114

Jul 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Hang on everyone, we have a new installment in the rumor of the day/week/month category as the wait continues on a trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film. TLC has now received several credible reports from sources who say there will be a trailer for HBP attached to Star Wars: The Clone Wars when it opens on August 15. However the latest twist is that this will be the full -length trailer as WB is eschewing a teaser to bring a longer amount of footage for fans next month. Again, while this possibility of a trailer with Clone Wars has been floating on the net for a while (along with the numerous other possible movies/dates we’ve reported previously) these latest reports holds a bit more credibility than others, however it should remain very much in the rumor category for now.

Also, it should be stressed that we are still awaiting an official confirmation from Warner Brothers regarding that rumor of a tiny teaser before the IMAX screenings only of The Dark Knight film next week. Again, as reported a few days ago, this will most likely not be an actual ‘trailer,’ but rather simply the logo, a bit of music, and some words saying coming in IMAX this winter. Alas. Thus, the great trailer watch continues, and we will update with more on all of this when we can.

162 Responses to Rumor Alert: Full “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” Trailer Due with “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”?

OMG OMG. Let this be true. I don’t want my heart to be broken … again. :]

I HOPEEEEEE ….

Avatar Image says:

I really want a trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HPANA got official confirmation about the 15 second trailer…direct from WB

I certainly hope theres more concrete truth to this rumor though…I’m sick of anticipation and then finding it was all for nothing.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, exciting! Hope this one’s true. Although, i’m not a fan of Star Wars fan.

Avatar Image says:

HMM. This would be interesting. But okay WB, I’d have preferred the teaser trailer like, last month, and this full length trailer with Clone Wars… :/

Avatar Image says:

Yeah, if we have to wait a whole month to see it, it better be the full trailer. I wouldn’t mind if it came out with SW, I’d just watch it online. Although there is something especially satisfying about watching a trailer in theatres. I wouldn’t mind seeing SW: TCW, but I just watched a trailer for it and at first I thought it was a trailer for a Star Wars video game.

I wonder why these new rumors are more credible?

Avatar Image says:

this sounds like a fact…..hope it is true…...i rather like the fact they are skipping a teaser trailer :o)

Avatar Image says:

if it’s a full length trailer, then i won’t mind waiting another month, i just hope this is true.

Avatar Image says:

I have no interest in the animated Star Wars, even though I am a Star Wars fan, so I won’t be seeing the trailer in theaters;however, I am looking forward to multiple viewing and screen capturing online! :D I’m just sad I have to wait a whole month for the fun to begin! sigh

Avatar Image says:

Why am I not surprised by this? What do you think Headmistress?

Avatar Image says:

OMG on my birthday!! how cool! but this isnt a movie many people would watch for the movie. people will only watch this movie because of the HBP trailer. oh gosh, i cant wait!!

Avatar Image says:

Why the heck are they choosing an Animated Star Wars movie for the preview of HBP???? Dark Knight is a much more anticipated movie and will get a ton more viewers than some silly animated movie, geez WB what is ur problem?

Avatar Image says:

Jen, they’re going for the opposite effect this time. They’re mistakenly hoping that putting a trailer in front of this movie will make all the HP fans go and see it. I think that strategy will produce some, but very limited results. Looks like WB has probably been sitting on the trailer for ages just waiting for a film with dismal prospects to attach it to.

When Clone Wars bombs anyway, they’ll realise their mistake and try to salvage the fan hype that they killed in the last three months, and the flood of trailers will start.

Avatar Image says:

Sigh. I guess this is good news. But I REFUSE to go see some animated Star Wars film. I will just see the trailer online. You know it will be on Youtube almost instantly. Or at least within 24 hours.

Why did they NOT put it in front of the Dark Knight???

Also, I actually like Teaser trailers…I’m a bit disappointed that we won’t be having one because they are usually more exciting than the full-length trailers.

But overall, I am happy that we might have a possible confirmation date. =)

Avatar Image says:

Well, if you look at all of the other HP trailers, they were all released with PG-rated WB films. And this is (I think) the first PG WB film to come along since Speed Racer back at the beginning of May. Come to think of it, that is probably how the marketing department handles HP trailers: Once the trailer has been made, they release it with their next PG film, even if it is a few months away.

Avatar Image says:

I hope this is true…... we’ve waited long enough. I agree with u, Jen. They should put a REAL trailer with Dark Knight, rather than a 15 second teaser that everyone is likely to forget about after viewing it . = [

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and you probably won’t have to watch a low-quality YouTube version. HQ versions are usually released within a few days of the film it was released with, which can be watched on pretty much any HP fansite, as well as HD versions on apple.com.

Anyway, I was looking over MuggleNet’s news archive because I couldn’t remember exactly how we got the OotP trailer: WB announced it about a month before it was released with [I believe it was happy feet?]. Anyway, the trailer came online the Monday after the movie was released. So, if they follow a similar pattern with HBP, we should be getting an official announcement from WB soon (VERY soon).

Avatar Image says:

The ONLY reason they are doing this is because they know that Clone Wars will be a flop; this is a way to bring the Harry Potter fan base into see it and I won’t do it. I’ll just wait for it to pop online. The stupid fools should have released it with TDK.

Avatar Image says:

Okay, now they’re just yanking our wands. Seriously, way to cry “trailer” wolf. When I saw this article I rolled my eyes! I’m getting tired of all these rumors! Frankly, I could care less when the trailer comes out because these mind games WB are playing with us are just a waste of my time.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. I just watched the trailer for TSW, and I couldn’t even take it. I forced myself to watch until the end. 2 minutes and fourteen seconds of pure torture. I was planning on watching it when I read this headline, but after watching the trailer, no, no, no, no, no way! *sobs; It’s really sad how I’m not going to go watch the trailer in high def. =P But maybe I’ll just go in and watch the trailer, and then leave…. Anyway, this is making me excited. Yayyyy. =)

Avatar Image says:

Well, if that’s true, no seeing it on the big screen for me. I refuse to see The Clone Wars. And so does everyone I know. I don’t think that’s a very wise decision to put it with that movie. Well, I guess kids will drag their parents to see it and die-hard SW fans will see it. shrug

I hope they release it with another film after that; one that I actually want to see so I can see it on the big screen.

Avatar Image says:

Also, I agree with MattyJ that this “marketing strategy” or whatever you want to call it is going to backfire…most fans, even big ones (like me!) will not go see some silly star wars film (and I am talking about the non-star wars fans, I am NOT insulting SW fans) just to see the trailer on the big screen or whatever…most fans will wait to see it online because you know it WILL be online very soon after! =)

Avatar Image says:

Not again! Well, I will believe it when I see it. I am still a bit miffed at having to wait so long in the first place, plus I have no interest in seeing the Clone Wars at ALL, so I guess I will be waiting for the internet the next day. At least it is news, though. I guess. Sort of. LOL

Avatar Image says:

Christine, read my last post.

Because I love seeing trailers in a theatre setting, I might go to a matinee ($5) and watch the trailer. Then I’d probably sit through as much of the movie as possible.

Avatar Image says:

And, yet again, (because it seems everyone ignores my posts), THIS IS NOT A MARKETING STRATEGY TO GET PEOPLE TO SEE STAR WARS. WB ALWAYS (ALWAYS!!!) PUTS HP TRAILERS WITH THEIR LATEST PG-RATED FILM.

Avatar Image says:

So instead of reaching millions of people with The Dark Knight (wich will be absolutely HUGE), They go for this?????

Just fire the advertising department at WB already!!!!!! Star Wars really?

Avatar Image says:

@Won_Two, LOL, I posted first and then went back to read the rest of the comments so I just now saw yours. The Headmistress is NOT happy!!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Agreed, Kerri. At this point, people are just looking at the coming movies and saying “Okay the trailer’s with The Hulk. No, okay, it’s with The Dark Knight. No wait, Hellboy 2. Okay okay, really it’s with Star Wars.”

I think it’s safe to say we won’t be seeing a trailer until October. I’m guessing Halloween would be an appropriate spot for it….

Avatar Image says:

That actually makes sense, kids are going to see Clone Wars, so they’ll see the trailer and so will their parents. Guess I’ll tag along with my brother on that trip to the theatre if this is true.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t really care anymore. It will come when it comes! As long as it comes soon!!!

sigh

I’m not particularly pressed to see the Clone Wars….

With GoF they released the movie with trailer with movies I didn’t care to see….

I saw Spiderman 3, only to find that the trailer wasn’t with the film at the theatre I was in…..

If this is true, I’ll decide what I’m going to do….

sighs

Avatar Image says:

They are putting the trailer in front of this, in my opinion, ridiculous SW movie so that it will raise sales for the movie. Do they really think fans are so stupid? We will watch it on YouTube and then go see it with a decent movie, since it should be with all movies after that.

rolls eyes This has to be the only stupid thing the WB has done in regards to the trailer thus far.

Avatar Image says:

Hahha if this is true, Harry Potter fans might be the only ones going to see Clone Wars ;)

Sorry lol. I know it’s a bit mean.. but seriously, it does look a bit awful.

Anyway, I can’t wait for trailer time! :D

Avatar Image says:

I really hope this is true. Finally we get some good news about HP, HBP. Just six days after my birthday. I agree with some people on here. Why put it on Star Wars? I think they should’ve of put it on Chronicles of Narnia because I know people like the books and the movies. I’m not a fan of it nor am i a fan of Star Wars. They should put it with The Dark Knight. That seems like an ok movie. I’m not a fan of Batman either but Heath Ledger is in it and he’s a good actor so is Gary Oldman. I wouldn’t pay 7 dollars to go see the Star Wars movie just to see the full length trailer for HP, HBP. So I guess I’ll have to wait until it comes online to see it.

Avatar Image says:

You know what’s funny. I used to be a huge star wars fan in my teens, and when they released the first SW Prequel trailer in front of the Sorcerer’s Stone ages ago I bought a ticket for another movie and snuck into HP just for the trailer and then went and watched the movie I had a ticket for. Now I am a Harry Potter Fanatic and will be doing the same thing only in reverse! Funny how things have changed except that I’m still a nerd and proud of it ;-P

Avatar Image says:

hmmm….it actually might be true, it seems very possible. I dunno if i’ll see star wars in theaters tho. maybe because my dad is a HUGE star wars fan, but i’m pretty sure he won’t care much for it as a cartooon. Anyway, i strongly hope this is true :)

Avatar Image says:

Dave – why does WB always put the Harry Potter trailers in front of PG movies when the last two, and now HBP, have been rated PG-13? That doesn’t make sense.

Avatar Image says:

well if true thats awesom but i wont see stars wars just for a trailer im sorry i just dont like it but i im hoping its true

Avatar Image says:

My version of what will happen:

“One ticket for Clone Wars please” >sits and waits< “Come on! I have something to do after this!” >Lights dim and trailers come on< >Few minutes later< “Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince” >loud cheering as trailer plays< “Severus…please…” >End trailer< >Gets up to go but is blocked by the entire theater leaving after the Potter trailer< >One person that stays is dressed up as Darth Vader< “Hey! Where’s everyone going?” >Everyone turns and laughs<

Seriously…...exactly what will happen….

Avatar Image says:

I’d have loved it to be with the dark knight but whats all this about a marketing strategy ?..Is everyone forgetting that star wars has a fairly big fanbase. Hopefully this isn’t true though and WB decides tomorrow morning that the dark knight is better and that they should put the trailer before it grins Its gotta happen! I cant stand another month of this!!

Avatar Image says:

@dementor that is probably what will happen…that is hilarious

Glad to hear someone agrees ChristineM. :D

Avatar Image says:

Dave, relax. Everyone has a right to their opinion. You’re right that they typically release the trailers in front of a PG movies, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good marketing strategy, especially this time. HBP will be PG-13, so why not promote it in front of a PG-13 audience, especially when Dark Knight will be the biggest movie of the year? Families and Tweens will still come to HBP regardless of whether it’s seen in front of a PG movie. Its time WB admits these films target audience is no longer 10 year olds.

Avatar Image says:

Just realized my 10 year old comment may insult the Star Wars fans. That wasn’t my intent. I understand that there is a big SW fanbase, much bigger than the HP one really. However, I’ve heard very little hype about Clone Wars, especially since it was supposed to go directly to TV when it was orginally made. I just feel like WB missed a good opportunity to release it in front of a larger film.

Avatar Image says:

Ugh, I hope not. I love myself some Star Wars, but I couldn’t bother seeing some stupid animated ‘Clone Wars’ crap, even if there was a full length trailer infront of it.

Avatar Image says:

I hope is true but I’m just going to watch it online since I’m not interested in Star Wars.

Avatar Image says:

Hey since I love Darth Vader- I think hes sexy! LOL. I will gladly go see the clone wars if this turns out to be true. Eventhough hes still the chosen Anikin Skywalker in it. Plus the CG looks kind of cool.

Avatar Image says:

Dementor: Very Funny! =) And Mollywobble: Good point!

Also, is this Star Wars film just like a previous Star Wars film EXCEPT in animation?? Does someone know? I mean, what’s the point?

And to say it’s a marketing strategy,albeit a bad one, should not anger people on this comment board. Everything has to do with marketing when you are releasing a film trailer. The fact that they are releasing it in front of a PG-rated film is a strategy. Just because they have done it this way in the past does not mean it negates the fact that it’s still a “marketing strategy”...

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care what movie it’ll be release with first. Once the trailers come out then I’ll be able to see it. This is the first time the rumors seem real so I have my hopes up.

Avatar Image says:

I knew they werent going to show it in front of the dark knight!!!! I knew it…. but i don’t know who’s going to go see clone wars…

Hahahahahahaha. Good one, Dementor. (:

Avatar Image says:

why can’t they just redesign the HP website and release a trailer a good while before the movie comes out like all other freaking movies made now a days? I hate how they take for granted that because it’s HP they need to do less because it’s already popular. UGH!

Avatar Image says:

I still think a teaser will be with The Dark Knight on Friday. But I will defnitely be watching the full trailer online because I am NOT going to see a stupid Star Wars movie. yuck! I just really really hope the teaser is with The Dark Knight. They ALWAYS have a teaser before the full trailer comes out. :(

Avatar Image says:

@Angry angry angry: I completely agree with you. But the thing that sucks the most is that this is the FIRST time they’ve done something like this. They’ve never taken so long before. With the previous 5 movies they started releasing pictures right when filming began and we kept getting pictures and news and then we got a teaser trailer like 8 months before the movie came out and then like 2 weeks later we got a full trailer and then a full international trailer. And then we started getting previews in magazines and all kinds of stuff months before the movies came out. So I don’t know what the deal is this time around. they do still have 4 months though, so they will have to make the most of it.

Avatar Image says:

Madeline, if you head to the Warner Brothers website, and click under movies, you’ll be able to find a link to the Clone Wars website. The website is pretty cool, but I’m just not that into animated films, even if it is Star Wars. I don’t even typically watch Pixar movies in the theatre. Oh well. I’m just looking forward to a confirmation and the actual trailer.

Avatar Image says:

The statement that all HP trailers were put before PG-rated movies is wrong. The full-length trailer for OotP was put out with Spiderman 3.

Why couldn’t WB just put the trailer with TDK? Why in front of a stupid movie?

Avatar Image says:

Okay! Just… 33 days to go!

sigh

Avatar Image says:

NOOOO!!!! Stupid Movie!!! The majority of the HP fans would more likely go see Dark night then a cartoon version of Star wars, Well thats me anyway…

Avatar Image says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz let it be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But why does it have to come in front a stupid star wars movie??? I Just want to see it on Tv or something!

Avatar Image says:

Don’t worry, Michelle! It will be on the internet [if this turns out to be true, anyhow] so fast it will make all our heads spin! [OT: I’m not a Star Wars fan, either. Especially not this “clone” of Clone Wars….] But HBP, I’m with, all the way! I hope this is true, and I think it’s great that WB decided [since we’ve all been salivating and grousing] to do a full on trailer! We’ve waited long enough, WB! Let us have it!!!!! grin And thanks Sue & TLC, for keeping us “up to date” Even if it is only the Rumor Mill Entries. :D

Avatar Image says:

and really this animated movie star wars:clone wars is basically a glorified series premiere as it will basically introduce people that want to watch the series on cartoon network

Avatar Image says:

arg! is anyone else getting tired of rumors??! but this sounds okay—star wars wasnt bad. so then i go look up the tralier, and dear lord. its animated. it looks like a stupid video game. no way im paying 7.50 to see a flop of a movie. well, maybe if i drag some friends along, but ehh…dunno. vive xe

Avatar Image says:

Why the animated Star Wars movie? That stinks. I’ll never go see that, even for the trailer. Does WB’s actually think just because Star Wars is a Sci-Fi thing, that automatically Harry Potter fans are going to buy tickets just for the trailer? That really stinks. Thank God for TLC because we know the second theirs a credible trailer, Melissa and Co. will have it on line!

Avatar Image says:

Im thinking this would be a bad strategy to get the trailer seen. Im a Star Wars fan, and this is the first I have heard of Star Wars Ep II i/ii (2.5).

Avatar Image says:

Uh, aren’t you going to tell us the sources so we can evaluate this news for ourselves? Leaky is a fansite, and fansites don’t make their own news.

Avatar Image says:

i know i’m so in the minority, but i’m excited about star wars. i’m a huge fan, and i do like the tv show, its targeted at kids, which is cool. and its better than the second prequel anyday. i would totally see it on the day of release and if theres a full length hbp trailer, i’m all for it! hopefully this isn’t another silly rumor.

Avatar Image says:

I’m not gonna get my hopes up for a trailer at all anymore. I will see it when and if WB decides to release it (unless it is with the Star Wars film). I’ve never been a Star Wars fan and I’m not going to go see a movie I don’t like just for a trailer – even if it is a Harry Potter trailer. I just don’t believe any of these rumors anymore! I’m tired of being let down after believing every rumor that’s come out so far!

Avatar Image says:

I just thought everyone might like to know—the reason WB’s not putting the HP trailer in front of the Dark Knight is because they’re putting the Watchmen trailer before the Dark Knight, which makes more sense than the HP trailer because they’re both comic book movies.

Avatar Image says:

lets pray that this is for real this time!

Avatar Image says:

No reason to be rude, Michelle.

Avatar Image says:

I think some you people forget that Star Wars is bigger than Batman. This is the first time a Star Wars movie has been in movie theatres without 20th Century Fox. WB wants to make good. And 2, it gives WB another month for the trailer which will be a full trailer than a little short one.

Avatar Image says:

BTW, Kerri who buys tickets to see a trailer?!

Avatar Image says:

The Clone Wras will NOT be a flop… whatever, im seeing it that movie looks so tight

^^

I was going to see that movie anyway, so I’m excited

Avatar Image says:

Kevin, to have to remember, the Clone Wars isn’t even ‘real’ Star Wars. It’s animated, for Christ’s sake! Plus, TDK movie was much more hiped than the Clone Wars movie, so more people will see TDK. Sorry, but the Clone Wars sounds really stupid and juvenile.
Avatar Image says:

What is this?!? 1) Star Wars is huge, the fan-base is larger than HP (or about the same), and the movies (for the most part) are admired and respected by fans and critics of all ages. 2) Animated work is just as relevant and capable as a live-action product; calling it “juvenile” and “stupid” merely because it’s animated is what is juvenile and stupid. You guys should be ashamed. 3) You haven’t seen TCW. How do you know it’s bad or a flop. I definitely know it won’t be a flop. lol

Pff. Done.

Anyway, I can’t wait for the trailer. :D

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like cartoons, so I won’t be going to TCW; I know Leaky will post as soon as the trailer is available elsewhere. Thank you Leaky.

Avatar Image says:

Quite frankly, a trailer is not intended for HP fans to see the movie its attached to. Quite the opposite. HP Fans will already go see HBP. WB knows that. By putting the trailer in front of the Star Wars film, WB hopes that many Star wars audience will also go and see HBP. That is the whole intention. WB makes nothing for the HP fans going to see Star Wars just to see the trailer. And only a minute number of hardcore fans would do that. Trailers are intended to attract new audience for the most part.

Avatar Image says:

@ Professor Potter: “Trailers are intended to attract new audience for the most part.”

Exactly! So why wouldn’t they put the trailer in front of the BIGGEST movie of the summer, The Dark Knight? I just still feel this is a very bad move on WB’s part. A lot of Star Wars fans out there are not even interested in this version, I doubt it is going to have the draw of an actual Star Wars film, and nothing like TDK.

Avatar Image says:

Ugh, I was really hoping to see the trailer in the theater, but I guess the best I can hope for is on-line. George Lucas has gone off the deep end with Star Wars. I didn’t even like the last three attempts, so there is no way (not even to see the HBP trailer) that I’d spend money on The Clone Wars. :-(

Avatar Image says:

@ LemonFaerie: “So why wouldn’t they put the trailer in front of the BIGGEST movie of the summer, The Dark Knight?”

Because (and I already said this) WB is putting the Watchmen trailer before TDK. Watchmen is a more logical choice because, like TDK, it is a comic book movie. Also, it is their next big summer movie, so they want to release the first trailer with their current big summer movie. Besides, as dark a book HBP is, it’s not half as dark as Watchmen, nor as much as TDK promises to be. Yes HBP will probably be PG-13, but it still skews to a younger audience than TDK. Watchmen, being R-rated, has a much smaller selection films that are both age and genre-appropriate for the first trailer to appear before.

Frankly, HP has a big enough audience by now that they don’t have to constantly be shilling the new films. Watchmen, on the other hand, risks tanking if it’s not advertised properly.

Avatar Image says:

I knew they were going to scrap the teaser and show an extra long trailer instead. I can’t wait.

Avatar Image says:

Alas, indeed! I just can’t wait! I’m feeling so emotional today,about Harry Potter and everything. I love it so much! I just can’t wait for HBP and DH films! about the teaser-so it means that we have to wait one more month…oh oh oh oh…ok. now,after 2 months I’m going to watch 1-5 films.

Avatar Image says:

trailer??? What trailer?? You mean there is a new HP movie coming out??? Gee, I had no idea!!! (sarcastic)

Avatar Image says:

I hope it’s true. However, I am of the opinion that the real trailer should be released with the Dark Knight…

Avatar Image says:

Most people here are saying Clone Wars will be a flop because the trailer looks awful. And most of them prob aren’t even SW fans. I know I’m not. The only one I actually like is Episode 3 of the new trilogy.

And I would buy tickets to see a trailer. If the movie looked like it was going to be any good. In this case, I won’t be wasting my money.

Avatar Image says:

“There is absolutely NO WAY I will see Clone Wars. I’ve been making fun of the Star Wars movie since the trailer came out. It’s about as sucky as you can get. Glad to hear SOMETHING about HBP trailer though :)”

@Michelle: Do you mind if we make fun of it together? =D Agree with you 100%.

Didn’t find your statement rude either. Just expressing your opinion like the rest of us.

Avatar Image says:

dagnammit, i hate star wars. i may buy a ticket just to see the trailer and then leave – should be worth about seven pounds anyway.

i can kind of see why they haven’t released it with the batman film – this new franchise with chris nolan and christian bale are very dark and most definately directed more at an adult market. harry potter on the other hand, while the films get increasingly darker, remain pretty much accessible by all.

but a crappy star wars cartoon film? dear dear me. i thought star wars was a 20th century fox pursuit anyway….strange. i might not be that bad…can’t be any worse than the first one anyway. i’ve never wanted to physically hurt a supposedly ‘good’ character as much as i wanted to hurt luke skywalker after seeing that abysmal film.

Avatar Image says:

Why are people making trailer theories? Do you even know what WB is really thinking behind this? Yeah, I don’t think so. Let’s just go with the flow and see what happens. No need to make scientific theories on how/why the trailer isn’t out yet or why it wasn’t played in front of TDK. Marketing strategies, PG-13 crap, who really gives? Let’s just let WB do their stuff.

Avatar Image says:

My advice now is for everyone to quit wingein and complainin from here on in because we all know when Warner Bros does start pluggin it, it’ll be awesome. So let’s just wait for the anticipation building. 32 Days 7 hours and 10 mins left to wait apprently

Avatar Image says:

Wow am I the only one here who actually likes Star Wars!

Avatar Image says:

The only reason I’m whining is because this is the first big mistake that the WB has made with this trailer.

@Kiwi Mc: I’m sure plenty of people on here like SW. There is just this, I don’t know what to call it, war between SW and HP. On one forum I was on, it was crazy. Almost everyone there was a SW fan. And they thought HP was for kids. That is always the common misconception with HP and SW. It is very stupid.

Avatar Image says:

this is really iritating my now hurry up warner brothers and make your mined up on when it is actually coming, i really exited to see the trailor and the film this winter so stop getting my hopes up every time and hurry up please :):):):):):)):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

Wow, a Lot of hate to Star Wars on here. I will tell you why they are releasing it with Clone Wars. Because Star Wars has a Huger fandom than Batman, come on, the Star Wars Fandom is as Large as the Harry Potter one, It dosen’t even look bad, You all are hating aganist it because its ‘animated’, What about Toy Story? Im assuming that was crap to by looking at the comments on here.

Avatar Image says:

@ Dementor, exactly, Thats why i am a Hardcore fan of Both. I grew up with Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

Wow. Lots of people have opinions. Personally, I love Star Wars… and Harry Potter. I would really like to see the HBP trailer in the theatre, but don’t want to waste my money on this new animated version of Star Wars. It looks stupid and I can’t see how it will add anything to the series. Why don’t they put the trailer with a movie people with actually like and want to go see?

Avatar Image says:

I grew up with SW in my childhood(dad’s a big fan) but I never really liked it. But for some reason I was drawn to Harry Potter in a way I’ve never been drawn before. I don’ t know. I guess it is just my preference.

I think people are mad about the animated SW because they are so used to real actors and stuff. I don’t think it has to do with the fact of animation just the change the movie puts on SW. And you always have the people who loathe SW just because. I’m not a fan but I neither like nor hate SW. More leaning towards dislike but I do like Episode 3. =D

That is also why I think it is a bad idea to release the HBP trailer with the new SW movie. Because people won’t like the change and will rent it before spending $7-$10 at the theater on something they might not like. I’m thinking that many hardcore fans will go see it, but most fans will rent it or watch it on the internet. But many kids may drag their parents along. I asked my dad if he wanted to go see it and he said no. He will prob watch it when it is out on video or when it comes out on TV (which I’m sure it will eventually)

Just my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

At this point I’m tired of all the rumors about the HBP trailer. It doesn’t matter to me what movie they put it in front of because it’s going to be a long time before I’ll be able to afford movies again anyway. ( I was in an accident, car’s totaled and now I’m back to making car payments. ) If I’m lucky I’ll scrounge up enough to attend the HBP movie when it comes out. As for the trailer, I hope the rumor is based in fact and that there will be a full length trailer next month if for no other reason then all the rumors will end.

Avatar Image says:

BLUH! Im not a fan of star-wars so I wont be seeing it JUST for the trailer if its true. I’ll just wait ‘till its online later that day or the next :)

Avatar Image says:

Just for all you people who say ‘More George Lucas Bull’ This movie isn’t directed by George Lucas, and Infact the only 2 Star Wars movies to not be Directed by George Lucas were the best ones. Episodes 5 and 6. Animated? So what? Toy Story was animated and it rocked, So was Finding Nemo, whats so bad if its Animated, and plus, No Hayden Christian or Jar Jar Binks in this one, so, whats so bad about it?

15th August…...

That’s a helluva long time. I don’t think I can wait that long.

But like I said, when we do FINALLY get the trailer it had better be the best darn thing I have ever seen!

Avatar Image says:

@Kyle: That is a matter of opinion. I feel that Episode 3 is the best. I feel asleep during Episode 6. After seeing Episode 4, I was wondering how SW has lasted so long or even took off in the first place. Episode 4 was bad. Episode 3 was much better than the older ones in my opinion. Prob because I like to be spoiled with special effects. hehe

Avatar Image says:

Well, I’ll gladly pay whatever to watch Star Wars (which looks great!) and HBP trailer will be a huge bonus

Avatar Image says:

Yes, Clone Wars is currently in the running to have a trailer attached. I wouldn’t call it a teaser as it’s supposed to be longer than 1 & 1/2 min but it’s also supposed to be shorter than or equal to 2 min. The full “full” trailer seems to be an internet-only release this time round.

Clone Wars is the latest release date attached to a major WB film this year (before HBP); the September release slate is rather weak at the moment, and October is considered too late by our folks down here.

Also, expect some HBP news on or around the 16th of this month

Avatar Image says:

k so my theory is that the little mini teaser will come out with dark knight and then we will get this. getting the big trailer less than a month after the teaser doesnt make up for the EXTREMELY tiny teaser and the waiting we have had 2 endure. so these better be AMAZING trailers!

Avatar Image says:

To be honest, I never even knew that there was going to be a Star Wars movie until I heard rumblings on leaky that the trailer would be released with this movie. As to the motivations of the studio for placing these two together, who knows? I don’t think anyone here is bashing star wars as a whole as much as they are the choice to place it in front of a movie that doesn’t seem like a sure blockbuster.

While it has certainly missed TDK train, more movies will premier between now and November and the trailer will start popping up all over the place. I am disappointed that so little attention or information has been released about the film up until now, but I am sure that as we get closer, the hype will get bigger. The HP are a guranteed cash cow for Warner Bros. regardless of how often they plug it (at least it seems that way). What will keep fans and non fans coming back (after the first weekend of selling out of tickets) will be the actual quality of the movie and no amount of advertising can fix that.

Keeping my fingers for a good movie in November!

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorely disappointed that it’s not with TDK, and while I have little interest in seeing The Clone Wars, I was planning to see it anyway. So this is just another reason that I’ll go ahead and see it in theaters.

Avatar Image says:

i am done wishing and hoping this trailer will come out soon i am sooooooo over this trailer just give me the movie. and to be honest i am switiching to Twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well, it may be true that WB puts HP trailers in front of PG movies but Kung Fu Panda came out last month, along with Wall-E (I think that’s rated G, but I’m not sure) but since the movies are getting darker, and the original fans are getting older, I think it would make a lot more sense to put the trailer in front of a highly anticipated movie. I know I’m not going to see animated Star Wars Clones, even if the HP trailer is in front of it. I just think this is cheap marketing on WB’s part and I would love to see it, instead, in front of The Dark Knight when I see it later this month, but that’s just me.

Avatar Image says:

|| , thanks for the info.

Avatar Image says:

Just for everyone’s knowledge that seems to loathe Star Wars. The movie is a starter for a tv series that is coming out in the fall. Its based on the Clone Wars due to the SUCCESS of the Clone Wars cartoon that were shown on tv between episodes 2 and 3.

And Dementor – you obviously were not alive when Star Wars came out. Why did Star Wars take off? Because like Harry Potter it was something unique when it came out and it blew the human race out of the water. And in truth, the movie industry at the time was pretty much crap and was dying a slow painful death.

BTW, 90% of the Star Wars fans I know read and love the HP series. And I know a LOT Of Star Wars fans. We have spent many a nights discussing both series and loving both series online, in person, over IM’s everything. Its really annoying how much a majority of HP fans hate any other fandom out there. Or even want to acknowledge that other fandoms exist.

And the attitude on the boards is another reason why I quit being active in the HP fandom. I came here to read an interesting article to only once again see bashing on another fandom by HP fans.

BTW, I will be at the opening of the new Clone Wars movies with my friends in costume, raising money for charity and it won’t be to see the trailer for the next HP movie, since I think hated the last one and think this one will be just as bad.

Avatar Image says:

LOL Hum, I’ll be lookin. And this one dosen’t look half bad at all. Course, I was around when Star Wars came out, I remember what my Folks said ‘No, we cant afford it right now’ Well, hence the fact I work for NASA, (Yes, I have been inside the Space Shuttle before, for those who are wondering.) I can go in and go see it, Some reason I wasn’t to excited about OOTP, Some reason I am excited for HBP, Why? Because HPB was to be the second best of them (Only second to Deathly Hallows, Which I pray to god that John Williams Composes.)

Avatar Image says:

you went to far this time Dementor, for shame.

Avatar Image says:

I agree Ed Tom, David Yates did a wonderful job with OoTP, best movie in the series.

Avatar Image says:

I hate Star wars, but im soo watching it if the trailers in it :-D

Avatar Image says:

Hum, I’m a Star Wars fan. I may not be a huge of a fan as yourself, but I am a big fan of the orginal three films. I personally am not interested in many of the earlier story lines because I never cared for the characters. I care about Luke, Leah, Han, etc. But Anakin’s fate is sealed, so it’s hard for me to cheer him on when I know what he’ll become.

I fully expect the hardcore SW fandom to be out in full force for this movie. However, I don’t believe it will appeal to many others outside that fandom. Most of the hostility on these comments aren’t directed at the Star Wars World itself, but at WB’s marketing strategies this time around. I think most HP fans feel slighted by the lack of promotion HBP has received so far, and many, including myself, believed the wait was because we would see a trailer in front of the biggest movie of the summer: Dark Knight. To be honest, we still don’t have a confirmation from WB that this trailer will be seen in front of Clone Wars. So, once again, we’re still waiting for WB to give us some news.

So no one is bashing the Star Wars fandom. Why would we do that? We’re just saying that we aren’t looking forward to the new animated movie. That’s all. Saying you’re not interested in a movie is not the same thing as saying we hate a particular fandom.

Avatar Image says:

To people like Naussy, who predict The Clone Wars cartoon feature will be a bomb. Were you born under the sign of Moron? Honestly, I know you probably have minimal interests outside of Harry Potter, but you do not represent the world at large. People will be eating, sleeping & enjoying Star Wars for decades to come because it is a sustainable commercial property. Lucas, unlike Rowling, sees the benefit of allowing other authors access to his creation & there are dozens of novels & other tie-ins that have expanded the Star Wars universe. There will be none of that with HP. Sadly?

If there was a Potter cartoon, you’d be wetting yourselves. Remember that.

Avatar Image says:

SPF, I think Harry Potter fans are perfectly happy with the world JKR created. Thanks.

And yes, if an animated Harry Potter feature was in the works I’m sure we’d be interested, but would any one else be? I think that is the point that many HP fans are trying to make: Clone Wars is a niche movie. The Star Wars fandom will come out to see it, but will the rest of the world? This is teh same question HP fans are worried about in regards to Half-Blood Pince. With the lack of promotion, will none members of the HP community come out to see the 6th movie if it’s not promoted out of the wazoo?

That’s our concern. No one is bashing your fandom.

Avatar Image says:

I like Star Wars and Harry Potter both. I understand both of there worlds equally. Actually I understand and know more about Harry Potter but I am also a big Star Wars fangirl. I do like the classics better than the new trilolgy, but that doesnt mean I think they are bad- we needed to know the beginning somehow. I dont really care for the 2D animation on cartoon network, but this 3D stuff does look alittle interesting. Oh and if I havent mentioned I love Darth Vader. Its the dressed in all black with a sexy voice thing( hence my HP love Snape). Pretty sure knowing me I’ve said it a million times . But anyone notice that we are all just talking and whining about nothing- if WB would just give us the dang trailer we wouldnt be repeating ourselves and going in circles.

Avatar Image says:

SPF Harry Potter were created as books. It’s a totally different ballgame having other authors write Rowlings world.

mollywobble there are quite a few post bashing the Star Wars fandom.

Harry Potter is big enough not to need The dark Knight. And a preview of HP 6 in that film isn’t going to make adults go see the movie if they have a misconeption that Harry is for kids. No matter how good the trailer. Now I would love to have it during that movie but I don’t think the marketing is going mash. HP6 is dark on many levels but it’s also very teen drama and I feel that is the way the movie will be marketed. They will only touch on the dark that is throughout the film but really comes out at the end. Now I think they should market the movie both ways but I feel WB thinks of Harry as a franchise for kids and a growing teen and young adult one.

I think the WB could be better off getting many spots across a number of tv networks. Perhaps during the big Olympics events. To get young adults and older teens perhaps during the teen choice awards and during the premiere of shows that are targeted for these age groups. And to do massive online marketing. Online is where the teens and young adults are these days.

Avatar Image says:

I’m NOT bashing the SW fandom. I was just stating my OPINION on the SW movies! I have NO problems with SW fans. My father is a huge SW fan! I buy him SW stuff to decorate his office with! And I do love Episode 3 of the SW movies if you had read back and not focused on my most recent post. I’ve been saying all kinds but you choose to say I’m bashing because I state my opinion? Oh please. Get a grip.

Oh and people that say HP fans can’t like other fandoms and bash them. I LOVE Lord of the Rings. My room is filled with both LotR and HP and a lot of other stuff! Just because someone doesn’t like one series does not mean they don’t like them all.

And no, I was not born when SW came out. But I grew up with SW in my childhood because of my father. Guess you missed that post as well. I know that it was different during the time it came out. I just don’t like Episode 4. I find it boring. I can see the reason why people would go back, to see more amazing graphic and stuff that have never been shown before. As I said, I am a modern kind of guy. That is why I like Episode 3 so much. Please do not be so judgmental. I am not doing it to you, so don’t do it to me or anyone else on Leaky. Thanks.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, If you consider, “I hate SW” posts bashing the fandom, stop. Not everyone is going to like what you like. Get over it.

Avatar Image says:

Tarotx, bashing a film franchise and bashing a fandom are two completely different things. For instance, I hate Twilight, because I think it’s poorly written. However, I’m not going to bash their fandom and the people who like the book (unless they tell me I’m a horrible person for not liking the book, which happens). Same goes for Star Wars. You can dislike the movies, but that still doesn’t mean some one hates the Star Wars fandom.

Have some of the posts here been immature? Yes. Saying you hate Star Wars and acting like it’s the end of the world is over the top. But I haven’t read a post where someone said, “Anyone who is a Star Wars fan is out of their mind.”

I think people have every right to worry about whether or not Clone Wars will have a large audience, considering their has been very little hype surrending the film outside of the Star Wars fandom. I hope that the hardcore Star Wars fans prove me wrong.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, thank mollywobble, I forgot another fandom I’m part of, The Twilight series.

But I accept your opinion mollywobble. I do not consider that bashing. You have your opinion and I have mine. The opinion I have is that you enjoy what you like, and I’ll enjoy what I like. And share the enjoyment of stuff we both like.

Now, how hard was that?

Avatar Image says:

Something I forgot to add, The “Now how hard was that?” Means, how hard was it for me to accept her opinion and move on? Not very. She said “Twilight is poorly written.” Ok, that is fine with me. We all have opinions. I’m not going to yell at you and tell you that you are wrong and you must have read it wrong.

So yeah, if I can do it, so can you. Accept other people’s opinions and move on.

Avatar Image says:

I like Vampires but in MY OPINION, hint hint, ( we and alot of people on the internet really need to learn to respect personal preferences.Trust me its waaaay worse on other places.) But I agree with mollywobble I dont like Twilight either, I have tried reading the first one and it just doesnt excite me. Im not just saying this but I dont know if it really will become the next HP- because Humbly, this is a pretty big Phenomenon. They’re building a theme park for Gods sake. Looking back at when I first read Harry Potter in 97, I would never have guessed it would come to all of what it has. Way to go JO! who knows though? we never know the future.

Avatar Image says:

I will seriously be upset if this ISN’T true. But I thought there was confirmation on the 15 second teaser in front of Dark Knight in iMax? Well, there better be SOMETHING soon, cause it’s getting close.

Avatar Image says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucas spent tons of money to get the Harry Potter trailer before his crap movie just to ensure SOMEONE goes to see it. Star Wars fans are sick of Lucas ruining everything he touches, and he knows the only way to get more money for his already overflowing bank account is to lure in the fans of the next biggest thing: Harry Potter. If this rumor turns out to be true, then screw you, Lucas. I’ll wait for it to come out online.

Avatar Image says:

Another fansite (Mugglenet) is reporting the contents of the 15 second teaser before the imax ’ The Dark Knight’.

Avatar Image says:

I saw that Scully. Sounds interesting. Though not the line I really wanted but it sounds enjoyable.

Avatar Image says:

I hope it is true, it would be sweet to see a trailer!

Avatar Image says:

Heidi, THIS MOVIE IS NOT DIRECTED BY GEORGE LUCAS!!!!!! I WILL REPEAT! THIS MOVIE IS NOT DIRECTED BY GEORGE LUCAS!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I dont uderstand it! No one will see Star Wars animated! (No offense to those going to see it) But it is not going to attrack a large audience! Dark Knight makes much more sense. I just hope they put it online and tv right around that date.

Signed, Cant wait Forever

Avatar Image says:

alright people. i have read 7 pages of comments and come up with several comments. if you care to read…

1). omg Dementor, you first comment…fell out of chair laughing…saved it on a Word doccument

2) though ive heard a lot of good arguments, still think dark knight would be better choice. it was WAY more publicised—i saw stuff on TV, pop up adds, Tshirts, billboards. basically it was everywhere and everyone knew about it. i like star wars pretty much. like the movies and would love to see and new star wars. i heard nothing about this movie. nothing. had no idea. 1st time i heard of it was on Leaky. but if we dont hear about it, why would people go???

3) and people, people, calm down. were calling the new star wars movie corny and stupid b/c its animated doesnt mean all animated movies are stupid. all pixar movies, and any others were great. but star wars and animated just dont mix. it doest work. animation works w/ toy story and monsters inc and stuff, but not the intense battle stuff that is star wars’ trademark

im done. complain all you want now!!! :D vive xe

Avatar Image says:

LOL! Thanks taylor! I should save that as well.

Avatar Image says:

Now there saying that the trailer for HP, HBP is with The Mummy 3. Which is it WB? Star Wars or The Mummy 3?

Avatar Image says:

I think it was confirmed the Mummy.

Avatar Image says:

Scully are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite? Same goes to you Dementor.

Avatar Image says:

yes it does say now on Snitchseeker that its confirmed by WB mexico that a teaser will be in front of the Mummy 3. Better come quick because my and everyones patience is already out the door and down the street.

Avatar Image says:

TRAILER NEWS!!! SnitchSeeker and BlogHogwarts are reporting confirmation of the trailer being in front of Mummy 3!!!

“Warner Bros. Mexico has confirmed to BlogHogwarts that the official teaser trailer for Half-Blood Prince will be released on August 1, 2008, where it will be attached to the forthcoming The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor. We are currently unaware of the online release date for the trailer, and will update with more information about the teaser when we receive information.”

Now, please tell me this is not just in Mexico, but…

WHOOHOOOO!!! FINALLY!!

Avatar Image says:

Whoops, looks like people already say the news, LOL, I am late! Oh, well, I ma just excited that there is now evidently some OFFICIAL news out there. About time.

Avatar Image says:

Good news about the teaser. @Dementor : when our old friend posts do you feel a shudder like me? I think it’s the IQ average here at Leaky plummeting! @Ed Tom : woof, woof.

Avatar Image says:

no, it’s not just in Mexico, thankfully! I’m wondering why none of the mainstream fansites (Leaky, MuggleNet, etc.) are reporting it? Are they all asleep? Ah, well, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Avatar Image says:

Is it the full trailer for the HP,HPB attatched to the Mummy 3 or is it Star Wars?

Avatar Image says:

I’ve been let down so much today, I want to belive this is true… Not that i’ll watch that tripe (the new CG star wars) but I’ll finally get to see it online… At least no more than 2 or 3 days after the Star Wars release…

Avatar Image says:

Was just on Mugglenet and they say it is not considered an “official” report until the statement is given by WB US, so I guess we are still waiting. Given that WB Mexico is still WB I am not sure why we can’t classify it as official now, but I am feeling pretty confident, finally. Interesting also that the WB Mexico report says “teaser trailer” still; I think a lot of us were under the impression that we might get the FULL trailer, now that they have waited so long to release anything. Hmmm…

Avatar Image says:

// did say to expect some HBP news ‘on or around the 16th’, so I guess this could be it.

Avatar Image says:

Where did / / say that? I remember reading it I just can’t remember where…

Avatar Image says:

Dave, it’s on page 6 of the comments.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah but // never said it would be in front of Mummy though. Mugglenet had mentioned it on their sites a week or so ago. Hmm. We’ll see. I won’t believe it until Leaky or Mugglenet have official word here in the states (just because it’s released in Mexico doesn’t mean it will be released in the US ).

Considering this news comes from WB Mexico, is Clone Wars being distributed in Mexico? Is it possible that this trailer in front of Mummy is just an international trailer?

Avatar Image says:

Nevermind. Just checked out WB Mexico’s site and Clone Wars does come out on the 15th. So yeah, we’ll just have to wait I guess.

Avatar Image says:

”@Dementor : when our old friend posts do you feel a shudder like me? I think it’s the IQ average here at Leaky plummeting!”

@Scully: We must have physic connection or something cause I know exactly what you’re talking about! I had forgotten about him until I was talking to him in the Tom Felton news. Told me I was lame and he didn’t like me. I told him that was shared.

And yep! I was going to post it but I thought people would yell at me! XD

PS: Ed Tom, I bite. ; D

Avatar Image says:

Dementor, my initial response to our friend was because of rants aimed at you that were subsequently deleted. I’ve no problem with differing views, it’d be dull otherwise. I do [and always will] have problems with those who claim their views or side of a debate is the only valid one. THE TRUTHIS OUT THERE (I’ve been dying to say that) but not from me or anyone else here. I’ll try to stay on topic from now on (no promises!)

Avatar Image says:

“because of rants aimed at you that were subsequently deleted.”

@Scully: There were rants aimed at me that were deleted? Oh my! I wonder what they said. And why they were deleted? Didn’t want a fuss I guess.

I love differing view points as well. I don’t see that anyone is right or wrong. They just have opinions. Not everyone will agree and the sooner people learn that the better it will be. There is really no need to be rude about it.

hint hint Ed Tom

Avatar Image says:

WB Brazil has also confirmed that the HBP trailer will be released with Mummy 3, according to http://www.oclumencia.com.br/. They also say that the trailer will be released with Clone Wars in Brazil.

Avatar Image says:

I CANT WAIT FOR A TRAILOR! i agree with some previous comments, why would you put the trailor on an ANIMATED show!! They should release it with TDK. Much more anticipated film by far and only young families will go to see the Clone Wars!

Avatar Image says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!. Cant wait. That gives me time to reread the books. lol haha

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME NEWS! But attached to a Star Wars movie? Well, at least I’m going to see the full – lenght trailer! Thank God! I’ve being waiting for so long!! But i refuse to watch the Star Wars movie.

Avatar Image says:

I have seen the teaser trailer on youtube and IT is just that a very short teaser trailer…it comes with a black screen and Dumbledore speaking to Harry…the music we all know is playing, and basically it tells us when the film is coming out…was kind of dissapointing, but still had me jumping up and down…WB’s must be getting closer to letting us see a full trailer! If you go to Youtube, look up Harry Potter et la…and it will pop up!

Write a Reply or Comment