Alan Rickman Attends “Bottle Shock” Premiere in New York

337

Aug 06, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Alan Rickman, who portrays the character of Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films, recently attended the New York City premiere of his new film “Bottle Shock.” In this new film, Mr. Rickman shares the screen with such actors as Bill Pullman, Freddy Rodríguez, and Bradley Whitford. A number of photos featuring Mr. Rickman and his costars from the red carpet premiere are now online. You can view images via Getty, WireImage, and Rex. In addition to this, the Toronto Star has an article online in which the actor speaks of his role in this film along with other subjects. While he does not talk in detail about the next two Harry Potter films, he does note that he’ll finish the filming of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” next year. The rest of the article features Mr. Rickman going into detail about his experience of acting, the production of “Bottle Shock” and two projects that he will be taking the directors chair. A stage production of “Creditors” is set to begin soon and will be followed by the film adaptation of “The House in Paris,” a book by Elizabeth Bowen.

50 Responses to Alan Rickman Attends “Bottle Shock” Premiere in New York

Avatar Image says:

great looking,as always :)

Avatar Image says:

Good job for Alan Rickman.

Avatar Image says:

I love Alan Rickman in everything I see him in! He’s just so good!

Avatar Image says:

I think Alan Rickman is a fantastic actor, and no one could possibly play Snape better. However, with every interview he gives, he seems to go out of his way to not talk about the Harry Potter movies. Is he ashamed to be associated with them? Again, I’m not trying to put him down at all, I’m curious if this has ever been acknowledged on his part?

Avatar Image says:

cant wait to see him in deathly hallows!

takd,

He mentioned Harry Potter this morning on Good Morning America radio (XM radio I believe). When asked if he’s ever recognized by his younger Harry Potter fans, Mr. Rickman stated that he didn’t very often because he didn’t wear a black wig out in public. He then smiled and laughed!

He probably doesn’t mention his roles in the Harry Potter films very often because he’s usually being interviewed for other work he has done. I don’t think he’s ashamed of the films at all, but he wants to be recognized for his other work as well.

Avatar Image says:

takd, I’m guessing it’s not shame so much as professionalism. I imagine that high calibre actors such as Rickman have various projects on the go, and it must be difficult when trying to publicise new films that there’s such media hype surrounding a separate film, so that he can’t undertake anything new without being pressed for Harry Potter info. Also (and as much as I would love to hear more Harry Potter news!), from what I can see, there seems to be a great deal of hush surrounding the filming of DH, with the exception of a few carefully screened and released pieces of information (such as the fact that it will be 2 films not 1). No one seems free to talk much about them. Lastly, you’re curious whether he has ever acknowledged his involvement in the HP movies… you mean other than agreeing to be in all 8 of them (I’m presuming 8)? I’m guessing that if he was ashamed, he wouldn’t keep agreeing to take the part, plus it’s quite a high publicity film, I’m not sure it would be possible to be in them and somehow sneak under the awareness radar of his professional fellows. Other than that, I agree with you, I think Rickman is absolutely superb as Snape, and no one could be better!

Avatar Image says:

He is such a great actor. I believe I could watch him play anything. I will sorely miss him as Professor Snape. : )

Avatar Image says:

Nice - on a sidebar in that Toronto Star they have a run down of the ‘good’ and the ‘evil’ characters he’s played - and Severus Snape is on both lists!

Avatar Image says:

takd – If you go to SnitchSeeker, there’s a video interview and a quote from Alan that explains everything. =)

Avatar Image says:

Oooh, no one could be a better Snape! I can’t wait to see all the really juicy stuff he gets to do in these final movies. I know he will nail those scenes brilliantly.

Yeah, I would doubt he’s ashamed, but I would also have to guess he doesn’t want his other work to be overshadowed by the phenomenon of HP and does not want to talk about it until it’s time. Not only are they hush-hush about DH, they’re still being pretty tight-lipped about HBP! Anyway, what he says is that he doesn’t want to spoil anything for children who have not read the books and only want to watch the movies, for what it’s worth.

But yes—he was one great casting decision!

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see this movie! I have a feeling it is going to be on my Top 5 Alan Rickman’s movies list! :P I love hist work…. even when he did the worst movie I have seen, Perfume, his screen time was superb. He is an absolutly fantastic actor!!!

severus snape=sexy

Avatar Image says:

Oh… and by the way.. I think it is funny that everybody(including myself in that) thinks he is so perfect for playing Snape, even thought he looks way too old for it. It only goes to show how amazing he is on his craft, he really gets the essence of Severus.

Avatar Image says:

whoops didn’t mean to post so many times, sorry

ahhh snape

Avatar Image says:

Thanks everyone who wrote back! I have just been wondering that for a while. The only reason I thought of it, is other big actors and actresses that have been in the movies have made a point of mentioning things like what they liked about being in the hp movies. So, thanks again to all those who took the time to appease my curiousity!

Avatar Image says:

I really wonder how angry Tim Roth is with himself that he turned down to play Snape. I am really glad that he did. He is good. But I don’t want to see anybody else as Snape than Alan Rickman.

Alan Rickman RULES!!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Lillylove—I totally agree. Everytime A new Potter film came out I wanted to see his interview most of all, but he only has a one minute interview in the second movie’s special features. The Potter movies caused me to become a big fan of Allen, but I become agrevated when he aviods questions about his roll playing Snape.

Avatar Image says:

Loved him in all of his movies and I can not wait to see this movie…. I like the hp movies as well. and i am sure i will like the ones coming out… I was wondering the same thing about Roth… and i agree he is good but I can not see anybody else playing Snape but Rickman…. Best to all…..

Avatar Image says:

He really is GREAT! He is such an awsome actor and I enjoy his work so much. It’s really amazing to see how much charisma he can give to any character he portrays. I can’t even say how much I love him! He’s SO HOT!!!

Avatar Image says:

Mr. Rickman did address his character in a past interview…..correct me if I’m wrong but he has said in the past more or less that he doesn’t like to over comment on his work as snape and lets the character speak for himself. He IS Snape….what a fantastic actor….nobody else could deliver like he does….and his timing and (in my best snape voice) em-pha-sis on -every-little-syllable-and-word that snape delivers …can be matched by no other. He makes snape….just…... creepy.

Avatar Image says:

Im sure whatever he directs will be amazing

Avatar Image says:

Good for you Alan! Alan Rickman is just an amazing actor watever he does hes always really good

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I love Alan Rickman! He is great as Snape and he’s great in his other movies too (I love him as Marvin in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy! no one can play a depressed robot like he can, lol). And I like the Toronto Star article, although I wish he had said more about HP, of course. But maybe it’s good in a way that he hasn’t talked about his role as Snape since Snape is such a mysterious character and anything he said about Snape might give too much away for people who haven’t read the books. I mean I think that’s why they had to put Snape on both the good and evil list in the article so it wouldn’t spoil anything. Still it would be awesome to hear his thoughts on Snape. Maybe after DH comes out he’ll be able to say something.

I keep having dreams about Alan Rickman, I wonder what it means!? XD

He’s amazing though. I have to agree, he literally IS Snape, he doesn’t need to talk about it xD

Avatar Image says:

Alan has said many times over the years that he could not comment on the role of Snape – frankly it was because he knew too much prior to book 7 being released. Nowadays? Well, I would guess that the above speculations are correct – he has many other projects in the works, HP is a small part in comparison. Needed, granted – important to us? But of course! But in the grand scheme of his professional career? There is just so much out there that needs to be seen and remarked upon.

He comments on the part when it is needed – which is not right now. Wait until it is closer to premier time. And I’m still holding out for after DH2 that he will let loose with all the stuff he knew before the rest of us! A girl can dream… I really don’t think he will comment much on the franchise until then.

Avatar Image says:

I am not sorry to say this but, Alan Rickman is great as an actor, but not good look!!!

Avatar Image says:

Alan Rickman made a decision long ago not to speak about Snape because he knew enough about his character (from jo) to ruin it for the rest of us if he let anything slip.

Also, in an interview last year, he said (in much more beautiful words than I can remember to quote) something like: So much is said about these books and movies and characters, but I won’t say anything because I believe in keeping some of the mystery and the innocence for the children who are fans.

He is a true professional!

sigh Alan Rickman sigh

Sexiest. Man. EVER.

/And Severus ain’t so bad himself.

lol

Avatar Image says:

Rickman is a great actor – I anticipate the Snape/Voldemort scenes in DH to be among the best acted in the series. There’s probably an element of British ‘luvvie’ about him, someone who does blockbusters like HP because it enables them to do smaller ‘artistic’ movies. You know the ones – movies that 99% of the cinema going public have no interest in seeing and take a total of about 50 pounds at the worldwide box office. Whatever the reason, I’m just grateful we have three more fantastic performances as Snape to look forward to.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Christine for the tip about the snitchseeker video, Leaky you should post this, he never talks about HP for the kids who are still on the books. I’m sure once the movies are over and Snape’s allegiance is clear then he’ll start discussing the films

Avatar Image says:

I agree about him holding off til dh2. Oh can you imagine …that cast is gonna have a hell of a party when all is said and done!

snape snape severus snape

dumbledore!

Sorry rolf, just had to put the next line in! lol

Hey x

Just thought I’d say Alan Rickman is a brill actor and great for the part of Snape – I think he does release his part in the HP films and he’s not ashamed (takd quote) he just wants his other parts to be taken note of as well!

Avatar Image says:

Alan Rickman is one of my favorite actors. If you haven’t already done so, do yourself a favor and watch his other non-Snape movies. They are all interesting, entertaining, and he’s wonderful in all of them. He brings something special to each character that he portrays in a way that many good actors miss. Some are good in one particular role and fall flat in others, but Rickman is good in all of them, no matter what the part. (There are only a few of his movies I haven’t seen and that’s simply because I wasn’t able to locate them.)

And add to that, he’s a very good director as well, as you can see by watching “The Winter Guest”.

He doesn’t limit himself as an actor by playing only one genre, and we, as movie goers, should follow his lead and watch all the different things he has done. And yes, I agree that he is perfect for Severus Snape, age notwithstanding.

Pat

Avatar Image says:

I was at the Pelham showing of Bottleshock and It. Was. Awesome. No one mentioned Harry Potter, tho, we called it the “mega franchise.” :P

Alan Rickman is HOTT

Avatar Image says:

i think i read somewhere that the reason he doesn’t really talk about Harry Potter is he doesn’t want to play around children’s innocence or something..

hold on, i got that interview!

March 22nd, 2004

What can you tell us about the new Harry Potter movie? I don’t talk about Harry Potter.

Is that forbidden by the contract? No, it’s just because I don’t want to speculate with something in which children’s innocence is at stake.

Krista…

My sentiments exactly!!!

And… He’s a wonderful actor…

I haven’t seen all of his movies, but my favorites are “Die Hard” and “Galaxy Quest” (of which you do not have to be a Trekkie to enjoy).

Avatar Image says:

Hay can i ask are you all truly in luv with with him or are you all jokin because i think it is wird and soz if i offended you :0

Avatar Image says:

Hey-faura-Another interview that helps is his interview about his role in the movie Snow Cake. The man wanted to end the interview with questions about Snape. However, it went like this-Man “Can you talk about your role as Snape in the upcoming Harry Potter Movie?” Alan-“I won’t” Man-“You wont or you can’t?” Alan-“I wont” Man “Why?” Alan—”Well I don’t want to ruin the mystery that surrounds Snape, who he realy is” I guess he is saying that Snape is a complex character, and there is so much debate as to who he truly is. If Alan explains who Snape is, people would take that as the final argument, so he is trying to avoid that.

Avatar Image says:

Alan, you rock! Apart from being such an amazing actor in every movie you’re in, NO ONE could be a better Snape!

Yay for you!

ahhhhh sev

Avatar Image says:

I was there :) I flew in form Michigan just to meet him. it was wonderful, he is so nice! and Bottle SHock is really good. hes really funny in it…

Avatar Image says:

alan rickman is not to old to play snape at all even if hes old enough to be my dad he is a great actor and why should his age be a issue the actor that played moaning mytrle was in her mid 30s when playing a young girl1 ohh and so excited for the next film!!!

Avatar Image says:

Alan Rickman is most definately the best actor in the world. I’m going to be in NYC for a while and I was wondering if he’s starring in any plays in the NYC area. I really would like to know. PLEASSSEEEE Email me at katlin1996@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!!!!! And remember, I ABSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOVOOVOOVOVVEEEEE him!!!!!!!!

Write a Reply or Comment