Rumor: “Deathly Hallows” Movies to Split at Return of Ron Weasley?

116

Jul 07, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Thanks to Megan from Magical Menagerie who let us know that she has preview scans of the new issue of Movie Magic magazine which contains a large feature on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. While she is unable to post very many scans at this time, there are a few online of the interviews from Tom Felton, Emma Watson, Dan Radcliffe, producer David Barron, costume designer Jany Temime among others. Of note is this partial scan of an interview with production designer Stuart Craig who addresses the splitting point of the two movies due of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.” He very clearly says that at the point of the interview, he does NOT have a script to the films and does not know for certain, but says that he “heard it suggested that first film ends with the return of Ron Weasley. Ron has a falling out with Harry and leaves his friends, so his return is an emotional high. I guess that could provide a very satisfactory ending. I don’t know if Steve Kloves, the writer, agrees, but we’ll find out when we receive that first script.” Mr. Stuart also goes on to describe his work designing sets for the sixth Harry Potter film, specifically regarding the cave. The article cites Stuart Craig as saying they “only physically built two tiny little parts of it and the rest is a computer generated set, but for that we needed a small-scale model, a huge-scale model and as I said, a small physical part of it.”

The July issue of Movie Magic is on newsstands now.

107 Responses to Rumor: “Deathly Hallows” Movies to Split at Return of Ron Weasley?

wow…..i hope its true…

Avatar Image says:

ahhhhhhh, yay, information, i love it!! XD

Avatar Image says:

yay!! i really hope it’s true. i think that would be a good place to split.

Avatar Image says:

yay! i think this would be a good place to split it.

Avatar Image says:

It does seem like the most logical place to make the break. WB will most likely ‘soup it up’ a bit to tease those few who haven’t read the books.

Like after the horcrux gives Ron all those lurid inuendos about Harry and Hermione, we fade to black as Ron furiously swings Gryffindor’s Sword …at …

at What?  Tune in for the next installment!

‘Twill be fun to see what they do.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

That seems like a good spot, though a bit early possibly, I was thinking it might be more likely after escaping from Xeno Lovegood’s. That allows for plenty of canon in the first part and also plenty of time to devote to the battle at Hogwarts in the second half, as well as all the other important things leading up to it. Hmm…

I will take any info we can get, but I so wish they would give us the HBP trailer before we get too carried away worrying about the NEXT movie(s). That is going to be cruel and unusual punishment, having to wait a full two years between releases and nearly three years before we get the final installment. I don’t know how we are going to survive that, just waiting for HBP has been torture!

Avatar Image says:

Nooo I don’t think the film should end there! I think that would cause too many people to hate Ron for MONTHS before the next part is released. I know what he did was really bad but he did try to come back soon afterwards so I think a split in this place would give lots of people the wrong impression :(

Ah well, news is news I guess xD

Avatar Image says:

why am i not surprised about the decision on cutting the film at Ron’s return? it makes way too perfect sense and well would keep us all on our toes between the months of release.

Avatar Image says:

Kloves probably just wants them to have a huge mushy hug, he’s obsessed with sentamentality (hence the vomit-fest of the previous endings).

Avatar Image says:

With the news that they have added scenes to HBP only hinted at in the book to action up the movie. I would not be surprised to find that the two DH movies will add scenes from what’s happening at Hogwarts and at the Burrow.

Avatar Image says:

Mugglequeen, they said it would end with the RETURN of Ron, not him deserting Harry and Hermione. So it wouldn’t be a downer but rather intended to be upbeat and joyful.

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s a good place for the split. Rons behavior is understandable at that point. Hermione always has unwavering faith in Harry, while she guides him with her logic. While Ron is more emotionally unstable to begin with. Too be honest I was wondering myself at that point why Harry was floating around the woods in DH….I kind of agreed with Ron, shamful, I know....I guess I wanted more DE and Order encounters.

Avatar Image says:

Nice…there seems to be no new pics or few new interviews from HBP in it…just a summation of what we already know :/

Avatar Image says:

If the movie ends there I don’t know how people can understand the title, since we first hear of the Deathly Hallows from Xeno Lovegood…

Avatar Image says:

NOOO!!! This isn’t right at all!!!!!!!! Part I should have ended at Shell Cottage…it would been a conclusive ending after a very climactic scene. Than Part II would have started off with Gringotts and we could have almost an entire movie devoted to the finale. ARGH! But maybe I should shut my trap…I’m just glad their making DH 2 movies!

Avatar Image says:

Interesting choice, and could be done a number of ways.

Avatar Image says:

Cool. I`m pretty sure that wherever it ends, the movie will still be great. :) I`m not really worried about where the first movie will end.

Avatar Image says:

I definatly agree with Gandalfxj9. I wanted to see it end at the Shell Cottage cuz that would make for an awesome and drama filled ending. Poor Dobby… :(

Avatar Image says:

I agree with Gandalfxj9. Since I know they’re going to make 2 DH films I’m hoping they’ll cut at Shell Cottage, right after Dobby’s death. It is in my opinion the most crucial part of the book/films, its turning point, when Harry decides to let go of the Hallows and finally hunt down the Horcruxes. It would make a great ending to the first film, because they kind of start all over after that. And there is so much to put in the finale that an entire film devoted to it would just be amazing.

And LoonyLucy is right, too. We never learn about the DH before the encounter with Xeno, so the title is never going to be explained… unless they make Hermione explain it randomly as if she always knew of their existence. sigh

Avatar Image says:

but then again this is just a rumor so i will keep faith…

Avatar Image says:

Shell Cottage, yes. It definitely fits with the emotional tone of the endings to the other films. Besides – I want an EPIC Battle of Hogwarts. GO ALL-OUT, PEOPLE.

Totally agree with Germain, esp. about Hermione. Lol.

Avatar Image says:

Ending the first film with Ron leaving wouldn’t be bad either…I’m picturing their crestfallen faces and sad slow end music…

If it ends with Ron returning, I just hope it isn’t too soppy.

Avatar Image says:

I think this will be a great place to end it. But the comment before about the title not being explained until they go to Xeno’s. I think a lot will depend on if they want to end it on a happy note or a suspenseful note to keep you wanting more to bring you back for the next one. It will also depend on (and I think they shld) devote most of the seconce one to the battle of Hogwarts. I personally think I will be happy with whereever they split it, as long as they do the battle justice….it shld be a big chunk of the last movie…....

Avatar Image says:

Good point, LoonyLucy. I agree, the title of the movie won’t even make sense if we don’t know about the Hallows. I hope they don’t have someone else explain them though. I really liked it when they were almost caught @ Xeno’s house …. :]

Avatar Image says:

sorry, meant to say that the title not being explained till they go to Xeno’s would be a logical choice to end it so the title is explained. I just really hope they don’t have Hermione “know” all about the Hallows. I love the fact that in the last book she really doesn’t know any more than Harry and Ron.

Avatar Image says:

That is the exact part I guessed they would split it at when I first heard they were going to split DH in two. I mean it’s the most logical point for many reasons. Personally I don’t think any part of the book is the perfect spot and meant for the story to split at, but ron’s return makes the most sense due to its position in the overall story. Its the closest part to being directly in the middle of the book that there is. I mean it gives you a little climax with Harry almost drowning and Ron returning to save him and destory the horcrux, and yet it wraps up nice and clean enough to split the story. But lets face it, no matter where they split it or how well they do it, we will still go totally insane waiting for Part II.

Avatar Image says:

hmmm. actually, for dramatic reasons, making the split on Christmas Day, when Harry comes to in the tent after escaping Voldy and learns his wand is broken, makes more sense…but, hey, as long as the movie gets done, will any of us really care?

Avatar Image says:

I think this ending would make sense. Ron would be back, one Horcrux would be destroyed… sounds good to me

But can we please have a HBP Trailer?!!

Avatar Image says:

I guess that’s an okay place to split it. But how does that leave us hanging?

Avatar Image says:

I know it’s rumor for now, if this is true, then it’s EXACTLY where I thought the split should be.

I’ll be in the theatre all emotional and screaming “Why Ron, Why?!?

I’m going to have to be dragged out because my heart will be broken and I’ll have to wait MONTHS for the Silver Doe!!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, at the RETURN of Ron, I don’t have to wait, YES!!!!

Ron is my hero!!!!

Weasley is my King!!! Woot-Woot!!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry with the triple post and I’ll go.

I still think (as much as it would pain me to wait) to begin the next movie with the silver doe. shrugs

Avatar Image says:

I think it would be a perfect ending with Ron’s return it would make sense but if the writers want it to be a cliff hanger it could be cut when Ron leaves. Personally I think it should be after the Silver Doe chapter but whatever they decide it will be well thought out and planned . Just keep to the book will you and leave out only minor detail this time.

Avatar Image says:

Yahoo. That’s where Melissa said it ought to be split. It’s at the midway point of the novel, it provides an upbeat ending after the tragic climax at Godric’s Hollow, and, with the silver doe, the locket and the story of the deluminator, it would be very cinematic.

Avatar Image says:

Well that is where we thought it would be split, although that means that they might have to alter parts of it, which i dn’t really want

Avatar Image says:

Nooooooo!!! Too early!!! I want as much time as possible devoted to the battle, and the Snape pensieve scene, and the King’s Cross Scene, and the final showdown…. Please, NOTHING of that can be cut… Please! panics

Avatar Image says:

wow crystal caves? that would be very cool if they had some influence on the horcrux hideaway :)

Avatar Image says:

Sounds good to me…I’m so uber-excited that DH is two movies! They’ll probably be the best HP movies in the whole series! Even if they left out a LOT that’s leading up to the finale. T_T

Avatar Image says:

I think that people forget that the whole scene at Godric’s Hallow happened without Ron there. For me that was the one place in ten years I was mentally begging for JKR to explore more. I was sobbing when they saw the glamoured house and the graffiti, since it was such a bittersweet moment. Then after all that he meets the Snake lady and his wand gets broken. Those moments were huge in the book. Finally, I could live with the split, since it is also the appearance of the silver doe and the illiterate folk out there can be wondering, “Who sent that silver thingy out in the woods in the middle of winter?”

No matter where they choose to split it, people would be unhappy. I can understand and respect their choice as artist and storytellers and I think that other should follow suit. However, if they wanted to make all DH from Lucious’ (read: Jason Isaacs) POV, I think it would be brillant!

Avatar Image says:

At this point I honestly don’t care as long as they do both parts well and at least they do the last of the books justice in the films! Don’t change characters around, don’t take out things and add stupid made up scenes… if they made the wrong choice to leave Peeves out of the films don’t use other characters like Ron, Filch, etc for comic relief and make them be what they aren’t. Just make the films great, make the battle scene EPIC and leave us satisfied and with some closure. Then I can die happy.

Avatar Image says:

That would be THE perfect place to end the first film [DH I ] it would be on a high note.Then in DH II they could continue thier journey ….with Ron back where he should be….........hope he is right!

Avatar Image says:

i hope this isnt true! i want it 2 be split like right before malfoy manor or when they escape from the lovegood house. i dont like it

Avatar Image says:

This is way too early in the book. They should give themselves more time to do the Battle of Hogwarts really well, as well as the Epilogue. So, I hope that this is a false rumor.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they don’t do it then! That would be awful!

I would like it to end at either the part where Mr. Lovegood goes, “You mean the Deathly Hallows?”

OR

When the DE’s catch Harry, Ron, and Hermione and they are going through the gates of the Malfoy Manor.

Either would add suspense. And really, Ron coming back is great but ending it at the scene where Hermione is hitting him would be stupid.

Maybe if they ended it right after Ron killed the Horcrux and he says something like, “Woah.” Then credits. I think it would be fine. But ending at Hermione’s reaction or even beginning the second part with it would not be good.

Avatar Image says:

hope it’s true..i thought so too..or at least wanted it to end the 1st part in tht scene..cuz it’ll be marvelous to film the heightened emotions and all!

Avatar Image says:

This is the perfect place to split because it leaves enough material for each movie. Technically Godric’s Hollow makes more sense because it’s right in the middle of DH, but it would be bad to have Ron’s return as the opening to the second movie.

As for the Hallows not being explained until the second movie, what’s stopping them throwing in references earlier on? If they do the wedding and Xeno is there they could talk about the Hallows then. Simple.

Avatar Image says:

Well, yeah I think that IF the 1st half ended when Ron comes that’ll be a good ending but what I really think will make a perfect ending is the following: After Ron comes back , everyones happy and where I belive the first half should end is… When Harry, Ron, and Hermonie go to see Xenoplilius Lovegood to ask him about the symbol he was wearing around his neck at Bill and Fleur’s wedding, When… they ask him and ” Xenophilius raised his eyebrows and says, “Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?” DON DON DON the lights go out and credits come out…. so…it could leave the audience with like “UH!!!! Whats the deadly hallows?!” and that will probably make fans go into a comma intill the next movies comes out. Then when the next movies starts it’ll be followed by an unexpected turn that Mr.Lovegood called death eaters, etc. and yeah…. whatever happens I really to hope to God that David Yates makes “And the Half-Blood Prince ” A really good film and doesnt rush through it like in The Order of The Phoniex when the newspapers popped up instead of showing it in film…. But it’ll be good either way… :)

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! if that rumor is true then that’s a great place to split the film. i personally was thinking it would be sometime after that because that means the second part is going to have Malfoy Manor, the Lovegood house, Gringotts break-in and the big battle. But I guess the first part would still have alot of stuff.

I can’t wait to buy this issue of Movie Magic. Yay!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ve just recently reread DH again and I actually think the first part of DH should end when the Snatchers appear and call out for the Trio to come out of the tent. That way, there is a dramatic break-up with Ron, he returns, they go to see Xeno Lovegood and learn of the Hallows and then get captured soon afterwards. That way the first part is left with a crucial cliffhanger and the second part starts off with the Trio getting captured and going to Malfoy’s Manor and so forth onward. Makes perfect sense if the filmmakers do it this way than when Ron returns.

Avatar Image says:

They should NOT end it at Ron’s return, they should end it just after harry jumps into the lake and is reaching for the sword. How amazing of a cliffhanger would that be for people who don’t know the books. All you see is harry trying to grab at the sword but it is always just out of reach and the screen starts to fade to black as he grows weaker and weaker.

Avatar Image says:

“I disagree about ending with Shell Cottage. That’s far too late in the book. The journey to Luna’s home and her father’s tale of the Deathly Hallows would make a far better opening for the 2nd movie. After all, the second movie can’t be entirely the Battle at Hogwarts.”—davidenglish

There still is the talking with Ollivander and Griphook, the Gringotts adventure. the dragon ride through valleys, then going to meet Aberforth, then the Battle, then Snape’s death and revelation, Harry’s death, King’s Cross conversation with Dumbledore, then the final battle with Voldemort. All of that would take at least two hours to fulfill.

Still, I however, should think they need to split it when the Snatchers find the Trio’s tent, that way the second film could start off with them getting captured and taken to the Malfoy’s, witness Wormtail’s death (would be the first death of the second film, like Hedwig’s the first for the first, and then Dobby’s death the second death of the film, like Moody was the second for the first). IMO, best way to go with an epic Deathly Hallows 2-parter.

Avatar Image says:

Knowing Kloves, Ron will leave as early as possible so that we get as much Harry/Hermione mush as possible, and then we’ll all have fun in the end as we watch pink powerranger Emma beat the heck out of whimpering Rupert who’s giving us lots of idiotic faces.

I don’t get it why people are looking forward to that. If it were Rupert beating the heck out of Emma, would it be the same? No, that would be violence. But for some reason it is not violence if a girl beats a boy – especially Rupert, WB’s resident village idiot.

Avatar Image says:

Anne, if we’re to assume Emma to act like a pink power ranger in DH, then it will be because that’s how Hermione was like in the last book. She stepped up and made a lot of decisions for the two boys. I don’t flaw JKR writing a strong female in her stories. I love that she balanced the two gender roles. It’s not always about Ron or Harry doing something heroic or taking the lead.

Avatar Image says:

The movie should be split at a suspenseful point. When have you EVER seen “to be continued…” at a resolution point?

My pick for the split is much later, when Harry says “Voldemort,” breaking the Taboo, and the Snatchers come to scoop them up. Either that, or after they get taken to the Malfoy’s place. I know this is pretty late in the story, but as this is a film and not a book, I think they will want to weight the escape from the Malfoy’s, the adventure at Gringotts, and the final battle at Hogwarts more heavily than they were in the book. Also, if I hadn’t read the books, stopping with the trio being dragged into Malfoy Manor would make me scream “OH MY GOSH!!!”, which I think is the point of the “to be continued…” to begin with.

Avatar Image says:

Dave MacD, that would work! Be like when Jack Sparrow was killed in the second Pirates of Carribean movie, and “OMG” ending.

Avatar Image says:

I think people are forgetting part one is coming out in November, so this is going to be considered a “holiday movie,” meaning that the producers will want to end the story on a happy note (Ron coming back) rather than depressing (Dobby dying.)

So if this is were they split, part one will have:

Dursleys’ departure Rita Skeeter’s article and Dodge’s Obituary Harry’s B-day and Dumbledore’s will Bill and Fluer’s wedding (if kept, possibly Remus and Tonks’s) Tottingham (sp?) Court Kreacher’s tale Mungdungus scene Break into MoM Camping (augh) Ron leaving Godric’s Hollow Rita’s book Ron’s return and silver doe

Part two will have:

Xeno’s place Potterwatch Snatchers Malfoy Manner Shell Cottage Breaking into Gringotts Battle of Hogwarts (epic!) Snape’s memories Forest scene King’s Cross Climax Epilogue

Plus, each film is supposed to be two and a half hours or so. I do, however, doubt that EVERYTHING I listed will be there, but the list seems to be split pretty evenly (sorry if I forgot anything important.)

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, there were supposed to be lists of things on separate lines, I don’t know why it came out like that.

Avatar Image says:

I heard this at least two months ago. Makes sense, but not exactly new news.

Avatar Image says:

I really hop this rumor becomes fact. I love the idea of ending the first half at ron’s return.

Avatar Image says:

I think they should split it right as ron leaves and hermione goes running after him crying. i think that would be the perfect spot for it to split, because if you hadn’t read the book, its a perfectly suspenseful part.

Avatar Image says:

I think the perfect place to end would be at the end of the Deathly Hallows Chapter. The trio is back in the tent, the taboo has just been said, and we hear voices outside the tent, “Come out of there with your hands up!” Screen goes black. Then part two can pick up on the way to Malfor Manor.

Avatar Image says:

Harry Potter Fan cumn 2yall from The Bahamas! Hope every1 is well.

Nehoo…YOOooOO! When I heard they were gonna split the HP7….that’s where I assumed woul dbe the most logical place to spilt it @...When Ron returns. Cause you know..striaght to that point it’s filled with lost of exciting near captures and what not of them. Then After Ron returns…..it’s starts slow then builds up to the climax again.

MAN I CANT WAIT!!! When will Leaky C have the countdown tickers for Hp6 yo :D???!!!

Avatar Image says:

I dont care where they split, its two parts of one movie anyway. I leave it up to the artistic merit of the writer and director to cut it but it wont mean much in the end.

Avatar Image says:

WHOO HOO! awesome, even though i’ve already seen these, i’m soooo happy that they’re finally releasing some hi res photos.. i can’t wait for the actual trailer :)

Avatar Image says:

@latm1999: “I am sorry to tell LemonFaeire that the escape from the Lovegoods comes after ron’s return. Although I want to see Hermione’s reaction to his return before the first instalment ends.”

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear in my post before. I know it’s after, that was my point. I think cutting it at Ron’s return is too soon. Personally I would prefer it to be cut either as they are escaping the Lovegood’s house OR as they are captured by the Snatchers and being taken to Malfoy Manor.

As for what will come before or after, I think they are going to be taking a lot of liberties with the book, they are going to have to. For example, I doubt we will see the break in at the Ministry or that whole story line at all. It’s one thing to show Harry and Ron Polyjuiced as Crabbe and Goyle for a few minutes in COS, but the trio spends a lot of time in disguise or Polyjuiced in DH, which you just can’t have on screen. They are going to want the actual trio on screen as much as possible, not other actors filling in as the disguised trio. (And so do I.) They will probably have Kreacher end up giving the locket to them and telling Regulus’ story, then they’ll invent a reason for them to have to leave 12 GP. They aren’t going to want to spend a whole lot of time there, anyway, because it doesn’t advance the story, they will want to get the trio out of the house and on the move as fast as possible.

Keeping that in mind, then, I really think cutting it at Ron’s return is too soon for the first movie to end. It leaves way too many big, important sequences that are going to need adequate time devoted to them to be squeezed into the second half. I want no squeezing! I want good pacing and plenty of time for the scenes that need it. If they wait a bit to cut it, and get one or two of those other scenes in the first half, it will allow much needed time for everything else in the second half.

Avatar Image says:

Eh…..IMO Ron’s return isn’t enough time for the END and the battle of Hogwarts I like Shell Cottage better

Avatar Image says:

duh….? where else would they split it??

Avatar Image says:

i haven’t read the book yet so could someone tell me what Ron did that was soo bad please???

Avatar Image says:

I was worried that they were going to end the first part after Ron left, and I just didn’t like that, although it would make for a nice cliffhanger ending of part 1 and an explosive beginning to part 2 at Godric’s Hollow. I just didn’t want it to end on such a downer. The place that I want it to end is at Xeno’s. The last line of chapter 20 is Xeno saying, “Are you referring to the sign of the Deathly Hallows?” and I really feel like that’s a good spot. Any earlier and (as others have said) the Deathly Hallows won’t have been mentioned yet.

But this is a rumor and there’s really several places where they could split. I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

Avatar Image says:

If they cut it at Shell Cottage, the second half of the movie would drag. There is such a thing as too much action.

Cutting at Ron’s return is the most obvious because it is a point of resolution.

Avatar Image says:

To be honest I don’t care where they make the split. The fact we’re getting around four or five hours of DH is good enough for me.

Avatar Image says:

i hope its not true.because dobby’ death more effect and passion

Avatar Image says:

Gandalfxj9 – totally agree with your comment on page one.

Return of Ron? What a lame place to split it. HP movies usually end after a bit of action – after Gringotts, i.e. at Shell Cottage, would be a perfect place to split it. Plus, everything that happens after Shell Cottage would take aages on screen, and deserves the screen time.

Avatar Image says:

J – so you’re saying you want them to cut half of the book because cutting it at Shell Cottage would ‘drag’ the second part? That doesn’t make sense. Cutting it at Ron’s return (which is earlier than Shell Cottage) makes the second movie EVEN longer. Whether you like a lot of action or not, DH IS a story that is action-packed.

And I’d like to point out that Shell Cottage is ALSO a point of resolution. They’ve got all but one of the horcruxes (not incl. Nagini), they just made a big escape where Hermione nearly died, and Dobby did die, and they rest. SC is a chapter of resting/resolution and of scheming/taking it all to another level – i.e. the end of DH1 and beginning of DH2 respectively. Perfect IMO.

Avatar Image says:

The ending of the first fil def need sto be right as they get caught someone peaks out of the tent and greyback is up close to the screen and bites real quick then end. that would be friggin intense.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve said all along that the movie should be split there. It makes perfest sense. It’s right at the middle of the book. It makes a good stopping point. Ron returns, saves Harry’s life and then destroys the Horcrux. Perfect. The questions for the unfortunate ones who have not read the book, What happens next? Will Hermione still be mad at Ron? Will Ron stay this time and complete the journey and task set them? How will it end? THe questions go on and on. I’ve read posts about Xeno’s house escape and Dobby’s death. Those are, in my opinion, too late in the book. It doesn’t really matter where they split it as long as the most important points are left in the movie. Give the book justice. The millions of HP fans around the world want to see everything. No more fiascos like OotP. Good movie, but terrible at following the book. Too many things changed from the book. Too much Umbridge! The last battle was awful and Dumbledore and Harry’s conversation at the end didn’t even go into the finer points of what needed to be said. Oh, Sorry! I get carried away when it comes to the bad points of OotP. Do the last one justice and we’ll be in extacy again.

Avatar Image says:

I think it would be better if it is done after the capturing of them by Fenrir and the bountyhunters. it can end with the capturing of Potter without knowing who he is

Avatar Image says:

That is the perfect point to split I think. I just think that whole bit with the Silver Doe is really interesting and funny and sad and sweet and It would be kind of uplifting with Ron’s return and rescuing Harry yet dark with the fact that they are one more horcrux down and have no idea what to do next… and how frightened the three must be at the fact that thir future is so uncertain. Ooh I like it. Nowhere else makes sense to me – well Shell Cottage would me my second choice I suppose! :]

Avatar Image says:

Could Kloves really bring himself to make the film that Ron-centered?? haha…

Avatar Image says:

Yea that seems like the right spot for the movie.

If you think about it, that’s right after Harry’s only other (near) confrontation with Voldemort in the book. Of course they’re probably going to overcharge the whole scene to make Harry & Voldy come face to face and battle, y’know, so it’s a proper movie climax.

They really should’ve been doing this splitting thing since Goblet, though I think they could’ve just as well made ridiculously long movies like they did for LOTR.

Avatar Image says:

wow this is great because this a is the real turning point story and that means it doesn’t end sad like when dobey sorry about my spelling dies looking forward already :):):):):):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

great, a two and a half hour movie of camping in the woods…

well i guess we can look forward to them drastically cutting the only Snape scene in the book, i wonder if Xeno will even be included, griphook will probably be out too and just have them go into the bank on their own, most of the battle will probably be off screen, and we’ve seen what the DD explains it all scenes get shortened to, the RoR bit will probably get changed drastically… but hey, we can get an overly extended scene of them polyjuiced in the Ministry and polyjuiced at Godrics Hollow. GG WB

Avatar Image says:

I’ve always felt that Godric’s Hollow would be the ideal place. It would be a real cliff-hanger, with Ron gone and Harry’s wand broken. To me, Ron’s return would be more uplifting but less dramatic.

Avatar Image says:

I also think DH1 should end at Shell Cottage. This is where Harry finally realizes what he’s going to do about the Hallows & Horcruxes. Dobby dies saving everyone from Malfoy Manor. It was the turning point in the book. I think DH2 should state where the trio really makes their plan for what to do next, Harry’s decision to look for Horcruxes, not Hallows, Gringott’s, etc.

Avatar Image says:

I think Shell Cottage is the perfect ending. Dobby’s death and Harry’s decision is the perfect set up for the next movie.

Avatar Image says:

The problem with Shell Cottage is that it comes 3/4 of the way through the book. It would make the 2nd film awfully short.

Avatar Image says:

That’s just where I thought that they would part it!! =D

Avatar Image says:

I think that would be a good place to split it….it will keep us fans anxious and ready for the next part!

Avatar Image says:

Oh, that’s great! I’m so happy about all the DH film talk, and it’s funny how we hear more about DH than HBP, and HBP is out this year, lmao!

At this rate, we’ll get the DH trailer before the freakin’ HBP trailer!! HAhaha.

(and I know they haven’t filmed any of DH, that’s the joke)

Avatar Image says:

I feel like we have to think about it from a studio mindset too and that is one of the main reasons I think it will be Ron’s return. They won’t risk cutting it at anything “too” suspenseful for fear of people who haven’t read the books not understanding and critics giving harsh reviews because they just didn’t get it. No, I think they will leave it on a nice cheesy happy moment so that the non-readers can leave happy. They won’t want to confuse them so much that they don’t come back for part two.

Avatar Image says:

Considering that there are 36 chapters in the book, chapter 19 is “The Silver Doe”, where Ron returns so it’s about half way through the book.

I thought they would end the first movie near the end of chapter 17, after Harry and Hermione escape Voldemort at Godrics Hollow.

Avatar Image says:

It would make sense to cut it at Ron’s return or at least have Ron leave and have the movie end as Ron is trying to find his way back to Harry. Like Harry is seeking out the sword as Ron is wandering back to the tent using the gift Dumbledore gave him.

Or it could end with Harry seeing Snape’s patronus. It would be a great ending for fans of the movies who aren’t familiar with the book because they, too, would wonder what it was and if it could be trusted or if it is a message from Ron? Hmmm…

Avatar Image says:

I’m not too bothered where the split is (it’s never going to be as good as the version in my head so I’m beyond caring) but if it was up to me I’d do it when Harry meets Bathilda and she turns into Nagini. Leave em on a cliffhanger I say. I can’t think of as awesome a cliffhanger as that. The stuff at the Lovegood’s house is cool but there wouldn’t be enough to make a second film with (IMHO). I just don’t want a soppy ending (regardless of the script we’re going to get one with the last film thanks to Jo) yet.

Avatar Image says:

Well, personally I don’t think they should split the final book into two movies at all. I’ve read Deathly Hallows 4 times, and I cannot find a logical split anywhere. In fact, I read the book for a 4th time for the exact purpose of looking for a place to insert such a split (after I heard the disappointing news). I think they are just looking for a way to make more money from this “franchise”, and want an even number of DVD’s for that inevitable special edition boxed set….whatever.

I know I will go see both movies – if they do indeed split up DH. I just hope they serve the story well….it’s such a wonderful book.

Avatar Image says:

No. Way too early and too much will be left for part 2.

Snatchers taking them to Malfoy Manor split, please.

Avatar Image says:

EWWW… no. Dobby’s death at shell cottage would be the perfect if not only place that the movie should be cut. it just sounds wrong and really anti-climatic. But hey, since when has warner bros pleased us fans??

Avatar Image says:

A money grab is when they make a movie out of something that’s barely there, like the movie they plan to make after the Hobbit and before the Lord of the Rings trilogy. At least with the book 7, there is so much information and things happening , not to mention things that weren’t mentioned in any of the earlier movies, that splitting it into 2 movies is easily an option. What they will do is make it a movie on its own, as they are trying to do with this new movie. They need to make it a stand alone movie that anyone coming in “green” can understand and enjoy the movie. Thus I believe you need a feel-good ending, which will bring viewers back in again and again to watch (especially since it will be before xmas). So having Harry struggle for the sword as someone described before, Ron’s return, evil h/hr kiss, ron’s struggle and redemption and then the comedic beating of hermione of Ron and finally the happily- ever- after- for- a- wee bit would be a great ending!

Avatar Image says:

I honestly don’t think we will ever see Bill in any of the films other wise we would have seen him by now. He isn’t cast in HBP, according to imdb. I think its because they want a pg-13 film and having one of the Weasleys horribly scarred around the face might make that difficult.

Avatar Image says:

awee i think that’d be a good place to split it caus

Avatar Image says:

awee i think that’d be a good place to split it. but does anyone know where you can buy this magazine? i realllllly want it! do you think they’d sell it at borders or something?

Avatar Image says:

for all those who are happy with this, do you really think the story line in the first half will be interesting enough, to draw people back to the second half? personally i think people will be so confused, bored with the camping, sure the ministry scene was interesting but not action packed, Godrics Hollow will confuse the heck out of non readers and again, it’s not really an action scene but a cheep scare style scene…

people will come out of it feeling that they didn’t even get half a story and be so confused they won’t want to come back. they need to give us some answers in the first one.

people who want the split early seem to be looking for a good spot to put a commercial break with out taking into consideration just how much material is left to cover and explain… there’s a Lot of explaining in the second half as well as very action intense scenes.

Avatar Image says:

I think they’ll split it at some point after Ron’s return. That seems too early in the story to me, eventhough it’s an emotional scene, it doesn’t quite feel like a turning point to the entire book, more a turning point for Ron as he literally slays his demons. But somewhere like the scene at Shell cottage takes place after a big action sequence, is very emotional, and sets them on a more directed course for the remainder of the book. I feel like there is a clearer “next step” at that point. And honestly, just because it’s two films I don’t believe that means they aren’t going to condense and adjust parts of it to adapt it to a movie. We’ve got a long time until we find out!

Avatar Image says:

I think they should split it just after that at Xeno’s house, right as that chapter ends and he says “Do you mean the tale of the deathly hallows?” or something. It is just after that and would make a great, dramatic, ending I think.

Avatar Image says:

THEY CAN’T END THE MOVIE THERE! if you think about it, there really isn’t THAT much that happens before that! I mean i know there is a lot, but compared to the end of the book? Come on! I definitely think that after Xeno Lovegood would be the best place, because i know most a lot of people, at least my family, haven’t read the books but love the movies and i STILL have to explain stuff to them, and I don’t feel like trying to explain the hollows to them 5 different times!

it shud end like this

“are you reffering to the sign of the deathly halloows to be concluded

Avatar Image says:

screw that, I wish they would just make a BIG 5-hour movie.

Write a Reply or Comment