Dance the Night Away, Leaky Con and Wizard Wrock Style at Terminus

124

Jul 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Let’s shake the rafters at Terminus, Leaky Con and Wizard Rock style, as we are thrilled to announce a very special dance party to be held next month. Hosted by DJ Paul DeGeorge (of Harry and the Potters), this dance party will take place the weekend of the Terminus 2008 convention in Chicago, Illinois on Friday, August 8th. Held at Reggie’s Southside New Rock Headquarters , 2105 South State Street, musical performances from Wizarding rock groups are due to begin at 10:30pm from The Whomping Willows, Dreary Inferi, The Chocolate Frogs, and Swish and Flick, followed by what is sure to be a magical night of dance party fun. Cost for this event is $15.00 and is strictly 17+, ID required with a limited capacity. Proceeds will help Leaky Con 2009, TLC‘s first convention scheduled for next May in Boston, MA, and there will also be a raffle to benefit the Harry Potter Alliance. Transportation is provided to and from the venue for ticket holders starting at 9:45pm, with tickets now available to order via this link.

This dance party is part of a Wrock Wreggies event, with a second night of Wizard Rock and Dance to follow on Saturday, August 9 at the same venue. On this night, Wrock fans can enjoy an event hosted by Ashley from The Podcast of Awesome, and enjoy music from bands such as The Moaning Myrtles, Diagon Alley, Catchlove, The Parselmouths, and Lord Voldi and the Dark Marks. The proceeds from Saturday night will go to Steps School in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Designed to help showcase some of the fun we have in store for you at LeakyCon 2009 and offer you a fun evening with your favorite wizard rockers, this is also opportunity to meet with some of the people bringing you Leaky’s upcoming Harry Potter conference. Hope to see you there!

26 Responses to Dance the Night Away, Leaky Con and Wizard Wrock Style at Terminus

Avatar Image says:

Too bad I am unable to go!!!

Avatar Image says:

Awwwww… I’m only 16 and a half. Maybe I’ll pull a Weasley and use some aging potion. :P

Avatar Image says:

Why aren’t there any fan conventions in Australia? TLC – Go Global!

Avatar Image says:

I’m 17 but I don’t want to leave my 16-year-old friends behind. Ah well, sounds fun though!

See you there!! I can’t wait =]

Avatar Image says:

Sunds like fun. But I’m not 17. And I live in Australia.

And Jess “Why aren’t there any fan conventions in Australia? TLC – Go Global!”

I totally agree we need some HP conventions in Australia!

Avatar Image says:

Again, if Im in town, I will have to attend. Terminus itself is likely out :[ So I so hope I get back from work prior to, or early on, Aug 4 so I can go to the Detroit PotterCast, and then to Chicago for the Wrock and dance. Even though I dont dance. That is saying something too, me actually wanting to go to Chicago for something.

Avatar Image says:

I bought my tickets today and can’t wait!

See you all there!

Avatar Image says:

Wait what time will the live PotterCast be held. I want to make sure I don’t buy tickets for an event happening at the same time.

*Sounds. oops.

Avatar Image says:

i won’t be attending, which sucks =( but i will be at LeakyCon 2009, i’m already saving my money.. can’t wait for that!!!!!

This freaking sucks! i’ll only be 16 at Terminus. How unfair! :[

Avatar Image says:

Which reminds me… no pottercast this week? Or did it pass and I didn’t realized it?

.. ... ... ... .. BRING IT ALL TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!! :’(

SO UNFAIR! sounds like fun though..

Avatar Image says:

No, no PotterCast this week.

Avatar Image says:

Yay, I bought my ticket yesterday already. I cant wait :)

Avatar Image says:

Alex.: “Why aren’t there any fan conventions in Australia? TLC – Go Global!”

Why don’t you arrange one yourself? I’m seriously NOT trying to mock you and start ranting about how gratefull you should be that TLC exists at all or anything, it’s a friendly suggestion. If you feel that Harry Potter fandom down under needs a conference then chances are more people feel the same way and would gladly sign up to any kind of meetup or conference or anything. It won’t happen if someone doesn’t go for it! Just saying. nudge, nudge

Do you mean 2008 not 2009

Avatar Image says:

Excellent! Great music for an excellent cause. See you there!

Avatar Image says:

i am so looking forward to this. its what was lacking at prophesy, a good party for all us no sleep till breakfast people _

Avatar Image says:

Breana, and anyone else wondering, the live PC is happening before the dance party. The live PC is from 7-9PM and the shuttle for the party doesn’t start running until 9:45PM, as is stated in the article.

Avatar Image says:

Sounds awesome- one more reason to mourn the fact that I’m not going to Terminus.

Avatar Image says:

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

Avatar Image says:

“anyone else wondering, the live PC is happening before the dance party. The live PC is from 7-9PM and the shuttle for the party doesn’t start running until 9:45PM, as is stated in the article”

guh, i didn’t want to miss spinnerscast…

OH MY GOD!!!!! I WOULD SO LOVE TO BE THERE BUT I CAN’T!!! :(

Avatar Image says:

Hey…to all the Aussies that are asking about conventions down under, we have tried over and over to organise stuff here and there just isn’t the interest… there are meetup groups in melbourne, sydney and qld but they get quite a low turn out, the best we managed was mugglecast down under and only 50% of rsvp’s actually rocked up, we did try to organise a convention but we couldn’t get the interest and it got scraped :(

It’s a shame… there are so many fans here

Kirsty www.sonoruscast.com