MTV Feature on Rupert Grint in “Cherrybomb”

290

Sep 29, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

MTV has a new article online, featuring new photos and a new interview with actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) regarding “Cherrybomb.” In the piece, Rupert discusses taking on the role in the film he just wrapped, saying of the part ”… I’m playing such a cool, different character that I’ve never done before. It’s nice to get to act like you’re more confident, even for a little bit.”

The film requires a mature love scene which Rupert noted was “quite awkward to film, with the whole crew watching. They’re in bed!” But the real adult subject matter, Grint said, is what happens afterwards ” which he didn’t want to spoil. “It gets quite serious’ he said. “It gets a bit crazy. Really violent and out of hand and lethal at the end.”

But delving into the more mature material wasn’t the hardest part for Grint ” it was the Belfast accent. “It’s a mishmash of all sorts of different accents’ he said. “I got the vocal coach to make me a CD of all the lines and I put that on my iPod, and that really helps, to learn the vowel sounds. Otherwise, I’d pick it up from the crew, sine they were all local.”

As noted in the article, having completed work on Cherry Bomb in Ireland, Rupert is currently at work in London, England on another new film called “Wild Target.” Thanks to MTV for the heads up!

44 Responses to MTV Feature on Rupert Grint in “Cherrybomb”

Avatar Image says:

It’s so nice to finally see Rupert on the Leaky radar more than once in a blue moon. I hope he does well if acting is what he really wants to do. He’s quietly getting himself out there and I wish him luck.

Avatar Image says:

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW HOT HE LOOKS IN THOSE PICS!!!

ohmygod.

Avatar Image says:

I’m surprised you guys posted this but it is great to see that you are actually finally sharing career news on him when it actually comes out the way you do Dan and Emma.

Avatar Image says:

cant wait!!!!!!!! he is amazingly talented! and HOT!

Avatar Image says:

Go Rupert! He is quickly becoming my favorite actor among the trio.

Avatar Image says:

YES, YES, YES!!! THANK YOU LEAKY!! Rupert looks sooo hot, I need to see this movie, and he is talking way more in interviews, I’m so happy!!

Avatar Image says:

The movie looks very edgy—I can’t wait! Hopefully they won’t dumb it down for the kiddies.

Avatar Image says:

finally some news i can read without thinking, “oh gosh, not that AGAIN.”

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for finally keeping up on all the Rupert News, Leaky. Keep on your toes! 2009 is the YEAR OF THE GRINT!

And he looks incredible in those pics.

“Why do my movies always involve illegal things with cars?”

Avatar Image says:

I’m very happy to see things coming together for Rupert!!!!!

He’s such a good actor…I can’t wait to see him in more non-HP films!!!!!

And those pictures?? WOW, Rupert has become TOTALLY HOT!!

Avatar Image says:

ok i know i’ll be the 5th person to say it but WOW he look so good! I’m a big fan of his and i think that’s one of the best pictures i’ve ever seen! can’t wait to see him in more and more roles.

Avatar Image says:

Okay..I´m defently (spell???) NOT a Rupert-fan ( I don´t find him attractive at all)...BUT I think he looks really great in those pics..I think he should keep that look for DH…

He looks good :)

And I’m happy for him, I hope he continues to do all these different kinds of films.

Avatar Image says:

I’m a HUGE Rupert Grint fan—he’s my favorite of the kid actors in the Potter films. I skipped Driving Lessons because it seemed like a vanity project to bring Rupert out a little as he was essentially playing himself opposite his movie mom.

But this looks way different, he looks way different, and I’ll be interested to see how he handles the accent. I’ll be rooting for him, as he seemed to be the most marketable of the kid actors and potentially the most versatile.

Avatar Image says:

Even though the pics are great, but what I can’t get over is: how good, and I mean really GOOD he talked in that interview! I mean, really… WOW!

He’s really all grown up, isn’t he? sniffs

Avatar Image says:

He looks unbelievable in those photos!! Seriously very sexy.

I’ve always thought he was adorable in a kid sort of way (though I’m not too much older than him). Lately though, he’s coming off as a very handsome man. I’m not complaining :)

Yippy-Skippy!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

OOoooh, is that RUPERT GRINT?

I’m gonna watch this movie and end up with a bucket of drool.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks, again, Sue! You and Leaky keep us “up to date” on everyone related to HP. I am especially glad to see a bit of “rupernews” He is going to go., quite far, I believe. He’s got a lot of talent. It is so great to see him coming into his own. BTW: I so hope this comes to the US. I WANNA SEE IT!

Avatar Image says:

Like everyone pretty much said… hubba hubba! lol I’m so excited for next year! It definitely would be Rupert’s year. The movie sounds amazing and I really hope it ends up in theaters!

Avatar Image says:

sings I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it, I know I know I know that Rupert’s gonna own 2009!!!

Avatar Image says:

well, hello there, Rupert. i’m liking that photo.

Avatar Image says:

I might faint. He’s so hot.

Avatar Image says:

I knew he’s going to be a super super star! He’s gonna get bigger than he is now! It’s just in his cards. He’s got lots of charisma, this boy. He’s gonna go far.

Avatar Image says:

Thanks for the news! He looks amazing! Am so looking forward to seeing both movies!

Avatar Image says:

He looks unbelievably hot!!!

Avatar Image says:

Wow, over a page into the comments and no Rupert haters have shown up yet? That’s got to be some kind of record.

I seriously cannot get over how hot he looks in those pics! I’ve been an obsessed fan of his since the first movie so I’ve always pretended to squee over how “hot” he is with my fellow fangirls, but to be honest I never really thought much of his looks (he hit an all-time low in GoF especially), and it made me sad. Now finally I can truthfully say I think he’s a freaking hottie. :P Totally worth the wait.

Avatar Image says:

This movie is another good choice for Rupert. All his movies have shown his talent and are enjoyable to watch. Love the pics from Cherrybomb!

Avatar Image says:

I actually gasped when I saw the picture of Rupert wearing the suit. Wow! I always thought he was a terrific actor but just thought he was pleasant-looking but not necessarily hot. I’ve got to say I’ve just changed my mind, Rupert’s absolutely gorgeous, and all grown up!

I was planning on seeing CB and Wild Target anyway, but these pictures make me want to see them even more.

Avatar Image says:

omg.. rupert is hot. i am practically obsessed with him.lol. i cannot believe he is in another movie, i officially have to see it, its so hard to picture him in another movie other than harry potter. but no doubt i am going to see that movie! I LOVE YOU RUPERT!!! xoxo

Avatar Image says:

I sense a little biterness in Jo’s comment. Are you implying that Leaky doesn’t post Rupert news on purpose? It sems to me that you are also implying that Rupert has lots of news and is beloved of the media but that he gets shafted here in HP sites. tut tut.

How about a paradigm shift my dear, so you won’t be so bitter. Maybe if the news is form a known entertainment and news site, Leaky will post it. And since Grint is not news worthy enough to land healdines in the NY or TIme or some other sites, that explains the so called “lack of news.” Just a thought…

Avatar Image says:

Wow. If I could use the word I want to use in front of the word ’ Hot ’ then I would. I suppose I’ll just have to substitute it with ’ Effing ‘I LOVE those pictures! I’m really looking forward to this film. I really liked the interview, its really nice to see him talking about other things the HP and being more articulate. I would have usually saved these pictures but I’m waiting for the HQ. I wan a close up of all that. Tasty Dish.

I really cant wait until this film comes out.

Avatar Image says:

What a complete babe. He is seriously delicious. Talented, sweet, humble, funny…God, please make more like him? Enough to go around? Pretty please? Probably impossible, though. He’s one of a kind, and I adore him! Can’t wait to see how high his star rises (pretty high, I think).

Avatar Image says:

I was actually more excited for Wild Target than this, but now I’m not so sure… Wow!

Trust Rupert to make the wait for HBP a heck of a lot less unbearable!

I’d also like to echo those who are grateful that he’s getting some nice coverage on TLC. Let’s hope he gets some on Pottercast too! :)

Wow….He looks stunning….

“And since Grint is not news worthy enough to land healdines in the NY or TIme or some other sites”

rolls eyes How ridiculous. Grow up.

Tsk, tsk…

“And since Grint is not news worthy enough to land healdines in the NY or TIme or some other sites, that explains the so called “lack of news.”’

FOR NOW, maybe. insert a Dolores Umbridge smirk here

But that’s SO about to change in 2009! Rupert’s gonna be everywhere, he’s the only one of the HP trio to have THREE effin’ movies released in 2009! Beat that! Plus he’s such a babe! worships the ground Rupert walks on

Avatar Image says:

Yeah shut the hell up Joanna she’s not bitter it’s somewhat true really. You’re the one trying to start something.

Avatar Image says:

Oh, come on everyone, just ignore this Joanna person, they’re just too bitter, and the news are too good they can’t find anything substantial that they can bash, so they pick up at any random something and try to stir $hit. Their words spell J.E.A.L.O.U.S.Y and B.I.T.T.E.R.N.E.S.S all over it. LOL, they’re the ones in pain, and are babbling anything irrelevant in a desperate attempt to inflect pain on us too. So, yeah, best thing is to let them bask in thier own pain without us paying any attention to their pathetic whines ;-D

He looks fabulous! <3

Avatar Image says:

I agree, I think he looks so different and confident, I love the pictures and the interview was amazing, he spoke very well about his character and he didn’t use cool or yeah in every sentence, I am proud of him, keep doing a good job Rupert!!

Avatar Image says:

I’m in my 50’s, but I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter series. I’ve seen these kids grow up over the years and now to think that Rupert has done a bed scene with a girl (sorry, I mean a woman and he’s 20 years old, so he’s no kid anymore, he’s a man) and that Daniel is naked on stage with a great (WOW!) body and I remember them as little kids, so I’m still looking at them as little kids. But they’re not! They grew up too fast! I hope to see all of them in more movies and I will remember them as beautiful, little children. They’re all grown up now and good luck to all of them.

How awesome this interview and pictures are. I love Rupes. <3

Avatar Image says:

RuPeRt IS LOOKIN REALY VERY CUTE AND I WISH HIM GUD SUCCESS IN HIS UPCOMING FILMS.

Avatar Image says: i really admire rupert grint.i think he is amazing in DRIVING LESSONS.he rocks

Write a Reply or Comment