PotterCast 163: Detroit Wrock City

364

Aug 25, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

The newest episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is now online for this week, filled with an entire three hours of Harry Potter news, discussion, and wizard rock live from Detroit! Our 163rd episode kicks off with with the latest news from the world of Harry Potter including the 10 year anniversary of “Sorcerer’s Stone” read-a-thon, the possible November 13th “Half-Blood Prince” video game release, the new release date for the “Twilight” film, and the statement to fan sites from Alan Horn regarding the “Half-Blood Prince” film. We also read your reaction to the move and Mr. Horn’s statement via messages sent though our new Leaky Twitter. The remainder of this episode features our entire live show recorded a few weeks back in Detroit, Michigan. This live show features more reaction from “The Beedle the Bard” publication, excitement about the Harry Potter theme park, the teaser trailer, a new edition of Guess That Book, Dueling with the PotterCasters, and a Q & A with the audience. We also have the entire performances from wizard rock bands, Tonks and the Aurors, The Whomping Willows, The Mudbloods, and The Remus Lupins. To listen, just hit the “Play” button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Detroit Wrock City”

- The latest Harry Potter news.
- The game version of Melissa’s book comes out next October.
- Lucius Malfoy and the Elder Cane.
- More Guess that Book and Dueling with the PotterCasters, as well as Q and A from the audience.
- Hear songs from Tonks and the Aurors, The Whomping Willows, The Mudbloods, and The Remus Lupins.

RT: 189:17

Producer: John Noe

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (86 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (28 MB).

Remember you don’t need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

27 Responses to PotterCast 163: Detroit Wrock City

Avatar Image says:

1st comment!!!!! whott!!! hart pottercast!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

yea! new pottercast!! 3 HOURS!!!

Avatar Image says:

yay, but what about the providence show? did that get lost?

Avatar Image says:

bounces I do like the idea of having fan site giving out coupons, that would rock! Trouble for me is, I need to get my leaky count fixed cuz of some weird issue it wont take my email. >.> Ah well, I have 325 days to fix it. ^^“

Avatar Image says:

YAY! the low bandwidth link isnt working…says there is no file!

Avatar Image says:

hey, that’s cool. i’ve never listened before, but i’m from detroit. where was this recorded at?!

Avatar Image says:

3 Hours? Holy cow. Thanks guys. I have something to listen to at work now with my new Nano (my old beat up Mini was stolen. Go figure).

Avatar Image says:

Yay, erm, wow, 3 HOURS of PC fun?! Thanks! This may be the longest PotterCast you’ve ever done! xD

Avatar Image says:

3 hours! Sweet! And wizard rock! Yeah!

Avatar Image says:

three hours?! holy crap. Viva la Detroit.

Avatar Image says:

So, who’s the KISS fan amongst the group? Saw the title as I was on iTunes and had a good laugh. Got to go and listen to it now!

Avatar Image says:

For some reason it’s not showed up on Zune Marketplace yet. I can get it direct download but i wanted to let someone know.

Avatar Image says:

would it be possible to get a version of this show with just the pottercast segments? i don’t have a great internet connection at the moment, and i really don’t like wizard rock.

Avatar Image says:

3 hours! Love the guess the book quizzes. I wish though John can also get them to describe who the character is involved in the scene rather than just the book. There were a couple of answers in past pottercasts that I couldnt figure out despite given the book number. I have to admit, I am not keen on the Wizard Rock but appreciate its all part of a great package!

Avatar Image says:

Ahh. It was so long! I stayed up most of the night listening. I have prickly eyeballs now… but it was totally worth it. The Mudbloods are really really excellent. XD The Eulogy to Aragog is my new favorite now.

Avatar Image says:

A bit too long for my taste, but I know it’s the exception, not the rule. I found it difficult to hear Sue in the first part. Should I just turn up my hearing aid??

The coupon bit would be a good idea, but I doubt it’ll happen.

I’m not interested in “Twilight”. Started the book, had to put it down. But they had to fill the slot with something.

I’m impatient for both the 4th of November and the 4th of December.

And my ‘prequel’ has been back ordered by Waterstone’s. I doubt I’ll get them now. (I ordered two)

OMT

Avatar Image says:

When they started he game of naming every Hogwarths student, I seriously thought thats why this podcast is 3hrs long, thankfully they dont go on too long with that category! Hmm…they missed out Sirius Black in the dead characters category, tut tut!

But the biggest thing is Melissa’s revealing hints about her interview with Jo in her new book! Hmmm… Lets just say its to do with shipping. Yep thats right, I am now hence forth a Melissa and Jo shipper. Haha. Come on, it all fits, Jo on Pottercast, Melissa being there for Jo at the trial, the foreward…yeah, something going on there, I am ousting both Jo and Melissa in one innocent post, you heard it here first folks :D

Avatar Image says:

It’s pretty ironic that Noe only asked if we could hear Sue after we can finally hear her. I know it’s two different recordings but still. I was worried the whole thing would sound like she was doing the podcast from the bathroom. I’ve had days like that.

Avatar Image says:

forgot to say last week when you gave your thoughts on how people react when they find out you’re a Harry Potter fan was awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic Pottercast this week!

3 hours? Wow, what a treat! That certainly cheered me up from the date change :)

Love all the Wrock, aswell!

Keep on rockin’

Avatar Image says:

Ah! So that’s where Sue was. I had visions of her being locked in Fibber McGee’s Closet. (Look that one up) (If you know what the reference is without looking it up, you’re old like me…)

OMT

Avatar Image says:

Holy cow – 3 hours!? I’ve got catching up to do!

Rockin!

Avatar Image says:

Glad I’m not the only one Seth. I think it’s good that books inspire musical creativity in some people, but they don’t all have to share their creations. It’s weird because I like… well… pretty much every kind of music from all around the world. Bad college folk music just doesn’t do it for me.

I am surprised Noe didn’t like the last Twilight book. I thought he of all people could appreciate the absurdity of the whole thing. It was ridiculous and bizarre but I think that’s what the series needed for the close. The second one is the only place where I thought about stopping.

Avatar Image says:

For mellisa sue and Frak, how much did Warner bros. pay u to be so forgiving, complete betraly of the fandom, u 3 should be helping jon lead a boycott of twilight for this unspeakable act of a delay. And no mentions of the fans comments come on!!!

All I can say is…

Barty Crouch….... J U N I O R!

Avatar Image says:

Lol. This is my new second favourite podcast (this is snogcast is my first favourite). This was so funny. John is so hilarious

Avatar Image says: hello it is test. WinRAR provides the full RAR and ZIP file support, can decompress CAB, GZIP, ACE and other archive formats. eggwngycxejoarfrdtshikesqkrsnbugusrhello

Write a Reply or Comment