Video of Dan Radcliffe on “Conan O’Brien Show” Online

270

Aug 27, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

As we first told you last week, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would make an appearance on the “Late Night with Conan O’Brien Show” to discuss his upcoming Broadway revival of the play “Equus.” The video from that appearance is now online and available for your viewing pleasure via this link. During the interview, Dan speaks of the play’s first run in London, the current rehearsals in New York, and the reaction of Harry Potter fans to his performance. In addition to this, he talks of acting with Gary Oldman (Sirius Black), the Olympic games in China, and the current US election.

“Equus” is currently in rehearsals in New York and will begin preview performances at the Broadhurst Theatre on September 5th. “Equus” officially opens on Broadway September 25th. Tickets are still available for a number of performances and can be purchased via Telecharge.com. Complete information on the play can also be found right here.

57 Responses to Video of Dan Radcliffe on “Conan O’Brien Show” Online

Avatar Image says:

Oh I hate to be obnoxious but this one time I will: Yay first post! Now on to view the clip! : )

Avatar Image says:

i actually saw it on youtube.. Dan looked really good.. I wished i could’ve been there to witness Gary Oldman shaking Dan, trying to make him cry.. lol…

Avatar Image says:

It was an unusual interview to say the least, partly because Dan acted a lot younger than he is (maybe because he was shy?), but why did Dan say that he does not know when Half-Blood Prince is coming out next year. I’m confused. Do the actors not know the release date (which I highly doubt)? Was he just to shy to remember the month or release date?

Avatar Image says:

It was an unusual interview to say the least, partly because Dan acted a lot younger than he is (maybe because he was shy?), but why did Dan say that he does not know when Half-Blood Prince is coming out next year? I’m confused. Do the actors not know the release date (which I highly doubt)? Was he just too shy to remember the month or release date?

Avatar Image says:

Raymond, Dan was probably being humorous about the release date, saying he didn’t know when it would be because it has been switched once and for all anyone knows could be switched again (but that’s unlikely). I thought he seemed very mature during the interview…he joked around with Conan, of course, and wasn’t afraid to be a little silly…but I thought he was intelligent and well-spoken. I think Dan is probably still a little weirded out by American audiences, as we do tend to applaud more often and more randomly than a British audience would…I’ve noticed a lot of British celebrities comment on that fact. Even Emma and Rupert have gotten a little flustered when they come on the American talk shows…maybe we’re just too loud and pushy over here.

Avatar Image says:

Great interview; I can’t believe how much Dan’s grown up. It’s totally bizarre. But it makes me really happy. Harry Potter actors are THE BEST. !

Avatar Image says:

I think British audiences can be just as enthusiastic as American audiences. :) Dan was charming as always. He’s got that impish sense of humor, but he did seem just a bit nervous, which was odd. Maybe he was excited about meeting the band.

Avatar Image says:

I actually watched that interview when it aired on NBC, and I also watched it on Youtube. I thought that the interview was really cool. I think it’s really cool that he’s interested in the US election.

Avatar Image says:

Personally, I thought that was a great interview.

Radcliffe: “Calm DOWN, audience!”

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised he knew about the storm we had in Florida considering everything else that was going on at the same time (Olympics, politics, his Equus preparation, etc).

I was also impressed by how at-ease he seemed.. he’s very brave. If I were in that position I’m sure I would have jumped behind the couch and crawled off backstage as quickly as possible.

Avatar Image says:

He seemed a bit hyper in this interview, it reminded me of his younger days. :D I loved when he talked about Michael Phelps lol.

Avatar Image says:

I love how they always ask whether Jo was upset about him going nude onstage. It’s like she’s his mother or something! She doesn’t own him or anything, his actual name isn’t Harry Potter!

Avatar Image says:

i just love him. hes so REAL! i mean, he wasnt too suave and cool to laugh and joke and have a good time. hes not any other popular actor who struts around admiring his perfectly stiled hair “My father didnt strut. and neither do I” hes fantastic. hed be great to hand around with

Avatar Image says:

Dan was still hyper? Well, I guess we know the reason for this now. And I’m just glad that conan guy didn’t mention dyspraxia. Although Dan’s case is very mild and he’s is bravely overcoming it, he may still be a little self conscious about it.

So, they are going to have Harry fully naked for the last film. Now that’s what I call using their talents to the utmost. You want to earn your $25 million per film Dan? Get you naked butt onscreen. lol.

Avatar Image says:

WOW i am not the only excited one yayayayay!!! yeah i saw it on my DVR, and i must say i am really proud of him he looks good, know his stuff and is on top of the game and that all matter. i wish i ran to him in NYC that would be so cool.

Avatar Image says:

I really needed that laugh! I enjoyed that clip, thanks Leaky for posting it!

Avatar Image says:

it was so awkward, that interview. but it was good to see Dan again. i liked the Conan interview from last year better.

Avatar Image says:

Great interview! Conan is terrific too – ahhhh!

zr

Avatar Image says:

These two are great. They’re like a comedy team! I was all smiles watching it. I wish I did something worthwhile just to be able to be on Conan.

Avatar Image says:

i want to be his best friend

Avatar Image says:

I think Dan always interviews well. He may get nervous at times but he still manages to be articulate and funny. I think that’s why people enjoy interviewing him, in so many of his interviews his comments get picked up on and end up over the ‘net out of interest. He’s not full of ‘um’ and ‘ah’, he’s a lot more intelligent that most guys his age.

Avatar Image says:

I just love the fact that he commented on that weatherman and BBC correspondant’s names- I’ve always thought they were quality names.

Avatar Image says:

So there really is a Julia Caesar? LOL!!!

That was a fun interview!

Avatar Image says:

What an eloquent young man, he’s become! Dan has become quite confident when it comes to “live” interviews! Genial, as always, and very articulate, I LOVED it. Thanks, Leaky, for letting us see that! :D

Avatar Image says:

He is ADORABLY awkward. Awkdorable. I’m not really a fan of his (or at least, of his films), but I think he’s really entertaining in real life. I liked when Conan kept scaring him by putting his face up close to his.

Though actually, Harry DOES appear naked in the seventh Harry Potter book—when I read that, I automatically thought of Equus.

Avatar Image says:

I LOVE The Hold Steady too! I’ve actually drank with them before! I’m one up on Daniel Radcliffe, who’d have thought it!

Avatar Image says:

I confess I absolutely ADORE Dan Radcliffe!!! He seems so unaffected by his fame. He has a wonderful sense of humor and I LOVE watching his interviews!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think Conan has met his match! Dan gets faster on the uptake every year. He’s a formidable opponent in a battle of wits. Loved the last shot at Conan: “You wouldn’t believe the power I have in show business.” Dan: “No, I wouldn’t.” LOLOLOL Better be careful, Conan..the kid will chop you up into little pieces right before the camera!

Avatar Image says:

I absolutely love Dan!... I think he is adorable, clever and bold! He will become a very fine man soon.

I have one little criticism thought… His comment about the ambulance driver, which was a cute story, shows a little pre-concept that I thought he didn’t fall for. It just goes to show he is still growing and can slip here and there…

Does anyone know which band was playing on the show that day???

Avatar Image says:

Was able to see the show on the night it aired and I absolutely loved it. I couldn’t believe that he’s actually heard of the storms we’ve been getting down here in Miami, I guess the boy watches his fair share of news. Wonderful. I really love it when he’s on the Conan show… those two keep me laughing the whole time. Can’t wait to see him in Equus.. wish October would come sooner….

@ Carol Carvalho

What do you mean by “pre-concept”? I’m just confused. I thought his ambulance driver story was very cute and endearing! But yes, I agree that Dan is absolutely adorable :D.

Avatar Image says:

he’s brilliant, i like watching dan in talk show interviews, he knows how to joke around with the host and he always have little stories.if only i can see him in broadway that would be great…sigh!

@cary

Dan has dyspraxia? I did not hear about that? Where is it mentioned?

Stixvix,

He mentioned it in a recent article in Vogue magazine. It’s online.

Avatar Image says:

Found the article. Thanks.

Just goes to prove that just because someone has a neurological desorder (mild or not) it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try to make it big…and we must admit that the HP films are a just a little bit BIG. ;-)

Avatar Image says:

I think he was really good on the show – I just love watching all “The Potter” interviews! : -)

xx

Avatar Image says:

“You wouldn’t believe the power I have in show business.” -“No, I wouldn’t.” Still lmao-ing over that, too, lol

Avatar Image says:

I don’t care that he’s awkward, he’s absolutely adorable (and I’m saying that in a big sister type of way, I”m much too old for someone his age, however, if I was younger . . . ). I also have always loved Conan and his brand of humor, very typical of off-cuff, dry New England humor.

Avatar Image says:

Was Dan excited to see the Hold Steady? I missed the first part of the interview when it was on. If so, that’s pretty cool that he’s heard of them. Four out of the five guys are from my great state of Minnesota. They’re huge here, but it’s surprising to hear lately how far their fame is spreading.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, and by the way…when I mentioned American audiences being more vocal than British ones before, I didn’t mean to suggest that British audiences aren’t just as enthusiastic. I wouldn’t want to make assumptions, because I’ve never been to Britain and I wouldn’t claim to know anything about them, but I have heard a lot of British (and French, and German, and Australian, etc, etc) celebrities mention that audiences in other countries only applaud you if you’re worth applauding…they don’t applaud you just for walking onto a stage or waving at a crowd. If you look at people like Ben Kingsley and other celebrities they mention this.

Avatar Image says:

In December Boys he did show a bit on screen, so he might not get so much more $ from that lol. Hes just the coolest person, I mean he even writes poetry!! Great music taste too. What a heartbreaker :-). If I was not married to the sweetest muggle equivalent of Harry Potter (dark fuzzy hair, glasses, saves the world lol) I would probably consider stalking him!

Avatar Image says:

That was ok. I think Dan is cute. I wished he would talked a little more about HBP. O well. Hey does everyone know they added two more leaked scripts of HBP. Just go the grffindor gazette and click on more leaked scripts or go to harry potter and the half-blood prince- leaked scripts. One is where there in the three broomsticks and one is where dumbledore and harry are in the cave and the second is where draco is in the room of requirement.

Avatar Image says:

Oops. Meant to say the gryffindor gazette.

Avatar Image says:

When Dan was talking about Michael Phelps, I thought if Michael had taken the gillyweed in “Goblet of Fire”, he could have saved Ron, Hermione, and Gabrielle in like 5 minutes and totally won the event…..lol

Avatar Image says:

^^ Hahah at Michael Phelps comment. Heck, he’d save them in five minutes WITHOUT Gillyweed.

Hey, have you guys seen any of the video interviews of Dan on Jonathan Ross? They’re absolutely hilarious—I was just watching them on youtube today. (One was before GOF, when he was extremely hyper and kooky, and the other was from when he was doing Equus on West End, and that was a bit of lewd humour). Jonathan Ross is the only talk show host I think is funnier than Conan O’Brien.

Avatar Image says:

Schmergo, the Rove interview with Dan last year was on par with the ones you mentioned (maybe even better) and the outtakes were brilliant!!

Avatar Image says:

THE HARRY POTTER POSTER IS HERE!! NOT A JOKE!!! http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15489.html

Avatar Image says:

Jack, I’m pretty sure that’s a fake. the outline of Harry is from OOTP and fust look at that release date. Has to be fake, sorry dude

Avatar Image says:

First of all he’s looking so cooool !!!!! I loved the part about Gary making him cry, and the part about JKR watching his shows, everything he said about the olympics, and the remaining parts!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I love Dan in interviews. It doesn’t matter that he’s nervious (which is obvious) because he is still able to talk and joke around. I love the way he manages to be cheeky with the host and get away with it: ‘You wouldn’t believe the power I have in show business.” -“No, I wouldn’t.” Love it!

It was mentioned ages ago in a British newspaper that Dan liked The Hold Steady. I bought one of their albums to try out because of that. It was cool actually because the newspaper was at the time was using Dan s a gauge for measuring street cred (‘what’s DanRad listening to these days’). He’s getting a reputation for knowing a thing or two about music.

Avatar Image says:

That was hilarious. The whole thing had me cracking up with the ambulence story, the one about someone throwing harry potter merch on stage when Jo came to see Equus, Michael Phelps, the election and news reporters, all of it. It was just so funny that my face now hurts from laughing. I needed that. I just love Dan. I can’t wait to see him in Equus in October. Normally I would be more excited about shopping in NYC, but this time I am all about Equus!

Avatar Image says:

I think that is the funniest Dan Radcliffe interview I have ever seen…lmao! And i love the scruff look Dan, hopefully WB will let you keep it for the DH movie, as i seem to remember at some point you are looking much that way (Malfoy Manor)...its very hot! hehehe…

Wish i could see Equis

Avatar Image says:

LOL that was frekin hilarious he acts just like i do when i get excited about something…i dont have wat he has but i do get a lil hyped up on caffene :)

MIicheal phelps is an animal or did he say creature idk that made me laugh out loud!!!

audience calm down!!!

Avatar Image says:

How did you like Dan’s pubic hair beard,if you can grow one why attempt it,he looks better clean shaven

Avatar Image says:

I thought it was funny he commented that the election got more coverage than the recent hurricane, wait till Gustav hits us in Katrina-land. Media is everywhere. It’s going to be a circus.

Avatar Image says:

Dan was very witty as usual, always enjoy anything he is talking about. The fact he is interested in our US elections ,what is going on in Florida with the weather and other news shows how he observes and listens to everything.Good idea for an actor,it will serve him well….and he looked terrific…...and @ Greg jOHNSON ,,,,the beard is for the character in Equus he is portraying …...it also looks good…..very.

Avatar Image says:

I was drinking this Orange Banana Strawberry juice thing (very yumy) while watching the video and at that last little bit, I was trying not to laugh.. so it all came out my nose. It feels all tingly…

that was hilarious