WB Denies New JKR/Trio Movie for Harry Potter Theme Park

Jun 18, 2008

Posted by SueTLC

As readers are aware, there have been many reports flying on the net regarding a possible new mini-Harry Potter movie starring the Trio, and supposedly written by J.K. Rowling for the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. Thanks to Warner Brothers, who let us know this rumor is completely FALSE, as they sent us the following statement on this matter:

“J.K. Rowling continues to be very supportive and involved with the plans underway for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. Contrary to recent press reports, she has not written scripts for any films based on the Harry Potter ‘prequel’ (recently written and sold for charity) or otherwise, as part of the theme park or any other purpose.

We are working hard to make The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an exciting and authentic experience for all fans and guests. For more information about the park, please visit unversalorlando.com/harrypotter/.

27 Responses to WB Denies New JKR/Trio Movie for Harry Potter Theme Park

omg!!!!1st comment!!!1

Avatar Image says:

omgomgomgomg!!! my goal in life has been fufilled!!!! 1st comment!!! sorry to rub it in yall. but on the subject of the minimovie. oh man that sucks! i was really excited! :( vive xe

Avatar Image says:

This news is fine with me…

Avatar Image says:

dang.. it sounded like a pretty tight idea IMO

and [TAYLOR], haha i know what you mean haha

Avatar Image says:

Le poo. By the way Sue, do you have some kind of special Warner Bros call you give you for these kind of occasions, like a big WB sign in the the sky or ooh ooh a red flashing Warner Brothers phone? Before you know it they come sweeping in to dish you the news. Weird but this pondering has really got me in the mood to watch Batman now!

Avatar Image says:

Doesn’t really make me sad….. I`m fine with it. The park’s going to be great anyway! =)

Avatar Image says:

Kiwi, your comment made me laugh so hard I fell out of my chair. As for the theme park, I wasn’t really hacing high hopes for the movie.

Avatar Image says:

Should I reveal a secret? Nah its not a sign, its a secret squee phone :) hahah sorry couldnt resist :P I LOVED the Batman TV show , one of the campiest most hilarious old shows ever! lol I especially cracked up over the hokey -BIFF POW SOCKO lol which is what I feel like writing sometimes, especially with this spate of recent rumors lol :) Thanks for all your great comments here Kiwi, Cheers! :)

Avatar Image says:

Just because she’s not writing it doesn’t mean no one else is?

Avatar Image says:

Well this sucks… A mini-movie would make sense in the queue area of a ride… WB has been really quick to deny HP rumors this year, but has been totally mum on the ever elusive teaser trailer. Has Get Smart been confirmed or denied?

Avatar Image says:

I’m quite glad its not true as it would be unfair for it to only be available to those lucky enough to go to the theme park and deny other fans unable to.

Avatar Image says:

This only says that JKR didn’t write anything, but it doesn’t deny the possibility of a minimovie with the trio. It actually doesn’t talk about the trio at all. So I guess there’s still a possibility for that.

Avatar Image says:

..um.. when did anyone specify that we thought a mini movie was being made of HER PREQUEL??..i dont think we said that at all infact. we said we think a mini movie IN GENERAL is being made in tradition with the parks rides starring THE TRIO. (how would the trio star in the prequel about the maurauders??) maybe im just missing the rest of the quote, but where does it even say anything about the trio at all? ....it sounds to me like something is being not-so-cleverly sidestepped.. haha. i think they very overtly DID NOT deny or confirm the real rumor..just made it sound like they did.

Avatar Image says:

um…HELLO!? isn’t this obvious? how many times have we heard Jo say she is not writing any more on the story of Harry Potter? (not including the HP encyclipedia- i’m looking forward to something like that) Shouldn’t a mini-movie staring the Trio being shown in an amusement park fall under that category?!? the idea to me, anyways, always sounded a little against everything she always said…

Avatar Image says:

Even without Jo writing a mini-movie, i’m still glad that she is getting involved in the park and has said “fans of the books and movies will not be disappointed.” If it’s got her approval, i’ll be sure to be at the gates when it opens!!!

Avatar Image says:

Perhaps if WB would give us a trailer, we’d have something else to talk about instead of latching on to these rumors!

Sue, give them a call and tell them to get on it, would you?

Avatar Image says:

WB denial is so misleading about the articles content (i.e, it never said JKR had/is writing a ‘script’),it leads me to believe the story is plausible – go ahead call me naive (smiles).

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, that was my first reaction too – she’s not a script writer, is she? So it’s only natural that she’s not writing a script. Scully, it’s not naivity to analyze what people say or write and draw your own conclusions from that. :)

It’s still a rumor and we should treat it as such, but, if any, this “denial” from WB has made me beleive more in the rumor than I did before. It’s very interesting that the movie company has chosen a set of words in their announcement that doesn’t rule out this rumor. It must’ve been deliberate. I don’t beleive a moment that they chose these words without thinking.

Avatar Image says:

I agree Bjorn.The statement seems designed to dampen down speculation, perhaps on JKR’s behalf.Some media outlets have headlines like ’ Ninth Potter Movie Possible?’.I don’t think anyone is suggesting it’d be anything other than a short sequance.

Avatar Image says:

They haven’t denied the existence of a mini-movie, or special footage for the theme park, merely that Jo wrote the scripts (which is a bit ambiguous, but I take that to mean that Jo hasn’t written anything specific for the theme park). There could of course still be scenes like the Queen’s Handbag sketch, which (as far as we know) wasn’t written by her, but was presumably approved by her and to which she might have had some input.

Avatar Image says:

Ha Ha, this denial by WB is hilarious! Why? Because they are denying things that weren’t even rumoured to throw us “rumour hounds” of the scent ;) I speculated that JK may offer a plot synopsis but a professional screenwriter will write a script that is specific to taking advantage of the 3D hydraulics technology which normally always encompass a main action chase sequence (eg, Back to the Future the ride, T2 3D Battle for TIme, Shrek 4D, Amazing Spiderman etc). WB havent really denied any of this!

What is so funny about this is that, if WB kept quiet, there would have remained doubts about this rumour. Now that they publish a denial of everything but the mini-movie rumour is like saying “yeah, alright we are doing a mini-movie with the famous trio but please, dont tell anyone, please please?!?”

Avatar Image says:

Methinks WB could do with an Obliviation department to obliviate those who know too much. Works for the Ministry of magic…;)

Avatar Image says:

drat, i was looking forward to that! The more Harry Potter, the better! Oh well, it’s not tramatizing news…

Avatar Image says:

aww. :-( huge pity. not that i’ll be able to visit the theme park any time soon, but i expected the story of newly filmed stuff to eventually leak on the internet… :-( So no new Jo/hp stuff eh… (sniff)

@ Professor Potter

You know, I wish you were right, but I don’t think it’ll happen…

Avatar Image says:

(leak on the internet. LEAK. got it? Leaky? Leak? mwahahaha I’m ever so clever!)

Avatar Image says:

WHATT!!!! THERES GONNA B A HARRY POTTER THEME PARK!!!! AM I DREAMING!!!!!!!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment