Photos of “Half-Blood Prince” Items at Licensing Expo

113

Jun 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

A few days ago we first reported on the new products due from retailers and Warner Bros tied into the release of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince this fall. These items were to be displayed at the Licensing International Expo currently ongoing in New York, and some new photos from the event are now online. Of interest are much clearer photos of Draco, Snape, Ron, Harry, Tonks and Lupin that were seen previously on those mysterious ads for Opal yarn. In addition are some new products fans can expect to see this fall, including a nice set of water globes, as well as what is perhaps a Pensieve replica from the Noble Collection. Other items are new OotP themed bags, books and tees, and much more.

On a related note, another purported photo from HBP has now surfaced, this showing Harry and Ginny hugging. While we can not confirm if this is from the film or where exactly this came from, we will try to find out more and update when we can.

Thanks much to Snitchseeker and Potterish for mailing!

58 Responses to Photos of “Half-Blood Prince” Items at Licensing Expo

Avatar Image says:

I love this pictrue. I freaked when I saw this on the snitch seeker. I wonder if will get a pic of them kissing. Or any pics of Ron and Lavender. Or Ron and Hermione. First 2 post

Avatar Image says:

I like the yarn pictures. No offense Ron’s hair does look kind of funny in the by himself.

Avatar Image says:

It can’t be too long until the release of the trailer. I think it’ll come out on Get Smart. Because if you go back you’ll see a thing that says Teaser Trailer click on that and it’ll tell the trailer gets released before Get Smart. But I don’t if that is true.

Avatar Image says:

Awww! At first I was excited, but now that I’ve looked at them, the pics aren’t that great. Maybe I’m just bitter about not having the trailer yet :(

Avatar Image says:

It looks like this picture was taken at the Burrow. I could be wrong. It could of been taken at Hogwarts but I think it’s at the Burrow.

Avatar Image says:

AHHHHHH I just love that pic of Harry and Ginny hugging. There’s so much in their smiles. Plastered together, really happy to be in each others’ arms, there’s…it’s…GAH! I really hope they do their relationship justice. I think it’d be a difficult thing to pull off in the cinema, because there’s so much subtlety to it, so much history that’s been glossed over in the past movies.

Avatar Image says:

ScottMan, I feel the same way. I’m really curious about how they’re going to portray the relationship when so much of the history has been glossed over, as you said. Still this image is marvelous and gives me hope! Ginny’s smile is so telling and even though Harry’s face is somewhat obscured you can just tell he’s grinning as well. Even their body language says it all – they’re holding on so tight. It’s really cute and I just love it.

I would really like a high-res version of this image. hinthint WB I wonder if it’s going to be in the trailer! Maybe that’s why this still happened to leak. I don’t think WB released it officially, but nonetheless I’m THRILLED.

Avatar Image says:

it’s beautiful! i’m totally agree with you ScottMan. they can pull it off.

i’m pretty far up! Hp6 news

yay! x

Avatar Image says:

I hope y’all have noticed Dumbledore’s new (or shall I say old?) look. I blogged about this back when the OotP DVD came out with the HBP sneak peek. I said then too, that Dumby was going to look more like the book/Richard Harris-appearance of him (whiter, more flowing hair, less prominent bells on the beard). They seem to have gone with a slightly aged look from the GoF trial though, more than a book/Richard Harris look. Better than what we’ve had so far! and Gambon’s performance in OotP was certainly closer to PoA and more like the book character. GoF was so off-kilter. Encouraging!

Also, WB does have a hand in the “leaks”, except they obviously won’t say it (they’re supposed to be leaks!), and yes, I was told that both the “party” scene with Snape, Draco, Filch & Wendy Slinkhard would be in the trailer (dunno about the teaser; I’ve said before it’s gonna be shorter than usual). The hug & the “pensive Harry” scenes will be in too. The common room scene won’t be. At least, not in trailer (again, dunno about the teaser)

Also, Richard Griffiths won’t be appearing in HBP. The second scene in the current cut has only Petunia, Harry & Dumbledore. Harry Melling did film some takes, but his character is, for now, off-screen. We’re also going to get a slightly “lengthier” (more explanation of past) scene between the three of ‘em. (as of now). The first scene is at Spinner’s End. Can’t say whether any part/element of The Other Minister will be in. The titling work is still ways off, considering the number of key frames still being rendered at Double Negative. And we must keep some things quiet, for suspense, eg?

Avatar Image says:

Aesome as always, love me some HPB news.

Just a little tidbit – I was down at the WB lot today at a building across the way, but I had to pass their buildings and all of their promotional posters are proudly displayed on the sides of WB and sadly there was nothing. Not even a blank page with words. Hopefully something comes soon. I plan on having my camera with me at all times in case it does ;)

Avatar Image says:

Oh my God! That pic of Harry and Ginny is the cutest thing I’ve seen all year.

Avatar Image says:

Aw that is so freakin’ cute. And Draco looks rather good too.. I love that he’s on an actual promo! Awesomeness.

Avatar Image says:

gosh, it’s only a few months away, and we still have so little to go on! I can hardly wait!! I think i’ll know the trailers and teaser by heart by the time the movie actually comes out!!!

The pic of harry and ginny is so cute. !!! I really really really do hope that the HBP and DH are filmed in a decent way. they just have to do the books justice!! that’s why it’s not such a bad thing that DH is split in two, it’ll give them more space to get it right. OH!!! I wish it were November already!

Avatar Image says:

In the large poster with Dumbledore,Harry,Draco,Snape is that tower the Astronomy Tower?The one with the clock.

Avatar Image says:

|| Yeah, I noticed that too. I knew that WB did all this! Thanks! But when the trailer will be out? Don’t you know?

Avatar Image says:

|| , do you work for the movie or something? I have seen your posts a few times and you always have some interesting information to tell.

WB is being unnaturally secretive about this film, hopefully they have some surprise for us!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD! I’m so exited….. how long have I been waiting for this… finally seeing them in each others arms!! I can’t wait for more… I can’t understand why WB is making us wait so long. I mean, is it some kind of commercial strategy???? BECAUSE IT”S NOT WORKING!!!! It’s just driving me crazy!

Avatar Image says:

I love that we are finally getting new pictures of the film. I still am anxiously waiting for that trailer whenever it comes out. I agree with you guys about Michael Gambon as Dumbledore that is the first thing I notice about him when I saw the picture is that he looks extremely worn out and older. I think I even saw a leeked picture a while back of him in his pj’s there really white kind of like Sauramans. I of course like that Snape is on the cover of something finally. And that picture of Harry and Ginny is so touching they look more and more like a young Lily and James all the time.

Avatar Image says:

Harry/Ginny picture!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG…it looks so lovely!!! and real…the others doesn’t.

Finally, some h/g!!!!!

I hope they keep the part in the movie where Hermione is acting all smug because she knows Harry finally likes Ginny but Harry doesn’t think anyone else can tell. That is one of my favorite parts of the book.

Avatar Image says:

is it just me or I am having a hard time on viewing the pictures???! I need to see it now, ugh! anyone can upload it on photobucket or something.. I think the site reached to an exceeding bandwidth limit.

Avatar Image says:

The Harry/Ginny picture isn’t working for me, it says file does not exist when I click on the link.

Avatar Image says:

If you can’t see the Harry and Ginny picture that Leaky post check out BonnieWrightOnline or Snitchseeker, both sites have the picture. :)

Avatar Image says:

Same here—no picture for me. is sad

Avatar Image says:

omg i agree with bellasnape, harry & ginny look so like lilly & james. it’s so damn cute.

aaaww man. can’t wait for hbp :o

Avatar Image says:

for now the trailer may go with Igor or Clone Wars, there is also talk of doing an exclusive release via an unnamed online portal, with no theatrical. an imax version may still be shown. the teaser remains attached to the Dark Knight.

the editing team is the key, for those who wanted to know

Avatar Image says:

awsome pic!! But it wont let me see the pic of harry and Ginny!!!!can someone post it???

Avatar Image says:

Finally H/G!!! They look really good together..and that comes from a person who thought that they don’t have a lot of chemistry..Daniel and Bonnie that is… I would really like to see them in motion and not just pictures… || The teaser attached to the dark knight?? Isn’t it too late for a teaser? Can you tale us more details about what’s in the film?

Avatar Image says:

the harry/ginny pic doesn’t work for me- but anywhoo, this is awesome!!! i love won won-and i have to say, he does look yummy in those photos :)

Avatar Image says:

Thanks a lot || ! But don’t you think it’s too late for a Teaser?

Avatar Image says:

Like Kristi said go to Bonnie Wright Online the picture is still up there. Look at where it says the Order and you’ll see EmmaWatsonOnline.com RupertGrintOnline.com BonnieWrightOnline.com DanielRadcliffeOnline.com EvannaLynchOnline.com that one deson’t work. And there is on that says We Love Matt. Click On BonnieWrightOnline.com It’ll show you the picture.

Avatar Image says:

jayjay and bellasnape, i totally agree with you. they are totally like little james and lily. I say that all the time about them!!I finally saw the pic. it wasnt working for me so I went to snitchseeker. They are soooo cute!!! i am so excited for more!!! i want a kiss pic!!!!!or a trailer!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Sorry about that. My laptop was running slow.

sorry bought that^^

Avatar Image says:

i can’t/won’t/shouldn’t say too much.

can’t because i only have limited access.

won’t because i wouldn’t want to spoil things for you folks. not the story, everyone already knows the general plot. but, the look and feel of the film.

shouldn’t because of the implications of doing so are undesirable.

Avatar Image says:

snape…Snape…SNape…SNApe…SNAPe…SNAPE!!! OMFG!!! I just love him…

Avatar Image says:

I was making a mental list of stuff that I want as I was going through all the photos from the expo. That metallic-y Gryffindor bag and wallet are screaming my name, but so was the Hogwarts messenger bag. I noticed two things as I was looking at the promo pics of the cast. 1: Where is Hermione? I wanted a Hermoine pic and 2: Tonk certainly looks totally different, I mean she is supposed to look different in HBP, but that hair cut is just tragic, it looks just like the mom’s hair from the Brady Bunch haha. Still I am glad they did note the change in her appearance. Last but certainly not least, a HARRY AND GINNY pic! THANK YOU! Its about time. My week is now complete and I will complain of nothing for the remainder of this week.

Avatar Image says:

MuggleNet said this photo was taking from the Burrow. I think maybe after the attack of the burrow or before.

Avatar Image says:

I thought this picture of harry and ginny would get more comments.Because the about the Slughorn party picture got like 12 pages of it and this picture is bigger then any other pictures.

Avatar Image says:

Hi ||, thanks for the info, nice to have a leak or two. But don’t leak anything that might lead to you being identified. Just one Q: do you think Yates has done a better job this time? I and others thought OotP was a mixed bag, with some highlights, especially towards the end, but with a lot of room for improvement.

Also, nice to know they shot the Other Minister scenes. Hope they use ‘em.

Avatar Image says:

I am of the belief that Harry and Ginny are supposed to look like a young James and Lily

Avatar Image says:

AHah || you’re very nice! But do you know if the teaser is finished? How come they are already talkin’ about the theatrical trailer?

Avatar Image says:

I really hope the poster and DVD art will be Dumbledore, Harry, Draco and Snape like on those promos. It perfectly sums up the book. And did I see Harry Potter trainers/sneekers, THAT is cool, I’m so gonna geek out and get them. The Harry/Ginny picture is really good, cant wait for this film, I hope those two can pull it off

Avatar Image says:

HBP news yeah!!!! Harry&Ginny picture is so cute! I wish we had some ron & Hermione soon

Avatar Image says:

Yes Kiwi, you did see Harry Potter sneakers. If you didn’t, that means we are both hallucinating because I got so excited when I saw them. Unfortunately though I would bet anything they are only going to be available in children’s sizes. I have tiny feet and wear a size 5 (US) and even I can’t fit in kid’s shoes. Hopefully I’m wrong and they will make them in adult sizes too because I instantly pictured myself being the complete nerd that shows up to see HBP at midnight in my Gryffindor shirt and blazer with those Harry Potter sneakers. Wow I am just too cool for words haha.

Avatar Image says:

Good lord! My computer went crazy with that comment.

Avatar Image says:

i don’t know about any of you but i smell a trailer in the near future. there has been too many releases of HBP material for the trailer not to be just around the corner. my gut is telling that there is a huge chance of us getting the trailer by the end of the month.

Avatar Image says:

H/G was so badly written in the novels that the movies can’t do much worse!

Avatar Image says:

annie I agree with you…The H/G love story was sth that I didn’t expect at all.. It came out of nowhere like Jo needed absolutely a love interest for Harry and couldn’t at that point introduce a new girl.. I mean there’s no build-up in the books 1-5…(Only the fact that G fancies H…and that, we must admit, we saw it in CoS) And everyone complaining that they didn’t show Ginny much in the movies is wrong…How could they predict that? I couldn’t, and I have read the books a lot of times.. Thank god that they put some jealousy moments in OotP…

On a different tone…Bonnie and Daniel..I hope they have chemistry because I think that they are not really good together..At least in the picture they are cute… And for everyone who wants a Hr/R picture…Guys!! They are not a couple in this movie…we should expect only a R/Lavender one… (The only moment I loved Hr/R in this book was at the funeral that they were hugging each other..Because other than that..Ron was a stupid 16-year-old boy and Hermione,although she is my favourite character, she was really annoying with that jealousy…Let’s hope that Yates shows it with a subtle way as always and that Emma doesn’t overreact!!!) Fingers Crossed!!

Sorry for the Novel…PS: traileeeer!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

My personal opinion on Yates’ direction of OotP varies according to which angle I’m taking on it. I also feel that the script & the editing played quite a large role in OotP. All I can say is, expect a very different feel/tone in HBP. If you half expected tragedy at every other moment in OotP (judging by the tone), you will be hit smack in the face when sad things happen in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised nobody has commented on the look (and inclusion) of the new, never-before existing Astronomy Tower that is visible in the new HBP banner in those toy expo pics that are on all the news sites. Personally I think it’s kind of neat how a huge golden telescope is poking out of the side of the tower, but I think it looks stupid how the shape of the telescope is fat on the end as opposed to having a slim straight shape all the way through—it looks more like a gigantic trumpet. It also seems as if this tower doubles as a clocktower of sorts, although it’s hard to tell if that’s in fact what that round shape is, since the image is blurry.

Avatar Image says:

Here’s the image I’m talking about:

Avatar Image says:

@ || how do you know about Fiona and Harry M participation at filming and about the trailer ??

Avatar Image says:

well the picture is gone now…looks like the WB police are at work!

Avatar Image says:

Susan: Go to Mugglenet-Deathly Hallows site the pictures is still up there or go to BonnieWrightOnline.com it’s still up there to.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so jealous of her, it hurts.

Avatar Image says:

woohoo the pics are great All we need now is the trailer :)

Write a Reply or Comment