Julie Walters Confirms Return as Molly Weasley for Both “Deathly Hallows” Films

120

Jul 03, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

The Times newspaper has a new interview online with Julie Walters, where the actress confirms her return in the role of Molly Weasley for both films of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. While promoting her new film “Mamma Mia,” which premiered recently in London (new photos of this event here in our image galleries), Julie Walter says that “I’m in them loads!” says Walters, and her eyes narrow. Then she does a new accent, which is basically herself, but evil. “I think I have to kill Helena Bonham Carter’ she says. Then she cackles again, like your favourite witchy aunt.

The article briefly mentions that Julie will of course be seen as Molly Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and notes that she speaks with affection of the trio, noting that one day Dan Radcliffe “she reckons, will probably end up directing.”

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in theaters November 21, 2008, with production on both film versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows set to begin in February of 2009.

31 Responses to Julie Walters Confirms Return as Molly Weasley for Both “Deathly Hallows” Films

Avatar Image says:

Awesome. =) I can`t wait for her line to come. Lol. :] I hope they put that in! I don`t care if it’s bad for young children, it needs to be put in! :D

Avatar Image says:

This is wonderful news. Ironically, I am watching her in “Billy Elliot” right now. Can’t wait!!

Avatar Image says:

big YAY for Julie. She’s one of the best brit actresses and she rocks like Molly!

Avatar Image says:

YES!!!! NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH! I can’t wait for 2010 and 2011! :)

Avatar Image says:

Go Molly!!!!! My favorite!

Avatar Image says:

well they let aunt marge say bitch (albeit she was referring to a dog) in prisoner of azkaban :p

Avatar Image says:

YAY, I love Molly! Can’t wait to see her take on (and take OUT) Bellatrix!!!

Avatar Image says:

NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH! hahaa xD That’s awesome, I can’t wait to see her in DH! She’s a great actress.

Avatar Image says:

I just hope they give up a trailer sooner for the last two movies!

Avatar Image says:

I still think the bitch line was a kind of bad call—I don’t think it’s in line with Molly Weasley or the tone of the books at all. It felt too much like it had been written for the movie, which bummed me out. That said, I’m sure Julie Walters will be fabulous as always.

Avatar Image says:

Hah!! She had to be there!! I can’t WAIT for DH Part-2!! GO MOLLY!!!

Avatar Image says:

This makes me sooooooo happy. Oh, man, I am quite excited for the two Deathly Hallows films…

Avatar Image says:

please oh please come to SARATOGA NEW YORK!!! BORDERS IN DOWNTWON SARATOGA BABE!!!!! You can stay at my house, we have one extra room, a basement and a tent for the backyard hehe=]

Avatar Image says:

Damn right, Mrs. Walters.

And pardon me, but I think “bitch” is the NICEST word to apply to Bellatrix – be it in the female dog sense or the other.

Avatar Image says:

I dissagree with Julie Walters..I think Dan will end up BOTH acting AND directing..and perhaps writing as well

Avatar Image says:

I agree with E, I wanted Neville Longbottom to be the one to take down the biotch bellatrix. And yeah, I think Dan will end up doing all of it. I can see producer in his sights too, easy.

Julie Walters killing Helena Bonham Carter? That’s like…my dream. <3

I’m not a Carter fan after OotP and Sweeney. and Julie has never disappointed me so…

Julie: 8 Helena: 0

Avatar Image says:

Julie Walters will do great, I am really glade she is getting more then yet anther bit role in the films. I love Molly, she is a great mom. And I can so hear Molly saying the B word under thoughs conditions, she just lost a son and she thought she might loss anther, her only girl. She is being motherly by protecting her kids.

Avatar Image says:

Of course she’ll return, even after all the cuts they’ve made to the story they couldn’t possibly not include Molly and Bellatrix’s battle. Firstly cos it’s so central to so many characters and second cos why the heck else would they need to split the story into two films if they’re going to cut stuff like that that’s so important?

Avatar Image says:

i don’t agree with walters.Dan will end up acting.julie walters’ favorite young actor’ rupert.alan rickman’ young actor’ daniel.and i trust alan rickman’ comments.because he is idol

Avatar Image says:

julie walters must support young hp actors.but i see she doesnt.i don’t agree with walters.i agree with alan rickman.Dan will end up acting.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait for Julie to say the famous line ‘NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH’.... great! She’ll ace it.

Avatar Image says:

I absolutly adore Julie Walters and Helena Bonham Carter so I canny wait for this scene (if they don’t miss it out like all of the other great ones)

cough Snape’s fight with Sirius cough

Avatar Image says:

I still think Neville should’ve takin out Bellatrix.

Avatar Image says:

Julie Walter’s is a great Molly Weasley.

Avatar Image says:

Go Molly! I also hope they show Dobby before his death I wish that hadn’t been cut. what about KREACHER rallying the Hogwarts house elves. Did we ever think Percy was going to turn back to his roots as well? When Iget theDVD I am going to wait til BOTH 7’S are avail at the same time.

Avatar Image says:

Damn right, Mrs. Walters.

Posted by Kristin on July 02, 2008 @ 11:25 PM

Re: HaHa so true.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Darcy about Neville fighting Belatrix,since there was more of a rage and revenge thing for what she did to his parents. But also, if you think about it, logically, Neville couldn’t take on Bellatrix, and i defendtly didn’t want nev. to die.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so glad Molly took out Bellatrix, Neville is too sweet a soul to be a killer. Molly did it for nessessity and cos she’s one hell of a woman. I’m glad Neville didn’t do it, I was worried he would and it wold corrupt him. The fact that Molly did it and he retained his innocence was a big deal to me. He may have kicked some butt in the battle but we never heard he killed anyone and I prefer the kids to have not killed (well except Harry, but he HAD to kill).

Avatar ImagecrazyforSeverus says: Julie Walters is the best for Molly Weasley. I loved her in the second and she was so good in the Half-Blood Prince when she was looking at the Burrow. Her expression made me want to cry. Can't wait for Molly in the 7th to kill Bellatrix. I love Julie's personality, she's so funny in this interview.

Write a Reply or Comment