Three Broomsticks Pub Concept Art from Universal Orlando

115

Aug 01, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Universal Orlando Resorts has new concept art online depicting the Three Broomsticks pub for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction currently under construction in Florida. The official website for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was updated with this new early concept work which showcases the atmosphere and architecture of the popular Hogsmeade haunt. To view this artwork, click here and navigate over to the “Gallery” section. Readers will remember that earlier this month, reports surfaced online regarding the construction at the park as well as on the development of the Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle areas. At last word, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is slated for a late 2009, early 2010 opening.

40 Responses to Three Broomsticks Pub Concept Art from Universal Orlando

Avatar Image says:

eekk! thats ahmazing. i cant wait for the harry potter park;. HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY JO! and HARRRRRY!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, it looks really cool. I can’t wait to go!!!!! 1st?

Avatar Image says:

It looks so good! I can’t wait to see it when its completed!

Avatar Image says:

the three broomsticks looks awesome!!! can’t wait for the butter beer!! 1st?

2nd?

Avatar Image says:

The Universal site also has some conceptual drawings and a nice interview with the set designer for the movies, who is in charge of the design for the theme park. No matter what—I foresee a trip to Florida in 2010 when it opens…

Avatar Image says:

That is so amazing! I can’t wait til that opens!

Avatar Image says:

It looks like in the picture is a girl holding a map. I just thought of this, but I hope the maps for the park are styled like the Marauder’s Map. That would be awesome.

Avatar Image says:

Looks nice. Not really how I pictured it at all, but still nice. It reminds me more of the Leaky Cauldron than the Three Broomsticks.

Avatar Image says:

Is there any other ideas of other places that are going to be there? Like any shops?It still looks pretty sweet though.

Avatar Image says:

I really like this pic of the three broomsticks and i like to see more. they really should make like a 3-d video on how the whole park is going to look like. that would be awesome.

Avatar Image says:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! i almost peed my pants lol. when i read this memo and saw the link. im so happy i live in FL i cant wait im taking my kids they`ll be old enough to enjoy.lol.im gonna dress them like a witch my little alexia and a wizard my lil izaiah. YEAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO AND HARRY!!!

Avatar Image says:

i’m going opening day. i like this concept art. i wish they would give us like a 3-d video of the whole theme park for us to see what it would look like.

Avatar Image says:

Looks great! Also, there’s anew poll up, about refreshments at the 3 broomsticks! Butterbeer vs. Pumpkin Juice – the choice seems a little obvious. I’m sorry, but juice from a gourd does not sound that tasty to me.

Avatar Image says:

Hmmm…not homey and cozy enough for me at all (it’s too grand) but I guess when you have a theme park, you have to have enough room for a bunch of people.

Avatar Image says:

It looks like a “Harvester”. This is not a good thing. For those of you not familier with the Harvester chain, they specialise in flarge, faux English hostelries aimed at families. Which is ghastly enough, but they often ruin really good, genuine English pubs to do it. Further: you will have a better chance of finding butterbeer (NONE!) in a Harvester than a descent pint of bitter (the proper tipple in the UK), and given the inability of American brewers to brew anything like a good British beer, it looks as if neither option is going to be on offfer at this new Three Broomsticks. Which, from the “atists impression” looks any thing but the “tiny inn” described as “extremely crowded, noisy, warm and smokey” in HP3. Sorry to be such a curmudgeon. My cricket club are struggling!

Avatar Image says:

I love the look of it and I hope to eat there someday!

yay, the three broomsticks!! x3 i wanna go~ <3

butterbeer, FTW!! answers poll

Avatar Image says:

Oh my God, i cant wAAAAAAIT !!!!!! i hope they have hunydukes id really like to try their candy i hope its the copy of the shop in the prisoner of askban with the same candy UM O boy i cant wait , HAPPPY BIRTHDAY JK , HAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY THE POTTER THE Boy who lived.!!!

Avatar Image says:

AWESOME! I’m with ‘RdeHwyll! Florida Road Trip, 2010! Being in South Carolina, it’s a “little” closer than California [or the UK! LOL]

Avatar Image says:

It is awesome!!! But i have to say, it looks more like the Leaky Cauldron than the Three Broomsticks…. inside my head that is! :P

Avatar Image says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO AND HARRY!!!

Avatar Image says:

i would kinda rather the leaky cauldron, but still, three broomsticks is my second choice.

Avatar Image says:

o ya and the butterbeer has like 87% while the pumpkin juice has like 12% haha i can only guess which juice is gonna win… *:)

Avatar Image says:

Adam I’m with you I think it looks kinda like The Leaky Cauldron too, this is so cool, I really really hope they serve butterbeer in there, that would be the most amazing thing!!

Avatar Image says:

Pfft! Well I still don’t agree with where it shall be situated. It should be based in Scotland where, of course, Hogwarts/Hogsmeade is originally supposed to be located! It will spoil the atmosphere completely if you’re walking about the ‘streets of hogsmeade’ and its a scorching hot day, when up here in scotland it is clearly not that type of climate!

It’s freezing up here compared to Orlando, Florida. And on the rare occasion that it is a sunny day, it’s still not as hot!

Brilliant idea and all, Wrong Location. Period.

Squeak!* It’s brilliant!*

Avatar Image says:

That looks good. It can’t be as small as I pictured it from the book :). That just wouldn’t work! The poll is kind of unnecessary imo. Of course Butterbeer is going to win. What else would you drink in The Tree Broomsticks?

Laura

Avatar Image says:

Funny, it’s amazing but in my head I saw the Three Broomsticks a bit more cramped, the way Harry narrated it in the books. The pub was always filled to the brim with people and loud, which made me imagine the floors old, creaky and wooden, the walls covered in odd wizard artifacts and photos of freinds of Madam Rosemertas, mabey the odd advertisment of her Oak Matured Mede. I always pictured the bar smelling musty and the air hot from so many people cramped together. I dont know….love their concept though!

Avatar Image says:

Holy Cow! It does look more like the Leaky Cauldron! Good catch guys!!!

Avatar Image says:

Does someone have any idea of how expensive tickets for the theme park are going to be? (btw; I’ll have to fly to the park all the way from The Netherlands, so it’s going to be expensive anyway. But being the die-hard Harry Potter fan that I am; I WILL BE THERE!) lol.. XD

Avatar Image says:

I think it looks great! As far as I’m concerned, an artist’s rendering this early in the game should just give the basic flavor of what the space will eventually be. They have plenty of time to tweak the design before the park opens. Also, it’s important not to get too picky about matching the “feeling” described in the books. After all, it is a theme park and must therefore accommodate vast amounts of people and it is in America and must meet US building code. While I agree that a Potter Park in Scotland would have been really cool, I completely understand why they chose the already established Theme Park capital of the world, Florida as the location. Does anyone know if they will actually be building the snow as depicted in the first concepts? If so, THAT will be odd.

yp

Avatar Image says:

Ya Harry and Jo B-day, The Mud Bloods, The Womping Willows and The Remus Lupins, just played at Joseph Beth Bookstore, it was Sweet.

You goin to Leaky Con Than

Avatar Image says:

i’m so excited! will the three broomsticks also double as an inn? :D

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my dreams coming true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG!! I CANT WAIT!!!! This is amazing!!!! I so cant wait!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment