Robert Pattinson, Emma Watson and Dan Radcliffe are Hot!

121

Sep 24, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

AOL Moviefone has posted their latest list, this being “25 Under 25: Hollywood’s Hottest Stars.” Included on the list are Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory). Remarks on each of the three are as follows:

“Emma Watson. What She’s Done: As Hermione in five ‘Harry Potter’ pics, Watson has blossomed in front of eyes, from cute kid to- dare we say it- hot young adult.
What’s Next: She’ll voice Princess Pea in this winter’s ‘The Tale of Desperaux,’ then really break out of the ‘Potter’ mold in ‘09′s ‘Napoleon and Betsy.’ Of course she also has three more ‘Potter’ hits on the way.
Industry Buzz: “She is one of the brightest people I have ever met, with a razor-sharp mind,” says ‘Harry Potter’ producer David Heyman. “After seeing her work in ‘Half-Blood Prince,’ I can assuredly say she can do it all. She is a great comedienne, and brings real gravitas to the dramatic scenes.

“Dan Radcliffe. What He’s Done: Best known as the beloved boy wizard from the ‘Harry Potter’ films, he’s also made headlines by going full frontal for the London stage revival of ‘Equus.’
What’s Next: ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ is due in theaters next summer, and -after putting his “wand” on display in the Broadway run of ‘Equus’ – he’ll return to London to begin filming the two-part ‘Potter’ finale, ‘The Deathly Hallows.’
Industry Buzz: “As you can see by the work he has done outside of ‘Potter,’ he embraces challenges,” says ‘Potter’ producer David Heyman. “He is a remarkably curious young man who is eager to be the very best at whatever he does, yet retains great humility and decency.”

“Robert Pattinson. What He’s Done: The Londoner was Hufflepuff Quidditch stud Cedric Diggory in two installments of ‘Harry Potter’ (‘Goblet of Fire’ and ‘Order of the Phoenix’).
What’s Next: Hopefully ‘Potter’ hysteria prepared him well for playing vampire dreamboat Edward Cullen in the next page-to-screen phenomenon, ‘Twilight.’
Industry Buzz: “His career could be extremely unique,” director Catherine Hardwicke (‘Twilight’) tells us. “He’s a powerful, sexy leading man and slips incredibly well into different periods and styles. I’d also love to see him work on Tim Burton-esque films where he has the opportunity to create completely wild, original characters that become classics.”

Thanks Radcakesfan!

112 Responses to Robert Pattinson, Emma Watson and Dan Radcliffe are Hot!

That’s cool.

Avatar Image says:

whee! go them! but i think Rupert is more hot than Dan.

No Rupert?

i know

Avatar Image says:

Wow Sue, you are a posting machine today! I already checked Leaky once today but when I came back, there were like five new things!

Does anyone ever feel sorry for Rupert, who pretty much never wins anything? I like Dan and Emma, but I have always liked Rupert’s version of Ron just as much or more as Emma’s version of Hermione. I guess this Hottest Stars list is mostly about looks, but I still feel bad for Rupert sometimes.

Yeah, whose Emma Waton? LOL

” ‘Potter’ mold” ?

But it’s cool that Emma Watson doesn’t stop acting after the HP movies.

Avatar Image says:

Please don’t belittle Dan and Emma just because these people choose them for this list and not Rupert…..Dan and Emma can NOT control any of this type of thing and would …I am sure….want Rupert to be ON this as well were they given the chance to say so….....Dan diffenetly belongs here but I don’t get that David Heyman thinks much of his talents,as his comments on Dan are always geared in totally other directions everytime he speaks of him…...maybe when Dan is done filming these HP flms David want have to speak at all about him any more,apparently it will be a great weight off his shoulders …..and it doesn’t mean his career will not continue to be HOT!!!...I am sure it will and because he is talented in many ways. Dan,Emma, Robert and Rupert will have thriving careers no matter where they go afterwards.

Avatar Image says:

By the way, is Emma Watson confirmed to do Napolean and Betsy? I thought it was just rumoured.

Avatar Image says:

I love what heyman said about emma. She seems brillant! I love he talked about her intelligence and acting abilities. Now it looks like she’ll have a degree to go with her acting career. She’s a great role model. Not to mention seriously beautiful.

Avatar Image says:

jeannine, way to go to bash Dan in order to appease Rupert fans! I have never gotten that impression from David Heyman ever. Rupert’s roles have probably come too late to be included in this list or under the radar yet. He JUST got those roles and started filming i think right away. He might be included next year however.

This list was NOT just based on looks, sorry. look at what they say about Saorse Ronin or whoever, and the good majority of these actors are not classically handsome. (obviously i think Dan is thought lol). It’s about the buzz they create. Also note what they say under Zac Efron’s bit, about how they’d advise him to take “more risks like Daniel Radcliffe”. HP sites might not be putting up every item about Dan up but that’s okay, seeing as people are very aware of him anyways. And that’s what this list is about.

Avatar Image says:

None of my top 5 actors are on there, but I’m not disappointed!

I don’t find Dan hot, but Emma is beautiful.

Next year, we’ll see Rupert on some hot lists, I just know it!

Avatar Image says:

My comment was deleted, and I don’t know why.

Robert is quite hot! So is Emma. Dan isn’t my type….

I prefer Joseph Gordon Levitt and Jamie Bell…and of course Rupert!

You know he’ll be on all kinds of lists after the year he’s having next year!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats, guys! Rupert should have been there too. I mean; have you seen the latest images of the guy?? He’s gone from “kid that can do funny faces” to “man beast” :D drool

Sorry… lost my train of thought… :D I bet he’ll be on some other Hot-list :D

Avatar Image says:

Robert Pattinson in Tim Burton films? I guess his weird tricked out photoshop makeup on some of the twilight posters wuld make people think that the bone structure in his face could be scary. I don’t know, maybe. And I think this has a lot to do with publicity too. We all know Rupert has been in more outsidef films latley then the other two have. I mean doesn’t he have a new one coming out recently? Ballet shoes is coming out this month on DVD and Twilight is coming out soon too.

or they could just be lame =P

Avatar Image says:

Roger Friedman of Fox 911 news is on record stating that if you’re not at the Equus opening tomorrow night, you might as well be making lint balls from your dryer . He’s also the fellow that tried to pin the blame on Dan’s role in Equus for delaying the movie 6 release. I suppose that means he’ll be there?

Weasley is MY king!

Avatar Image says:

To Potions_git, no it’s EMMA that has a film (animated) coming out soon and obviously Twilight with Robert Pattinson. They’re still making ruoert’s movies and god knows when they will be released (next summer, earliest). I’m not ithat nterested in rupert or robert myself so i’m not likely to see their stuff except for the hp stuff for that matter. Dan is already out there doing Equus, and will be until February. People are seeing him every night and we’re getting reports all the time (yay!)

Avatar Image says:

“The Londoner was Hufflepuff Quidditch stud Cedric Diggory in two installments of ‘Harry Potter’ (‘Goblet of Fire’ and ‘Order of the Phoenix’).” – I thought Cedric died at the end of Goblet of Fire… hmm…

Avatar Image says:

@Jessica: He DID die, at the end of Goblet. I think they may be using the “appearance” [the picture on the mirror] as having “done” OOTP. Guess they aren’t much for CGI…LOL I still hold, all, that Mr Grint is going to come into “his own” with this next movie. Most certainly with ‘Deathly Hallows’....All is not lost, Weasley Fans!

Avatar Image says:

I’m a big fan of Dan, Emma, and Rupert, but I couldn’t care less about this list or any of the other silly lists coming out of the Hollywood media.

Avatar Image says:

Congrats to Dan and Emma! Oh yeah, and Robert :) All very beautiful people. Ha, I KNEW people would get all upset Rupert wasn’t on it. lol Oh well!! Can’t control the media. Dan is more reconizable because well, he’s the sexy Harry Potter and Emma because she’s his best female friend. Then comes Ron. That’s how it always has been but oh well. Not too upset because Dan is my man, so pretty and hot and talented and risk-taking and powerful and everything else. Rupes is sooooo not my type. Way too laid back….with Dan you have a little boy hyped up on sugar with you all day long haha. But anyway good to know these 3 made the list!

BTW- I LOOOVE what they said about Zac Efron! It is sooooo true! my god is that guy annoying and ugly….

Avatar Image says:

No one is getting all upset about Rupes not being on the list. People are bummed, but it’s not being made a big deal of. So please stop bashing.

And Ron is bigger in the books, it’s a shame about the movies.

But Rupes has a bigger part in HBP and two movies coming up. BIG movies superstars and renowned directors. So 2009 will put him on every list.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert’s on MY list of hotties, that’s for sure. :D Who wouldn’t think he’s hot? That’s just crazy! Whoever thinks Rupert is not hot: go check into a psych ward. :)

Avatar Image says:

@ Jessica & Confederate Lady, Harry’s OOTP dream scenes include a flashback from the graveyard scene. Rob is credited with a flashback.

RUPERTTTTTTT! Poor thing is always left out, even though he’s better looking than Dan.

Avatar Image says:

Catherine Hardewicke scares the crap out of me.

Avatar Image says:

Ha, that’s what i think when someone doesn’t think Dan is hot or beautiful!

To each his own, no problems.

Avatar Image says:

Oh and EVERYBODY was bigger in the novels, including Harry.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t see Emma doing Betsy and Napoleon, unless she squeezes it in between now and the final film. She just announced her intention to drop films altogether after the final Potter film so she can attend University for 4 years.

I have never thought that the Napoleon and Betsy thing was a good vehicle for her anyway. I’m just not sure how comfortably she could play opposite a middle aged man, especially playing a 13-year old girl. I know there are girls who could, but Emma, God bless her, is a pretty straight laced and proper type. The whole thing sounds creepy to me.

Avatar Image says:

Way to go Dan and Emma!!!!!!! They both definitely deserve it!...but why no Rupert…they keep underestimating his sexy….

Avatar Image says:

@Jason: Emma said she’s taking some time off from acting after the last two HP movies because she wants to focus 100% on her education and i definitely commend her for that. But she definitely will act again afterwards i’m sure. Alot of great actors like Natalie Portman have done the same thing and it didn’t negatively affect their careers.

Also, I don’t think Emma is really that straightlaced and proper. She seemed really laid back and easy-going in all of the interviews that she’s done and she did a great job playing a 14-17 year old in Ballet Shoes.

She kind of has a really youthful look going on, so I think she can definitely pull off a 13 or 14 year old girl. and if not that’s what makeup and special tape is for. : P

anyways, i’m just so happy all of them are doing different things. Rupert is filming a movie called Wild Target with Bill Nighy, Helena Bonham Carter, and Emily Blunt, and of course Dan is doing Equus. yay!!

Avatar Image says:

IF they could get the ball rolling on the Nap movie, Emma could have lots of time for filming. Usually filming might stretch to 3 months or less, depending on the role/movie. They would probably age up the Betsy character and Emma could take that on easily. She is taking up her gap year so she has these few months to do as she wishes, which is all good. After wards the hp movies will keep her in the spotlight even as she does her studies, but it’s after the hp movies are done and shown that she might have trouble afterwards. That actress Julia Stiles did the same thing and then had a hard time getting roles afterwards. Emma’s advantage is that she is part of HP, and those movies will continue to be shown on tv ad infinitum and she is british, where she will find it easier (I think) to continue on.

Avatar Image says:

I can’t wait to see Edward on screen portrayed by Rob Pattinson. I haven’t seen enough of him, not nearly as much as I’d like to see of Rob. He is so charismatic! I wanna see more and more and more and more of him. I think Emma has OVER-acted in the past and been overly dramatic. I’m eager to see how she does in HBP… It’s always more believable when it’s toned down and more subtle, and Emma is just too exaggerated in her acting. She is amazingly stunning and very smart, so I’m sure that as soon as she does more projects outside HP she’ll morph into an awesome actress. I agree Rupert did VERY VERY well in OotP and Dan gets better and better, but they are no pros YET either. I give them a lot of credit, though, because they haven’t done THAT much at all outside the HP bubble. I think HBP will be really good and, obviously, the best to date. Can’t wait! too bad it’s 9 months or so away.

Avatar Image says:

whee! go them! but i think Rupert is more hot than Dan.

Posted by lunaluu on September 24, 2008 @ 01:29 PM

i know right, i’m mad. but anyway Emma and dan and Robert (oh yeh ;) ) are still hot.

Indeed very hot. all 3 of them! I would also include Rupert.yum:D

Avatar Image says:

David Heyman kisses Emma’s butt so bad. she’s not that great of an actor. she’s gorgeous, but not everything that he’s saying she is.

Avatar Image says:

@ Holly R: ” That’s how it always has been but oh well.”

That’s not true. At the beginning, they received equal coverage. Rupert and Emma were sidekicks, and Dan was the leading kid. It wasn’t until the third movie (when Emma got less Hermione-ish and the films went in a different direction) that the media shifted its focus. All of a sudden Emma was more fashionable and a proper teen girl—she wasn’t a little kid with cute, chubby cheeks anymore. She started wear more designer stuff, because she was older and it could fit her unlike before. Then it became all about Dan AND Emma. So please please please get that straight. I mean, I’m not blaming Emma, because most girls go through that transition, but that’s what happened. BUT at the beginning it was not like that. It was definitely more balanced. I wish all three of them luck: I’m Pro-Trio.

Avatar Image says:

Poor Won- Won. He never gets as much attention as the other two. I think Rupert should of been there with Dan and Emma. :(

Avatar Image says:

radcakesfan…....’’ I’’ wasn’t bashing Dan…....you apparently totally missed my point….....I was complaining about David Heyman .Who I had always liked.,,,, you sure don’t know me or you would know i would not .

Avatar Image says:

holy cow--I saw a picture of Rupert from his new movie——for five seconds I was looking for the corner of him somewhere in the background until I realized the handsome MAN center stage was Rupert! My heart started going thump thump thump thump thump!!!

Avatar Image says:

as i said rupert fans anre annoying

Heeheeheeheehee. ( : ( : ( :

Avatar Image says:

Pity all they know about Equus is about wands. I’ve just read another rave review for Dan for this play, this time in Entertainment Weekly. And, on their forums, NY theater lovers are asking for a Tony award for him, that IS hot!

Avatar Image says:

courteni, are you a close friend of Emma Watson’s or just another jealous fan? If I were a betting person, I’d definitely put my money on jealous fan.

Avatar Image says:

I sort of agree with Jeanine regarding Heyman’s comments about Dan. His remarks seem like backhanded compliments, espcially when you compare them with what he said about Emma…i.e. Emma can do it all! & “razorsharp mind” VS Dan’s eager attempts to do his best & the old ‘well, he’s a nice guy’ bromide. Now, I don’t think Heyman intended for his comments to come across that way but that’s the vibe I get from his statements here & in other comments he’s made about Dan in the past… and it always struck me as kind of odd..

Avatar Image says:

Rupert’s hotter than any of them… Well, except for Rob Pattinson. They’re currently my favourite 2 young actors.

Avatar Image says:

Robert Pattinson, while definitely a stud, had better be a good actor too. I hope his acting and the Twilight screenplay can elevate the book to a higher level. I just hope he does more than glare, grimace, scowl, chuckle and ask Bella if is she is scared, over and over and over…...

Avatar Image says:

HELL YEAH! Robert is so hot that he makes my insides quiver! No joke! I am so excited for Twilight, it isnt even healthy! I never thought I would love a series the way I do Potter, but I found Twilight thanks to you guys, and Im in heaven, especially now that Rob is playing Edward. Have you seen the photos of him in character, HOTTTTIE!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

Haha Kerri, I also found out about Twilight from the Leaky Cauldron! :) It’s a wonderful series! I loved Robert as Cedric and I know I’m going to love him as Edward too.

Congrats to them for getting on the list! The comment on Zac Efron was indeed hilarious :)

Avatar Image says:

Rupert fans, let’s be happy for Dan, Emma and Robert….

Good for them (and I mean it. Honestly…)

Did you (Rupert fans) not see the video today???? Don’t worry about it….

Just be happy.

I’m just so happy….

HAPPY!!!

And it’s not that weird trying to make myself happy, I’m so elated,....really.

Dan fans, celebrate! Emma fans, celebrate! Robert fans, celebrate! RUPERT FANS, CELEBRATE!!!!!

Just be Happy, everybody…..

Avatar Image says:

@ Laura: I WAS going to say that it was nothing but the trio in the begining. I always forget to say something no matter what and where. I’m not trying to bash Rupert at all. It’s just a coinsidence that being the giant Dan and Emma fan I am they have both portrayed interesting non-Potter roles. Driving LEssons and Cherrybomb and whatever else Rupert has been in are not interesting to me. I just really do not know what is so great about him. I’m at lost. It’s my opinion and unfortuatly I am very opinionated. I take all of Dan’s dramatic and traumatic roles over Rupert’s any day. But whatever…and I admire Emma so much for not turning into frikkin Miley Cyris or whatever. Maybe someone should tell Dan and Emma to stop being so darn close and flirty hahahaha but I’m not complaining one bit!! No wonder the media loves them :D talk about chemistry…

Avatar Image says:

@Holly R: I know you’re not trying to bash Rupert. By the way, Cherrybomb, Wild Target, and Driving Lessons fall under the “Drama” category as well. I’m just saying ‘cos you were talking about Dan’s “dramatic and traumatic roles.” It’s okay that you’re not interested in Rupert. Some people just don’t like some actors. I, personally, think he’s great. He’s honest in his performances, and that comes across on the screen. But I love a lot of actors (Laura Linney, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Emily Mortimer, Ryan Gosling, Gael Garcia Bernal, David Tennant, Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch, Juliette Binoche, James McAvoy, Paul Giamatti, Ellen Page, etc.), so it’s not hard for me to like most of the Harry Potter cast. I’d say the other great, young actor (not in the trio) would be Matthew Lewis. His Neville melts my heart.

Avatar Image says:

@JKR_fan….EW very good review for Dan!...and SO hope so….LOVE his interviews!!...... and @ magtucket..exactly!

Avatar Image says:

@magtucket ….. I don’t think he realizes how he comes across as sounding either

Avatar Image says:

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t they make Cedric a Gryffindor in the films and he is a Hufflepuff in the books?

I think he would be brilliant in Tim Burton films.

Avatar Image says:

I totally agree with this list, Robert and Dan specially, HOT!! sorry but Rupert is not hot at all, he’s ok looking, and like someone else said it, his projects have not been challenging at all, they have been cute movies with a bit of drama but nothing more. Wild Target looks to be another comedy movie and Cherrybomb looks more like a teen movie than anything else, but that is just my opinion. So far I have not been drag to watch one of Rupert’s project but I do understand that he has lots of fans that like him.

On regards to how Rupert is going to do next year, we don’t really know, Cherrybomb looks more like an Indy film and Wild Target has one A start with a bunch of B starts like the two Rupert’s and a C star on Emily, plus we don’t know if this movie is going to play in the states, I have not seen a single movie in the States where Billy has played the main character, some of his projects have been set for HBO and the movies he has done in the states were done with big stars like Johny Deep for Pirates and a few other projects for Underworld, other than that we don’t know if this movie is going to be play in US or not.

Avatar Image says:

Yay to Dan for being on this list again. it’s a sily list I knowand not worth all this debate but as we are all being silly, then may I say that Dan is Hotter than Rupert! (Hey, if the Rupert fans are allowed to say Rupert is HOtter, then I’ll use the privilege as well. lol) Rupert growing up well in looks lately but Dan and Emma are among the best looking teens in show business today.

And they aren’t just HOT on the outside but their future projects are looking Hot also. Dan’s getting good reviews again for Equus and it’s not even opening night yet. Here’s hoping for a TOny for him. And although AOL might be exaggerating on that Napoleon film for Emma, we just can’t help to look forward to all that talent and looks displayed on another project.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is a B star? Ouch, his fans are going to disagree majorly with that. lol. While I agree that his projects are not exciting enough for the media and the general movie going public, the kid has improved in looks lately. HIs new pics in his new indie film are veery fine. He’s not as hot as some of the boys on that list but Rupert may enter this list next year.

As for Dan and Emma, yeah, two very good looking teens, aside from having that X factor that makes them media friendly. But Pattinson is only hot now because of Twilight. Otherwise, he’d be on the same scale as poor Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

so glad dan and emma made it to the hot list!yes emma is very hot..as a girl even i can see she’s so totally different from a few yrs ago!dan is alright i guess,not totally hot as rob pattinson!wooohoo..

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think this list is about being HOT on the outside anyway,meaning the way they look.It is more about what is happening in their careers and will be happening in the future….but I am very happy to see Dan on there…....and he would be on there for both reasons. Yeah!! good chose!

Avatar Image says:

Firstly I am not a Rupert fan. This is a post in regards to all the previous posts. I don’t see where all this rupert bashing is coming from. If you read critics reviews, rupert’s acting has gotten more positive reviews in Driving Lessons, and HP than Dan’s acting in December Boys and HP what other else he is doing. Rupert is a great actor, when I see him play Ron I don’t see Rupert. But with Dan’s Harry, a lot of the regular scenes(emotions not required to be mad/dramatic), I see Dan, but in the recent more dramatic scenes I see Harry. So Dan may have mastered it on stage but on film he still has a long way to go, no where near any of the great actors mentioned before in someone else’s post. And Dan’s romantic scenes come off forced, while his dramatic scenes are really good, so Dan is not as well rounded as all you may think. For Rupert, we can see how his romantic and comedic skills are in HBP. Another thing about this list 25 under 25: It’s based mostly on popularity and how much money they earned. Because Dan and Emma so they are more famous and their contracts were worth more money than rupert’s (emma’s people negotiated, rupert’s didn’t). And Ruperts overall personality allowed Dan and Emma to step forward in the media than himself (he has one word answers while dan and emma are actively talking and trying to make the interviewers laugh so they remain more memorable) If rupert decided to be more vocal and interactive, I’m quite certain he would have been on the list.

Avatar Image says:

Well Dan and Emma are tow good looking kids and I think Rupert is an OK looking guy (not hot IMO) even with the recent pics he doesn’t come as gorgoeus looking, ON the other hand if we talk about projects then at this moment the buzz is on Dan for his great reviews and good he’s selling tikets in Broadway for been a dramatic play and not a musical (musical are doing great in Broadway, dramatic plays are doing bad with the exception of Equus) – now next year we don’t really know if Rupert’s movies are going to have the buzz Dan’s projects are having so far, so lets just wait and see what happens.

Avatar Image says:

for dan’s acting, i meant in the movies, not on stage, I am comparing film of rupert and dan not anything else before people misread/misjudge

Avatar Image says:

kiera, Dan received rave reviews in DB, almost all of the reviews if not all pretty much like Dan’s performance, one thing is that they didn’t like the direction of the movie than to say that they didn’t like dan’s performance (please read all the reviews) so in that sense both Rupert and Dan received equally reviews since most critics didn’t like DL but like Rupert’s acting.

And on the HP movies is a matter of opinion some people think Rupert overacts with his annoyingn faces, while others may like it, but Harry’s character is different than the rest of the other characters in the HP books, Ron is easy to read the same with Hermione, Harry is more of a “who am I” character which Dan’s plays it perfectly since Ootp Dan has received nothing but great reviews for playing Harry, Dan also received nothing but rave reviews on My Boy Jack and RAVE reviews in Equus, and also rave reviews in Extras, so don’t point out something you’re not quite aware, Dan’s projects outside HP have been nothing but great specially from the critics point of view!

Avatar Image says:

Rupert has done 2 films between hbp and dh next feb. why isn’t he worthy?

Avatar Image says:

kiera i see rupert as ron always in every movie he acts. maybe thunderpants was not so rupertish but driving lessons was rupert, ron is was rupert.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is overshadowed unfortunately. All three of the HP trio should be on this list, Who made this list? Some of these people I’ve never heard of.

Avatar Image says:

Dan is not bad looking, but Rupert should be on the list too. Dan is a little too out there and eccentric for me and talks too much. Rupert is quiet yes, but he seems to be the strong silent type, but really cool. I also think he’s the best actor of the three. Just my opinion. And this list?? I mean, half of these people aren’t even known. Rupert is better than them. I don’t get it.

Avatar Image says:

“wow, girls really think dan radcliffe is good-looking? i always kind of thought he looked like a hobbit or something… go figure!” ha ha, ha…

Dan may look like a hobbit but I have always thought Rupert looked like a cabbage patch doll and looking at some of the recent pictures of him, he looks like a “grown up” cabbage patch doll!

Avatar Image says:

steve, it ain’t just girls thinking Dan is hot. Tons of guys have been crushing on Dan. That’s been evident since equus, well, no, they’re just more vocal/visible now lol. It’s given him a new audience, one that isn’t interested in HP ( i gotta admit, i was initially embarrassed as many adults were in their interest in HP) . But this list is not just about looks, it’s about buzz and the acting. I don’t see much talk about rupert on other forums /sites at all. You do with the other 3. Also, if there are some people who still don’t know who “Daniel Radcliffe” is, do you really think they would know who “Rupert Grint” is?

I’m thinking this is the same list that last year’s board that came up with the list included Michael Douglas the actor as well as public relation people and other studio people. Obviously movie people WOULD know who’s hot or not. There were 22 other spots, people shouldn’t be knocking Dan, Emma or Robert’s inclusions . There’s a few i don’t recognize either but they evidently have their own market niche. Everybody else i do recognize and have no problem with being on this list.

Avatar Image says:

I’m glade from them. Really. But why do they always leave Rupert out? I think he’s hot. Anyone else agree with me?

Avatar Image says:

Miia, I have seen all the HP movies enough times to make my decision that I don’t think Dan plays Harry the way I picture Harry when reading the books. You don’t have to point to me that I am not aware of things which I am speaking about. Your opinion about Dan playing Harry is that, YOUR OPINION!. That being said, you haven’t read my full comment, I said Dan acts the dramatic angry scenes well but for me he just looks indifferent most of the time (I feel that his crying is bad and his romantic scenes are worse, to me). I picture Harry to be more interactive than that. Rupert may be whiny as Ron but that’s the direction of Ron that the producers wanted to take. I see Ron and not Rupert when I see the performance but I can’t say that about Dan’s Harry all the time. As for DB and Equus? Saw them both. Like Equus, but not DB. I read poor reviews of DB as well so don’t shove your views down my throat. I am perfectly aware on what I am critiquing on. I find it ridiculous that Rupert is not on this list, he is a great actor. But then again I already mentioned how I feel about this list previously. That being said, if you are a Dan enthusiast, keep it to yourself. I liked him a lot on stage but he is inconsistent on film to me, just because he impressed me on stage doesn’t mean I will be biased and give him rave reviews on all his other projects just because of Equus. I say it like I see it. Don’t assume that the people on this website are uninformed when they speak about a topic. You have no idea who they are and the extent of their knowledge.

Avatar Image says:

I don’t find dan cute. I think he looks pretty in premieres and photoshoots but most of the time dan looks like a hobbit to me. I am not attracted to him. I also agree with Kiera, I believe that people have their own opinions and just because of how well dan performed in Equus doesn’t give him a one way ticket to the best actors list. He isn’t as great on film as he is on stage, in my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

I agree, Dan isn’t as good on in films/movies as he is on stage. I saw Equus and loved it. But there is a disparity there between his stage and film acting. I do end up seeing Dan in some scenes and not the character he is playing both in DB and HP. Stage was different though. Great projection and performance there.

Avatar Image says:

Not a big fan of Dan’s portrayal of Harry. Too much inconsistencies in his performance.

Avatar Image says:

Dan is good, but he is not great. People don’t understand, he has a long way to go before he is as good as gary oldman, who is a great actor. Equus cannot make everyone believe automatically that Dan is great on screen. He is to prove it with every scene and every performance like Gary has done and so far he isn’t there yet.

Why are people so obsessed that they can’t separate his acting on stage from the his acting in HP?

Avatar Image says:

I don’t think Dan is the best. Rupert should be on the list. If Rupert is on stage he may wow us, Dan got the opportunity first. And Rupert’s acting is great.

Avatar Image says:

Not everyone is crazy about Dan that they can’t make their own judgements about his acting in hp. Wow, grow up you lot. To me Dan’s performance of Harry is not as canon-like at all.

Avatar Image says:

thank you all for stating your opinions, I thought it was just me who thought that Dan was getting too much compliments to the point that all other actors in hp are being shoved in the background no matter how good they are. Equus is not the answer to everything. I don’t think dan’s acting is surpassing all others on hp. he could use more room for improvement…

Avatar Image says:

So I hadn’t checked the list before but I have now. There’s a lot of great talent, but I am confused by some entries—Zac Efron and Miley Cyrus, specifically. What’s up with that? Those are two of the worst actors I’ve ever watched. Zac’s performances are actually laughable (coming from someone who’s seen HSM2), and the same goes for Miley. I’ve watched her show (I have a little sister), and her skills are not impressive. Why put her on the same list as people like Dan and Emma? I mean, I don’t like Emma that much, but as least she’s better at acting than Zac and Miley. It’s just weird.

Avatar Image says:

Radcakesfan, The fact that Micheal Douglas was on the list last year doesn’t mean that the list is necessarily fool proof. reason being that it’s hottest 25 under 25 meaning it’s mostly based on popularity and the money they made. Why would robert pattinson whose performance in twilight has not even been seen yet and whose part in hp was too small to make him a good actor be on this list? Because twilight is the next big movie to come out and is getting a lot of hits online and has high popularity right now. Don’t assume that all lists created by websites are given by industry experts (who are sellouts anyway because they care more about the big blockbusters and money making movies anyway).

hottest 25 under 25 is essentially a popularity contest of who is getting hype/got hype for a certain period of time. Not to say that a lot of the actors on it aren’t good, ellen page, but for robert pattinson to be on it when we haven’t even really seen him act in a major role yet just proves that it is popularity first.

Avatar Image says:

yes MK, That’s why people shouldn’t be upset that rupert is not on the list because this list is not really about acting chops as it is about popularity.

Avatar Image says:

exactly! rupert fans should stop whining over a list. or many lists. or whatever.

Avatar Image says:

Wow, I can´t help but notice how much the three comments from lilycole, cruella and hipocrates sounds repetive

Oh and as for the “It´s just a “who´s-hottets-list” babbling from Rupert fans…What will you calI it IF Rupert was on the list???

Besides if it´s “just another popularity-list” why then are you so upset about Rupe being on it or not.

Personally I really don´t care about lists like this. I think Dan is an AMAZING young actor with lots of potential, and he doesn´t have to be on some “hot-list” to prove that to me

Avatar Image says:

This is fantastic. Robert looks great in the Twilight promos, Emma is getting to be quite the fashion maven, but for me it is always Dan. Congradulations to them all.

Avatar Image says:

why cant we talk about what the ropic is & nothing else… good for them i’m really happy for them… & i dont even like the harry potter movies… i like the books…(haha i’m a hypocrite i got off of topic)

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad Dan’s getting great reviews again in Equus and many of the critics who reviewed the play basically say the same thing: Dan is a great actor but unfortunately, the story(outdated) and director (Thea Sharrock’s theatrics) do not serve Dan well. I think that basically sums up what happens in the HP films. The movie adaptation leaves somehting to be desired. Harry’s movie version is watered down to being a stoic streotypical hero that doesn’t showcase much of Dan’s talent. Heck, same goes for all the characters. That’s why they ALL have to prove themselves outside POtter because the HP franchise is not the vehicle to an Oscar. It has its own agenda: money. Heaven forbid that it becomes an artistic oscar worthy film cause that’s only second to the mass appeal that brings in the money at the box ofice.

THat said, the Rupert fans shouldn’t be slighted that he’s not on this list. The criteria is clearly popularity. It’s not about the best actors cause Efron is there along with other wannabees. It’s not even about looks cause I see some plain janes and ordinary looking guys there. (Of course, Dan and Emma are on the good looking camp). It’s about who’s IN and maybe it’s time to accept that Rupert’’s not all that popular. INdie films hardly make money nor generate media buzz and since that’s all he’s been doing outside Potter, there you go…

Avatar Image says:

hahahah keira, cruella, hipocrates and a few of the other made up names on page 4 please don’t be so obvious, at least try to cover you’re the same person makeing the same statements…sad! some Rupert fans are jsut sad!! LOL!

Avatar Image says:

Kiera, it’s funny how you say you’re not a Rupert fan but you just behave like one, at least I’m proud of been and say that I’m a Dan fan. Don’t be ashame if you’re a Rupert fan!!

And you’re right it’s your opinion, you and all those made up names below you (way too obvious) can think all you want about Dan’s acting, but it’s your opinion so “who cares” really. All I know is how I read Harry and how I see him on the screen – and Dan is spot on as Harry, having to carry the entire franchise on his shoulders I think Dan as Harry is going wonderful, no matter what you think.

About DB why you point out something false, Dan DID received RAVE reviews for his performance as Maps, the critics didn’t like the movie becasue of the editing, story and directions but no because of the acting, I advise you to re-read those reviews, and what about My Boy Jack, a TV movie, another project in which Dan received RAVE reviews – so there you have it, he is perfect in Movies, TV and now Theater…what a complete actor we have on Dan.

And I’m glad the rave reviews keep coming with Equus in Broadway – that makes Dan a serious actor above most if not all the young actors in the Harry Potter movies.

Avatar Image says:

Rupert is number one on my list.

Avatar Image says:

We fangirls have different definitions of what is hot or handsome so I’ll give credit more to a male observer who is not a fan but a hard nosed critic. In the glowing Equus reviews circulating around, Dan is praised for his powefrul stage presence and for his serious acitng chops, but peppered through these reviews are the words ” HANDSOME” and “Good looking” and “buff”. These are not uttered by fangirls but by Male, serious critics who are clearly not Fans.

Avatar Image says:

What I really wanna know is when Robert Pattinson’s Little Ashes is coming out!? The movie is complete. it should be coming soon. That movie is the one I REALLY wanna see!!! If he did his homework the can be absolutely awesome!!!! Does anyone know?

Avatar Image says:

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson * ARE NOT IN COMPETITION * Thank you ( goes off to beat head against a brick wall ).

Avatar Image says:

Why is it though that all Dan fangirls think rupert is unattractive or ignore/bash him all together, when most Rupert fangirls obviously find Rupert better but like dan as well. It’s like Dan fans can’t like both. That bothers me. And dan isn’t exactly buff. He doesn’t look broad, he looks pretty shrimpy and lean. Which is probably why he looks muscular because he’s so skinny, nothing but muscle itself. He still does have a nice build though. Dan might have a career in stage acting, not film acting. He’s overpraised by the media IMO.

Avatar Image says:

Miia, you are entitled to your own opinion. I still don’t like Dan’s Harry or DB. The reason why I defended poor Rupert not being on this list is not because I am a crazy fan but because I felt that Rupert acts better than Dan in HP and is more consistent in his acting. That being said, don’t assume that I am the other people, because I am not. Your opinion is that, it’s yours only. People will disagree with you. It’s life.

Avatar Image says:

Patrick, we know many rupertfans say they think Dan is ugly and bash him all the time, so please stop trying to make you grintfans so perfect. We know you’re not. Look at your own comments here. Heck, i’ve seen your comments on that rupertemma fanboard lol. Not everyone likes guys with rupert’s build or his looks. His eyes freak me out. I just don’t like looking at him, to be honest. I much prefer Dan’s lean build and looks/. And he is taller than me, and looks taller onscreen, so his height is no biggie.( I suppose Rupert is also considered a shrimp to you as he is only 2 inches taller than Dan. ) His role in HP has been, especially in the last movie, minimal and to many people, not noticable. Not his fault, everybody’s role has been reduced in the last movie, they cannot possibly fit in the whole book unfortunately. But that and lack of enough interest is exactly why he didn’t get on that list this year. It’ll be interesting to see if he gets on the list next year.

Oh and to someone else,, Michael Douglas wasn’t ON the list but helped choose the list. I think someone had asked who made the list.

To Scully, i agree, they are not in competition. They are also not tied together. Just because one person or two people make a list, doesn’t mean the third person automatically should be. Someone complained that the WB only allowed Dan and Emma to be on this list and suppressed Rupert . How stupid is that? The WB would be overjoyed if ALL their actors and actresses were on all the lists- talk about bragging rights.

Wow! Read what Playbill just wrote about Dan:

Peter Shaffer’s psychological drama, Equus — one of the quintessential serious-play hits of the ‘70s — was his vehicle. Richard Griffiths was his co-star. Thea Sharrock, who directed the previous London run of the production, was the director. And the world was his audience.

Today, Radcliffe is breathing easy. According to the theatre’s arbiters of achievement (i.e, the critics), he leaped over this career hurdle with room to spare. Not only did he not embarrass himself, he distinguished himself, creating a character far distant from Harry, a disturbing soul that served the play and illustrated Radcliffe’s growth as an actor.

“and the world was his audience”

That is why he is on this list. Robert Pattinson is due this too, because of HIS starring role which has excited so many others. Emma allways has, I guess, and even without a new role, she is being pursued by fashion houses and the like.

Avatar Image says:

Radcakesfan, that’s cool, we all have our opinions, and people will disagree. btw, Dan himself has joked about his height. He’s short lol, but that’s ok. I just don’t like dan. Can’t put my finger on it why, but I just don’t. The Details spreads freaked me out like Rupert freaks you out. I never said dan was a bad actor, and i actually said I think he’s a very good stage actor, just doesn’t do it for me in Potter just as Rupert doesn’t do it for you. It’s like you said, a matter of taste.

BTW, why were you on the rupertemma board if you don’t like rupert? :P Were you on recently?

Avatar Image says:

this is so rigged why isint rubert up there he is way more hot than robert. why? why? why? porquay( i think thats how u spelll why in spanish) ;)

Avatar Image says:

katie, I’m not saying that you shouldn’t write your opinion, but your opinion is yours only, right?? then don’t come and make up stories about the critics on regards to DB or Harry Potter – if Dan doesn’t do it for you its cool! but most if not all the critics don’t agree with you and I prefer to take their word of knowledgeable people than another fan.

Avatar Image says:

How can you say this is rigged, allie? Rupert is only Hot in your eyes, but in the eyes of the media, theexecutives and the movoiegoers, he’s not. Hot is when every little thing you do and say becomes newsworthy and becomes basis for executive decision making. That’s why Efron is there because although he is a pan actor, he has boxoffice appeal and is influential in a certain age bracket. That’s why Pattinson is there eventhough he has not proven himself yet – acting wise and boxoffice wise. It’s because “Twilight” is a big book series and the movie versions are going to be big. Get off your blind horse and go byond the HP backyard to see the the world arena. Grint is just a speck in the dust among the thousands of talented youngsters there.

Avatar Image says:

Here’s a thought. Why not write a petition letter to WB to rig all popularity contest so that Rupert can be included in the list along with Dan and Emma? Or why stop at Rupert? Let’s have the Entire Cast on these lists. That’s one way of promoting HP right? LOL

Avatar Image says:

I agree with alona that it isn’t rigged. That’s a dumb thing to say. However, Rupert has been noticed by the critics and execs., also getting positive reviews for his portrayal of ron and on screen chemistry with emma as well. He also DOES has a fairly large fanbase, though not as large as either dan or emma’s. Why that is, Idk. But I think Rupert can become more popular as time goes on after Potter.

Avatar Image says:

PATTINSON (NOO) EMMA, DAN (ALRIGHT) RUPERT???

Avatar Image says:

Dan and Emma deserve it, but instead of giving it to Robert, I think it would be worth giving it to Rupert. Seriously,his acting is really tough and comes out so well with it.Plus,he’s also acted in quite a number of movies.They should have given it to Rupert.

Avatar Image says:

22 other spots, people. 22.

Avatar Image says:

radcakesfan, i really can’t for the life of me understand why a 40 + woman gets so caught up in these popularity polls. i would think that you would have put that behind you in junior high. i don’t think most people begrudge dan and emma’s ability to get on these lists. what really suprises me, though is why someone your age would find it necessary to go above and beyond normal to belittle and mock (sometimes subtle, sometimes not) , a kid 20 years younger or to gush and drool over a young man who is still a teen. i think in the real world dan would have a restraining order against you. maybe you should rethink your priorities. of course this is just my opinion.

Avatar Image says:

dude there r 40 plus people on here… haha idk y but i find that amazing.. i’m just 15!

Avatar Image says:

to whichwitch , I’m not so caught up but i can enjoy it as much as the 50 most gorgeous men list or whatever. You’re just upset that your fave didn’t get on there. It’s funny to see the hypocrisy of certain fans of a certain costar where they say it doesn’t bother them, yet they go and tell others to check leaky or wherever out because someone got passed over again. Going by some people’s comments, they do seem to begrudge DAn and Emma’s inclusion on these lists . If they want to give their opinion, you can’t really begrudge us ours. I also wonder at your lot’s passion about certain stars and non canon ships, fiction and real life. Really, wanting ie d/e shippers to die or drop off the earth or whaever smacks of maturity, don’t you agree? Kind of wonder what threatens you lot so.

Avatar Image says:

Shipping??? People are bringing shipping wars into this now? shakes head

Anyway… to whoever said the trio are not in competition. Absolutely! They fully support each other in all their work and show a heck of a lot more decorum than some of the fans here.

I like Rupes best, but honestly don’t care whether he’s on these lists. It tends to bug me a little when stars I like suddenly get adored and drooled over by everyone else too. I mean sure, it would be a nice surprise if he got that sort of recognition I guess (as we’re not used to it), but I’m quite happy with him being recoginsed by the critics as opposed to just the media.

Dan gets both, but good for him. He definitely deserves to be there.

Avatar Image says: du bist toll emma

Write a Reply or Comment