Radcliffe and Griffiths to Present at 2008 Tony Awards

269

Jun 02, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Playbill.com is reporting today, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) are among those scheduled to be presenters at the upcoming 62nd Annual Tony Awards. This first list of presenters includes Radcliffe and Griffiths along other actors such as Kristin Chenoweth, Glenn Close, Laura Linney, John Lithgow, Liza Minnelli, Mary-Louise Parker, Alec Baldwin, Brooke Shields and Marisa Tomei. The Tony Awards honor the best of Broadway and will be broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 15th at 8 p.m. EST on CBS in the States.

Update: As in previous years, video of the red carpet celebrity arrivals for the Tony Awards will be broadcast live via the internet. Beginning at 6:30pm EST on Sunday, June 15th, a live internet feed will be available for viewing right here.

On a related note, readers will recall Daniel Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths are set to reprise their roles in the play “Equus” this fall when the production officially opens on Broadway September 25th.

32 Responses to Radcliffe and Griffiths to Present at 2008 Tony Awards

first post? GO DAN!!!

dude, that’s awesome!!

Avatar Image says:

And let’s not forget your Tony host….Whoopi Goldberg!!

Avatar Image says:

It will be good to see Dan again. He has been MIA for many months.

Avatar Image says:

VERY coo! Congradulations… its going to be excellent for you and a really great learning experience!

AWESOME, GO DAN!!

Thsi sucks. Not showing in Canada grr

Avatar Image says:

WOW! Radcliffe and Griffiths: together again! LOL You go, boys! Presenters at the Tonys!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Will this ever show in Ireland?

:D

(uncle Vernon) :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) why not Vernon Dursley? hahahhahahh

sweet…I want to know how Dan looks right now…because without the trailer its difficult to say….hmm

I love Kristin Chenoweth, one of my favorite Galindas (with a gah) :P

NEAT!!

Avatar Image says:

that’s so cool!!! can;t wait to see the tonys this year… it will be a blast!

Avatar Image says:

AHHHHH! I LOVE THE TONYS!!!!!!!!!!! i was just thinking about what if Dan got a nomination for the 2009 Tony Awards!

YES! Now all we need to know is if he wins Best Actor in a Play next year! _

Avatar Image says:

Are they going to be there in person? (said the New Yorker) Or will they be presenting via satellite? And do we know which award? sa

IT IS OFFICIAL! http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/tonynight/presenters/index.html

Avatar Image says:

Man, I’m so proud of Dan, he is only 18 years old and he is already going to play on Broadway and present a Tony, I mean: a TONY!

And he has worked very hard to get all that. I’m so glad he was “the choosen one” to play our Harry, do you know how prestigious for these movies is to have 2 HP actors presenting a Tony? It’s awesome!

Avatar Image says:

yay kristen chenoweth!! she rocks!!!! i love it when she sings “taylor, the latte boy!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m guessing they’ll be there in person; Dan’s probably going back to his NYC apartment and living there for a long while, especially considering his show is in September they will rehearse all summer. I think this means I need to be taking a trip to the city soon. :)

Avatar Image says:

oh great…I just peed my pants with excitment….tell me when you got some real news! Look for the trailer on July 11! It will be with the new Brandon Fraiser movie about going to the center of the earth!

Avatar Image says:

kitkat, I just peed my pants with excitment reading your comment…. tell me when something official is really said, not another rumor. ¬¬!

Tonys are the most important awards in the acting world, even more than the Oscars, because everyone knows theater is where real acting is done. So yes, a lot of us care. I’m looking foward to see Daniel and Richard both presenting the award and acting on Broadway! :) Thanks for the news!

Avatar Image says:

How do you know that kitkat? Its great Dan and Richard will be presenting. And Laura Linney, Glenn Close and Alec Baldwin!

Avatar Image says:

i keep look at this news and wantin the tonys to come on. i dunno any of the shows that are up this year. i just know the revivals. out of the theatrical loop i really want some big nods for Dan next year. not expecting Tonys but a Drama Desk nod would be awesome,

Avatar Image says:

What’s up with the new countdown clock at the top of Leaky?!? Is there an official date for the HBP movie?!? Did I miss the announcement?!?

Avatar Image says:

I can wait for the trailor. The less given away (lol i have read the book), the more i have to look forward to. They give away way too much information nowadays.

Regarding the Tonys: Yay! Haters can bash all they want, not like they have anything better to do lol! In this article, they call getting Dan to present an award, “a big catch”. The Tonys have been suffering in the ratings and having Dan on should draw viewers and they know it. I don’t get to NYC that often but watching this show for some of the musical numbers is great. It gives you an idea of what to see. Now i have an even better reason to watch this! * ponders *Wonder if someone will try to kiss Dan onstage again….

Avatar Image says:

great honor for Dan! He hasn’t debuted in Broadway yet and they are already asking him to be a presenter. Hope he is present in next year’s TOny – accepting an award this time.

Avatar Image says:

Wonderful News! this is a great honor for Dan and it will be great to get to see him and hear his voice again ….am hoping he will be back next year for the Tony’s for a different reason….... and getting one .

Avatar Image says:

I might actually tune in to see this. It’ll be nice to see some HP folks again.

Avatar Image says:

go dan : ) !!! , and congrats to both of you dan and mr. Griffiths : )

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to Dan and Richard! I am so happy for you guys. It is awesome to do the Tony Awards. I will be watching!! God Bless you ! Best Regards, Donna Evans

Avatar Image says:

Will it be available on youtube or something? because i don’t think i can watch the Tony awards in England… some one please record it!

Write a Reply or Comment