Walk in Dan Radcliffe’s Harry Potter Shoes

264

Sep 12, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

If you’ve ever wondered what it would be to walk in Dan Radcliffe’s shoes, well here is your chance, in a manner of speaking. Dan has donated a pair of black NIKE sport shoes he wore in the Harry Potter films for a charity auction. Part of the “De-Feet Lung Cancer” charity campaign, this auction is ongoing now until October 3, with bidding open via this link. Other celebs who have donated include singer Sir Cliff Richard and actress Dame Judi Dench who donated a pair of shoes she sported in her role as ‘M’ in the James Bond films. You can find out more about The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation on their website, here.

Thanks Jas!

30 Responses to Walk in Dan Radcliffe’s Harry Potter Shoes

Avatar Image says:

i’m wondering if i would buy those, that is, if i was rich….1st?

Avatar Image says:

Second!!! I don’t remember seeing Harry wearing black Nike shoes in any of the films…..

Avatar Image says:

What a wonderful idea! Lung cancer is one of the most prominent cancers – a great cause indeed, & so clever. Well done, Dan, for participating in this event!

Avatar Image says:

Dan loves kids that is why he is doing this charity.

Avatar Image says:

Great idea, great charity – but….wow, what a name. Anybody else hear rimshot after reading that name?

You know it’s really great that all things Harry Potter are linked to Charities in some way. JKR, the movies, and even the fandom have all contributed to raising money for charities.

I think that’s a testament to JKR. She has always made it a point to include Charities in her work over the years.

Glad to see others following suit.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve just seen a pic of the shoes and I must say they’re really kitsch… I’ve never noticed them in any of the films! Anyway, I’m sure they’ll sell at much more than the present £200 bid!

Avatar Image says:

Didn’t he wear those in GoF? The ones he wears in HBP look like Chucks. I want, please. Now if I can win the lottery before the end of the auction …. I WISH!

Cool thing to do for a great cause!

Avatar Image says:

i wonder how much they will go for…

are they velcro?

sorry i couldn’t help it. i mean no disrespect, he’s awesome. he’d laugh at that.

Avatar Image says:

I hope they sell of ALL the muggle clothes! I’m sick of them. Wear something magical from time to time! You must admit – can you really see Harry Potter wearing NIKE??

Avatar Image says:

I’d be willing to bet that after the last film they’ll auction off quite a few items for charity or some will probably go to museums, the Harry Potter Theme Park, Planet Hollywoods, Universal Studios, etc.

Although, I’d love to have the Quidditch Ball set w/ trunk from the first movie.

Avatar Image says:

don’t remember the shoes in any of the films, but still- its a really good idea to help people who have lung cancer

Avatar Image says:

cool auction and a great thing for daniel to do, i don’t remember those shoes either, but honestly how often do we actually look at the actors feet when we watch a moive, and i don’t mean just HP either, if i had the cash id bid on them, not to wear but to put in a glass display case

Avatar Image says:

Size 8 you say? ... Interesting! ;)

They aren’t very Harry-ish at all.. :/

Avatar Image says:

i know tom, that drives me crazy to. harry got points taken from Gryffindor in the HBP because he was wearing muggle clothes! i mean, come on WB.

“are they velcro?”

@adam, LOL, I agree Dan would laugh at that. Actually they look like slip ons, so just as good.

I am wondering whether they are the ones he wore for the dragon scene in GOF with the cool shiny cape gear, that he looked so good in.

Avatar Image says:

Who CARES if “they weren’t in any of the films”? Who CARES if they’re “not very magical”? who CARES if they’re “muggle clothes”[NIke,Chucks,Red Ball Jets [for all us nostalgia buffs].....! LOL. They are for a good cause, and ALL of us [admit it or not] would LOVE to have them. But more than that, the money is going to yet another good cause! ‘Laughing Man’ has the right of it. Every time the chance arises, JKR, or the HP cast/crew what ever, make big donations to charity. It IS a testament to the “heart and soul” of ‘Harry’ and the ‘Wizarding World’ brought to life by JKR!!!!

Avatar Image says:

i would’nt want them actually… that much

Avatar Image says:

Excellent choice Dan. I am proud of you! So very kind of you and you didn’t really have to yet you did it anyways! (smiles)

Avatar Image says:

i remember seeing dem in GoF!

Avatar Image says:

good for Dan and I hope lots of money for the charity, but I have to say, those are one ugly pair of shoes.

Avatar Image says:

does anyone have a secreen shot of these shoes in the films?

Avatar Image says:

what i’m wondering is what size are they?

Avatar Image says:

The shoes are a BRITISH size 8, that translates to about 10.5 in America.

Avatar Image says:

very good for him if i wasrich i would be all over those shoes they would be mine. Muahahahahahahahahahah.

Avatar Image says:

Dang, he has big feet I guess! ;) Those shoes look funny.. They look like they have racing stripes on them. Maybe they make his broom fly faster?!

Avatar Image says:

size eight isn’t big. not for a adult male. i suppose it’s quite large for his height, but i know ALOT of people my age (14) who have size 8 or bigger feet.. lol..

and someone said something about we all want them whether we’ll admit it or not.. WRONG, i’d want them.. if i wasn’t scared of finding out dan has cheesy feet hahaaha….

Avatar Image says:

The website says the Lung Cancer Foundation gets 90% of the proceeds- where does the other 10% go?

Avatar Image says: To harriett: administration fees?

Write a Reply or Comment