Third Issue of The Quibbler Now Online

124

Aug 16, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The third edition of The Quibbler, our new magazine which prints “all the news you won’t find anywhere else’ is hot off the presses and available for your reading pleasure. This issue contains much news that rarely ever finds its way into typical magical or muggle publications. Our third issue includes a cover story about Parselmouth invasions, a back to Hogwarts guide for first years, a report on the location of the Dursley family, Luna’s latest love advice, and Aberforth’s page three girl. You can read this issue in its PDF version right here. We also have a zipped file of this issue available to download via this link. Instructions on how to read and view the issue via its flash version, can also be found here.

Also, you can submit your questions or comments to the Quibbler staff via this forum on the Leaky Lounge. If you have an idea for a future Quibbler article and want to submit it for possible publication, click here to find out more. The Quibbler is produced and lead by our own Rudius Hagrid with the contributions of wordsaremagic, Chloe, Evreka, Mary Wandygaurd, Doris, Lunesta, libbysmom, Dreamteam, Moose_Star, LunasLion, Draonsinger Danae, SeverineSnape, Isabel, Jamie, Abbey, Megan, rowena r, Lirene, Sevritus, JaneMarple9, Manaki, and Red Scharlach.

Enjoy!

36 Responses to Third Issue of The Quibbler Now Online

Avatar Image says:

Leaky has to update their HBP countdown! Sadly.

Avatar Image says:

Lol, sorry leaky but I think the people are more concerned about HBP’s new release date..

Avatar Image says:

I AM concerned about the HBP`s new release date, BUT I must say that I enjoy The Quibbler enormously! What a fun thing to read, I can imagine, how hilarious it must have been to write all those insanely amusing articles. I`m really looking forward to the new issue already, great work!

Avatar Image says:

Well the Quibbler is the perfect remedy to those WB-Delaying-Their-Release blues. We deliver on time, and give you something to laugh about in this time of tears….

WHY WB WHY???

Avatar Image says:

thanks a lot leaky that really cheered me up!!!

Who is Manaki?

Avatar Image says:

We are all upset about the ENORMOUS release dates…but I think The quibbler can cheer us up a bit…

Avatar Image says:

Sorry, but nothing is going to “cheer me up” aside from an official message from WB saying they are on their knees begging our forgiveness and are putting HBP back where it belongs immediately. I would rather see Leaky putting their considerable energies and talents into supporting the fan boycotts, petitions, Howler and phone call campaigns. I know you guys won’t, and probably can’t, because you have to maintain a relationship with them, but it would be nice. We’re on our own against this corporate monster.

Avatar Image says:

Alright, guys, Leaky is trying to cheer us up and the Quibbler is absolutely great fun to read. But I have to admit, the fun is diluted with the release date earthquake still rumbling. I am still absolutely livid, expecially with WB contempt for our intelligence “good news, smaller waiting gap between HBP & DH” and ” Good news, HBP will be showing at more IMAX screens”. But I am trying to suside my anger. In case anyone missed it, there are some more updates on the photos article, including Won Won dancing with his mad girlfriend and Bellatrix in supreme evil pose. Actually, those photos are pretty good!

Avatar Image says:

Can you find the first and second issues anywhere?? It would give me something to do instead of ranting about WB stupidest decision EVER!

Avatar Image says:

WOW! This is cool. My husband’s home, this morning, and he can help me to download the Quibbler! I can’t wait. ~:d

Avatar Image says:

I’m with you, AmiiTonks. Now that I know my husband can help [he’s a computer engineer/operator for the US Govt] I would love to catch up! Thanks Leaky, for all your hard work! :D

Avatar Image says:

OK, I know y’all are tired of reading my posts, here, but has anyone seen the articles about Emma Watson’s grades????? She’s one fantastic student! I hope there’s an article, in the Quibbler, about that. And how to catch Blibbering Humdingers!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

AmiTonks, and anyone else who’d like to read the first two issues, you can get to them whenever you want by going to the links at the top of this page and clicking “For Fun”, then “The Quibbler”. That takes you to http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/fun/quibbler where you have links for the earlier issues just underneath this month’s front cover.

We also have a new forum in Cauldron’s Corner at http://www.leakylounge.com/Leaky-Quibbler-f329.html where you can discuss The Quibbler’s articles, letters etc. You can’t post new articles etc there because we like to keep those under wraps until the magazine is issued but we do give you details of how to send them to us.

I hope that helps and that you get as much fun out of reading them as we do in working on them.

Avatar Image says:

You mean Makani* She’s an artist.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t get it to work. It’s worked for me every other time but just wont download. Need something to cheer me up more than ever. Don’t mean to go back to the depressing news again, but everytime I see Leaky’s countdown it just makes me so sad. It’s goin to be awful to just see it shoot up in days. Gawd WB this is so unfair after all the merchandise and crap we’ve bought from you. Absolute slap in the face

Avatar Image says:

Kiwi Mc try this direct link http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/static_downloads/quibbler/Quibbler20080815.pdf it should take you to page one.

Happy birthday, Evanna – even if Leaky have forgotten so far :P

Avatar Image says:

I assume that there is nothing that we can do about WB’s outrageous decision about the release date ??? Is someone organizing a massive boycot of WB products and movies? Is there a petition to sign? Is there a ‘We hate Warner Brothers’ Facebook group to join?.

Avatar Image says:

I’m so furious that I can’t think about anything than date of HBP, I can’t believe how they can done something like that to HP fans…..... I hate WB…........ THEY JUST CARE HOW MANY MONEY WILL THEY PUT IN THEIR’S POCKETS AND WHAT ABOUT US, fans who have waited for movie so long….... I live in Croatia, and I live on the country where isn’t any cinema, and I need to go to main town, just to watch movie and now I will not have opportunity to go…..... Oh come on…..How can they done something as this?????

Avatar Image says:

Look guys, the Leaky staffers are just doing their jobs by reporting what is current Potter news and I for one am thankful for somthing to giggle at. We sure need it!

Avatar Image says:

You all do realize that Rudius Hagrid and I were sitting up late, chatting, and decided that the best thing we could do for the Quibbler would be to force WB to delay their movie.

You can comment on our sublime strategy and attempts at world domination at http://www.leakylounge.com/Leaky-Quibbler-f329.html

Tell us what you think, or if thinking hurts, just rant a bit.

Avatar Image says:

Hey. Leaky! The Quibbler is great! My favorite, of all, is the ‘lolkneazles’! I follow ‘lolcats’ and ‘loldogs’ Would that be “I can haz choklit frog”? [I can’t think of anything, off hand, to translate “cheezeburger” into! LOL! Thanks, again…[Mr Lovegood is a great editor!]

Avatar Image says:

This was fun, but WHERE is Scribulus???

Avatar Image says:

Is anyone else having trouble locating the flash version? I’ve really enjoyed it for the last two issues but all I can find for this one is the pdf.

Avatar Image says:

We had a lot of comments last time from people that they could not work the flash version properly and that they preferred the PDF, which is why we stuck with PDF for this edition. However, maybe we can bring it back if there is sufficient demand for it!

As for Scribbulus – they are suffering from a lack of submissions these days, which is why they have been absent for a while. So if you keep writing, Scribbulus will keep existing :)

Avatar Image says:

i still cant get it to come up….

Avatar Image says:

If you want to be kept up to date with the Quibbler’s plans of world domination you can follow it on twitter; username (very original I know) LeakyQuibbler.

If you have problems opening the PDF file, i would recommend: 1) Make sure you have Adobe Reader 7 or later 2) try downloading the .zip file to your hard drive and read it from there – the file is quite large and it may be a case of where it hasnt finished downloading yet.

Also remember that with all the interest in WB at the moment there is a considerable server load and the site and downloads may not be as fast as usual.

Avatar Image says:

I AM SO FUEIOUS WHY DID IT GET RELEASED LATE it is so wrong i was getting ready to go and see it. i think i keepp reading the books again

Avatar Image says:

yer i agree with sally,,,we are all more worried about the posponation of the HBP movie!!

Avatar Image says:

Thanks Leaky! I was momentarily distracted from the bomb WB dropped on us. Great issue!! scampers off to send another Howler

Avatar Image says:

Yes, please bring back the flash version. I can’t get the pdf version to load.

I LOVE THE QUIBBLER!

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE THE QUIBBLER! I hope you keep it up for a long time. thanks!

Avatar Image says:

my computer froze. sorry i didn’t mean to post so many times. :-(

cuvgwonezonfnilsgvkmzoyxkepsdo