Registration and Rooms Open for LeakyCon!

Jul 19, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Great news today: Registration for LeakyCon 2009 is now open!

Tickets (which have been open to those who signed our e-mail list for about 12 hours) are going at a rapid clip so be sure to get yours early. The cost of the four-day conference is $165 through October 1.

ALSO, our block of rooms at our special discounted rate has been open, so make sure to you this link to get yours reserved! (You won’t be charged for the room until the actual event.) Up to four people can stay in a room for $189/night. You can also make a reservation via the phone at 617.426.2000; to ge the discounted rate you must say you are attending LeakyCon.

Registration to the conference includes access to all formal, informal and youth programming, the opening and closing feasts, and the ball.

LeakyCon 2009 will take place May 21-24, 2009, at the Boston Park Plaza in Boston, MA. Proceeds from the event (which will bring together some of the fandom’s most dedicated members to create a fun environment for us to learn, talk and play in) will benefit Book Aid International and the HP Alliance. For more information, visit the LeakyCon Web site, or chat with other attendees, find roommates, and discuss events and programming on our forum. Questions about registration and the discounted hotel rate can be directed to [email protected].

34 Responses to Registration and Rooms Open for LeakyCon!

Hahaha, first! Squee.

Avatar Image says:

As our favourite Hufflepuff would say, SQUEEEEEE!!!!

YAY!

I registered the moment I got the email last night! I’m so excited; it feels official now! Can’t wait to see you all there! :)

SQUEE!

YAY! LeakyCon w00t!!!

SQUEE!!!

Avatar Image says:

LeakyCon = awesome! Can’t wait to see everyone there! Party-time in Boston baby, Leaky Style!

Doris

Avatar Image says:

Wish it was on the west coast!

Avatar Image says:

i agree, it would’ve been nice if i was on the west coast because i’m from there… but i’ve always wanted to visit Boston, so i’m killing two birds w/ one stone.. lol… I can’t wait, i already registered yesterday in the afternoon.. and i already booked my room.. can’t wait.. i’ll be goin’ by myself but who cares.. can’t wait to meet my fellow HP’ers.. lol…

Boston isn’t goin’ to know what hit them!!!!

Avatar Image says:

oh yeah i forgot to mention.. my mom might be goin’ to massachusetts w/ me but not as a supervisor cuz i’m in my 20’s.. just to go to mass… but if she doesn’t go i will have an extra bed for those of you who might not have a room.. it’s not set in stone.. but just email me at [email protected] so i can know if someone is interested and you’ll have a definate answer by january, it’ll give you time just in case you have to find another place…..

Avatar Image says:

This is just… amazing. I am so excited and thrilled and happy… keep registering, people!!!

Avatar Image says:

LC= awesome time! So excited!

Avatar Image says:

Is anyone else struggling to get to the registration page? I have been trying all day and only get gateway timeouts.

yay! I am so excited for LeakyCon

Avatar Image says:

Well atleast that gives me time to come up with the $165….I really need a job.

I don’t need to stay at the hotel because I live close enough. Just like a 45 minute drive and I’ll be 18 and by then, I think I will be done with my finals so I won’t be going to school anyway. It’ll be in the period right before my graduation so I might have to go to school in the morning for like rehersal or yearbooks or something of that nature.

But I’ll see when it comes to then.

Avatar Image says:

So, is the registration price going to go up after October 1st? That would be good to know, for those of us who may not know by then if we’ll have the money to go and might want to buy tickets later. That is, if they aren’t completely sold out by then:(

Avatar Image says:

as much as i would love to go to one of these confrences, they 1. cost too much for college students, and 2. are WAY too far from here (California)

Why not have one over here sometime?

Avatar Image says:

Ooops, just read my email and found the answer to my own question. Never mind. I have to agree with you though Krystle, these conferences cost WAY too much (but maybe I’ll get lucky and find a few extra Knuts and Sickles rattling around in a gutter somewhere). Here’s hoping…

Avatar Image says:

Pottershrink, if you are still having problems, please PM either myself or any of the other Board of Directors… I haven’t heard of any problems…. you might want to try going through the website and not the emal that was sent to you, that may help.

Avatar Image says:

Questauthor – thanks – I finally got through and am registered! All is squeeful!

Avatar Image says:

sighs I wish I could come to,but alas,you guys enjoy!

Avatar Image says:

Aaahhh I wanna gooooooo. :( My life would be so much more fun if I was in the US where all the Potter fun is at! But have so much fun guys, can’t wait for the pictures! :)

Avatar Image says:

Are you kidding me, the price of this is a bargain, compared to Accio (which I’m headed to) I would love to go but including flights and stuff this would end up costing me about £800! Yikes. I do have to eat this next university year

Avatar Image says:

Krystle – Azkatraz from HPEF is going to be in San Francisco next July – hp2009.org – very good to know for those who can’t get to Boston – or who want to have more potter-fun.

Avatar Image says:

Lucky people in the US! Have fun!

Avatar Image says:

wish I could go if it wasn’t for like the last week of classes :(

Avatar Image says:

I really want to go, seeing as I’ve never been to a HP conference, and it’s so darn close to my house. But $165? That’s a lot, considering I’d also have to come up with a ticket for one of my parents, neither of whom are huge HP fans. Grrr, I hope I can convince them…

Avatar Image says:

the ticket price is nothing, it’s the hotel and travel cost which always pinches the purse. this is so hard. there’s still Narrate and HPEF cons to consider, as well as wrockstock. it’s getting so hard to deside. i’ll probably have to wait till i get more info on all the cons to see what each is gonna be like.

Avatar Image says:

Well, my daughter and I are going, so I probably won’t get registered until the end of August – which is when the email people have for their $5 off to be effective. I’ll be cutting it close with her heading back to school and all those associated fees happening at the same time. Big Sigh

However – I’m about to decide that driving may be cheaper than any other form of transportation as I have a Prius and get roughly 500 miles to the gallon… vs two plane fares or train fares or bus fares… I guess it will all depend on the price of gas by then.

Still, I can’t wait to go and meet everyone I’ve been chatting at for the last 4 – 5 years. Then it’s Orlando in 2010: I’ve even got my husband going to that one!

Avatar Image says:

I really want to go to this, but I’m not sure if I can, since my college’s commencement is that weekend, and my roommate’s graduating then. And I really can’t decide. Arrr!

Avatar Image says:

Please, please do this again in 2010…!

(Why is it I live in Norway, again…??)

Avatar Image says:

I wonder how old everyone is that’s going? I’m 26… wouldn’t want to go if I’m one of the oldest people there!

Avatar Image says:

You don’t have to worry about that, LeAnne; I’m 30 and I’ll be there. And I’ve talked to a couple of people in the Lounge who are around my age or older. I’m sure there’s going to be a wide range of ages; you should definitely come! :)

Avatar Image says:

B-B-B-B-Boston??? At last! It’s just a T ride away!

But what is this mysterious discount code? And how much is the discount? The search egins…but will it be worth it?

Avatar Image says:

LeAnne – I’ll be 29, and I can categorically say you will NOT be the oldest person there!

I’m so excited about LeakyCon 2009, and really hope that as many Potter and Leaky fans who can make it will be there! Benefitting the HP Alliance and BookAid International is just ONE of the best reasons to go! There’s going to be so much fun and laughter and good times, I’d hate for anyone to miss it!

Avatar Image says:

I haven’t asked my mom yet so pray that she says yes!

Write a Reply or Comment