Rumor Alert: More HBP Casting and Teaser Trailer Talk

114

Jun 30, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There are a few random pieces of cast news relating to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today, as well as a rumor alert on another possible time frame for the release of a teaser trailer. First to the rumor: TLC has received multiple reports from people who work at theaters here in the US, including ones such as Regal Cinemas, that claim a “Half-Blood Prince” teaser trailer is due to be shown before the new Batman film, The Dark Knight when it opens nationwide on July 18. Please note, this possible date has long been floated about the internet, with the rumors increasing of course as the summer moves along and there has not yet been an official HBP trailer released. To add to this, there are also new reports that a clip or perhaps that Harry Potter montage that was shown last week in Amsterdam, is to be shown at the upcoming Comic-Con in San Diego the weekend of July 24-27 during the WB panel. As exciting as all of this is, please keep this very much in the rumor department for now, as we are working hard to confirm all of this and will update as we can.

In other news, our friends at Snitchseeker.com emailed to let us know that Sky magazine in the UK has a very brief mention of a visit to the set of Half-Blood Prince. While there is no news in the short article regarding the actual film, there is a photo of Rupert Grint, who mentions again he has bought an ice cream truck, and a note about Emma Watson who apparently said she is interested in attending Cambridge University.

Also, an actor by the name of Rod Hunt has apparently been cast in the role of Death Eater Rowle for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Again, these various casting reports we’ve heard over the past few months remain unconfirmed for the time being (and no guarantee they will make it to the final cut of the film), and we will update once WB releases the final cast list for the sixth Harry Potter film.

Finally, you can see new photos of Hero Tiffin Fiennes now online (the nephew of Lord Voldemort actor Ralph Fiennes) as he appears in a new film that screened recently at the Edinburgh International Film Festival called ““Bigga than Ben.” Please note, as there has been some confusion over this, these photos are most certainly NOT of the actor as he appears as Young Tom Riddle in HBP, but rather as he appears in his latest movie.

Thanks to all who emailed!

84 Responses to Rumor Alert: More HBP Casting and Teaser Trailer Talk

Avatar Image says:

I think it would make sense to put it in front of dark knight. It sucks that it is a whole 18 days away though … any longer and they almost might as well not have a trailer. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

Here’s to hoping a trailer rumor finally pans out

Avatar Image says:

only 16 days here in Australia…haha :) The trailer has taken ssssooooo long!

Avatar Image says:

Come on I mean they shoud be ashamed. Twilight will be relised in December and there is a trailer but HP will be relised in November and there isn’t a trailer yet. What are they waiting for?

Avatar Image says:

Thats cool that Emma is going for cambridge, she’s just like mione :)

Avatar Image says:

glares at australians stupid fifteen hours or so ahead.

supposing it does come out with The Dark Knight, how long do you think it will take to get online?

Avatar Image says:

For OotP didn’t they release a trailer like 9 months before the movie came out? Now we’re like 4 months away and nothing yet! What is taking so long? We haven’t even had that many pictures either….

Hope to be true

Avatar Image says:

I want to agree with Drew, and applaud Emma Watson as a role model for all young people, and in particular for young women…her commitment to her education and to her career in acting should both be publicized widely!

Scholastic has a variety of magazines and news letters for school age children in the US: if they have not yet run a story about Watson’s educational achievements and aspirations, they should.

Emma Watson’s choices and actions are far more newsowrthy than the barrage of drek we hear about Winehouse, Hilton, Simpson, Spears and that long list of sad young people (male and female) who achieve so little with their lives yet parade across our tv sets each evening…let’s have a real and a positive role model for once!

Ms. Watson, I also hope you will take a lead and begin visiting schools, libraries, and other educational events as part of a campaign for learning…..

and, as much as the idea is making me smile and shake my head, we have Rupert Grint buying an ice cream truck?

Avatar Image says:

He’s adorable. I wonder if watching his relatives movies gave him the acting bug…

Avatar Image says:

Little Hero Tiffin Fiennes looks so angelic! Young Tom Riddle was a handsome child according to the books, so I’m sure he’ll look the part.

Avatar Image says:

I hope to God that the Trailer comes out with the Dark Knight if not like someone said what is the point of having one by now. The Dark Knight would be an excellent choice to show it at as well, sadly because of Heaths death its probably the most anticipated summer flick. Not to mention its the sequel to a very good Batman reimagary. Besides I need to desperately see Alan as Snape again- he either will be in the trailer or he wont, but I think we all know that once they release a trailer that will open the flood gates to promo pics and other stuff.

Avatar Image says:

oopsie, sorry my computer was pulling a slow one on me and I got impatient.

Avatar Image says:

Hey guys… I read that the final release dates for the HBP movie have been confirmed. And by the look of it, it seems like here in Australia and New Zeland, is going to come out in the middle of December.

NOW, LC, can you confirm this? Because if that’s true I’m going to be very disappointed!!!

No trailer, no news, no photos…. and NOW THIS??? I mean, last here I went to the cinema 18 times for OOTP… and this is really frustrating! So if this is true, I’m going to start a CAMPAIGN to get the movie out at the same time as the rest of the world!!!! (And I’m actually wondering if anybody would help me) And if it doesn’t work, I swear I’m not going to spend any more money on it. I’m going to download the movie… or copy it from somewhere…. I don’t care…. because at this point I really don’t understand what they are playing at!!!

I mean, it’s a freaking month later!!!! And it’s not like it needs to be translated or anything!!!!

IT’S NOT FAIR!!!!

Avatar Image says:

It’s going to be on Dark Knight. It’s about the biggest WB movie of the year aside from HBP itself. Waiting longer than that just seems foolish.

Avatar Image says:

My husband is a big Batman fan, so we’ll be catching the trailer if it is indeed attached. So looking forward to it. We just listened to Jim Dale’s audio of HBP on a road trip last week. Getting ready!

Avatar Image says:

It’s been rumored for sometime now Emma got into cambridge. Congrats to her! she’s worked so hard for it.

Avatar Image says:

How are the casting Rod Hunt now when filming is supposed to be over?

One word: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Dark Knight, Dark Knight, Dark Knight! That`s all that has been keeping me going. Please, dear Lord, have the trailer in front of DK! Good gosh ….

I always said it’s shown before TDK…and I so hope that I’m right lol

And don’t complain that it’s only…what was it?? 18 days away??? we have to wait till August!!!!!!! argh….....so unfair – . -

Avatar Image says:

Yay Emma! You are such a wonderful role model for me and the rest of the girls in the world.

Avatar Image says:

Cool, Rod Hunt must be the large blonde death eater who is shooting off rapid-fire curses that are richocheting off the walls everywhere. That would be really cool if they did that in the film. He’s sort of like a curse machine gun.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome!!! That would mean the trailer comes out on my Birthday!! Cant wait!

Avatar Image says:

I think the reason the trailer has been taking SO long is because David Yates literally has too much on his plate right now! He’s in pre-production for BOTH Deathly Hollows movie, he is in the last phases of post-production for HBP. Its why these movies are spaced so far apart and things keep taking forever because he, essentially, has to do one thing before he starts another. This is why I wish they would have gotten a different direction for the last film, I mean we have over two years still, I’m sure the kids involved just want this to be over with already.

Avatar Image says:

‘Little V’ is cute, and a lot like what I’d imagined. Like kids at school who are sooo cute that no one can let them forget it, and some learn that they can get away with murder once they learn how to ‘work it’. Sound Slytherin? Very Voldemort!!

Avatar Image says:

TDK would be very appropriate since our dear Sirius (Gary Oldman) will be showing up as Commissioner (or whatever his rank is!) Gordon! : ) It has been beyond frustrating that they are so incredibly slow and stingy with information, and I sure hope they know they have some making up to do with the fans! I do have a good feeling about this rumor, though….

Avatar Image says:

Calm down, FraA…sometimes they release it a bit longer in other countries because of the companies that import the movies to each country. Just think about this: in Australia and New Zealand you get premieres sometimes (even HP ones!) while in other countries we get nothing. Just be patient, that’s what being a HP geek is about, right? :D

Avatar Image says:

Hero is sooo adorable. I though he was much younger than 11 i thought he was like 6 or something. I hope they make him look more evil which im sure they did already. But he should do well considering who his uncle is. Im sure he’ll pick up some tips on how to be evil.

Mwah ha ha ha!

Avatar Image says:

I think there is something in the computer system today, alot of posts were doubled and trippled, I thought I was the only one with problems. Someone did note on Snitchseeker that they hope they make Hero look alittle more evil looking which I guess I can agree with because hes so darn cute. I also hope that we can make a translation between the kid, the teen, and the adult Voldy, they should all look like they are the same person but at different ages. If you know what Im saying. Kind of like the teens and adults from the OOTP movie last year you could tell who they were going to turn into. I liked “little Alan” hee hee, oops mean Alec. Got the ” Half – Blood Prince” on my mind, so to speak,

Avatar Image says:

It HAS been a long time this time! OOTP preview premiered before Happy Feet in Nov 06 and the movie released here in July 07…9 months later. Honestly, I hate it when the previews come out too early. It’s like you’re being teased and the time goes so much slower before the movie actually comes out!

Avatar Image says:

I’m kind of glad we haven’t had much pub on HBP. With the last few films I felt like I’d already seen the movie by the time it came out. There were just too many pictures released imo. But I do agree that it’s time for the teaser trailer!

Avatar Image says:

OMG.I want the bloody trailer right now!

Congrats to Emma. I’m going to Uni myself, so I know how hard it is.

Little Voldy looks like an angel : ). so ironic.

Avatar Image says:

If that’s really true about the trailer, I hope I can go see it. I want to see Dark Knight anyway, but I’m usually not able to see movies I want to see because of my busy schedule

Avatar Image says:

I live in San Diego and Have tickets for Friday and Saturday for ComicCon. I’ll have to check at the WB booth and se whats up. I too think David Yates might be a bit overwhemed as the reason no trailer has been released. I wish they had found a better director for the last two movies. But I am keeping my fingers crossed he can manage it.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think it’s very fair to blame David Yates as to why there isn’t a teaser trailer out yet. By the sounds of it, one has been prepared for several months now. It’s just WB that is taking their sweet time and not releasing it. Then again, I can’t really blame them for wanting to wait until the Dark Knight is released- scores of people will get to see the trailer, then!

Avatar Image says:

Maybe the trailer is a little later then OOTP because the filming just ended last month. Give them a chance to get the clips they want in the trailer ready. It seems that HBP is on a tighter schedule then the other movies. I could be wrong but it seems that way to me

Avatar Image says:

stephanie, thank you. i’m sick of people blaming yates, too! it is unfair, especially when the vast majority of us don’t have any idea how the ins and outs of a major film production really works. a lot of people seem to think they do, but i guess that’s what happens on internet message boards…

i’m kind of sick of the lack of patience people exhibit, too! these same people will be complaining once everything is all said and done, and there’s nothing else to look forward to… they’ll be wishing they could be eagerly anticipating a new trailer… enjoy it while it’s here, guys: it’s almost over forever!

Avatar Image says:

I agree Joey. I’m sure its WB who want to wait to have the trailer before their biggest movie of the summer. That way more ppl will come!

Clip? Amsterdam?

Whoa.. what?

I’m Dutch and I didn’t even know this happened.. I must be very much asleep these days!

Avatar Image says:

Even if it does come out with TDK, there is a good chance that Australia won’t get it. In the lead up to OotP, I never saw the trailer or teaser once in cinemas and am not holding high hopes for it this time either.

I think we’ll have to wait until it comes online.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not going to see Dark Knight, but i’ll wait until it’s online, lol.

Avatar Image says:

I so hope this is true, based on the reports I saw it seems very credible. Only 18 more days (an eternity) but wait… aren’t the odds pretty good they will end up doing an early midnight release on, say, Wednesday the 16th??? Then it would only be 16 days! At this point any few random minutes I can deduct from the total wait time helps, LOL.

budb good to see you! We miss you in our corner. Very well said re: Emma versus the usual sad Hollywood teens. I agree totally. :)

COME ON TRAILER!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Lets keep our finger’s crossed and hope that this is true. We have been waiting so long for a trailer. 18 days isn’t that long to wait. I think it will come out before The Dark Knight because if it is and we know that then people will buy more tickets just to see the trailer for hbp or just to see the movie and that will brin the movie more money. What roll is Gary Oldman playing in that movie. And what does OOTP stand for/

Avatar Image says:

LemonFaerie, nice to see you as well! I’m back from “the great northern adventure”, which really was delightful (living on the beach, in Maine! all winter?), and slowly getting life in order again….

starfish, we often abbreviate titles of books and films, so OotP = Order of the Pheonix….

Avatar Image says:

starfish, Gary Oldman is playing Lt. James Gordon in The Dark Knight.

Avatar Image says:

I’m soooo excited about the trailer. I know it’s true because it makes perfect sense for them to put it in front of The Dark Knight! I can’t WAIT.

The actor that plays young Tom Riddle is sooooo cute. He looks like a little girl. but he has an edge to him, which leads me to believe he probably did an amazing job in HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, I really like Rupert Grint. He’s funny, a good actor, (and not half bad looking either! :]) but why in heaven’s name would he buy a friggin ice cream truck??? I mean, come on! He could buy a nice car, or like, a house, or donate his money to charity! But no. he buys an ice cream truck, which i’m pretty sure has no ice cream in it. What’s the point? Oh well, that’s his decision, not mine. I’m not even going to see the Batman movie. I hate those kinds of movies. They annoy me! (and it will be too hard to see Heath, and know that he’s dead! :[ Know what I’m sayin’?) If I want to see the trailer, that’s what youtube is for.

Avatar Image says:

The fact that The Dark Knight doesn’t come out for another 2 weeks kinda sucks though. I don’t know if I can wait that long. I really want to see the HBP trailer but I also really really want to see the new batman movie. It looks awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Dark Knight doesn’t need the extra help… I’d say Journey… or later.

Avatar Image says:

To bubd and miss, thanks for telling me what they are.

Avatar Image says:

I think I will go see Mama Mia (which is coming out the same day I think)because I hate Batman. I think I will sneek into Batman just to see the trailer and then go watch my chick flick and be happy.

Avatar Image says:

does anybody know what day they might show the Harry Potter montage is showing? im probably going on Sunday but I want to make sure I know which day it is so I can maybe go an extra day.

Avatar Image says:

EL 17 DE JULIO SE ESTRENA EN ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANTES QUE EN ESTADOS UNIDOS.

Avatar Image says:

This might sound stupid, but, what about before Hancock? It’s not a WB movie, but a big movie just the same. A possibility??

Avatar Image says:

the boy who is suposed to play voldemort in HBP is waaaaaaaaaaay to cute. oh, and at first i thaught he looked like a girl. lol. so i hope they cut his hair a bit and evil him up also. i no that tom riddle as a kid was suposed to be handsome but in my opinion he was suposed to be kinds freaky too.

i really do hope that the trailor for HBP comes out in front of DK . every one thinks it will so im getting my hopes up!

oh and good job on going to cambridge emma! you are and inspiration to people.wow you are also so much like hermione. :D

Avatar Image says:

damn my daughter just said the only way she would go see The Dark Knight is if i give her 20 dollars. I really need to make some grown up friends 7 year olds are so mean.

Avatar Image says:

Well eblack – I’d go with you if I knew where you lived. You’re being tongue in cheek about bringing a 7 year old to The Dark Knight – right? They’d probably have nightmares for months (at least both my 7 and 8 yr. old would) – totally not worth the $20.00!

Avatar Image says:

If they are gonna show a trailer so late, it better be a 3 minute long trailer, and not a 40 second one.

Avatar Image says:

Katie – there is ice cream in Rupert Grint’s ice cream van. He says it all the time that there is.

Avatar Image says:

A teaser trailer on July 18th? That is just ridiculous. It’s definitely the longest we’ve ever had to wait for a teaser. If a trailer does come out on that day, I really hope it’s a full one.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I’m done with my own previous impatience; I’m just feeling a little defeated, I guess. It is pretty much a given that WB put the HBP trailer before TDK, which is going to be a huge block-buster anyway (may not do as well as expected because of Heath Ledger’s death, but having the HBP trailer before it will bring more audiences).

My luck, I’ll probably end up getting scheduled to work all that weekend because of my impossible boss. :(

Avatar Image says:

i think that the trailer would come out during the dark night because they are both warner brothers movies

Avatar Image says:

Wow, what a ridiculously long wait for a 1 minute teaser trailer. If the WB is smart, it will release a full trailer (or at least one that is the length b/w a teaser and full one). Scores of HP fans will be outraged, if the trailer that they’ve been waiting for FOREVER, is anything less than spectacular. 17 days to go!!!

Avatar Image says:

Baby Tom Riddle actor looks adorable! Can’t wait to see him all evil’d up. Also @ FraA I’m also wodering when HBP is being released in Australia. I’ve seen a whole bunch of different dates. I’m really hoping it’s not december 11th though! That’s such a long wait. I don’t think I’m patient enough for that. And I also REALLY REALLY hope this trailor is being released with TDK. Cos that’s really soon and it will make me super duper happy to see it, we’ve waited so long!

Avatar Image says:

Well…while we’re waiting for the trailer…impatiently…Has anyone else noticed that WB haven’t even made an official poster nor an official website for the film?? I mean…have they forgotten about HP? We’re still here!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

It would be so great if the teaser trailer would be played before The Dark Knight. It would make that movie only better than it already is :-D

Avatar Image says:

“Hero Fiennes Tiffin”...I am SO jealous that my parents didn’t name me that. It’s such a cool name!

I can’t wait to see the trailer on July 18th!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

well batman will be a great movie, i hope it get better winth the HBP trailer…. not like th rumor that it will appear in get smart movie that i only would see for hbp and lucky of me i didn’t hav to…..

Avatar Image says:

Please, please let this be true!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Theory as to why (WB) have taken so long [or are TAKING so long] to release the teaser/trailer: Perhaps it is that they want the Teaser/Trailer, for HBP, to be on a movie that is SURE to be a “blockbuster” so they can reach a wider audience! JMO

Avatar Image says:

I’ve never gotten caught up in the Let’s-See-The-Trailer-NOW thing. I enjoy the films, but I just don’t care when the trailers are released. Something must be lacking in my DNA. LOL.

@ eblack, love your comment about your 7-year old. You have a very enterprising daughter! LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Much as I don’t usually like nepotism in any industry, I am pleased that they got a relative of Fiennes to play one of the young Tom Riddles. I think it will help continuity. And Tiffin actually looks plausible as a forerunner of Christian Coulson’s Tom as well!

I’m in two minds about HBP news. On the one hand I think it adds to the feeling of anticipation that I have about the film, because I have seen so little about it. On the other, November seems such a long way away and I am getting impatient!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! Hero looks so little!

Avatar Image says:

Is the filming for the Half Blood Prince finished??

Avatar Image says:

This had better be true! There have been so many trailer expectations in the past few weeks that it’s starting to get quite unnerving! But it seems pretty sesible since the two movis will have audiences with kind of similar interests.

And congrats to Emma! If she makes it to Cambridge, it’ll be a really big thing and I’m so happy for her! Also, I’m happy she’s not run off like other young starlets and is keeping a firm head on her shoulders and holding on to some genuine interests!

Avatar Image says:

It’s true. It will come out. This is not an rumor. The news was online! It’s not a rumor. It will come out, I promise.

Avatar Image says:

Been waiting all summer for the teaser trailer, and it’s surprizing to hear that it will actually come out.

It would make since though since both The Dark Knight and HBP are kind’ve dark films and are made by warner bros.

I want to see the Dark Knight, but now I can’t wait to see the HBP teaser trailer

Avatar Image says:

New Trailer Rumor and you’re not gonna like it… according to a different poster on mugglenet (or two, actually) who works at a theater, the trailer is scheduled to be in front of The Mummy, NOT Dark Knight. I really, really hope this is not true, a.) because I do not want to see The Mummy and b.) because I do NOT want to wait another two weeks past Dark Knight when I have been barely hanging on just to get to July 18. The first person, who posted about the trailer being in front of Dark Knight (which is where this rumor came from that is now all over the web, it did not come from WB) also claimed to work in a theater, as a manager of an IMAX, who said they’d been notified by WB to expect the trailer for Dark Knight and to leave enough room in front of it as they are “building” their presentation or whatever. I think I am going to have to start ignoring ALL these rumors until we hear from Wb themselves, because this is driving me crazy! The upshot of all this for now is: they’re all still just rumors. For all we know, it might not come out until September. And then I would have to hunt Wb down and hurt somebody. sigh

Avatar Image says:

I really hope it is with Dark Night! I have my tickets already in my wallet…. keep your fingers crossed!

hi http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2005175&l=d949e&id=1228123484