Followup: EA Russian HBP Game Release Date False

113

Jun 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Many thanks to EA, makers of the Harry Potter video games, who let us know the previous rumor regarding an August release date for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince game was incorrect. As we noted in our report yesterday, and now confirmed to us again by EA, the HBP video game will be made available this November in conjunction with the release of the sixth Harry Potter film.

If you missed the official announcement from Electronic Arts earlier, the HBP game (a nice larger screen shot now available here in our galleries) is described in the following that “players will return to Hogwarts to help Harry survive a fraught sixth year. They will also have a chance to engage in exciting wizard duels, mix and brew magical ingredients in Potions class and take to the air to lead the Gryffindor Quidditch team to victory. Players may even get sidetracked by Ron’s romantic entanglements as they journey towards a dramatic climax and discover the identity of the Half-Blood Prince.”

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game will be released on on the Wii, Playstation 3, XBOX 360, Playstation 2, PSP< Nintendo DS platforms as well as for Windows PC, Macintosh, and mobile devices. Be sure to check out the EA Harry Potter website via this link for more on the current “Order of the Phoenix” game, and stay tuned for many cool assets and HBP previews are due in the coming months!

20 Responses to Followup: EA Russian HBP Game Release Date False

Yeah, now expect to November

Avatar Image says:

Yay! First to comment….anyway….......I’m soooo excited for this game, OOTP was really well done

Avatar Image says:

I’m still really excited for the game!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yet, again, Leaky is at the forefront of “Rumor Central”! Giving us the rumor and following up, as soon as is available, the correct information! Thanks, again, Leaky!!!! That’s why I always come, to TLC for all my information! Really looking forward this new game! [And the movie it’s about!]

Avatar Image says:

I figured it wouldn’t be released in August. That’d just be too good to be true. The game sounds awesome though! I can’t wait until this November!

Avatar Image says:

Argh, that’s all so unfair! It’s the same thing every time!! I’m so excited I could die and then I’ll be flooded with the trailer, the game, the movie, the interviews on TV, the Making Of – stuff on TV at once and die anyway .

I’m so glad that there are “only” three movies left….

Avatar Image says:

Confederate Lady, I cannot tell if you are ebing sarcastic or not…

Well, we can’t say we’re surprised :]

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait to use the Wiimote as my wand again :) And as far as the false August release date…duh. That’s all I have to say about that :P

Avatar Image says:

yay! this is exciting. i laughed so hard when i read “Players may even get sidetracked by Ron’s romantic entanglements” lol

Avatar Image says:

Ridiculous! For ages we’ve been asking when the trailer might arise, but THIS they leap upon immediately!!!!! And it was so obviously wrong! Game tie-ins have rarely been released that far in advance…

Avatar Image says:

Woo! I wanna get this on Wii!! I have OOTP. I still haven’t passed it!! haha!!

Avatar Image says:

Could care less, really :( I JUST NEED A TEASER TRAILER, OR AT LEAST MORE PICTURES PLEASE?? – good god, i’m going crazy!

Avatar Image says:

I knew it was a rumor all along, besides the games usually come out when the movies hit in theaters anyway!

Avatar Image says:

in response to some guy’s question back in the first post regarding the game:

right now, my favorite movie has got to be HBP :-) i mean, who doesn’t like more Snape?

Avatar Image says:

At the mall this afternoon in my favorite video game store, the release date was posted as November.

Avatar Image says:

When do you think they’ll open up the official HBP site… when did we get the GOF and OOTP ones? just after the teaser trailer wasn’t it?

Avatar Image says:

hello Daniel radcliffe i love you

Avatar Image says: DAESH ONOTOLE V PRAVITELI VSELENNOI!Avatar Image says: Nice site, thanks for information!Avatar Image says: Not bad... Not bad.

Write a Reply or Comment