Actor Jim Tavare Competes to be Last Comic Standing

116

Jul 14, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Jim Tavare, who portrayed Tom the innkeeper of The Leaky Cauldron pub in the “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” film, has been expanding his talents in competing on the NBC reality show, “Last Comic Standing,” on which he is now among the 12 finalists. The object of the show is to find the funniest comics from around the world and compete in Las Vegas, Nevada for the ultimate prize of being the last comic standing after the viewing audience votes. This is not the first time Mr. Tavare has participated in a humorous endeavor, for readers will remember Mr. Tavare was kind enough to join TLC in our 2004 April Fools’ joke where he took control of this Cauldron for a day of fun and foolishness. Clips and previews featuring Mr. Tavare from the show are available via NBC.com, as are full episodes. A slight caution for parents, some material from the show may be unsuitable for younger viewers. Congratulations to Jim!

21 Responses to Actor Jim Tavare Competes to be Last Comic Standing

That’s interesting…

Avatar Image says:

I thought he looked familiar.

2nd!Cool

Avatar Image says:

It was nice to see him without the heavy makeup. Although his clip was very brief, I thought it was amusing.

Avatar Image says:

I thought he looked familiar.

2nd!

Cool. :)

Avatar Image says:

I can’t believe I didn’t make this connection sooner! I love LCS and I hope he makes it to the top five!

Avatar Image says:

I totally did not make that connection but he has been quite funny on LCS so far. Now I have a favorite. Though I already thought he was the funniest in last weeks competition.

Avatar Image says:

I apologize for my sloppy typing. That should be “week’s” not “weeks”.

Avatar Image says:

I was wondering when the fandom would take notice of this – he’s been on for a couple of weeks now.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah, Jim is one of my favorites on LCS, now I like him even more! Thanks for posting, I don’t know if I would have ever made that connection on my own.

Avatar Image says:

Awesome! And did anyone else catch the fact that the duo God’s Pottery made a comment about how he looks like Voldemort last week? Ha ha! The Harry Potter connections are everywhere!

Avatar Image says:

wait wait wait wait. you mean the hunch back????? vive xe

Avatar Image says:

I remembered his name and I knew that I have seen him before, but I didn’t for the life of me make the connection. He is one of the funniest on LCS this season.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I already like him before I even knew who he was! I knew he looked familiar.

Avatar Image says:

I saw Jim on LCS and he had that lovely British humor that we love in the US. His “violin” was cute and the Titanic/Jaws Theme joke was hilarious. If you are familiar with the show, there are a couple of tough comics this season. I think he has the potential to go far and I hope he does because he is really funny. It will be nice to see him in the finals. If he doesn’t win, I hope he stays and provides us with his humor on a sitcom. He’ll do great here. If you cannot see the shows, the entire episodes are played on NBC.com. Good luck Jim!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope he does well, and not just because of his HP connection. I genuinely think he’s the funniest one on the show. Go Jim!

That’s great!* Congrats, Mr. Tavare!*

Avatar Image says:

Ah, so that’s where I’ve seen him before. He’s a hoot, and I was thrilled to see he’d gotten into the next level. I’ll keep watching for him!

Avatar Image says:

Check out Jim’s myspace page www.myspace.com/jimtavare to watch clips of the show.

Or just for fun, join the facebook group ‘Jim Tavaré for Last Comic Standing!’

Write a Reply or Comment