High Bidding Expected for Harry Potter Prequel Today

113

Jun 10, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Today is the day the new prequel to the Harry Potter series is set for auction in London, England. Part of a charity auction, organizers are expecting bidding for the special 800 word prequel written by J.K. Rowling to be quite high. ITN reports that” Philip Errington, a specialist at Sotheby’s, which will run the auction in Piccadilly, London on Tuesday night, said 13 storycards will be sold without reserve prices.He said: “Given the enormous interest we have seen in recent times for autograph work by JK Rowling, the prospects for her storycard are good to say the least. There is just no telling how high the bidding might go.”

As posted earlier here on TLC, this new prequel is contained on a special note card that is part of a charity auction to benefit Dyslexia Action and English Pen. The content of the card will feature a story involving the Marauders aka James Potter and Sirius Black as well as a police officer, and according to Jo, is set 3 years before Harry was born. The last line of the card, small preview seen here in our galleries, reads “From the prequel I am not working on ’ but that was fun!” The card and all of it’s content will be placed online via this link to Waterstone’s tomorrow, and will also be part of a book that will be published August 7th containing all 13 of the cards, proceeds to benefit those same two charities.You can pre- order this book from Waterstones (who will ship internationally) via this link. We will have complete coverage of this auction and will update with more on the new Harry Potter prequel as soon as it becomes available.

32 Responses to High Bidding Expected for Harry Potter Prequel Today

Cool!! I can`t wait!!!

coughwishwehadthemoneycough! lol

Avatar Image says:

Wow never been this high up in the comments before =) I hope they’re publishing it in Ireland as well Can’t wait to read it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I cant wait to read it! XD

Avatar Image says:

How exciting! I am so glad that this will be posted for free online!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to read it!

Does anyone think that the story could have to do with how Sirius got his motorbike?

Avatar Image says:

I guess this is just going to be like fanfiction in a way, because of the length.

Still REALLY excited though!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll cry if Jo is at the auction tonight because I decided not to go! But can’t wait to read it tomorrow =D

Avatar Image says:

I’m so excited to be able to read this. I know it won’t be long—and probably leave me wishing for more, but still…VERY EXCITED.

Avatar Image says:

crawling over the floor ...want….to…read….it….... pleeeeeeaaase….. dies…..or at least something like that

Avatar Image says:

I’m dying out here!!!! OMG! I want to read it so bad!!! It would be friggin AWESOME!

Avatar Image says:

Only one day to go, Leaky you really should have had a countdown timer for this! And Becca I thought the auction was by invitation only, otherwise I would have travelled down there

Avatar Image says:

ooh, i hope your right, jess. that would be so cool! w/ the motorbike and the stupid police officer. sweet. so glad we can read it online vive xe

Avatar Image says:

Even though I wish it were a prequel that she is working on … I am still anxious to see what little we can get! James, Sirius and a police officer … guess they didn’t give up their miscievious antics when they graduated! :-)

Avatar Image says:

Hey yeah I forgot it was today! I’m excited to see how much they’ll buy it for!

I’ll stuck with my £5 for the copy ;-)

(err, stick)

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think the police officer is going to have a big role: just Jo having fun, knowing we’ll all start guessing!

JK is writing a one-shot lmao. Awesome. ^^

Avatar Image says:

I don’t understand, haha. Can you purchase the story later in a book that they will sell in Waterstone’s or is the only way to read by the bidding?

Avatar Image says:

I wish I had that kind of money…:-( Oh well, can’t wait to read that card once it’s up tomorrow!

@ Londs

You can order the book, in which all the writers’ cards are put, and also I believe some extra cards, written by people who entered a writing contest. So yes, you can buy it- for now in pre-order on Waterstone’s… (yay!)

Avatar Image says:

Great! , thank you so much Emmy =)

Avatar Image says:

Oooooohhhhhh I cannot WAIT to find out what that card reads!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

We can only speculate as to what the content will be, but I like Jess’s suggestion about the motorbike. James had the invisibility cloak too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was used for some mischief making. Perhaps the whole prequel will be dark and serious. I’ll buy my copy at Waterstone’s in August. I’ll be in the UK then.

Avatar Image says:

Waterstone’s rule:D:D:D The shop are so clean, I’m honestly more excited to go into a Waterstone’s store than topshop or somethign like that. High Street Kensington has a the best Wasterstone’s. The one at Oxford street is so small:P

Avatar Image says:

One more day. One more day. One more day!

Avatar Image says:

I wish Jo would write a whole prequel novel. :D I would love that!!!!

dies

It will have JAMES!

ahem. Is it weird that I’m in love with the protagonist’s father???

Avatar Image says:

Man if I hade that kind of money…...........

can. not. wait!!! yes!

Avatar Image says:

I am sooooo psyched for this story! Did anyone see the photo of Tonls’ new hair due on Mugglenet?

Avatar Image says:

wow…I mean I know how long 800 words is- but it looks a lot longer than what I had originally thought!

Write a Reply or Comment