Scholastic Updates Site with New Video, “Sorcerer’s Stone” Shipping Early

114

Sep 11, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Previously we told you that Scholastic was issuing a special 10th Anniversary edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone that was due to be released on September 23. Today however, this TLC editor got word her copy pre-ordered from Amazon.com had already been shipped (and due in next few days), and other readers have already received their copies of the book. At this point we do not know if how many (if any) other retailers are sending out copies of the book early as well, and will update with more on that when we can. As always, for those wishing to avoid spoilers, a caution that our comments may contain details about the new material.

On a related note, Scholastic has now uploaded this new video where fans remember reading the first book in the Harry Potter series all those years ago. A reminder that Scholastic will be holding a special Read-a-Thon of the book at the Scholastic Store in New York City on September 23. The reading is open to the public starting at 8:00am, with first 100 people to win a free copy of the 10th Anniversary Edition of Sorcerer’s Stone, plus you will be reading the book sitting on the same throne chair that author J.K. Rowling used at the Carnegie Hall and Radio City Hall appearances. Scholastic will be preparing the space for the reading on September 15, and you can see a preview of the setting via this link. Be sure to check out the lovely new cover with artwork from Mary Grandpre here as well.

48 Responses to Scholastic Updates Site with New Video, “Sorcerer’s Stone” Shipping Early

Avatar Image says:

That’s cool that we get something early :)

what’s the new material?

Avatar Image says:

cool, atleast somthing is going right!

Avatar Image says:

Mine was waiting for me on my porch when I got home from work today. Thank you Amazon!

Avatar Image says:

I was surprised when I received my copy yesterday!

Avatar Image says:

OOH! I pre-ordered Beedle the Bard and Harry: A History…I hope they ship early too!

Avatar Image says:

For those of you who do have the new version would you kindly tell us what the new content is and why does the U.S get a 10 year when the series came out 11 years ago…

Avatar Image says:

yup, mine was waiting when I got home tonight! Yeah!

Avatar Image says:

I got mine today too. I also got an email from Amazon a few days ago saying that it was going to ship early.

Avatar Image says:

what is the new bonus material? tell! tell!

Avatar Image says:

Well, that’s just down right annoying. I reserved my copy at my local Barnes and Noble, so now I still have to wait when I could have had it now. Rats.

Avatar Image says:

The bonus material is a drawing of Snape

Avatar Image says:

Received mine, thought there would be an actual introduction.

Avatar Image says:

I didn’t buy mine yet…. I want to see if there is some serious new material first…. if it is just a drawing of snape and a couple of lines… i don’t think it is worth…. :( Hope my library get it early too, I’m first in queue! :P

Avatar Image says:

Great news! I haven’t gotten an email, but I’ll be on the lookout. I’m still waiting for my copy of the Waterstones book with the prequel. They said it could taken a month, which would be this week, so I’ll have to contact them if it doesn’t arrive. It’s fun to have something other than bills to look forward to when checking the mail. :)

Avatar Image says:

You know, it’s funny, the same thing happened to me a few days ago… I pre-ordered a softcover copy of The Final Warning by James Patterson, which was due to be published the 1st of September. I got it August 27th, though! Guess we’re all lucky.

Avatar Image says:

Our Borders in NH already has them sitting on the shelves. I saw them out about 2 days ago!

Avatar Image says:

I really hope my barns and noble has my copy in today. I will be there at 9am when it opens.

Avatar Image says:

The books were on the shelf at Border’s a couple of days ago. :-)

Avatar Image says:

I pre-ordered mine from amazon along with Beedle the Bard, my shipping for the 10th anniversary book says that it will ship with the Beedle the Bard ship in December.

Avatar Image says:

OK, it’s great that many of you got yours, but for the hundreth time what is the new material?!? Is it subplots that she left out and decided to put back in the special addition?

Avatar Image says:

Haven’t ordered this one – but I did pre-order “Harry: A History.” I hope they decide to ship that one early! Melissa, could you talk to Amazon for us? ;)

carebie – you have to tell Amazon you want them to ship separately (and pay more for shipping) if you want to get SS right away. (Or do two separate orders).

Avatar Image says:

The only “new material” that I saw was a drawing of Snape done by JKR. Has anyone else found anything different? Because if that’s it, then I’m returning my copy to where I bought it.

Avatar Image says:

I got mine yesterday as well. The new cover is beautiful. There is also a color picture of the boats pulling up to Hogwarts on the inside. The new material is a Jo’s drawing of how she pictured Snape circa 1992 or 1993. The rest of the book is the same as before. I was kinda bummed there wasn’t a new intro from Jo but the new cover is quite awesome.

Avatar Image says:

The page count shows that it is 11 pages longer than the original. Could some of the bonus material be hidden throughout the book? Maybe added content to the book itself?

Avatar Image says:

Oh man I really hope the Books-A-Million around here has it already too, its like 30 min to a Borders or Barnes and Noble from where I live. I called my dad the second I read this post and asked him to go down there and see if they have it for me since I’m sick with mono right now so I can’t go get it myself. He’s going to go when he gets off work and call me when he gets there. That would seriously make my day if they have it. I do hope there is more new material than just two drawings and the new cover. If not that’s pretty lame and sounds like Scholastic is sort of ripping people off by saying “new material”.

Avatar Image says:

haha this was funny, that one girl saying she read each book around 6 times. Ohhh! I’ve only read books 1-5 at LEAST 30 times or more and reading book 6 for the 6th time now. A gigantic fan will read it at least 10 times. lol not saying people who hadn’t aren’t as faithful but that’s what I think. I wish I had this new copy of PS! It’s so pretty!!! Harry looks adorable! :) maybe some day I’ll own it… :)

Avatar Image says:

There is no new written canon as far as I can tell, just a drawing of Snape. I feel ripped off, why didn’t they say the new material was just sketchings?

Avatar Image says:

Can somebody take a pic of the back of the book jacket or at least describe it in detail?

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad i didn’t pre order mine…. so far! I hope Leaky gets this matter dissected and let us know…. maybe there’s something on the text that was compromised on the first edition and Jo got to add to this edition…. If that is the case, I’ll be getting a copy.

Avatar Image says:

The back cover is the same picture as the front cover but you get to see more of the scene rather than just focused on the mirror. You see more of the room and the Harry’s surroundings when he’s looking into the mirror. The only thing I didn’t like was that his parents are blurred so you can’t see their faces.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks…can anyone snap a pic on their flickr account or the message boards here? Torrential downpour here and I really love GrandPre’s art!

Avatar Image says:

I should have pre-ordered! I was planning on picking it up at the bookstore on the 23rd.

Avatar Image says:

Yah, I’ve seen them at my Waldenbooks store. I was going to buy one since I don’t have the first book yet, but alas… I’m sure someone will get it for me for Christmas. Hahaha.

Avatar Image says:

darn amazon, i ordered the 10th aniversary at the same time as brisingr, and they havn’t sent my copyy of SS yet, :( i know i said it was ok to ship separately

i want it now too :(

Avatar Image says:

picked up my copy at borders a couple a days ago they told me there was no street date which is a set day that they can release it.

Avatar Image says:

Got my book yesterday. It’s beautiful and really good quality binding. I love the

Avatar Image says:

Can somebody PLEASE get a picture of the back cover here on the net for those of us stuck without the book?

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised Scholastic isn’t getting huffy about the book shipping early (considering that Deep Discount got in trouble last year for shipping DH early). Yes, it’s pretty much the same book, but you’d figure the security would be tight considering there would be some exclusive content—perhaps some extra material originally published in J.K.R.’s “Extra Stuff” section on her website. (I guess Beedle the Bard will get the same security surrounding DH, even for a supplementary book for the HP series.)

And was I the only one out of the 3,000 people (who frequent TLC) who got DH early from DD? I was pretty shocked when that happened, but I read it the day I got it. When the Scholastic executive called my house the day after, she was surprised to hear that I had already read it. I promised not to spill the secrets about the book until after the release date (I did keep my promise), and Scholastic sent me a DH t-shirt and a $50 off coupon for their online store.

And I wasn’t lying about it then, and I’m not now: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2005558&l=b348d&id=149501041

Avatar Image says:

I saw the books at the Borders Books in MA on Thursday. The only “new” item seemed to be JK Rowling’s sketch of Snape and her description of him. I thought there was going to be a whole new book introduction. It was disappointing.

Avatar Image says:

i haven’t gotten an e-mail nor has the status changed on my amazon account order…i am confused and feel like crying because my book isn’t being shipped early :(. I hope that it comes soon :)

Avatar Image says:

The books were at Target today!!!

Avatar Image says: ...andallthatmess Avatar Image says: found this link, check it outBrilliant Work ON The Site Avatar Image says: You Might Be Interested In thisYou Have a Great Site, Good Job Avatar Image says: You Have To Refresh Your Details Avatar Image says: You Have to See This Avatar Image says: You Really Have To Check This OneYou Might Like This Site, Check it

Write a Reply or Comment