HBP Trailer Watch: Latest Report on a Teaser Attached to The Mummy?

115

Jul 15, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

There is another installment today in the continuing saga and wait for any sort of trailer for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Last night our friends at Bloghogwarts let us a know a rep for WB Mexico gave them a tip that teaser trailer was due here in the US on August 1, attached to “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.” Today comes word from Oclumencia, that they have received notice from WB Brazil saying the same thing regarding an August 1st teaser trailer here in the US. Finally, Potterish let us know that in Brazil, they will see a teaser attached to “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” when it opens on August 15.

As interesting as all of this is, it should be stated that official word from Warner Brothers here in US, UK or elsewhere has not yet been issued regarding any sort of a trailer, either a teaser or the heavily rumored main trailer, here in the States and/or Europe, and we will update with an official US WB confirmation when it happens.

Also, it would seem those reports about a tiny teaser before the IMAX trailer are indeed true, as AintitCool.com and multiple readers have owled to say what is actually airing is not a ‘trailer’ unfortunately, but rather 15 seconds of simply the “Half-Blood Prince” logo on a black screen (no footage at all), with a voice saying “Coming in IMAX this fall with some scenes in 3-D.” Alas. Thus, we continue our watch for trailer news and will update once we get something more concrete from WB US.

Thanks Alejandro Oclumencia and Potterish!

84 Responses to HBP Trailer Watch: Latest Report on a Teaser Attached to The Mummy?

Avatar Image says:

I hope this is true! Come on US and UK WB!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m getting tired of all these rumors! Please WB tell us when the trailer is really coming out!

Avatar Image says:

We just want the trailer! Come on… Twilight’s teasers been out for a while now… and that movie is out in December… (I sould like a whiney kid don’t I..ha Harry will do that some times….) We want a trailer…in front of any movie..just come on… : |

Avatar Image says:

i’m starting to wonder if there will be a trailer…

Avatar Image says:

I´m brazilian, but I´m not seeing star wars just for the trailer, unless I hear something good about the movie. I´ll just watch is online anyways, so I guess it´s about time WB makes an official announcement. I´ve re-read book 6 and I´m almost done with 7 too, I can´t wait anymore!!!

Avatar Image says:

I never expected more than that on the Imax “teaser”. I dont know what I hope for anymore for the real teaser/regular trailer. none of the movies mentioned hold much interest for me (except Batman), and I dont fancy paying for a movie I dont want to see, just to see the trailer.

Twilights teaser? what was that attached to? I’ve seen a few movies recently and didnt see a Twilight trailer (Tho I dont know really how interested in that I am yet… havent read the books).

Avatar Image says:

Poor Sue !! How tired she must be with all her tireless research into this trailer rumor mill. Her poor eyes must be bleeding ! Hang in there Sue !

There never was much hope for a full trailer in front of TDK. I seem to remember very cleary that the trailer for POA was released in front of….Looney Tunes – The Movie. * rolls eyes * And we didn’t even have our precious ” Looney Luna Lovegood” intro yet to even make it kinda cute…

Yes, I think in front of an animated film to soothe all the soccer moms little Billys and Susies is where our trailer will be. And I love Star Wars – just not animated.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! Hopefully trailer coming soon! Wait but do we have to see the movie, The Mummy or whatsit called to see the trailer? Will it appear online the same day?

Please let this be the day, please WarnerBrothers!

Thx leaky for update on trailer news.

Avatar Image says:

The film is out in 4 months and still no freakin teaser trailer… has WB lost their minds? Sigh.

Avatar Image says:

I doubt that it’s a teaser that late. It must be a full-length one.

Avatar Image says:

All of these rumors have just made me less excited about the trailer because WB isn’t confirming or denying anything. They need to get it together and tell the fans some information instead of allowing all of these rumors to continue.

Avatar Image says:

Please let this be the day, please WarnerBrothers!

Thx leaky for update on trailer news.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve pretty much just stopped caring. We’ll get it when we get it. Bring on Mamma Mia this friday! :D

Avatar Image says:

Will they release the blasted trailer already? The movie’s in four months. Loving the updates, btw.

Avatar Image says:

Good grief! I want it to be true. This is killing me!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

It’s hard to believe this, or even care anymore, after all the dang dissapointments. You would think WB would realindze this is making fans mad and turned off, Not excited. : \

Avatar Image says:

Ugh, I won’t see The Mummy even for Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

I sent this news in two days ago, and now its up and I get no credit? =P

Avatar Image says:

There is a trailer attatched to Dark Night digital version for the cinemas that use a digital player. The trailer reels haven’t been delivered to the non-digital cinemas yet, alothough it is supposed to be similar. HAVE FUN!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is getting to be a really bad joke.

Avatar Image says:

I hope this is true, as it’s coming out two weeks before clone wars.

Avatar Image says:

you ever think that the entire fandom is just being punk’d?

seriously, WB, what are you doing to us? we’re dying here without a trailer!

Avatar Image says:

I am pretty confident about this “rumor” this time, personally. Warner Bros Mexico is still WB, it should know what is going on. I hope. I have rented Mummy 1 & 2 in anticipation! Not of the movie itself, that much, but if I am going to go see the darn thing I want to have the backstory, LOL. If it is terrible I can just relive the trailer in my mind over an dover until the movie is finished, then jet home and hopefully catch it again online. Gotta love the internet!

Avatar Image says:

The Mummy seems so boring, but I guess I`m gonna have to go see it. :P Oh the things I`ll do for Harry Potter …

Avatar Image says:

Lol LemonFaerie! :) I don`t think I`ll go as far as watch The Mummy series. :( I really want to, but I don’t think I could handle it. I watched the trailer for it … and um, let’s just say I fell asleep. :[ I could just go watch the trailer & get out, because I won this ticket for a free movie…. That’s a good idea. :) But like you said, just play the trailer over & over in my head. :D

Avatar Image says:

And the rumor mill keeps rolling along. ^^ I really hope one of them is actually true though I will only be seeing the trailers online so it really doesn’t matter to me what movie the trailer is in front of.

Avatar Image says:

Are you effing me? Just a TEASER?!! C’mon. The movie will be three months away at that point. We should be at full blown trailer by now. Are they just deciding to screw the trailer all together or something? That’s just so ridiculous. Nobody’s really excited about the teaser now, we’re all just really pissed. If it is a full teaser they give us in August, I’ll be very tempted to send WB a long letter filled with lots of swears. And maybe hex them. Just… gahhh.

Avatar Image says:

Umm… I think by “teaser” they just mean the first trailer, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will be teaser-length. And even if it is just a teaser, that’s 1:30-2:00 minutes of footage.

Avatar Image says:

pardon me while i write and twitch with anger vive xe

Avatar Image says:

As a fan of The Mummy, I was going to see it anyway…and I truly can’t wait to see The Clone Wars (I was really disappointed with the prequels). It is discouraging that we haven’t seen a single frame of teaser/trailer…I’ve gone to the movies at least once every weekend for about a month (on purpose, too) and am just waiting to fall out of my seat when I finally see the trailer…

Here’s hoping it’s with The Dark Knight!

Avatar Image says:

I’m just waiting for Ashton Kutcher to burst through the door saying, “You’ve been PUNK’d!!!! The trailer has been out for months!”

Avatar Image says:

I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth, really good movie, unfortunately for me, no option for the 3-D where I live, you can really tell it was made to be seen in 3-D, any who the Starwars clone wars trailer was attached, it didn’t really look all that great, if you saw the ones that were on cartoon network three to four years ago I think they looked better than this computer animated thing that they are coming out with. I will probably wait for that to come on TV before I watch it, I am however going to go watch the Mummy movie…totally a Brendan Fraser theme here…anyway the past Mummy movies have been good, I wish Rachel Weisz was in it, but with the brother character and “Rick” then I am hoping for the best. I will probably watch the trailer online though, there is no telling when I would be able to go see another movie, I unfortunately live in a small town and the nearest large movie theater is an hour of driving in any direction. We have a 5 screen theater that shows most movies for a week before switching out, they only show at weird times and are cash only so I am never prepared and I have missed my chance.

Avatar Image says:

If this ends up here more than once I am sorry, issues with the internets.

I just saw Journey to the Center of the Earth, really good movie, unfortunately for me, no option for the 3-D where I live, you can really tell it was made to be seen in 3-D, any who the Starwars clone wars trailer was attached, it didn’t really look all that great, if you saw the ones that were on cartoon network three to four years ago I think they looked better than this computer animated thing that they are coming out with. I will probably wait for that to come on TV before I watch it, I am however going to go watch the Mummy movie…totally a Brendan Fraser theme here…anyway the past Mummy movies have been good, I wish Rachel Weisz was in this new one, but with the brother character and “Rick” then I am hoping for the best. I will probably watch the HBP trailer online though, there is no telling when I would be able to go see another movie, I unfortunately live in a small town and the nearest large movie theater is an hour of driving in any direction. We have a 5 screen theater that shows most movies for a week before switching out, they only show at weird times and are cash only so I am never prepared and I have missed my chance.

Avatar Image says:

I have to be honest and say that it’s hard for me to get excited over this. I appreciate all of Sue’s hard work (way to go Sue!), but this is like the fifth or sixth (maybe more) time they’ve said what it was going to open in front of! First I think it was Prince Caspian, then it was Get Smart, then Hancock, then Dark Knight, then Star Wars (ugh, you can’t make me watch Clone Wars), and now the Mummy! Of course I won’t see the Mummy because of the HBP trailer (I mean, I love Brendan Fraser, but the Mummy looks creepy). I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I would like a sure release date. I suppose that the bright side of this is that when the trailer actually does come out, we’ll all be more ecstatic than normal! :D

Avatar Image says:

I heard that A few movie critics saw the movie and said, no joke. ‘That was the best one since the 80s’ – Rotten tomatoes. Star Wars; Clone wars that is.

Avatar Image says:

Guys, chill. Even if it’s a “teaser” it doesn’t mean it won’t also be awesome. Remember the Iron Man teaser? I thought that was better than the final trailer!

Besides, WB’s got a lot of other films on their plate that they need to sell, and let’s face it—by this point HP’s got all the fanbase it needs to become an instant blockbuster. Hell, I’ve been dissatisfied with most of the films, and even I’m still going to see HBP opening night. So WB choosing to put a Watchmen trailer before TDK is not a slight against HP or its fans.

Here’s anticipating the (already announced) Watchmen trailer with TDK!

Avatar Image says:

I just got a FREE movie ticket to the Mummy 3 so I certainly hope this is true. I was going to go to it anyway. I love the mummy movies. I think they are so cool and action packed and suspenseful. I saw Journey to The Center of the Earth in 3D and it was mind blowing, really cool how it came out at you. I love star wars as well its my second favorite fanbase next to HP but I would rather see the trailer attached to the Mummy 3 than the Clone Wars- actually I’ll take anything- just give us the bloody trailer already WB your sorry bunch of gits! Sorry But Im slowly turning into Bellatrix the more and more they dont give us something. I want to Crucio them to get it out.

Avatar Image says:

P.S. By the way my computer was just being slow and that made me think of what a nightmare its going to be like on the internet when the trailer is finally up on it. We will all want to watch it at the same time and it wont be fast enough because we are all trying to launch it. HA, LOL- we’ll all be cursing and pulling are hair out. OH boy- yah that will be good.

Avatar Image says:

BellaSnape; whats so bad about Clone Wars? To me Mummy 3 looks Sucky. Shoot, people already seen Clone Wars and Liked it.

Avatar Image says:

Well, they all have something in common at least. That the trailer, however big or small it may be, may be coming out sometime in August.

Avatar Image says:

WB please just tell us when you will debut the trailer!!!!! I’m sick and tired of waiting, first rumors of Narnia, then Get Smart, then Dark Knight, BLAH!!!

Avatar Image says:

WB coulda been smart to show HP6 trailer in front of The Dark Knight so that everyone could see it, but no they go ahead and choose to show last years trailer in front of Happy Feet, and this years trailer in front of Mummy 3, or Clone Wars, all movies I don’t have desire to see.

Avatar Image says:

WB coulda been smart to show HP6 trailer in front of The Dark Knight so that everybody could then see it in front of the most highly-anticipated film of the summer and possibly the year. But no, they go ahead and choose to show last years HP trailer in front of Happy Feet, and now this years HP trailer in front of Mummy 3, or Clone Wars, all movies I have no desire to see.

Avatar Image says:

Give WB and HP a break. I just think that this film is on a really tight time table. They just finished filming in May and only have 6 months from end of filming to show time to get this movie ready plus the website has not gone up and the poster and CGI has to be done. Maybe they want some of the footage from the May filming to be in the trailer. I mean some of you wanted this trailer to come out before filming ended or less than a month after filming ended. Maybe other movies that don’t come out until Dec. got there trailers out because they need to or because they finished filming before HBP. I just am getting so annoyed with all these fans who keep yelling about ever aspect of this franchise. It is just a trailer it will be released when it is released and most of us will watch it on the web anyway. I rather them take there time and make it good then rush it because of a bunch of whinny fans.

Avatar Image says:

On a tech forum I frequent, one of my friends wrote this in regards to seeing Batman on Friday: “I’m checking out the 8:45 IMAX on Saturady night in GR.

Ok, for the like 2 people who care, the trailers are as follows:

Standard: Terminator Salvation, The Watchmen (144 sec) and Body of Lies (the new Ridley Scott flick)

IMAX: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and The Watchmen (135 sec) “

Note that is the Grand Rapids, MI Celebration Cinema theater, Im not sure if that means it’ll be that way elsewhere…

Avatar Image says:

The HBP trailer is like unicorns – it’s not real.

And I dig that they want to make a decent trailer, but would it kill somebody to give us, like, 30 seconds of the movie? That’s all I’m asking. They have to have 30 viable seconds.

It’s just withdrawls from the books, I think, that are making people lose it on this. We have no more books, so we have to cling to the movies.

Avatar Image says:

I know I’m in the minority here, but the lack of information is increasing my excitement for HBP.

Avatar Image says:

Actually Scully, i feel the same way. As much as it is annoying me to go through this trough-and-peak emotional process with every mention of a possible trailer, it’s annoying me in an exciting way. Like waiting for Santa Claus to come, you know? We’re still going to be obsessed and ecstatic and irritable no matter how long the gap is between the trailer and the movie. I just hope the trailer ends up being really worth the wait and stirs up a whole lot of excitement in the fan community. I’m so looking forward to the day that it comes out….every time I log on to the internet and Leaky pops up, I hold my breath just waiting to see if there’s a trailer announcement….. Oh well, we should just enjoy this while we can. Anticipation is half the fun, right?

Avatar Image says:

Anticipation is only half the fun when you have something on which to base that anticipation….

Avatar Image says:

you know this is actually a very SMART marketing campaign. They are teasing us by not teasing us. Letting the froth on the side of our mouths build until we explode. Quite smart. It is like when you told your mother that the kids were calling you names at school, and she said they are only doing it to get a rise out of you. She told you to ignore them and you did and they stopped. It is about attention. How many people do you think are eagerly and earnestly awaiting this trailer and this movie? The more we beg for a trailer and the more we post the more anticipation is built with even not so big fans of the series. They see the reports on Yahoo and and other news sites about the Fandom going nuts for a trailer. Great marketing campaign WB… with all that said, come on already I want to see a trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Like pretty much everyone else, I’m sick of all these RUMOURS. I wish WB would give us something CONFIRMED! How frigging hard is it to give and exact date?

Avatar Image says:

Like pretty much everyone else, I’m sick of all these RUMOURS. I wish WB would give us something CONFIRMED! How frigging hard is it to give an exact date?

Avatar Image says:

I thought it was going to debut with the ‘Dark Knight’. Is that off the cards now? I’m so desperate for this trailer but you’re all absolutely right. It’s absence in cinemas has been very pronounced. Every time I go to the cinema, I pray that it will just air but it never does. Many times when I’ve been to the cinema, I’ve heard people talking about Harry Potter. People who don’t check the internet for release dates, they get their info from the cinema. One thing is for sure, when HBP is finally released, it will be madness at the Box Office. I reckon this one will take way more than the rest of them….

Avatar Image says:

I joked a few weeks ago, that we’ll probably get it when we’re all right in the middle of Terminus…and Leaky will set up a staffer with a laptop in the Lobby where 100s of fans will be squeeing together seems, like that is indeed coming true…

Avatar Image says:

I’ve had enough. WB should have gave us something ages ago. The movie comes out in 4 Months for gods sake and we’ve still got nothing.

This is the longest wait ever…

Avatar Image says:

i hope the UK WB will announce the official date soon..since mexico has theirs.US and UK should have long ago released theirs.

Avatar Image says:

I saw Mummy 3 at a preview screening and its awful, its does not hold a candle to the other two films. I suggest you wait for the teaser trailer online instead of wasting your money on this film.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, 100%, with hinkypunkmum. Sue, you are a saint, for wading through all the “rumors” and dealing with the Fan disappointment. I think we’ll all be “rewarded”, in the end, though. Call it wishful thinking, naivete or just plain stupid, but I think that WB will make an announcement [an OFFICIAL announcement] very soon…like in the next few days. With any kind of luck, it will be on the ‘Dark Knight’. Or the ‘Star Wars’ movie [NOT looking forward to that little piece of animation, BTW] Where ever it “turns up”, I’m pretty sure we won’t be disappointed. I like to think that, as was earlier rumored, it will be a “full on trailer” and not a “teaser”...I think we’ve had enough “teasing” already! JMHO

Avatar Image says:

Ok, Alatarielle…In the middle of Terminius…on a laptop….! THAT’S scary. But what an interesting thought. Go a “step” further…at the SAN DIEGO COMIC CON! (yikes). Still, all that said, a lot of people have a lot of feeling, about this. I also agree with erict. It’s a great marketing strategy. But, please, WB! Give us something [besides “High Res Stills”]

Avatar Image says:

Kyle and Peter- what may be suckey or bad to you guys someone else might like so just keep that in mind that we all have different views. Kyle – I never said there was something wrong with the Clone Wars- I just dont think there is any more Star Wars story to tell. Besides like I said I want to see the Mummy 3, it looks awsome to me.

Avatar Image says:

If I was Warner Bros, I’d keep this train rolling as long as possible, the anticipation of this trailer grows/angers with every disappointment. I do believe it’s all part of the marketing plan. Mark my words though: come Deathly Hallows marketing time… we’re going to get BUGGER ALL! Probably absolutely nothing until 2 months before the first part

Avatar Image says:

It’s funny, so many people are saying “Where’s the trailer?! It’s out in 4 months! Are they crazy?”

Clearly they aren’t crazy- even without the trailer you all still know the release date.

Yeah, and I’m sure that everyone here will boycott the movie because there’s no trailer yet. Right. Sure. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Avatar Image says:

@margoooo…LOL ROF!!!! You hit it right on the head, m’dear! November 21 is going to be here, sooner than we think! It would be NICE, to have a trailer, but the MOVIE is four months away. Still ROF LOL!!!

Avatar Image says:

BTW and JFYI: ‘Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince’ opens, EXACTLY four months from Monday! :D

Hmmm…...

Avatar Image says:

Why does everybody want to see the best parts in the trailer and lose the surprise when you see the film? I’ve already heard about two big spoilers and I don’t want to know anymore. Next time somebody hears about how they changed what happens to a character, or that there is some new action scene, don’t post it in all CAPS which says “READ THIS NOW. IN THE NEW MOVIE …” Please use a spoiler warning. If WB releases info it’s not a spoiler. If someone posts part of a leaked script, it’s a spoiler.

Avatar Image says:

I hope that that is true, but why do they have to attch them to such crappy movies? Whats wrong with putting it on space chimps or journey 2 the center of the earth?

Avatar Image says:

I’m brazilian, but I won’t see Star Wars just for the trailer: I hate all that swords and spaces…! I’ll see it online. And WB should make an announcement to explain all this.

Avatar Image says:

I ‘M SO TIRED ABOUT ALL THE TEASER TRAILER RUMORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! COME ON WB WHAT IS HAPPENING????!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE A HUGE FANS ABOUT HP!! BUT MY COUSIN IS MORE OBSSESIVE WITH TWILIGHT..TWLIGHT HAS BETTER NEWS AND SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT ROCKS!! SO PLEASE BRING ON THE TEASER!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think that even if this is a marketing strategy, WB should have released some sort of a teaser Poster by now. Your hardcore fans will know when the movie is coming out and see it no matter what, but they still have a lot casual fans and non-book-readers that they need to reach with advertising. I’ve kind of lost my teaser anticipation, I don’t want to keep setting myself up for disappointment.

On a side note, I really hope that the interview circuts won’t be delayed too. I am in the mood to feed my Potter frenzie and let it be in full swing for the coming months until the movie is out.

Avatar Image says:

They should make pills for this. Seriously. I am in need of medication! I think I am becoming bipolar over this trailer, or maybe a split personality. A day or two ago I finally calmed down and figured, OK, it will be here when it gets here, there is nothing I can do about it, blah blah. That lasted about 30 seconds and now I am back to being totally impatient. Right now I would just be happy for WB US or UK to confirm this latest rumor (or not) just so we have a firm date to look forward to. That MIGHT hold me over for another 2 1/2 weeks. All this uncertainty is just… Driving. Me. MAD! As I am sure they intend.

What made it so much worse tonight was renting “Penelope” on DVD for my kids and seeing a “sneak peek” for “Twilight” on there. Which comes out AFTER Half Blood Prince. AFTER. The “Twilight” fans have had a trailer to gush or groan over for months and now there is this sneak peek and all sorts of other info out there. And we have… almost nothing. Yes, I am jealous.

Avatar Image says:

I thinks it’s so funny how many people are saying “but WB needs to reach a new audience!11!!” Because, um, NO. No, they don’t. Seriously. This is the 6th film in a 8 film franchise. All the previous films have raked in loads of money. They’re based on the most popular books of all time. WB probably feels very certain that this film will be a hit even if a trailer is never released.

Yes, Twilight’s already got a trailer out—because most people have really no idea what Twilight’s about. Twilight’s current audience is not really big enough to keep the studio satisfied, so they need to expand it, so they’re building up buzz early. HP already has the audience it’s going to have for the rest of the film series. I’m not surprised WB is focusing on their other films right now.

Avatar Image says:

A trailer? For HP6? No need to waste the money, actually, don’t you think?

Avatar Image says:

I swear to god I’m going to grow old and die before a teaser trailer comes out.

Avatar Image says:

August 15 is not that late, it could still be just a teaser, not a full trailer.

Avatar Image says:

Why can’t they put HP in front of a cool movie that I actually want to see? :(

Avatar Image says:

please hurry up warner brothers US and UK :):):):):)

Avatar Image says:

I may not be remembering correctly but didn’t the WB update the Harry Potter website shortly before they released the trailer for OOTP? For some reason I thought they had done that prior. The website hasn’t been updated yet, I’m waiting for that as a clear sign it’s coming soon.

Avatar Image says:

At this point I don’t care what movie it’s attached to! I was always going to see it on the internet anyway. If it’s not out by September I will be seriously worried.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see the actual movie.

Avatar Image says:

Whoops didn’t mean to do that twice.

Avatar Image says:

Don’t worry, the trailer WILL be out maybe before August 1, WB could release it a few days before online, as they did with the Terminator Salvation one.

Write a Reply or Comment