Better (and One New) High Res Photos of Quidditch Ron, Draco Malfoy

114

Jul 07, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Last week we saw a slew of new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, including some that had been released to MSN Mexico and other international outlets. Today, Warner Bros has sent us larger high res versions of a few, including this of Quidditch Keeper Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint), a photo of a brooding Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton), and this photo that shows Professor McGonagall (Dame Maggie Smith) in Dumbledore’s office, with Harry holding a wand, possibly the Elder wand?

UPDATE Lovely additional high res photos seen in Empire magazine are now available to us, including a new one of Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, sitting in the Burrow (pastries in hand no less) with director David Yates, with Dan Radcliffe as Harry and Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley. Other high res photos include another fun look at Qudditch Ron at breakfast in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, a reflecting Harry Potter, and a full on photo of actor Jim Broadbent as Professor Slughorn in the office with Harry.

Thanks WB!

77 Responses to Better (and One New) High Res Photos of Quidditch Ron, Draco Malfoy

Avatar Image says:

Them are Sweet! FIRST COMMENT TO!

Avatar Image says:

These are great, but I am greedy, I want more NEW pics, not better versions of ones we have already seen. And a TRAILER!!!! Come on WB!!! Trailer trailer trailer! Even NEWS of the trailer, like, I don’t know, a confirmation of which film it will premiere in front of… something? Anything??? PLEASE?????

Avatar Image says:

I love the one of Draco! I know this isn’t a big deal, but I love the way his foot is turned in….it is weird that I would notice that, but I just love how he is sitting..it makes him seem almost more childlike, which is good because his face and body are more manly! :)

Avatar Image says:

can’t wait for the new pics!

Avatar Image says:

awesome! Ron looks genuinely concerned though! lol… i wonder if that is the elder wand? but then why would it be? harry wouldn’t know about it at that point right? maybe its just an emotional moment or something and then in the DH movie harry is going to realize he had the wand in his hand when he was in Dd’s office a year ago crying all over the desk and all….oooooooo 1 question: when are we getting the trailer again? i’m going insane…i’ve been checking this site at least 5 times a day to see if there’s anything on the trailer and so far so bad :(

SQUEEEE!!

This is all so exciting xD

I really can’t wait until the trailer now!

Avatar Image says:

Tom’s feet are huge o.o LULZ @ Ron’s “bloody hell, i’m gonna screw up =S” and w00t! POAhair!Harry He looks kinda old now ._.

Avatar Image says:

Excellent photos. I wonder what the logic is behind the numbering on the Quidditch jerseys. Ron is 2, but so are two other players behind him. Could 2 be the number for keepers? If so, are those two other (girl) players backup keepers? Doesn’t seem to make sense.

I wonder what’s in the bowl on Dumbledore’s desk…looks a bit like potato chips (crisps). hee hee!

Avatar Image says:

Those Quidditch unis are UUUUUGLY!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, poor Rupert in that helmet. They didn’t put Oliver Wood in one in previous movies!

Avatar Image says:

That is the Elder Wand! Thats the wand that Dumbledore had in the movies, or at least Gambon. I wonder what this means… Maybe Harry just sees the Wand before they put it in the thing…

Avatar Image says:

I think Draco looks the best he has looked this time. I really like his hair for this movie. He is becoming my new favorite because I really want Jo to explain to us how he is at the platfrom at the end of DH with a child about the same age as the others and how did he get away with his role as a death eather and what does the nod between Harry and Ron to Draco means if anything.

Ok sorry for just rambling on here but I just been thinking alot about Draco’s 19 year span a lot and I hope Jo goes into it if she ever writes her book.. Anyway, All the photos are great I hope the trailer is here soon and the updated HBP/WB website and the posters etc….

YAYYY. :D

Avatar Image says:

awesome! this makes the reality that the movie is coming hit you! wow! i commented in the last post that i thought it was the elder wand.

Avatar Image says:

So which one’s the new one? (confused)

Avatar Image says:

What’s the new one? I cannot see ….... But I think it’s already posted up on Snitchseeker .

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if that means they’re going to setup the Deathly Hallows in this film. It might even give the illusion that Jo actually planned it out.

Avatar Image says:

Yay. I’m so very excited for the film. Thank you Warner Bros.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, yeah, I’ve seen those at SnitchSeeker. But anyway, I didn’t know Rupert was holding pastries! That is so hot! Lmao. :) I bet he’s going to interrupt Harry & Ginny by sitting in between them. Oh yay! I can’t friggen wait for this movie! =D

Avatar Image says:

Draco’s trousers are pulled up. lmao. When is that? plus that staircase looks like it leads nowhere… unless it veers to the left. Anyway. I love that we have emo Malfoy. This pic just fits his whole role in HBP. awesome !!!

great pic!

Avatar Image says:

I was wondering why we didn’t get larger, high res versions of these 2 pics…

Avatar Image says:

what elder wand?...elder wand is DH…

Avatar Image says:

Ugh, even in a still photo, you can see Emma overacting.

Avatar Image says:

Freakin awesome!! Draco is soooo hot. Ron’s helmet looks hilarious…haha I want the trailer now though….

Avatar Image says:

Good Lord, Tom/Draco’s feet are freakishly large. I don’t personally find Tom at all attractive, but that should be something for his fans to squee about. You know what they say about guys with big feet…

Avatar Image says:

Saria! I totally did not make that connection lawl.

X

Avatar Image says:

... what the heck!? its not showing the entire news! when u click it it doesnt show the update

Avatar Image says:

Is this another have to post to read the comments thing? I don’t see any of them.

Avatar Image says:

When you click on “Continued…”, ahem, it’s not continued.

Avatar Image says:

I was having the same problem with viewing the updates and the comments. I went to the address bar and added a slash ( / ) at the end of the website address, hit enter, and suddenly I could see everything just fine. Don’t ask me why that worked, but that’s what happened. ::shrug::

Of course, if you can’t see the comments, you won’t be able to see this post anyway, so… good luck, I guess. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

TRAILER????? Where is a trailer???? I want a trailer and i want it NOW!

yay!!!

Avatar Image says:

i love all these pics.! But the one with ron in his quidditch outfit made me laugh so hard…sorry but the helmet and all that gear made him look ridiculous! Don’t take me the wrong way, i love how ron looks, its just that i can’t help but giggle.

Avatar Image says:

“Possibly” the Elder wand? When I saw that photo the other day, the first thing I did was look in one of those “Noble Collections” catalogues that come with the DVDs, to double-check that it was Dumbledore’s wand. It is.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, I really don’t get all the squeeing and swooning over Ron/Rupert in the Quidditch gear. He doesn’t look sexy. He looks absurd. The helmet is beyond ridiculous, and Rupert doesn’t carry it off well.

Honestly, as someone who likes Ron, I’m really rather annoyed by the Quidditch pics, because it appears that they’ve gone out of their way to make Ron look clownish. Again.

Avatar Image says:

Slughorn should be way portly-er

Avatar Image says:

LOL the picture of Ron sitting between Harry and Ginny is PRICELESS. I bet he interrupts a moment between them.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think the quidditch gear is the most gracefull sight I’ve ever seen… but I didn’t think it made Ron look clownish, like Ashley said. They are truly ugly… but it didn’t passed on it’s raw ugliness to Ruppert. He does look a bit clownish on that “affected by love potion” pic…. but that was perfect!! Loved that one!!

On another topic, can anyone read what is written on the side of the book in Dumbledore’s office, in that pic with Harry and Minerva “What’s the matter Harry” Mcgonagall??

I sense a trailer is coming… (dramatic music)

@ Thio:

I didn’t mean to insult Rupert, and I certainly didn’t mean to call him ugly! However, after re-reading my comment, I can see how I gave that impression, so I’m sorry for that.

I do think Rupert looks utterly ridiculous in the Quidditch gear. But then, I think anyone would look ridiculous in that stupid helmet. I guess it wouldn’t bug me so much if all the players had to wear the helmet, but since it’s only Ron, it does bug me. I just wish they weren’t always making him look silly in comparison to everyone else. I miss the Ron we saw in OotP. :(

Avatar Image says:

Quidditch Ron has to be the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen in the Harry Potter movies, perhaps with the exception of Luna and her Spectrespecs.

Avatar Image says:

The ‘pastries’ are Mince Pies btw. Very Festive. I like how Ron looks for Quidditch. It fits I think with the way he was about joining the team.

Avatar Image says:

Hey Ashley! Don’t need to be sorry… I didn’t get the feeling you were calling him ugly. And to be honest it wouldn’t have affected me much if you did. =p

That must be the keeper helmet… which should explain why he is the only one with it. Maybe there aren’t other keepers in this pic… I don’t know. But don’t go missing OotP Ron so fast… we didn’t see the movie yet. Can’t pass judgment before the movie is out… until then we can only guess, which is fun to do. =D

Ps: In that pic with Harry and Mcgonagall, assuming that the wand in Harry’s hand is the welder wand, does it mean it won’t be buried along with Dumbledore? Oo

Avatar Image says:

I love it!!! These pics are amazing! I can’t wait any longer, hehe.. About the photo a Harry and McGonagall, I think that Harry’s clearly holding Dumbledore’s wand! I don’t know… Thanks for the pics, again..

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Lucy. Quidditch!Ron = damn funny.

I mean, I do feel badly for his hardcore fans who were hoping for some superhawt, devastatingly sexy Quidditch!Ron pics (although a lot of them seem to be drooling over him anyway, so…). But for myself, I’m just endlessly amused by Ron and his goofy Quidditch duds. That helmet, LOL. It reminds me of pictures of American football players in the 1920s. You know, pictures like this: http://media.wsbt.com/images/ben%20kane.JPG

Heh. Oh, the lulz.

(Disclaimer: I like Ron. Please don’t hurt me.)

Avatar Image says:

In the photo of Harry and Mcgonigal in Dumbledores office, he is holding Dumbledores wand, which is in fact the elder wand. So the awnser to the question in the article is yes, it is the elder wand that he is holding.

Avatar Image says:

@Thio: I was looking at that book too, and all I can make out is “(something) Trading Co. Ltd.” I might be wrong, but that’s what the end looked like to me at least.

I think they might have put Ron in that silly helmet to emphasize his awkwardness and self consciousness at playing Quidditch.

Also I like how Slughorn looks but I really REALLY miss his walrus mustache!

Avatar Image says:

The walrus mustache would have been brilliant, I agree, but I like Jim Broadbent so much that I’m not too fussed. Judging by the expressions on his face in these pics, he seems to have nailed the goofy, slightly caricaturish blowhard that Slughorn is, so I approve.

Avatar Image says:

does anyone think that picture of harry holding the wand is after DD’s death?

I’ve looked at the photo a few times and it never made sense until then…

Avatar Image says:

Yeah! I thought of that too Luce! So either they are not going to let Dumbledore be buried with his wand or Harry is going to throw it in there after this pic’s scene.

Avatar Image says:

I approve too, I think he’s going to be great as Slughorn! And LOL I just clicked on your pic of the American football player’s helmet from a few posts ago – that is hilarious, I had never seen one of those before!

I have no doubt that that is the Elder Wand :]]]]]]]]]]]

Avatar Image says:

that is the elder wand (not that harry knows that). He recovers it (or it is recovered) and it is placed in DD’s hands in his tomb)

Avatar Image says:

the scene appears to be the same night as DD’s death. This is when Minerva brings harry to the meeting in DD’s office, before the others get there. DD doesnt have a tomb to put his body in at this point, much less wand.

Avatar Image says:

i thought slughorn was supposed to have a mustache

Avatar Image says:

Actually, Ron is holding a plate of mince pies not pastries. Mince pies are a tradition at Christmas in Britain. (and they are lovely!)

Avatar Image says:

RE: RON”S COSTUME: I think the quidditch gear is supposed to be ridiculous. Ron’s nervousness about quidditch IS humorous in the books, after all. Perhaps the gear helps to demonstrate that Ron is overthinking, or perhaps Molly made him wear it? Ridiculously adorable, and a good use of costume design.

Avatar Image says:

yay…high res photos! oooo…Rupert is now sitting between Dan and Bonnie. cool! I think its time for teaser trailer!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG,so many pictures all at once. The one Dan and Bonnie in conversation with David Yates is too good. THANKS W.B AND LEAKY

Avatar Image says:

Slughorn is supposed to be enormously fat. Also, that one shot of Dan looks like it was taken in what is supposed to be the mens toilet.

Avatar Image says:

A few things. Ron looks nervous in the quidditch scene. Could that possibly be McLaggeon in the background. Like everyone said Draco’s feet kind of does look big. No offense Draco (Tom) and the pants that he wears looks like there highwaters on him. The burrow picture with Harry Ron Ginny and David Yates has to be the Christmas scene with the added scene. The picture with ron wearing the helmet can anyone else tell me if they see a mustache on him. I think I can see one. It looks like hermione is holding the daily prophet. The girl sitting next to Ginny I think is Katie Bell. The other two girls sitting one seat away from Ron could one of those girls be Romilda Vane because she has black curly hair. I think Ron his trying to represent his team by wearing the helmet and that he doesn’t want to get hurt and that he is glad he’s on the team anyway. Yes who ever mentioned the numbers on the quidditch team I think they are the same because of the position they are trying out for. The last photo with Slughorn and Harry I think we all know that that’s the scene were Ron gets poisioned because you can see Slughorn holding a bottle of wine and you can see to glasses. One for Harry and one for Ron. Yes Slughorn does not match the descreption of the character. Does anyone else think there is something wrong with his nose. It kind of looks weird.

Avatar Image says:

In the last picture we can’t see ron. So ron could be behind slughorn in that picture. In the one with harry and mcgonagall doesn’t look like harry was or is crying in that picture?

Avatar Image says:

OMG these are great, please WB stop teasing everyone and show us the trailer. also the makes me even more exited for the film hurry up please ::):):)):):):):):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Finally! And pics of Draco! I really love his storyline and I’m hoping that they do justice to that part. I don’t know, without Moaning Myrtle…

Avatar Image says:

they never weasr their hogwarts robes, theyre supposed to though, muggles clothes 24-’’’???

Avatar Image says:

I thought Slughorn had a mustache? Then where is it? On the photo he seems a bit too tall and too skinny (for Slughorn at least). And yes indeed, it is the Elder Wand. If you enlarge the photo at maximum, you’ll see that it’s Dumbledore’s wand, so the Elder Wand. A bit rare. I wonder how they gonna fit it in DH film

Avatar Image says:

I have a feeling Kloves/Yates have shown Harry looking at DD’s wand so the audience gets a certain feeling that there’s something important about it. Then in DH it won’t seem like the wand has come from nowhere. Maybe Harry will say ‘what happens to his wand?’ and McGonagall says it will be buried with him.

Avatar Image says:

By the way, I can’t believe there’s no funeral scene!! Perhaps they will open DH with it? Maybe they could have a wake for Dumbledore replace the wedding and we get people talking about Rita’s book and also introduce the Hallows early on. THEN we go to the Dursleys.

Avatar Image says:

Did you look at Dan sitting with Bonnie and David Yates. His hair!!!!!!!!!! Oh, you can’t stop looking at him. And Bonnie looks truly gogeous, beautiful, amazing, superb…........

Avatar Image says:

I’ve just been looking through them all, and I don’t get who the man in the Burrow Christmas shot is. It’s not Arthur, and I can’t remember anyone other than Lupin showing up for Christmas that year… Anyone?

Avatar Image says:

Note to self: Read all the comments before posting…

Thanks shivi and Sanjula for pointing put that it is in fact David Yates. (They look like they’re really listening intenly!) Great!

Avatar Image says:

OMG they are so grown up :) im so excited about HBP SO ME THE TRAILER NOW :) Good job guys

Avatar Image says:

Draco’s shoes are ugly ugly UGLY.

Avatar Image says:

LUV rupert grint so MUCH!!! can not wait for his cool acting on HBP film…

Avatar Image says:

I do like these photos of young Mr. Potter i do want to get on with another term this year.

posted by Sehverus Snape,