J.K. Rowling’s Charity to Publish “Beedle the Bard” in December

113

Jul 31, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Update: The hi-res version of the USA artwork, with art by Mary Grandpre, is right here in our galleries and the UK cover right here!

Today, on J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter’s birthdays, JKR has announced that her children’s charity, Children’s High Level Group, will publish The Tales of Beedle the Bard on December 4, in an exclusive deal with Bloomsbury, Scholastic and Amazon.

Pre-order now through our Cauldron Shop: collector’s edition, standard edition.

According to a post on JKRowling.com, the book will have commentary by Dumbledore (it was “discovered in his papers after his death,” including historical notes, personal reminisces, and insights into the most mysterious branch of magic, wand lore). The tales were “translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger” and have illustrations by J.K. Rowling.

JKR: “There was understandable disappointment among Harry Potter fans when only one copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard was offered to the public last December. I am therefore delighted to announce that, thanks to the generous support of Bloomsbury, Scholastic and Amazon (who bought the handwritten copy at auction) ’ and with the blessing of the wonderful people who own the other six original books – The Tales of Beedle the Bard will now be widely available to all Harry Potter fans. Royalties will be donated to the Children’s High Level Group, to benefit institutionalised children in desperate need of a voice. The new edition will include the Tales themselves, translated from the original runes by Hermione Granger, and with illustrations by me, but also notes by Professor Albus Dumbledore, which appear by generous permission of the Hogwarts Headmasters’ Archive.”

The book’s proceeds will go to de-institutionalize children. Amazon will produce a maximum of 100,000 collector’s edition copies which will sell for about $100, and will aim to closely replicate the look and feel of the original copies that J.K. Rowling gave to six people closely associated with Potter last year.

All proceeds, expected to garner about 4 million pounds, will be donated to CHLG.

Emma Nicholson of the CLHG says: “We are so thrilled to be publishing such an exclusive and special book. This unique project will raise vital funds for the work of CHLG, to help us change the lives of hundreds of thousands of marginalised and institutionalised children who are living in appalling conditions, and make sure that no future generation suffers in this way.”

187 Responses to J.K. Rowling’s Charity to Publish “Beedle the Bard” in December

Avatar Image says:

and jk birthday ??? WHAT A SHAME !!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! I cannot wait. Thank you JKR and Scholastic !!

Why is that a shame??

Avatar Image says:

This is awesome news! This just shows JK’s dedication and gratitude to her fans.

Avatar Image says:

Looks like I’m still going to have to get a second job to afford the looky-likey :(

AWESOME!

I wish the collector edition wasn’t so expensive…

Avatar Image says:

I’m am so excited about this. But I’m gonna have to start saving up my money now to be able to afford it. =]

Happy birthday JK and Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Wooooooooooow ! woooooooooooooooooop awesome ! ps, happy birthday JK !!!!!

Avatar Image says:

HAPPPPPPY BIIIIRRTTHDAAY JO and of course…. to the boy who lived. Whom both i could not live without because theyre amazing home skillet chicken biscuits.

OMG SQUEEEEEEE

Avatar Image says:

Wow , awesome !! can’t wait to read them !

ps, happy birthday jk !! leaky when you gonna post about that !?

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!that’s soo cool!!more than cool!!! and very happy birthday both to Jo and Harry!!:)

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG!!! I’ve wanted it ever since it went up for auction! I’m going to pre-order mine ASAP!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, what a good news! I soooo want the collector’s version!! It looks beautiful….. And 64 euro’s… Still expensive…..

Avatar Image says:

The happiest of Birthdays, to two of my favorite people! I think it’s wonderful that JKR is going to publish the Tales. And with “commentary by Albus Dumbledore”!!!!! Too cool. Can’t afford the “collector’s edition’ [yet…there’s always MY birthday!!!!] Thank you, Leaky, for your “on the spot” news!

Avatar Image says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Love JKR for this…I knew she wouldn’t deprive the fans of this book!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is VERY exciting news, indeed! When I originally read DH, I thought about how cool it would be to be able to read those stories as well. Love, hugs, & happy birthday wishes to JK and of course our man, Harry!

Avatar Image says:

I am jumping up and down, this is AMAZING! I’m going to pre-order the collector’s edition right now!

Avatar Image says:

GREAT NEWS, EVERYONE! {from the US] Amazon has the standard edition of ‘Tales Of Beedle The Bard’ for $7.98, US! May not be the “collectors editon” [which I want desperately!] but it’s in the “price range”, folks!!!!! YIPEEEE!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats Hermyninny of publishing your first book!

Collectors edition is definitely my christmas wish <3

Avatar Image says:

Well, the Collector’s edition price is ridiculous, but I can’t resist. I just pre-ordered it. Yipee! As for the price, I console myself that the proceeds are going to charity.

YAY!!!!!

More from Jo’s world. I love it!!!!!!

And….

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO AND HARRY!!!

Avatar Image says:

Collector version ordered!!!! With the HD trailer and now this, what a wonderful day!!!!

Avatar Image says:

SWEEET (cannot wait for it to come out)!! Thank you VERY much JO!! Also Happy Birthday Jo!!

Avatar Image says:

YAHOOOOO!!!!!! Happy Birthday Jo and Harry!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m happy Amazon was in on this. My first thought when I saw the headline was that they were getting screwed. Not so! So thanks, Jo and Amazon! :)

Avatar Image says:

How quickly do you reckon the collector’s edition is going to disappear? I’m hoping to get it for Christmas…

Avatar Image says:

Way ahead of you. I ordered the spesial ed. already! worth it for the extra stuff…. and it goes to charity

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know if they’re only going to be released via Amazon or are they going to be in the shops? I WANT A MIDNIGHT RELEASE PARTY =’(

But anyway.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Now Jo, GO & ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY, STOP WORKING!

Avatar Image says:

I’m an avid collector of high quality HP memorabilia so there was no hesitation, it is ordered. I am immensely grateful to the original six owners who agreed to this publication and to everyone who has been involved in the production of this collector’s edition. I love the idea of the Hogwarts text book slip case and the velvet protective bag.

Happy birthday, Jo and Harry!!

Avatar Image says:

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so glad to pay in euro, I can buy the collector’s edition !!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! What a great surprise. I just ordered it. I can’t believe I just spent 100$, but it’s worth it and the money goes to charity. Happy birthday Jo and Harry and thanks.

Avatar Image says:

Just ordered the Collector’s Edition!! Happy Christmas to me!

Avatar Image says:

I just preordered the collectors edition and 2 of the standard edition. One for me for rereads and one for my niece for Christmas. I cannot believe I just spent $100.00 for the collectors edition but it was too beautiful to pass up!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow alot of us have all ready preorderd the collector’s edition!

Avatar Image says:

JK’s birthday gift to us!!!!! I kept telling everyone that she loves her fans and would make it available to us. The fact that it’s sale helps children is such a plus, too! A Collector for me and a standard for each of my grandchildren! Happy Birthday Jo!!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god! I can’t wait! This will make next Christmas a VERY merry one! :) :) :) Thank you SO SO SO SO SO MUCH Jo! :)

Avatar Image says:

Wow. This is awesome. I really want the collector’s edition, but alas I’m just a poor grad student. I’ll have to settle for the standard edition. But at least we get to read it! With notes by Dumbledore! And drawings by Jo!

Happy birthday Jo and Harry!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! YAY! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I have pre-ordered mine! Thanks Jo and Happy Birthday to you and Harry!

Avatar Image says:

I would suggest EVERYONE pre-order the collector’s edition. The article said there will only be 100,000 copies of the collector’s edition. If you pre-order today you are not charged by Amazon until your order SHIPS. There are more than 100 days until the book is released so all you need to do is save $1 a day & you will easily be able to buy the collector’s edition.

Avatar Image says:

This is EVEN bigger than the teaser trailer and the movie release! I have requested the special edition for my birthday/Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know if I can handle the wait!

Avatar Image says:

I just ordered my standard edition. I want the collectors but I can’t spend that kind of money right now. Maybe I will save up and hope there are still some left when I get the money and if not then it was not meant to be. I am happy just to get a copy of it and a JKR book for under $8.00 can not be beat. Thanks to those who have the 6 original copies for allowing this to happen we all really appreciate it. :)

While I was at it, I also pre-ordered you book to Melissa

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Jo! What a terrific book to look forward to. Have to save some cash for it! What fun! It will be great to finally read the full stories instead of just guessing at them.

I guess Leaky Lounge will have to make another Thread again for Beedle the Bard! hehehe…..

Avatar Image says:

this is great cant wait thanks JKR

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Jo! What a great Book to look forward to getting! I can’t wait to read the full tales, instead of guessing at them!

Avatar Image says:

Oh and very happy birthday Jo! Hugs & kisses!

Avatar Image says:

Woohoo! Totally buying this. I figured she would publish it eventually . The collectors edition cover looks very much like the ones she sold at auction months ago (to many people’s consternation, I remember a lot of nasty comments about that). Anyway, great news.

Avatar Image says:

I too just ordered the collector’s edition. I was so relieved that it was ONLY $100. Even though that’s still a lot of money, it’s a good price. It could have been much worse, like if the edition size was smaller (like 1,000 pieces or something).

Thanks Amazon and Jo, and Happy Birthday! :) :)

Avatar Image says:

Have just preordered my collector’s edition!! woohoooo

Avatar Image says:

What a great charity to choose. I’m definitely getting the delux edition.

Avatar Image says:

What a great charity to choose. I’m definitely getting the delux edition.

Avatar Image says:

The Collector’s Edition is already #9 and Standard Edition is #16 on Amazon bestseller list!

Avatar Image says:

But the important question is…

Will there be a Jim Dale audiobook?

Avatar Image says:

Thank you so much for this J.K. Rowing, I thought we’d honestly have to wait another 10 years to get our hands on this

Avatar Image says:

More Harry to read?? So COOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! Thanks, Jo, Professor Dumbledore and all involved… for your generosity and desire to bring The Tales to us. And thanks to Leaky for bringing this to our attention. You guys ROCK! I’m whipping out my credit card as I write this. Oh and I can’t forget…HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JO and HARRY!

Avatar Image says:

To someone’s question as to whether or not they can buy these only on Amazon… the Collector’s Edition is an Amazon Exclusive (I’m sure that was part of the negotiations, since they spent so much for the auctioned original), but the Standard version should be available at other online retailers and in stores. (In fact, BarnesandNoble.com already has it featured on their home page, too.)

Avatar Image says:

so cool, but I wish it was a bit cheaper! well, anyway, happy birthday to both Jo and Harry! My life would be a whole lot different without them.

Avatar Image says:

So cool, but I wish it was a little cheaper! Well, anyway, happy birthday to both Jo and Harry, my life would be so different without you!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I really love Jo. I’m not sure whether I will fork out £50 for the collectors edition even though I really want it. I might ask my friends to give me my Christmas presents a little early this year.

Avatar Image says:

I just pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition.

I can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

I really love Jo, she didn’t have to release this. Happy Birthday to her!! and Harry. I’m not sure whether I’ll fork out £50 for the collectors edition though. Although I want it so much I might ask my friends to give me my Christmas presents a little early this year.

Avatar Image says:

Well, I know what the prime gift under my tree will be this year… time to notify the hubby he WILL be getting me the deluxe edition!!

Happy Birthday, Jo and Harry!!! And thanks, Jo, you are awesome!

Avatar Image says:

As expected, JKR comes through for her fans (and the charity) with the utmost of class. The six people (and Amazon) who agreed to let the book be published are also the eptiome of class, in my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

This is really good news! The synopses that Amazon wrote about the tales were fantastic, but it’s great knowing that we’ll now be able to read them properly! I’m definitely looking forward to The Wizard And The Hopping Pot and The Fountain Of Fair Fortune. :D

Avatar Image says:

The collectors and standard editions are #1 and #2 on Amazon UK! Wooooooo can’t wait! XD

Avatar Image says:

I’m soooooo excited about this. I’ve just pre-ordered both editions (I don’t want to read the collector’s edition, I want to keep it pristine!).

I hope those that were so vitriolic in their condemnation of Jo for only making 7 of the original ‘Tales’ will be equally quick to apologise now!!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday JK and Harry.

Avatar Image says:

Oh my god! THANK YOU JO! This is amazing, thank you thank you thank you!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! That was truly unexpected! And just today I reread the part in DH about The Tales of Beedle the Bard!

Avatar Image says:

I just pre-ordered my Collector’s Edition book. Huzzah!! I hope there are many more books to come from J.K.!!!

Avatar Image says:

Leaky should hold another contest and have, say, 5 of the collectors edition as prizes.

Avatar Image says:

I know what I want for Christmas this year!!!

Avatar Image says:

Woah, I just checked amazon and the collector’s edition ranks #7 in sales and the standard edition is #11!!!!

News spreads fast doesn’t it! I’m glad I got mine ordered and confirmed!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG! I was hoping they would publish it! Thanks Jo and Happy Birthday to both you and Harry!

Avatar Image says:

Woah. I just checked amazon and the collector’s edition all ready ranks #7 in sales and the standard ranks #11!! News spreads fast!

Glad I preordered both this morning!

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday Jo and Harry! And this is very exciting news! I’m definitley going to get it!

Avatar Image says:

AHHHH, yay!!!! i love you jo!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Sorry about the multiple postings…problems with the site it seems.

And remember to all those interested in the collectors edition, you don’t have to have the 100 now, you have to have it when it ships. So, if you think you can save that amount by December, then preorder it now before it’s gone.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must…make…hundred…dollars….

Avatar Image says:

yaay. i’m so happy. she’s so nice to publish it for the public. i just wonder if they might have a midnight premier like the other books?

Avatar Image says:

Am I correct in thingking that the Collectors Edition doesn’t have Dumbledore’s commentary? That’s what it says on Amazon.com.

Avatar Image says:

Woop.I knew she couldn’t deprive us of it for that long :D Happy bday Jo and Harry! I was reading his birthday in DH today ;)

Avatar Image says:

I just pre-ordered the Collector’s Edition. I am so stoked!!!

ww

Avatar Image says:

I love you guys!! There’s me wondering if £50 was too much to pay, and I’d be a mug for getting sucked in, but now I see that everyone is as weak as I am – hurrah!! Can you all believe that the collector’s edition is actually selling out faster than the standard?! Lol! Sounds like the sensible investment would be the cheaper book – but sod sensible, I want the ten extra illustrations (not to mention the uber-cool design… eep!

Harry Potter fans rule, tee hee!

Avatar Image says:

for everyone who is saying that they hope this will still be available when they’ve saved up $100, just preorder it now. amazon will not charge your credit card until it ships. you can always cancel the item before it ships if you don’t end up with enough money, and at least you know you have your copy reserved.

Avatar Image says:

order sent out for the collector’s edition! can’t wait…. happy b-day and thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you for giving us this gift on your birthday Jo! This is such AWESOME news! :D

(Happy b-day to Harry too! :p)

Avatar Image says:

Happy Birthday to JK and Harry!

Avatar Image says:

This is awesome! Thank you, J.K. Rowling and all the wonderful people at Amazon and the people who she gave the book to before for letting her publish this.

Avatar Image says:

Only Amazon is privy to the book release? Shame, I was expecting Deep Discount to get in on the action… ;)

Avatar Image says:

Read the article this morning and just pre ordered my copy of the collector’s edition. i also plan on pre-ordering the regular edition too. im so excited can’t wait.!!!!! :) :) :D

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG!!! This is amazing!!!!! Aaahhhh!! I can’t even… this is too incredible! I was starting to think the public would never see this book! Omg… I can’t wait to read these stories! I’m so glad I didn’t read the summaries of the tales before! :)

Avatar Image says:

Bloomsbury have info on their version, including images of the front cover at http://www.bloomsbury.com/beedlebard/

Avatar Image says:

Just ordered two copies of the Collectors Edition…one to keep and one to re-sell… Considering they are only making 100,000 copies of the Collectors Edition and the last Harry Potter book sold over 6 million copies in the first 24 hrs…. this collector Edition will have a VERY NICE re-sale value on ebay. :)

Avatar Image says:

Yessss, I am so excited. Between this, Harry, A History, and the Half-Blood Prince movie, it’s going to be an awesome winter. Squee!

Avatar Image says:

I JUST ORDERED MINE!!!! OMG! I’m so happy. I can’t wait till December!

Avatar Image says:

I preordered my copy of the collectors edition this morning. It’s more than I’ve ever spent on a book before, but its so worth it! Thank you Jo for giving this to the fans.

Avatar Image says:

To buy the $100 version and say “I own one of the 100,000 copies”. Or to buy the $7.97 version and be one of a million katrillion to own it? Hmm, that is the question.

Avatar Image says:

I have just one thing to say…

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone who can, buys a copy, even if some people were dis-satified with the last book.

Avatar Image says:

I knew Jo wouldn’t let us down!!!!! Nice timing too…. just in time for christmas!

Oh people… stop bragging about you collector’s edition!!!!! :P I will have to content myself with the $7 bucks boring standard one! snif snif At least it is commented by Albus… it should not be that bad…..

Avatar Image says:

happy birthday Jo Rowling!! happy birthday Harry Potter!

i can’t wait to read it! :D

Avatar Image says:

What a dilemma, even when ordering the standard edition: a UK cover by Jo herself or a US cover by Mary GrandPre ?

BTW, those gemstones on the US cover are a very nice touch, I think.

P.S. Happy birthday to Jo and Harry!!!

~~OMG SQUEEEEEEE ~~Posted by Snape_Snake_Snack on July 31, 2008 @ 08:18 AM

Agreed^^

Avatar Image says:

Wow! $100 is a lot of money, but with the limited number of copies and the charity, I decided to order it. So exciting though – it will be a great early Christmas present.

Avatar Image says:

Sigh… I’m probably the only one who would like to see a Kindle edition. The drawings are simple enough that they’d look fine on the e-ink screen.

Avatar Image says:

oh my god i cant fricken wait!!!!!! now i need to save up for the collectors. oh well its worth it!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

In terms of content, I don’t think the two editions are very different. There are some additional illustrations (which might be findable on the internet after the book is published), but otherwise the collector’s edition just has additional bling.

Avatar Image says:

OMG I have pre ordered this! Amazon sent me an invitation and when I saw what you get I had to have it! Well done to JKR, Amazon and this well worth it charity.

I hope that the charity gets a good percentage of what I pay for it in the long run.

Happy Birthday to Jo and Harry, reminds me I must check out her Web Site.

Avatar Image says:

Very exciting, shame I’m doing voluntary work. No collectors edition for me!

Brilliant charity choice as well; it’s close to home. :D

Avatar Image says:

wait a minute. Does that mean that only 100,000 copies will be look alikes and cost $100 or that all they are making are those 100,000 copies?

Avatar Image says:

The 100,000 limited copies are of the collector’s edition, Presumably the standard edition will run to as many copies as needed.

Avatar Image says:

Collectors Edition ordered! yay! god im still jumping for joy! best £50 i ever spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Instantly, I ordered 1 collector and and 4 standard. Ordered another collector when I read that only up to 100,000 were being printed. Happy Birthday, JKR. And, Merry Christmas to me and several friends.

Avatar Image says:

I just preordered the Collectors edition through the Cauldron Shop. Hope Leaky gets some kudos if not $ out of it.

Harry Potter and J K Rowling. The gifts that keep on giving!

Happy Birthday Jo, and heartfelt thanks for all.

OMT

Avatar Image says:

So, Melissa, it sounds like you did have insider info last night at the Providence PotterCast when you asked us what we’d like to see Jo publish next and mentioned Beedle the Bard! ;) LOL, I was hoping!

It’s shaping up to be a very exciting fall/winter, with Harry, A History on Nov. 4 (and by the way, I would absolutely come down to NY for a midnight release if you do one, Melissa!), HBP movie on the 21st, and Beedle the Bard on Dec. 4. I can’t wait!! :)

Avatar Image says:

Sweet! Gotta get the Collector’s Edition! Only 100,000 being printed though… :( might make it difficult to get one. I guess the Standard Edition wouldn’t be too bad…

Ah Who am I kidding! Collector’s is cool!

Avatar Image says:

Thank you so much Jo for this new book. I keep re-reading the series & never tire of any of them. In fact I seem to find something i missed when I read them before. I have a severe case of “Progressive Multiple Sclerosis” not to mention my heart problems or my COPD. Maybe because I have a problem rememoring things that I think I missed a certain part in the book I’m reading. You’re a gift to the world from God & have done wonderful things for the children. I’m sure God is very pleased with all you do with your talent. I’m 62 & feel like I’ve never done anything compared to you. If you ever get to Arizona, come visit Prescott. We’re in the mountains & I would be ever so grateful to see you & have you sign my series of books. God Bless You & your family, Geri Lefevre

JUST PRE-ORDERED THE COLLECTORS ED :D YAY

but even the british copy is absolutely beautiful i’m tempted to get both lol oh well … I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS ONE :D and I just gave £50 to charity … one hundred percent worth the money if you ask me.

Avatar Image says:

omg god sweet! I am jumping around!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is brilliant! I was getting goosebumps reading Jo’s post on her website; thanks a lot Jo! I was missing the feeling of reading a new HP book and I’m so happy there’re some mini-stories to devour now.

Oh and Happy Birthday Harry and Jo!

Avatar Image says:

This is brilliant! Thanks a lot for this, Jo! And wish you and Harry a very Happy Birthday!

Avatar Image says:

Oh and Happy Birthday Harry and Jo!

Avatar Image says:

I really wish the standard edition looked more like the collector’s edition. So they print the image of the original cover, instead of reproducing it with the metal ornaments. I’d really love to get the special edition, but I just can’t see spending that much money for something that will just gather dust. I also try to avoid leather when I can. I do like the graphics they are using on the British standard edition (some of JKR’s drawings), so I think I’ll get that one instead of Mary Grand Pre’s cover (though that’s nice too).

Avatar Image says:

This is the most joyous news of all! I just ordered the collector’s edition from amazon.co.uk. My god, we are going to have a new JK book before Xmas. I am trying to get over this shock! I know everyone is saying the collector’s edition is expensive but it is all for charity, and it is limited to just 100,000 worldwide and its beautiful. Besides, I’m sure many of you would buy an ornament for more than £50 except this is so much more than just a simple ornament. This will take pride of place on my book shelf.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t really know why, but I’m liking the UK cover more and more by the minute. The US cover, well it’s ok.

Squeeee!!!

My husband just order the Collector’s Edition for my Christmas present!!!

I have never Squeeeed on a post before.

Avatar Image says:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! This news just made my day!

Avatar Image says:

so damn awesome! tis your birthday, Jo, and yet you gave us this gift! thank you so much! and happy birthday, Jo and Harry and Neville! =) with lotsalove and xoxoxox =)

Avatar Image says:

My only question to Jo would be “When did Hermione do the translation from the original runes?”

hmmmm?

ww

Avatar Image says:

Fritz, my understanding is that the Collector’s edition will differ from the Standard edition in three ways: 1) the glitz factor, obviously; 2) additional illustrations by JK Rowling; 3) a facsimile of Jo’s original handwritten introduction as opposed to a new introduction for the Standard edition. I believe both editions will feature Dumbledore’s annotations.

I balked at spending the money for the Collector’s edition, but then I realized that I’ve frittered away more money on sillier things, and this is, after all, for a very good cause.

What a wonderful birthday present for Jo to give us all!

Melissa, how does it feel to have Jo herself stealing your literary thunder? :D

Avatar Image says:

Does anyone know where we’ll be able to buy it in Australia? Amazon won’t ship to where I live. :(

Avatar Image says:

WHAAAAHH!!!!! I cannot stop smiling!!!

We have GREAT taste you know. We choose to be fans of a writer, and we pick out the one that loves her fans the most! Yay..!!!

Soooo happeeee!!! :-D

Avatar Image says:

Ok, I usually frown upon ‘special editions’ because they are just there to get more money, but THIS special edition… Is SO worth it!!! :-D Hence, I ordered it…

YAY what a Christmas pressie I just bought myself!! :-D

@ weasleywarrior

Oi, that’s what she did in the last book, isn’t it? When she inherits the Runes book from Dumbledore…

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I am sooo excited! Just in time really for my son to grow up to these tales :)

Avatar Image says:

Well that makes two books I’ve ordered from your cauldron shop this week! Beedle the Bard and Harry, A History. Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

YAY!!!! THAT”S GREAT NEWS!! THANK YOU JK!! And publishers!! Wish I could afford the look a like.. but the other one still sounds sweet!! So now we get a movie (for australia) and a book in december? SWEET!! :D

Avatar Image says:

Already have my copy ordered from Barnes and noble Yahooooo!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love all my books I have red every thing on Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah… me too… i cant wait to read it…

Avatar Image says:

The British cover is beautiful! Way better then the US one (in my opinion).

Avatar Image says:

Mary Grandpre always does such nice covers :)

Avatar Image says:

The Special Edition will be sold out soon.

Avatar Image says:

and now i’ve to make my way down to borders to pre-order the book sigh, i was jus there today. nah kidding! OMFG THANK YOU JO! i never imagined this to happen so yay! Thanks for giving us HP 7.5 (:

Avatar Image says:

The British cover is beautiful! Way better then the US one (in my opinion).

Posted by Atb

of course it IS, it was done by JKR herself! and she is really talented!!!

Avatar Image says:

agf.afhg.kjvhdsk.,jhu pvyqi m{gt9kdhuv.duyfviuvcbsvhgsfb lq7yq;8y8uamf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG i ordered the collectors edition! So excited! I cant wait! also, happy birthday to JK rowling and Harry! you have changed my life so much, i dont know what i would do w/ out u guys!!!!! P.S. Melissa, the sites been really slow lately…......

Avatar Image says:

That is so cool i will have to ask for it for christmas from my mom she is a harry potter fan too and will willingly get two books one for her and one for me., cool i cant wait…...........

Avatar Image says:

THANK YOU JKR!!! I am sooooo excited. I definitely know exactly what I want for Christmas now!!! I WILL HAVE THIS BOOK!!! I am freaking out!

Avatar Image says:

I pre-ordered the collecters edition WOO!, i hope its not a crappy replica. Leaky do you have any more images of it??

Avatar Image says:

I haven’t felt this level of excitement since the last book came out! I’M ON PINS AND NEEDLES! __!

Avatar Image says:

AH! I didn’t know, and I was in Waterstones and they had an order form with “The Tales of Beedle the Bard” on it behind their desk and I was like “Huh? What’s that for?”

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

This is such great news – a great, big THANK YOU to JKR and all involved!

Avatar Image says:

yay! my dream came true!

Avatar Image says:

Happy birthday JKR; and thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU! I just put in my order for three copies. I never thought that we would be able to read “The Tales of Beedle the Bard” [at least this soon].

Avatar Image says:

Oh WOW! Oh JO! Thank you So SO MUCH!

Have a very happy birthday, dear Jo, and I am SO buying that collector’s edition!

Avatar Image says:

I just ordered the Collector’s Edition – this is something I just had to have. And I also want to wish Jo and Harry a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry it is a bit belated. Thank you Jo (and Hermione & Prof. Dumbledore).

Avatar Image says:

That is so cool. I cannot wait to Pre-order the book Happy Birthday to Jo & Harry & Dan! Best Regards, Donna

Avatar Image says:

Wow! I ordered my book as soon as I heard – that Collector’s Edition is beautiful! Thank you Jo (and Hermione & Professor Dumbledore too!) Oh – and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both Jo and Harry! Many happy returns!!!@}-

Avatar Image says:

Happy belated birthday, Ms. Rowling, and to Harry also! Thanks very much for giving all of us access to another wonderful set of wizardly tales, and with Hermione’s and Dumbledore’s work included as well as your writing and illustrations…can’t wait to enjoy this book, along with the others (the series plus the two additional “textbooks”)! I can’t wait to see what else you will write, I’ve enjoyed these so much! Thanks!

Avatar Image says:

Happy birthday Jo and Harry and thanks for the chance to finally get hands noses and eyes on Beedle.

I wounder if Amazon would get the permission to print more collectors editions. Lets say 10 times more. It`s for charity reason and the more the better I think, there’s a lot of kids in need.

I hope there will be midnight sales ?

Avatar Image says:

A big Happy Birthday to Jo, Harry and Neville!!!!! Thank you so much Jo for your wonderful gift to us. It will be treasured always. I am proud to donate to your wonderful charity. Every time you keep the wizarding world going a little longer, it makes my day a little happier. Thanks. Enjoy your day!!!

Avatar Image says:

now that is REALLY exciting news!! So excited I’ve pre ordered the collector’s edition already (even though I can’t afford it at the moment, hopefully I will by Dec)!

Avatar Image says:

OMG I was just staring at the computer screen with my mouth open in shock and happiness. Oh I could cry right now! Happy birthday Harry and Jo.

Avatar Image says:

Merlin’s Beard! Merlin’s Beard! Merlin’s Beard! When I failed in the auction, I thought I won’t be able to read these fairy tales!!!! (lol) I shall have a copy of it this december!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m late to this party but I already pre-ordered mine! When I first heard I thought it was going to be her children’s book she was writing but this is unexpected but welcome! Thanks JKR !

Avatar Image says:

This has made my day! Actually this has made my life! Jo is the BEST person ever!

Do you get those White gloves with the Collecters Editon, That would be awesome

Avatar Image says:

the dirt on the Rowling books – I wonder if scholastic is doing the US or if Amazon is the only supplier??? Yvette

Avatar Image says:

i just pre-ordered my collectors addition and i will be counting down the days. now im so excited early christmas gift for me!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

the book comes out the day after my sons birthday so this is alsome so many happy things to look forward to that week.

Avatar Image says:

I ordered one of each, yay!!! It says on amazon that £20 of the collectors edition goes straight to the charity, I guess the rest is production costs and for amazon, since they are letting people have what they paid a lot of money for (for which I am hugely grateful, I’m so happy amazon got the book at auction and not some stingy private collector). I hope they don’t extend the run of 100,000 though, it would make the book worth less than £50, but then they have a price promise so if they do make more and reduce the price, everyone who has preordered will get it at the lower price. So everyone should preorder now before they run out!

Avatar Image says:

wow thats really great i love it!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I just ordered the new J.K. Rowling Tales of Beedle The Bard, The Collector’s Edition at www.Busyboo.com and I am so excited about this book. It’s a magical, wizarding textbook with metal artwork and exclusive illustrations from the enchanted Hogwarts library – a must have for every Harry Potter fan and definitely worth the price! It goes on sale on Dec. 4 but there are a limited number of copies available, so I pre-ordered my copy knowing this will be the best Christmas gift ever!

Avatar Image says: I can not wait sombody pinch!!! Avatar Image says: I have just created the 8th Harry Potter Book and it is about Albus, James, Lilly Potter and there first year at Hogwarts so J.K. Rowling I will be happy if you could take a look at it and maybe publish it Please...Oh pretty...pretty Please. And if not that is OK.Avatar Image says: It totally Rocks!!! That book is cool!

Write a Reply or Comment