Second Issue of The Quibbler Now Online

124

Jul 11, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The second edition of The Quibbler, our new magazine which prints “all the news you won’t find anywhere else,” is hot off the presses and ready to be viewed. This brand new issue can be read right here. A small diagram of the controls which show how to navigate the issue is also available via this link. This edition contains an expose on the phenomenon that is wizard rock, a fresh batch of letters to the editor, Luna’s exclusive love life advice, a shocking new report on global swarming, and a page three girl Aberforth would be proud of.

The Quibbler was the creation of our own Rudis Hagrid, and this issue was produced by Leaky staffers wordsaremagic, Chloe, Mary Wanguard, Doris, Lunesta, libbysmom, Dreamteam, Moose_Starr, LunasLion, Dragonsinger, danae24, SeverineSnape, Isabel, Jamie, Iheartprofessorsnape, The Azkaban Dietician, rowena r, Lirene, Severitus, Makani, and Red Scharlach.

Be sure to discover all that the Quibbler holds today! Enjoy!

38 Responses to Second Issue of The Quibbler Now Online

Avatar Image says:

lol, house-elves from Jupiter! Dobby, we miss you!... please come baxk to the big screen soon. 1st?!?

Avatar Image says:

yay i love the quibbler!

Avatar Image says:

I cant get it big enough to read tear

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get it big enough too…

But I read this “Show us your Galleons and we show you our hooters” sign rofl

ps “Duz you liek me?” was great as well xD

Avatar Image says:

To read flash you’ll need to use the directions here http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static_images/quibbler/quibbler_screencap.png. Complete with screencaps, this will help you if you are new to flash formats. Enjoy everyone! Doris

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry, even with the directions I find this format QUITE ABSOLUTELY MADDENING. Difficult to navigate, difficult to follow. I’m doing it right—I just really can’t stand it.

Can’t we have a REGULAR PDF? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???

Avatar Image says:

what’s maddening is that the page doesn’t stay static, you can’t SCROLL—you have to “grab” it and move it around, makes me dizzy and it’s just REALLY hard to work with. Very irritating! Who thought up this annoying format??

Avatar Image says:

Oh yes, we are working on a pdf version right now.—I agree that the dragging to move is a bit wearisome-takes some getting used to, but for some folks, depending on their computer systems, it is just impossible. We hope to have a static version soon. Sorry for the delay in that.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t know why I got a strike through on that last post. It was not intentional

Avatar Image says:

oh, me too, I really don’t like this format! It’s just so difficult to read and fiddly to control. Why can’t we have it in a PDF?

Avatar Image says:

The pdf is on its way. Those behind the magic of getting it up here ;-) are working on getting it up in that format too, I believe.

If I understood it correctly there’s one thing the pdf will not provide, and that’s the moving wizarding ads. It’s too much of a muggle technology, to allow movements, unless wordsaremagic and Rudius will be able to Charm it spectacularly.

Avatar Image says:

Special thanks to all you Leaky staffers who are working towards the pdf for the Quibbler. You all do a great job with this site, and fans like myself are very appreciative of all your efforts!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, it is completely unuser friendly.

Avatar Image says:

I had no trouble with it- just some of the fonts are difficult to read (like Mundungus’), but it is very amusing all the same!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry for the delay, folks, but the PDF version is finally up on the server, and a link is available just underneath the link to the online version.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Hey folks, don’t blame Rudius Hagrid for the delay in the pdf version. The email server was having trouble transferring some very large files he needed from me.

Mea culpa

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and the link Rudius is talking about is at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/fun/quibbler

JUST FLOO IT.

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!! I love THE QUIBBLER!

Avatar Image says:

this is awesome!!! i haven’t seen this before but it’s amazingggg (:

Avatar Image says:

Another excellent edition of Quibler. Luna! We all love Luna.

And yes, the Flash is rather inconvenient to navigate. It works for me, but the .pdf is easier to use.

And where DID you find that font that ‘Dung uses?

Keep ‘em coming.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

AAAAGGGGHHHH!!! That very loud noise you heard earlier was the sound of me banging my head against my desk in frustration.

Sorry, Leaky staff, I love you dearly, and I adore the idea of The Quibbler. But until you guys can get it in PDF format, I’m going to have to pass. The current format is just too maddening for me.

Avatar Image says:

LOL wow, this is sooo cute! You guys are awesome, haha. :D

Avatar Image says:

I commented about this earlier, but to save people some time, you can get the pdf version at:

Avatar Image says:

i really really enjoyed reading tht!!!! i wish tht it was made in2 a real magazine!!!! so tht u could actually buy it!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Aberforth and Filch!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL!!

Avatar Image says:

i can’t even read it. it’s too small, and when i make it 1:1 i can’t scroll around the page. i wanan read it but i can’t. please fix this

Avatar Image says:

i figured it out, sry i spoke too soon

Avatar Image says:

Oh my goodness! Luna’s and Rolf’s puffskein ate Rita Skeeter! Ha ha! I love the Quibbler!*

Avatar Image says:

oh dear, I’m a little seasick from trying to read the Quibbler. I think that explains a lot about Luna, actually.

The ad for Aberforth & Filch was hilarious!!! = D

Avatar Image says:

wow…i cant even read it…the print is too small…how do i make it bigger???

Avatar Image says:

Hi-you can enlarge it by clicking on the 1:1 button at the top-or if you don’t like the flash version, you can download a pdf version by clicking on the pdf link in the text right below the picture at http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/fun/quibbler .

Choose either version, depending on what speed your computer system runs and what you feel comfortable with. The pdf’s will probably be easier to read if your system is older or slower, or if you have a smaller monitor.

Avatar Image says:

Last issue of The Quibbler was much better. It was in PDF format so I could save and print it so I could actually read it. They need to go back to that format. It’s very annoying having to read it the way it is.

Avatar Image says:

Lisa, this issue of the Quibbler IS in PDF format. Both formats are easily available

Avatar Image says:

Couldn’t we have a version that you could print out? It would be a lot handier..

Avatar Image says:

Marjory, There is a PDF version of the Quibbler that can be printed out. Wordsaremagic has kindly provided the link several posts above yours. The direct link can be found here as well: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static_downloads/quibbler20080711/Quibbler20080711.pdf

Avatar Image says:

Hey Quibbler fans! We now have an entire Leaky Lounge Forum dedicated just to YOU.

Check into to it at http://www.leakylounge.com/Leaky-Quibbler-f329.html .

Express your ideas and concerns. Ask those questions you having been dying to ask: Where can I get a pdf version? How can I use the flash version? What options are available for me? Where do I send my ideas and questions. Where is Gilderoy Lockheart? what shall I do with my lowlife husaband?

All this and MORE, at http://www.leakylounge.com/Leaky-Quibbler-f329.html