Tom Felton to Play for Soccer Aid 2008 Charity Game on Sunday

293

Sep 05, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actor Tom Felton, who portrays the character of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films, will be participating in Soccer Aid 2008, a charitable sporting event in support of UNICEF on September 7th. Soccer Aid 2008 will take place at Wembley Stadium in London, England and feature a soccer match between teams of well-known athletes and celebrities playing to raise funds and awareness for UNICEF, which aims to protect, help, and support children around the world. Mr. Felton will be part of the England team which includes such other celebrities and athletes as UK footballer Jamie Redknapp, television presenter Ben Shephard, and singers Craig David and Gareth Gates. A small photo gallery on the website features Tom, along with a number of his fellow players, preparing for the upcoming match. More images of Tom with his team cab be found on the England Squad section of the website.

Tickets for the match are still currently available and can be purchased right here. Those interested can get involved in Soccer Aid 2008 and donate by clicking this link for more information. Soccer Aid 2008 will be broadcast live from Wembley Stadium on UK television network ITV1 at 6pm local time on Sunday, September 7th.

Thanks to Wendy for mailing.

21 Responses to Tom Felton to Play for Soccer Aid 2008 Charity Game on Sunday

Yeeeeeeeeeey!! Soccer!!

Avatar Image says:

Well that’s one good reason to watch the ‘footie’ I probably wouldn’t have bothered otherwise, I wonder what position he’s playing at?

Avatar Image says:

Football, football, the game is called football!

Avatar Image says:

Go Tom! UNICEF is such an important organization. I love it when celebs use their notoriety for good.

Avatar Image says:

That’s great, but if he breaks his neck playing soccer before filming the final movie, I’ll…I’ll….I’ll break his neck!....uh, wait…...

Avatar Image says:

We also have a quick video of Tom being interviewed during soccer practice:

While you’re there, sign Tom’s birthday card!

Thanks Leaky for covering this!

Well done, Tom. And good luck! ^^

Avatar Image says:

omg i love him, he’s so sweet, and cute…nothing like Draco- makes him a great actor. Love you Tom!!!

Avatar Image says:

Yeah,Tom Felton’s my Favorite…soccer is my favorite sport,I love it when things get together.. :D

Avatar Image says:

Looking at the line up, I reacon this may even by a good match. I think England will lose tho. There are some drippy people and some ex-pro’s, a random politician bites tougue and a darn right scary chef!!

Avatar Image says:

I’ll be there can’t miss the opportunity to cheer on Gareth Gates, though I must admit to not knowing much about football, as this is only the 2nd match I have ever been to.

Avatar Image says:

has anyone looked at those pictures? the picture of tom in the ice tub is hilarious! but that is wicked cool he is using his fame for charity.

Avatar Image says:

woaaah, they’re all so fit :L tom looks veeery skinny though :\ hilarious pics in the ice tub thing :P

Avatar Image says:

Very cool, but it looks as though England will lose, especially with Luis Figo on the World team. :D

Avatar Image says:

i live in the united states =\ does this mean i cant watch it??

Avatar Image says:

Hi I have never heard of Tom who is he. Now if you were saying Gareth I would be wooping with joy. Come on Gareth you show them. JAY.

Avatar Image says:

Well I’m sorry but I don’t know this Tom. Now Gareth Gates I think will be the one to watch. He’s already proved to be a mean ice skater, and this will be another talent to add to his list. Go Gaz!

Avatar Image says:

lmao toms face when he’s in hte ice bath is uttlerly adorable!! :P

Yay! I am watching that now! I love Tom Felton :D

Avatar Image says:

I think it’s soooo awesome what Tom’s doing to help out with UNICEF… and the other celebs of course. Now’s the time when it sucks that I live in the US, because I can’t watch the soccer game. :( Leaky better let us know if England wins.

Avatar Image says:

To those who asked who Tom is, he is the actor that played Peagreen Clock in “The Borrowers”, Louis Leonowens in “Anna and the King”, and currently gives life and form to Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films. He has starred in community theatre, videogame, radio, and television productions as well. His most recent ‘non Potter’ film work is in “The Disappeared.” Mr. Felton has a history of helping others by: making appearances (Bookham Youth Center), working to raise money for worthy causes (Chase Children’s Hospice), helping to set up the World Junior Carp Tournament (in New York state), and now playing one of his many sports for UNICEF. He is personally known for his humility, kindness, politeness, intelligence, and consumate professionalism. He is Loved the world over.

Write a Reply or Comment