Empire “Half-Blood Prince” Preview includes Talk on Inferi, Greyback

112

Jul 03, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Well, the drought on new images from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is certainly over, as our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com now has scans from the August issue of Empire Magazine that includes even more new photos from the sixth Harry Potter film. Of interest is our first look at a helmeted Quidditch Keeper Ron Weasley (and be sure to look at the reaction on the faces of his friend Hermione, with Ginny and Harry dressed in their Gryffindor uniforms.) In addition, there is another photo of Jim Broadbent as Professor Horace Slughorn with Harry Potter.

The article contains new nuggets of information including a bit on the dreadful Fenrir Greyback, as well as the inferi in the movie, who Dan Radcliffe refers to by saying “They’re horrible,” shivers Radcliffe. “They made me think of bodies in concentration camps. It’s that terrible look of a body that’s wasted away, but not a skeleton. There are a couple of child Inferi too.” Please note the scans from the magazine at DR.com are rather large (but wonderful to enjoy!)

Thanks so much to DanRadcliffe.com!

46 Responses to Empire “Half-Blood Prince” Preview includes Talk on Inferi, Greyback

Avatar Image says:

Yay! So much HP news! And First Comment!!!

Avatar Image says:

All this outbreak of information makes me think the teaser trailer is only days away !

Avatar Image says:

This is so exciting! :) I can’t wait for the trailer!! The movie looks awesome already!

Avatar Image says:

Well, seeing a good picture of Slughorn I am slightly disappointed. He needs a mustache and he is not fat. But he still looks like a more Slughorn I imagined.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get over the fact that Rupert has his helmet on while everyone else sitting in the hall doesn’t. LoL. It reminds me of Garden State.

Avatar Image says:

Dan looks beautiful! And anyone else hearing the screams of r/e r/hr’s because Dan and Emma are sitting/standing side by side? Love these pictures- getting realy excited!

Avatar Image says:

ive never been in the top 10 comments before, which doesn’t matter because I’m too pumped about this freakin movie to care!!!!!!!!

I hope they do a good job on this film, which im sure they will.

Avatar Image says:

Lionpaws… i know what you mean… i’m not the kind of fan that want everything exactly like the books, but really… slughorn’s look was something i really wanted to see!! and… he looks like the prime minister…

ron is very cuteee!!

LOVE THEM!!!!! SOOO EXCITED!! xx

Avatar Image says:

I hope they do a good job on this film, which im sure they will.

LOVE THEM!!!!! SOOO EXCITED!! xx

Avatar Image says:

Yay! They basically nailed Sluggy (even though there’s no mustache…. :C ) This movie will be EPIC.

Avatar Image says:

I am absolutely … no words can even describe how I feel! I’m actually bursting into tears right now! I’ve waited so long for a just one glimpse of Rupert in Quidditch gear. OMG! How splendid! (: I love how Dan and Bonnie are sitting next to each other. * Can I say LOVEEEEEEE ?!!? :D

Avatar Image says:

Any time, lovely!Sue… I had to dash out of work to buy the magazine, and then get someone to work the insanely complicated scanner, that e-mailed me a .pdf…

Avatar Image says:

Radcakesfan, I try to be nice but your comments make it impossible. However I’m grateful you’ve shown me who the character of Noel from Frasier was based on. I look forward to reading about the restraining order Dan Radcliffe will undoubtably have placed on you in the coming years (I’m not a particular ‘fan’ of any of the trio by the way).
Back on topic – love the pics! keep them coming WB.

Avatar Image says:

Lol, Ron looks like Peter Cech (and Man.Utd. girl in me is not happy)! Am I only one who things that Sluggy is Fudge wanna be? Hey, but at least we’re getting news so I’m not complaining.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, but I do have to admit, I am disappointed with Slughorn’s look. :( He’s cute and dandy & all, but I wished they fattened him up more. It’d be more comical & brighter…..

Avatar Image says:

Radcakesfan, I try to be nice but your comments make it impossible. However I’m grateful to you for showing me who the character of Noel from Frasier was based on. I look forward to reading about the restraining order Dan Radcliffe will undoubtably have placed on you in the coming years (I’m not a fan of any particular actor by the way). Back on topic – Love the pics, keep them coming WB.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…..THAT IS ALL

Avatar Image says:

sorry scully but i dunno who yuou’re talking about lol! Also you don’t get around if you haven’t noticed those bitter beings- they could open your eyes. (oh wait, you’re not one of “them” are you lol?) Like really anyone cares, but they are so childish themselves ( for want of a better word). I Worse, they believe Emma should save herself for Rupert for god’s sake, like it’s real life oO. Trufax! i think it’s hilarious myself!

Avatar Image says:

I don’t believe it!!! More pictures? Yeah! I am so excited!!!! I think we are getting the trailer soon!!!

HARRY=MESSY HAIR!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think, since all of this is coming out, that the trailer MUST be soon. Like maybe Batman, that comes out on the 18. WHICH IS SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, I am so EXCITED!!!!

Avatar Image says:

There is so much here in this Empire article than what any teaser trailer will give! So much info and I am already getting a sense of the mood of the film. Cant wait to see it in November.

Avatar Image says:

dead bodies from the holocost? Interesting…..i’m glad their making the inferi as scary as possible. Becuase inferi can be S-C-A-R-Y!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t think my excitement level for this movie could get any higher, but these pics and the article are doing it! I love the details and the comments. The Inferi sound appropriately horrifying, I’m glad they took them seriously (especially since I was way less than thrilled with Yates’ interpretation of the Dementors, WHY didn’t he leave them the way they were in POA?) I am just so happy to finally be getting REAL news and am totally pumped for the trailer. This is a HAPPY day!!

Avatar Image says:

yay!!!! some news finaly!!!! It’s funny that yates said that the movie was “sex drugs and rock n’ roll”. i am really glad that this movie is much “darker” is not all they can say about it. my faverite part about hp is the character relashinsips and it would be nice to see more of that!! i have a good feeling…

Avatar Image says:

I agree about the Inferi. When I read about them in the book, I just thought “Eh, zombies. That’ll be boring to see.” But…these sound like really horrifying things. Yikes. Too little skin stretched across too many bones, concentration camps…definitely terrible images. Very good. That scene in the cave should scare the pants off us all. :)

Avatar Image says:

radcakesfan, you a Professional Riot Inciter by trade, or what? Professional Instigator, maybe? (If you don’t know, look ‘em up.)

Anyone see anything odd/strange/unusual/remarkable about the reactions of Hermione, Harry, and Ginny to Ron’s Quidditch gear? They’re just sitting there, looking at him seriously. I don’t see much beyond that. Anyone else?

Slughorn is maybe around 60% of what I thought he’d be like, but most of it is the feeling Broadbent puts across. To me, his looks are quite a bit off, but I tend to get attached to the character images in my head.

Avatar Image says:

Is Empire available in the US? or do we have to wait a month or so longer and get it somewhere like Border’s or Barnes & Noble that carries magazines from overseas? I HAVE GOT TO GET A COPY, PERHAPS TWO, OF THIS ISSUE!

Avatar Image says:

Dan and Bonnie look so well together, I love H/G! I guess that’s the house were Slughorn is hiding at the beggining. It’s not exactly how I pictured Slughorn would look, I miss a moustache. But on the other hand now I’m looking foward to see the Inferi!!

Avatar Image says:

The description of the inferi gave me goose bumps. Everything sounds amazing. the way they’re approaching the film now just gets me sooo excited. I really can’t wait to see what they’ve done with it. as long as it’s not too short then i’m going to love it!!

Slughorn looks awesome. Jim Broadbent is an amazing actor.

Avatar Image says:

oh my this looks like this is going to be my favourite movie of all time :)

Avatar Image says:

Loving the Quidditch shot of Ron, Harry and Ginny! Aww, Harry and Ginny are next to each other!

Avatar Image says:

i wish the romance side of HBP would be made real. no offence but i did not quite appreciate GOF cause i thought it was a perfect chance to make HAGRID famous even though i enjoyed it. i hope the director does not concerntrate only on Dan & Bonnie but Rupert & Emma as well when it comes to the romance & not forgetting the trailer & action part as well. TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING IS BAD !

Avatar Image says:

i really hope they’ll kiss tho’

omg!

Avatar Image says:

This may be late but I got to say something. The picture of Slughorn and Harry couldn’t that be when harry takes ron to go and see him. Because I can see slughorn holding a bottle of wine or the poisin meade stuff. But we can’t ron though he could be standing behind slughorn.

Avatar Image says:

But we can’t see ron though he could be standing behind slughorn.

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!! Harry (Dan) suddenly you look all grown up!!! Its like watching my 13 yr old this past 12 months…suddenly he is 7 ” taller than me and I think…can this be happening???

I can’t wait till the next film..funny thing about being an adult fan, you can see the changes/growth…and live them at the same time…Dan, Emma, Rupert et al…we live and see your growth, and it parallels our lives. Never think that your fan base is only your age!

Kick ass in the next movie…WE CRAVE MORE POTTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I totally agree Slughorn looks way different than i imagined him too. we needs a mustache and to be fatter.

Avatar Image says:

My cousin and I were just discussing Slughorn last night after I showed him the new pics on here. Its funny because we both said we had always imagined Slughorn as looking almost un-human because he was so large and well “slug-like” with his walrus mustache. Needless to say we were a bit disappointed by how unlike the Slughorn in the book(in our minds) they had made Jim Broadbent. I think because he looks so unlike the book version of Slughorn everything is going to count entirely on his acting, but Jim Broadbent is a brilliant actor so I think he might still be able to pull it off.

Avatar Image says:

fantasic im supper happy we get to see Quidditch in this movie and since they left out a whole bunch from the order of ther phoenix like them being prefects but i think this movies going to be the best icant wait

Avatar Image says:

that man looks nothing like slughorn!!!!!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment