NPR Interviews Richard Griffiths and Dan Radcliffe

272

Sep 21, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

We have a bit of a treat today as actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) were guests today on NPR, where they discussed their roles in the Harry Potter films as well as working together in “Equus.” In this lovely new audio interview available here, you can hear a small snippet of the duo at work in “Equus” which formally opens on Broadway later this week, as well as reflections on working together on the Potter films. You can also read a bit more on the interview and the play via the blog of NPR host Liane Hansen. Enjoy!

UPDATE:The interview is now available for download here in our galleries.

Many thanks Cheryl and Glenn!

22 Responses to NPR Interviews Richard Griffiths and Dan Radcliffe

Avatar Image says:

Aaw, too bad we can’t download the clip – I’d have loved having it on my iPod.

But great clip, nonetheless! ;D Thank you, Sue!!

Avatar Image says:

ohh i want HP interviews.. equus isn’t my scene..

Avatar Image says:

There are no audio HP interviews right now--——next year

I loved listening to this one!! Informative,intelligent and funny…..Dan and Richard make a great team!!!

Avatar Image says:

I listen to WeSun every week. What a treat this morning to hear the interview. It’s nice to hear an interview that goes a bit more indepth about the show and the actors’ perspectives on the characters, unlike so many of the interviews that we get. Also, an addidtional treat for those that listen to the entire show was to hear Radcliffe and Griffiths read the prize list for “The Puzzler” segment of the show. As Will Shortz remarked “plummy”.

Avatar Image says:

Fantastic, insightful interview! Richard Griffiths has an amazing sense of humour! Well done for Dan as well—now I can’t WAIT for INSIDE THE ACTOR’S STUDIO!

Avatar Image says:

go to NPR.org and you can down load as a pod cast

Avatar Image says:

I liked this interview very much, and enjoyed their comments. Poor Richard, learning to deal with envy! LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Daniel has a awesome accent.

Avatar Image says:

I love Daniel’s british accent hope he never loses it.

Avatar Image says:

“when you haven’t done it many times…. theater that is”

haha! nice save :) I love Richard Griffiths!

^6why the f* would would dan lose his accent? that’s dumb

Avatar Image says:

I enjoyed this interview. The respect and comraderie that Richard and Dan feel for eachother is so apparent and great to hear!

Avatar Image says:

I heard the whole interview this morning – it was well done by interviewer and interviewees. I liked Liane’s question to Richard Griffiths about what he has learned from working with Dan Radcliffe. It seemed to catch him off guard – he’s probably used to that question being asked in the other direction! But she asked it nicely, prefacing it with a list of his vast accomplishments. Znachki, I agree that the two reading off the prize list for the Puzzlemaster segment was especially fun.

Avatar Image says:

the clip is downloadable, via the blog on the front page: download MP3.

Avatar Image says:

i LOVED the clip from the play!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could see it sooooooooo much)=

Avatar Image says:

Anon, a lot of actors with ‘regional’ accents work to neutralize their speech. Dan has a heavy London accent. If you listen to classically trained British actors you will hear the difference.

With good training, an actor can do many accents. Dan’s already worked at learning a ‘neutral British’, Australian and played around with an American accent.

I was born and raised in the deep south of the US, but have learned to speak with a neutral American accent because it’s hard to get stage or film work with a southern drawl.

Avatar Image says:

Dan doesn’t have a heavy London accent! Dan talks posh, or at least he does to this brummie!

Avatar Image says:

London accent? I thought that was THE British accent. I mean the accent of the upper class – London being the seat of the queen and all.

Avatar Image says:

Dan has a London accent yes, but certainly not a heavy one!

It’s definitely not posh upper class either, that would be more Emma Watson’s accent.

Dan’s is more the kind of accent you expect a well brought up middle class but not snobbish Londoner to speak, which is just what Dan is.

Avatar Image says:

As someone who lives about 50 miles from London, it is certainly not a strong London accent! He has a middle class london accent, which is more refined than somebody with a heavy london accent.

Avatar Image says:

Sorry. I should have said ‘distinct’ London accent. Having lived in northern England for a number of years, his accent (in regular conversation, not in the films) sounds very heavy to me.

Avatar Image says:

I tuned into WESun for the first time in awhile and caught the interview with Dan and Richard. About Dan’s accent – I really don’t know much about British accents. Most of what I’ve heard is either from BBC Radio or Masterpiece Theater. I like listening to Dan. His accent is not “posh”, like Emma’s, but I understand him perfectly. The only British accent that is impossible for me is “cockney”. It’s just doesn’t sound like English to me! LOL.

BTW, I enjoyed the interview very much!

Write a Reply or Comment