Watch “Sorcerer’s Stone” Film Along with our Corner Booth Chat Today

124

Jul 05, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Starting at 1 pm EST today, our Corner Booth text chat will be hosting a special movie day with the viewing of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.” Join along with your fellow chatters in watching Harry’s first year at Hogwarts and have the opportunity to provide your very own text commentary of the film as you watch. Our Corner Booth is hosting this event in correlation with our Reading Groups, who are currently in the process of reading the first Harry Potter novel by J. K. Rowling. To find out the exact time the event will take place in various locations around the world, readers can click here. Be sure to grab a bowl of popcorn, some Skittles, and your “Sorcerer’s Stone” DVD and join us for a walk down Harry Potter movie memory lane with your fellow Corner Booth movie-goers!

See you at the movies!

27 Responses to Watch “Sorcerer’s Stone” Film Along with our Corner Booth Chat Today

Wow that sounds awesome!

But I think I may be out then… =( I will come along if I can though!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve done this before It was boring…

When is it 1 pm? its already 3 pm here in sweden :b

good point, SARA, I’m pretty sure its EST

Avatar Image says:

Wait, it says EST in the first sentence, my fault :S

Avatar Image says:

did anyone else notice that in the Deleted scenes for sorcerers stone they mention grindenwald??[sp?] Right before they read about Flamel, they read Dumbledores wizard card, and it mentions him. it gave me chills =P

Avatar Image says:

I thought Jo has asked for that silly name to be changed back to “Philospher’s Stone” ?

Is it still being called “Sorcerer’s Stone” in the US ?

Wierd …..

Avatar Image says:

Yes I noticed that too about mentioning grindewald. That was in the book. ABC family channel is showing all 4 HP movies. 130 EST USA is the 1st one. Then the 2nd, 3rd. Tomorrow all day is 2,3,4. Will be fun watching it and chatting here. I will be here. :)

Avatar Image says:

This is not work. I try to click and not open! My computer and internet connect are fine. This is something wrong, Mod….

Avatar Image says:

I’m having troubles in the opening here as well – the link doesn’t work

Avatar Image says:

I watched ‘Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone’ last night, which is my favorite ‘Harry Potter’ movie in the series, ‘Chamber Of Secrets’ being my second favorite, & It gave me chills! Everything in that movie is perfect! I mean, sure, they left out a few thing, but hey, it was the first movie! They put in the part where Harry catches the Golden Snitch in his mouth…& In the deleted scenes, they mention Grindenwald! (Sigh) I wish all the movies were that good…

Avatar Image says:

LOL Pokemon fans: JK Rowling is Arceus (God): http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk188/Chaos-Stev-0/16thRequest.jpg

Also, I watched OOTP last nite, it was great. The only things that really pissed me off were: Levicorpus being used a year before it’s introduced in the series, the prophecy being shortened (possibly to make the moviegoers who didn’t read the books understand the prophecy a bit better), and very little Kreacher. I still like OoTP, but PoA is the best one. Easily.

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if or how we can purchase the extended film versions that show the deleted scenes on abc family? Does anyone know? Sorry if this has been answered before—-

Avatar Image says:

@ Ablerman: The 2-disc DVDs have the deleted scenes. I know this because I own SS, CoS, PoA, and OOTP on DVD and they all have deleted scenes. The GoF deleted scenes suck, IMO. More time to see Radiohead, Snape on ’’carriage duty,’’ and lots of unnecessary stuff involving Hagrid stabbing Music Teacher Elf (I refuse to call him Flitwick) with a fork.

abierman,

Good question.

I saw the ABC family version of Chamber of Secrets when in the USA last year and asked exactly the same question.

They should always have done what the Lord of the Rings people did and release BOTH cinema and extended DVDs for the fans.

DeathlyH…

The 2 disc dvd’s don’t have the deleted scenes as part of the movie the way the movies are shown on the ABC Family channel. They’re separate.

Avatar Image says:

sorry for the double post…

i thought i only clicked once

Avatar Image says:

there’s photos of half blood prince action figures!!

harry, ginny and draco.

Avatar Image says:

i always love watching the movies on TV even though i have them all on DVD’s. i just wish that on the DVD’s you could have the option of playing the deleted scenes along with the movie instead of having to go back to the bonus features to watch them.

Avatar Image says:

OMG, WAHOO I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR ONE OF THESE AGIAN! i have now worked it out – at 1pm over there, it will be 5am here in Melbourne, Australia! i am going to put on my alarm for 4:30am get up set up my computer and make popcorn! jumps around room excited

once agian WAHOO

Avatar Image says:

Its come and gone hasn’t it. Dissapointed i missed it.

Avatar Image says:

it’s not working for me :( i’m clicking on it but it says “page cannot be found”

Avatar Image says:

Boo. ABC Family is not showing the extended version of Goblet of Fire. Why? I don’t understand.

Avatar Image says:

I agree with M Jones. “Sorcerer’s Stone” is a stupid title. A philosopher’s stone really features in alchemy legend. The book’s called PS everywhere else & readers manage to understand it. Also, I couldn’t believe that early US versions of the earlier books had the Weasley kids called Mrs W “Mom”! What’s that all about?! I sincerely hope that’s changed for the better.

Jeez, you guys ….

Avatar Image says:

Mum has never made sense to me. Mom is short for Mother, not Muther and American kids would think it’s a typo like I did when I first discovered the way English kids say mom. That change makes perfect sense.

Avatar Image says:

I always enjoy watching the first two [2] Harry Potter movies, the added scenes are great. I wish Columbus could have directed all of the Harry Potter movies, as he stuck to the books. As in my view all of the other directors should have done the same, but. So I agree with Jesse, as the first two movies were the best, #1 is my favorite. My rankings of the movies are 1-2-4-3-5 so far, I am praying 6 & 7A and 7B will be great movies but….........

Avatar Image says:

Bleah. I fully disagree. PoA, GoF, and OotP were far and away the best of the films, and IMO, Chris Columbus is a hack. There’s more to making a good movie than following the source material note-for-note.

I don’t think there’s been a more powerful scene yet in the movies than when Harry returned with Cedric’s body at the end of Goblet…

Write a Reply or Comment