Reminder “Order of the Phoenix” and Saturn Awards Tonight

333

Jun 24, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

A reminder that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has received a slew of nominations at this year’s Saturn Awards, which are due to be presented tonight in Los Angeles, California.

As we reported previously back in February, these many nominations for OotP include a nod for “Best Fantasy Film.” Of note are acting nominations for Dan Radcliffe, acknowledged in the “Best Performance by a Younger Actor,” and Imelda Staunton, recognized in the “Best Supporting Actress” category for her turn as Professor Umbridge. Michael Goldenberg received a nomination for his screenplay of OotP in the “Best Writing” category, with Nicholas Hooper also being nominated for his score as “Best Music” for the fifth Harry Potter film, and David Yates was mentioned as a nominee for “Best Director.” Other nominations for Order of the Phoenix include those for “Best Costumes” (Jany Temime) and “Best Make-Up” (Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight) and Tim Burke, John Richardson, Paul Franklin, and Greg Butler for “Best Special Effects.” Update Most regrettably, OotP did not win a single award tonight, alas.

22 Responses to Reminder “Order of the Phoenix” and Saturn Awards Tonight

Avatar Image says:

Is this going to be on TV anywhere?

Avatar Image says:

Yeah is this going to be on tv?

Avatar Image says:

Is Dan still in the USA and is he going to this event ??

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm. It’s interesting in the “Best Writing” category they have both adapted screenplays and original screenplays. I like the way the Oscars does it better because they have separate categories for original and adapted screenplays. I’m not saying one is better than the other, but they are so different. On the one hand, you have somebody sitting there with a blank page creating something out of nothing, where on the other hand, you have someone sitting there with an entire book as source material. Adapting a screenplay is more like editing than creative writing.

Avatar Image says:

Yay. :) But can we watch it at alll ? ..... ??

Avatar Image says:

According to the TV Schedule it is NOT playing on any of these Bravo, E, ABC, TNT, TBS, SCIFI, FMC, FX, and Spike, I don’t kow what other channel might air it? Any one know or have any ideas?

Avatar Image says:

I hope OOTP gets something especially Dan for the acting they deserve it big time =)

Avatar Image says:

i agree the acting was really good. but im guessing that its not going to be screening on tv tonight. or else it would have said when like it did for the ABC weekeend that sucks thaugh because i wanted to watch it.

Avatar Image says:

r we gonna b able 2 watch this on tv cause it does not show up on my schedule 2day on tv 4 this event. i really wanted 2 watch it:{

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad Imelda got some recognition. She was amazing in that film.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t see how Michael Goldenberg received a nomination. The last qtr. of the movie from a screenplay standpoint was simply terrible, imo.

Avatar Image says:

wow, that’s a lot of awards for a movies.lol Imelda was really good in the film and i hope she wins he award

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if it’s going to be on tv?

Avatar Image says:

the question of the day: TV SHOWING?

Avatar Image says:

I hope Dan wins the Best young actor award and I pray he will attend the show to personally accept that award. He’s in LA right now, isn’t he? Or was that New York?

Avatar Image says:

That is such a strange website (saturn awards website). I can’t even find the date of when the awards will be announced. How did you find out Leaky? I assume there is some kind of presentation judging from some of the photos of past winners. But the website doesn’t tell you much. I guess in California it’s only 7:00 p.m. right now, so I suppose it hasn’t happened yet, but still – kind of a lame website.

Avatar Image says:

THey lost out in every category according to the Holllywood Reporter

Avatar Image says:

To be honest; I´m not suprised to see Freddie Highmore wins best younger actor, after all he´s the “darling” of those Saturn awards, this is the second or even third time he win this

And YES I´m dissapointed – Dan deserved this, he did an AMAZING job in OOTP

Avatar Image says:

What??Freddie Highmore is the “darling”of those awards??this is scandalous!!if the people that have the decision of give the award have a “crush”on him the other actors don’t have possibilities for win!!well…is REALLY strange..HP had so many nominations..so sad.

Avatar Image says:

This is all fake. OOTP is being nominated for all these awards, even though its been more then a year now since its release into cinemas, to give the director, screenplay writer and stupid Hopper face some satisfaction and make them feel good about themselves, even though they really and truely suck at what they do. The awards shows are just being nice, its like giving the a pat on the back even though we know that pat means nothing. And if yates does win and so does hooper doodle face and that other, then we all know there was some major ass kissing going on there. And im going to cram my writing as much as i want, just to piss you off Ava.

P.S. I need to stop being in such a fury, rather then being furious.

Avatar Image says:

wasnt Emma nominated too?good luck to all!

Avatar Image says:

Imelda Staunton’s performance was incredible. She really embodied the cruelty of Umbridge. I cringed every time she came on screen. She should have been nominated for an Oscar. And every other movie award going.

Write a Reply or Comment