New HBP Photos, including Luna outside the Gates of Hogwarts

114

Sep 17, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Thanks to Alejandro from Bloghogwarts who let us know that he has obtained several new photos from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Found in a new official 2009 HBP desk agenda, you can see a new photo of Luna Lovegood and Harry Potter standing outside the gates of Hogwarts, with Filch and Draco standing on the other side. In addition, is a second and wider look at the gate with more of the castle in the background. Also of interest is this small photo of what seems to be Dumbledore and Harry standing on the rocks by the sea, as well as this photo of what is possibly the Room of Requirement; more scans from the bookavailable via this link.

Thanks Alejandro!

50 Responses to New HBP Photos, including Luna outside the Gates of Hogwarts

first! they are horrible!!=(

Avatar Image says:

i think that might be tonks first

Avatar Image says:

Me too. That looks like Tonks, not Luna.

Avatar Image says:

Ok, maybe its just my computer, but isnt that Ron (not Dumbledore) in the thrid pic??

Avatar Image says:

Pretty sure it’s Luna, since they changed the story that Luna finds Harry on the train, not Tonks.

Avatar Image says:

That’s not the Room of Requirement, that’s the astronomy tower!

Avatar Image says:

I wish I could tell who was who and what the pictures actually were. Lol. And if that was Tonks outside the gate with Harry, 1) Why is his nose not broken/bleeding, and 2) Why is Tonks super short, with blonde hair, and wearing Hogwart’s robes and a Hogwart’s badge? Eh?

Avatar Image says:

ya its def not the Room of Requirement…...... and for lily_luna, i think they meant the pic on the left side of the big pic…... with the small small shadows! that looks like harry and dumbledore!!

Avatar Image says:

It isn’t the Room of Requirement. The Trophy Room set was built for Goblet of Fire, in Order of the Phoenix it was slightly altered [the trophy cabinets removed from the bottom of the columns, mirrors added etc] to become the Room of Requirement. In Half Blood Prince the set has been recycled once again to created Slughorn’s Office. So this picture could be one of three. I’ll let you guys work out which one of the three it is.

Another interesting fact – this isn’t the first set to be recycled – following the creation of the DADA classroom for CoS it was remodeled slightly in PoA to be Trelawney’s Classroom.

Potter Insider

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see hi-res pictures!!!! I NEED TOO! I wanna meet the Potter Insider. Wonder who it is? :P I’m a little hyper. Too much coffee.

Avatar Image says:

the one w/ draco is not new, i mean look at draco’s hair. its from the 3rd movie. i think its fake.

Avatar Image says:

Ha, the Hogwarts Gates… Thought I’d never see them in the films…

Avatar Image says:

lol amazing pictures… jk dont hurt me haha

Avatar Image says:

that first photo with luna has to be fake, the draco picture in it isn’t even new!

Avatar Image says:

That is definitely the Room of Requirement, “potter insider”. The columns of discarded books are there, the statue is there, etc.

I think you misunderstand the post. We’re no saying it’s the same set in Leavesden, but we are saying that the scene pictured there is The Room of Requirement scene in the film. Remember, the Room of Requirement changes to fit the seekers needs; this must be the form it takes when Harry needs to hide his book.

We don’t care what the wood or the space was used for in previous movies. We are saying that in The Half-Blood Prince, in “Potterdom”, this picture is of the Room of Requirement.

Another interesting fact – Don’t talk down to Potter fans and call yourself “Potter Insider”, it’s ridiculous and demeaning. If you have any interesting tidbits that you want to share with Potter fans, leak it to the staff here at Leaky Cauldron. Posting something under a fake name like “Potter Insider” gives you zero cred.

Avatar Image says:

I Hate WB for making us wait.

apuntes means notes!

i payed attention in spanish :)

Wonderful…

Avatar Image says:

Even though these pix are great, you can’t really tell whether they are actually taken from the movie. You are so right “weird”. Draco’s hair (even though you can’t see it close up) looks suspiciously like it did in film #3. Personally myself, I reckon they photoshopped that picture to make us believe that it was from HBP, but that’s just me. On another note…. I’M GONNA GET YOU WANER BROTHERS!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

FINALLY THE WONGED BOARS!!

wooooo

Avatar Image says:

OK that is the room of requiremant because of how messy it was in the HBP book when Draco was using the cabinet, obviously. That is LUNA not Tonks. it doesn’t even resemble tonks at all! THINK PEOPLE, THINK!

Pretty boring, actually.

Avatar Image says:

firstly these scans are horrible, 1st pic: yah thats Luna, and i must have missed that change some how XD, 2nd pic: cool but not terribly interesting, 3rd pic: OMG !!! i want a better scan of that pic and some from inside the cave, although i seriously doubt they will let pics of that area out before the movie, 4th Pic : hard to say what room it is due to the poor quality of the scan

i want MORE!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

ok the first one does not look like luna or tonks and hello lunas hair is a lot darker blond and malfoys hair and what his wearing is 4th year and he would be in the great hall and those pix are REALLY REALLY bad and there just dum pictures and none of them made any sence.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve seen the movie at the test screening. That first scan IS from the movie, that was luna, Harry, Filch and Draco. For spoilers about that scene, see the Test Screening thread because I do describe it.. The last scan is definitely the room of requirement, though beyond that it is not a scene from the movie, I don’t believe Ron ever goes in there.

Avatar Image says:

Oh yeah and the picture of the indestinct forms on the cliff are of Dumbledore and Harry from the film. It was a breathtaking shot actually.

Avatar Image says:

the photos look really good, but I think the phrase ‘upcoming’ might be pushing it a tad too far…

it’s just under a year away, and I’m losing interest rapidly. When the adctual movie comes out then great, I’ll be there, but it’s so far off and it feels such an anticlimax.

I’ve returned to reading the books yet again instead.

Avatar Image says:

Well, that was a waste of time!

Avatar Image says:

These really ARE amazing pictures. But I am a bit puzzeled. RE: the first Photo: To me, it appears to be ‘Tonks’ and ‘Harry’ [arriving, after the train “incident”] outside the gate.’Filch’ and ‘Malfoy’[?] inside. If this is true, there are a couple of questions. 1] why is ‘Draco’ there? He is supposed to be “regailing the slytherins with some “pantomime” of breaking a nose” [‘Ron’ and ‘Hermione’ mention it, when ‘Harry’ arrives] and 2: it seems curious that ‘Filch’ should be there and not ‘Snape’?I think it may, very well, be “photoshopped” as it is so very “off”. I was not aware, Amy R, that the story had changed. I, too,agree with ‘waltponce’. We shouldn’t “talk down” to others, for their opinions/observations. It is, after all, the way THEY see it.

Avatar Image says:

I’m sorry, ‘rachezee’. I did not see your post. However, having not seen the “screening”, it appears to MY EYES to be ‘Tonks’. The hair is purplish, as in OOTP…..JMHO

Avatar Image says:

Dan looks hot! I think it’s Luna too, can’t wait to see more pics!

Avatar Image says:

It’s obviously Luna, there is no question about it. Tonks is supposed to have brown hair in this movie.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t like these pictures at all. The one with Harry, Luna, Draco, and Filch does look fake. But that kind of looks like Tonks but we all know it’s Luna. It just looks like Tonks because the light is making her hair look purple. In the book J.K said Tonks’s hair was suppose to be black not brown.

Avatar Image says:

It was mousy brown, which is a light brown. Not black.

Avatar Image says:

Even though I think none of these are fake they certainly look it!! The photoshop person at Leavesdon, needs to be sacked, it looks cheap and tacky. Although the cliffs and the huge waves one looks epic and beautiful! Not two sure about the gates, they look at bit, not in keeping with the castle, Ithink. They need to be bigger… and more, stone like. Talk about no continuity, there gates weren’t in the others films. Come on, if they weren’t there in the first place, cut them like you did with Dobby, and Kreature, and Bill and fleur and the gaunts and the other minister! Glad I got that of my chest. And I really dislike how they redress sets, you can so tell and in looks like you have run out of money which you probably have. Over all 7 out of ten.

Avatar Image says:

Tonks did not have purple hair in HPB she had brown, but I think it was short, or at least shorter than the Luna does in that pic

Avatar Image says:

Lame. Super, super lame. They reek of lameness. Oh, well. It is expected by this point.

Avatar Image says:

Yuck, I’m not fond of them, Ron looks like a girl, and the gate isn’t exactly how I imagined it, but that’s not such a big deal…

Avatar Image says:

That first photo is so “Photoshopped” that it’s not even funny. That photo of Draco is a promo from Prizoner of Azkaban.

Avatar Image says:

Someone at IMDb who saw the movie said the first one is photoshopped and it doesn’t look like that in the movie. It was clear from the fact Draco’s head is from a PoA image.

What is THIS????

Avatar Image says:

looks like it could be the RoR, got loads of random stuff that could be the hidden objects people hid in there over the years.. not how i imagioned it but it doesn’t look like astronomy tower :S :S and that is luna, her hair looks purple though but i think it’s just the picture editing / lighting / colours.

Avatar Image says:

They’re from a Spanish Agenda. I think I’m gonna get one for next year. You should know that those pics aren’t exactly scenes from the film, more like modified images so that they would fit the agenda.

Avatar Image says:

That’s not Luna, that’s Tonks I’m 100% sure :)

Avatar Image says:

Just enlarged the pic of Harry at the gate – its definitely Luna its the way Evana stands. But who is that supposed to be inside the grounds with Draco – is it Snape or Filch, and is that some sort of wheelbarrow he’s got with him? Humm very odd.

Avatar Image says:

Well Chrno, Luna is one of the most strange characters ever, but I think she’s funny and Evana does her role just exactly like how many fans and I imagined Luna.

Avatar Image says:

Luna is great, and Evanna is my favorite of the teen actors. I find it strange that she finds Harry on the train, and (what I can see of those pictures) it’s Filtch and Draco who meet Harry at the castle. Shouldn’t Malfoy be at the feast?

Avatar Image says:

That is definitely Luna. I’ve always pictured Tonks rather short, but her hair is not that long in my mind, the books, or the photos we’ve seen of her so far.

Avatar Image says:

Chrno: You MUST be joking! That is the only way anyone could ever say that about Luna. Luna is the best character in the entire Harry Potter series. She is NOT pathetic. I don’t know what you have been reading Chrno, but it is not what I have been reading. You must have gotten a few fake copies of Harry Potter if you think Luna is pathetic.

“such an ugly and weird eyes position makes me puke”

What does that mean? That makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the pictures are ok…I’m not sure what they did to Luna’s hair in that picture though…interesting…

Write a Reply or Comment