Cast Watch: Trailers for Emma Watson, Jason Isaacs New Movies and More

117

Jun 27, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As we continue to wait for news on Half-Blood Prince, some of our favorite actors have been busy with other movie projects, and we have a few updates regarding those tonight.

First up: The new trailer for “The Tales of Despereaux,” an animated film featuring the voice of Emma Watson is now online via Yahoo movies. Based on the best selling book, this film is due in theaters December 19.

Next: “Good” starring Jason Isaacs and Viggo Mortensen. The trailer for the film based on the powerful play by C.P. Taylor features Jason in a departure from his role as Death Eater Lucius Malfoy to part of a Jewish victim caught up in the rise of the Nazi regime in Germany. You can see the trailer here via YouTube or here in our video galleries. This film is expected to be released later this year.

Mamma Mia, its Mamma Weasley, singing! Well sorta, as Julie Walters (Molly Weasley) will soon be seen in the film Mamma Mia, based on the hit musical featuring the songs from the group ABBA. Enjoy!

“The Dark Knight”: Marketing is in high gear for this next installment in the Batman series, and there are a host of new clips and trailers for this film starring Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), Christian Bale, and the late Heath Ledger here via a special Comcast site and here via the official WB The Dark Knight website.

Older news, but still worth checking out are the following list below.

Like fine wine, Alan Rickman keeps getting better as seen in his newest film “Bottle Shock,” a movie about the wine business.

Jim Broadbent (Professor Slughorn in the upcoming “Half-Blood Prince”) can currently be seen in When Did You Last See Your Father? with Colin Firth.

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) is in the dark thriller “The Disappeared. Please note the trailer for this film is quite intense and contains disturbing subject matter not suitable for younger viewers.

Thanks to everyone who has emailed!

56 Responses to Cast Watch: Trailers for Emma Watson, Jason Isaacs New Movies and More

Avatar Image says:

Ah, Tom in something new. The kid has chops. Would love to see this flick.

Avatar Image says:

wow, I’m actually quite impressed that Desperaux film, didn’t actually look half bad. Can’t wait for the Dark Night, the viral marketing of that film has been incredible, and with the added bonus of possibly a HBP trailer before it, the hype surrounding it is pitch perfect. I can’t wait

Whoops meant Dark KNIGHT, oh the shame

Avatar Image says:

The Dark Night looks absolutely amazing. I honestly can’t wait to see that film. It’s great to see Potter actors in so many other projects! I just checked out the Trailer for The Disappeared, looks very interesting.

Avatar Image says:

They all look like really good films, especially “Good.” I can’t wait to see them …

Avatar Image says:

Was it just me, or did Emma’s voice sound quite different? The trailer for it actually didn’t look to bad. I hadn’t liked the book all that much, but now I can hardly remember it.

woops- meant TOO bad.

Avatar Image says:

wow. HP actors are really bringing it in this year!! good luck to all!

Avatar Image says:

aw, that tales of Despro, or whatever looks so cute. so cool that emmy’s doing a voice of a character.

Avatar Image says:

Tom’s film looks great! That is such a different role for him!

Avatar Image says:

So I was watching the trailer for Tom’s movie, and wow that looks creepy. I HATE scary movies (I couldn’t even finish watching the trailer, sad I know) so thats one movie I will NOT be seeing lol. I’m such a coward! :)

Avatar Image says:

emma’s movie looks really cute, and tom’s uber creepy.

Avatar Image says:

The Dissapeared movie doesn’t look so scarey. Tom didn’t have much of a role in the trailer. Well I guess we have to wait to see another trailer to see Tom in it.

Avatar Image says:

Movie news is my fave. I’ve been roaming trailers (just cause) in general lately and these all have hit my agenda.

Thanks Sue for the update. And I love that I could tell it was you posting without having read it was you (It was the Alan Rickman fine wine quote!)

cool trailers

i have strong hopes that the hbp teaser will come out in front of dark knight but if the warner bros people had any sort of a brain they should of released it infront of get smart.the movie grossed almost $40 million over one weekend in america so that would of been a smart thing for them to do

Avatar Image says:

I have to admit, I was excited when I saw the word “trailer” in the headline! Anyway, all these movies w/ HP actors goes to show what a quality cast is in these movies! I am very excited to see Dark Knight (Christian Bale, helLO! haha) and the prospect of the HP6 trailer coming out before it is fantastic! :D I saw Get Smart opening weekend too…I think the right call is putting it in front of DK because I don’t think that GS really pulls the HP crowd as much as DK. Although, come on, its a trailer….throw us a freaking bone…we are starved fans since DH was released, throw together a teaser, I just want to see how the kids….er….young adults? are going to be looking this time around!

Avatar Image says:

The Tale of Desperaux looks so totally different from the book. I was a little disappointed. & OMG. I totally KNEW Gary Oldman was in The Dark Knight! I saw previews on television, and was like “Is that the handsome face of Gary Oldman?!” and WOO! I was so right! :) I’m proud … :D

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised that Tom Felton is acting in a movie outside the Potter franchise. Didn’t he say some time ago that he really wasn’t interested in a long-term acting career and would rather be a pro fisherman? Apparently he’s changed his mind.

Avatar Image says:

Whoever mentiond that they couldn’t get into the Snitch Seeker, I couldn’t either. Can someone else go there and see if they can get on there. It hasn’t been working for a few days on my computer.

Avatar Image says:

The Tale of Despereaux has got quite the cast list! Emma Watson, Dustin Hoffman, Matthew Broderick, Sigourney Weaver, Christopher Lloyd, Kevin Kline, Robbie Coltrane, William H. Macy, Stanley Tucci, Tracey Ullman!

Good looks tremendous. And I wonder if The Disappeared will be coming to American cinemas? It intrigues me.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness, just finished watching “The Dissapeared” trailer. Tom Felton looks like he does a fantastic acting job in this movie. I’m really a chicken when it comes to movies like that though. : (

I can’t wait to see Tom Felton in Half Blood Prince, should be great! :)

Avatar Image says:

Whoever said that Emma’s voice sounds different, I don’t think it does. Her voice sounds the same. That looks like a fun movie to see. If this movie comes out in December then why ar they waitng so long to put the trailer for hbp on when the movie comes out a month before the tales of despereaux. I’m sure we would of had something out by now. Can someone answer that question for me? And we’ve been waiting a long time for the trailer for hbp to come out. Haven’t we. Bye the way the Snitch Seeker is working now.

Avatar Image says:

Desperaux looks alright, although Emma’s character looks boring.. And The Disappeared looks really scary :/ interesting to see Tom doing something different though. It seems more his thing if I’m honest.

Avatar Image says:

The Tale of Desperaux looks funny (I never heard anything about the book, sorry). I don’t really like Tom’s movie, but there’s Tom, thus I hope we’ll see it sooner or later in Italy! And Good looks like a very interesting movie, not only because of Jason, I’m looking forward to seeing it!!

Jason Isaacsa AND Viggo Mortenson at once? Toms film looks scary. XI

Avatar Image says:

her voice sounds different in the Tale..plus wonder when was this seqence recorded?since she just finished hp and was prev having exams too…hmm.

i dont remember the book much,bt guess i’d just watch the film..support her…hehe

Avatar Image says:

Cant Wait To Mamma Mia,, Its Looks Awesome!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! The Dissapeared looks freaky. I’ll go see it anyway because I love Tom Felton!! XD

Avatar Image says:

I’ve never read ‘Desperaux’ but the movie looks good. I imagine that, given that it will be released in December, we’ll see more information on it soon. I loved Emma’s voice. Yep, she does sound “different”, because it is a different type of character. Plus, you can’t “see” her. It’s looking awsome for members of the HP famiy! Go get ‘em!

Avatar Image says:

wow! they all look pretty exciting! i love seeing HP characters in other movies too so i can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

u can now download the tale of desperaux trailer here..

Avatar Image says:

Issacs and Mortensen in the same film….

(sits down, fans herself…)

Avatar Image says:

Re Tom’s film; It’s a sad day for Greg Wise when Jenno looks more attractive.

Avatar Image says:

Despereaux looks awesome. He’s so cute! Jason Isaacs without the shirt : )-I like it! The Disappeared looks awesome! cool news,Leaky!

Avatar Image says:

www.snitchseeker.com works just fine from sunny, soon to be rainy Florida, USA.

Avatar Image says:

wow i really want to see ‘the disapeared’ it looks good. but to bad for me cause i HATE scary movies. Its nice to see other Hp charactors in other movies. ‘despereaux’ looks kinda dumb. sorry but it looks a little stupid but im sure ill go and see it anyway. I didnt think that emma sounded defferent thaugh. its probably just cause you cant actually see her so it seems defferent. cant wait for the HP6 trailor! good job potter cast.

Avatar Image says:

Emma’s rarified girls’-school accent works perfectly for a little princess, ha! She’ll be great. Go Emma. I guess Tom is capitalizing on his bad boy image. I think he’s a pretty good actor.

Avatar Image says:

The Disappeared trailer was released like 4 months ago. Why has the news of it only come out now?

Avatar Image says:

those are amazing trailers! haha Alan Rickmans film looks interesting… “and i’m not really, i’m just british and well… you’re not” i love him. and Tom’s movie looks really creepy! i want to see it. Emma’s movie looks cute :)

Avatar Image says:

I should be jealous of all of them, but I’m not. I’m happy they’re all busy doing other work.

Viggo Mortensen AND Jason Isaac being the main characters in a movie… AWESOME!!! The trailer evoked a great deal of emotion in me, so I can only imagine what the movie will do.

Again, I say… GOOD FOR JO for making it a condition that the cast for the HP movies be all British (I’m American BTW).

And Finally… Great News Item. I like the combination of news items as it relates to HP actors.

Avatar Image says:

I’m going to see ‘Dark Knight’ for sure. & I really want to see ‘The Disappeared’, I love ghost stories!*

Avatar Image says:

@Kate: I think it is a different trailer from the one that was out some time ago.

About Desperaux: I can’t wait to see it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pixar and Dreamworks, but it was high time we got a promising computer animated movie from a different source. Plus, the “Named it fluffy!” line made me laugh. :P

Avatar Image says:

Tale of Desperaux looks so cute! <3 <3 Reminds me of Ratatoullie.

Wait, Gary’s in Dark Knight? vOoh, I didn’t know that! I hope the HBP trailer is before it!

Avatar Image says:

Awwww. The Tale of Despereaux looked so cute and funny. I can’t wait to go see it. I love films like that. I really really want to go see the Dark Knight, but it’s going to be hard to see Heath Ledger. he was such a terrific actor.

Avatar Image says:

So, Jason Isaacs goes from playing a Nazi figure to playing a Jewish man in a Nazi regime? Hmm… Movie looks pretty good. Don’t know what to think about that despareaux movie… I just thought “Ratatoulie” when I first saw it, and why is it that happens so often? Volcano and Dante’s Peak. Armageddon and Deep Impact. Bugs Life and Antz. Finding Nemo and Shark Tale. Hmm…

Tom Felton’s movie looks a bit low budget, but it may be interesting… That was a freaking long trailer…

Avatar Image says:

The Tale of Despereaux looks like a great holiday treat. I also enjoyed the other trailers. Thanks a lot for posting them.

Avatar Image says:

I’m curious whether or not Rupert and Matt Lewis will be doing any stage, tv, or screen work this year before starting the next HP movie. Rupert’s Driving Lessons film wasn’t bad, but I’m curious as to why he doesn’t pick up other work. Same for Matt. They seem to have the talent for acting. And, it would be nice to see them in other work.

Avatar Image says:

well weve been wishing for a trailer i geuss we got a but load of them….i want to see almost all of these movies….im not a fan of scary movies…DARK KNIGHT!!!

Avatar Image says:

Rickman won best actor at the Seattle International Film Festive with Bottle Shock. Apparently it is to be released in August to limited cities and theaters..

For all you Colin Firth fans he is also in Mamma Mia. He said something about Spandex on Letterman. Very funny, but very dry sense of humor.

And lastly I really hope we get to see When Did You Last See Your Father. It too was shown at the SIFF. Didn’t win any awards but looks like a great tear jerker.

One more, I was watching Batman Begins on TV a few weeks ago. I had not seen it before. I kept asking my DS who the police officer with the glasses was-he looked really familar. It wasn’t until the credits that I realized it was Gary Oldman—her really is the master of disquise.

Avatar Image says:

OMFG I GOT SO SCARED WATCHING THE DISAPPEARED!!! I really can’t do scary movies…but this one has Tom Felton in…so I might have to try it :D The Tale of Desperaux looks really good . . . :D x

Avatar Image says:

Um… Gary Oldman played that char in Batman Begins, of course he’d reprise for The Dark Knight… he’s a very loyal type person.

Avatar Image says:

WOW! I need to know when the Disappeared comes out it looks so good and I usually don’t like these kinds of movies.

Avatar Image says:

omg! I have to see ‘The Disappeared’ by far the best trailer I have seen in these, although i did like the ‘Dark Knight,’ and ‘Good’ those were right up my alley too!

Avatar Image says:

Sooo do not do horror movies (get enough horror from the news, thank you) but now I will have to see “The Disappeared ” (LOL) THANKS TOM! ; D

CAN’T WAIT to see THE DISAPPEARED especially seeing as felton’s in it… <3

lol ive watched the trailer like 4 times already…kinda sad huh

anyone know when its showing????

Avatar Image says:

AS A REPLY TO ERIKA – who wont read this but anyway…

YOU SAID…”The film with Jason Issacs looks very intriging. Viggo Mortenson is a terrific actor as well. Jason played the jilted husband in The End of the Affair and was terrific as the father in Peter Pan. So he doesn’t just do bad guys, but I have to admit I wanted him dead in The Patriot. He was worse than Lucious Lucius.”

but u forgot that he didnt just play the father in Peter Pan. HE WAS CAPTAIN HOOK!!! lol

Write a Reply or Comment