Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park to Open December, 2009?

111

Jan 19, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

As reported previously, there is a new Harry Potter theme park attraction being built that will be part of the Universal Orlando park complex in Orlando, Florida. While previously it had been stated that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was to be open sometime late 2009 or early 2010, there is a new report now online that seems to have a more specific opening date. TCPalm.com is reporting that Universal Orlando Resort President Bill Davis said the theme park “is expected to open Dec. 1, 2009.” As the park is in early stages of construction, we do not know at this point if this is just a preliminary target date or how true this date will hold for the future, and will update with more on this when we can.

Thanks Pat!

40 Responses to Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park to Open December, 2009?

Avatar Image says:

i can’t wait til it opens!

Avatar Image says:

Neither can I.. well, sort of. I’d wait a year or two to go, after it opens, cause then it’ll be sure all the attractions are working , probably even some new one that at opening time was still not finished but they had to open the park asap to start cashing.

Avatar Image says:

Me either Katie … should be a blast … looking forward to that first butterbeer!

Avatar Image says:

That is gonna be the best thing ever!

Avatar Image says:

PA-A-A-RTY!!!! I cannot wait until the park opens…I am right there!

Avatar Image says:

What I can’t wait for is auditions/hirings!

Avatar Image says:

Fun, fun, fun! Can’t wait!

Avatar Image says:

du think theyll make butterbeer?

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wate for the grand opinng

Avatar Image says:

who needs a con, i’m sure there will be a pile of us ready to go for the opening week.

Avatar Image says:

I cannot go there at all.. :( I would, but I cannot…

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow, I can’t wait for it to open! I hope Jo cuts the ribbon! I highly doubt I will be able to attend the grand opening, but I want to so badly!!!!!! California’s a long way away from Florida, and I’ve got a long way to go before I graduate.

Avatar Image says:

Thought you may be interested in this—

There’s some information about contracts, rides etc.

It’s handy being a Theme Park and Potter fan! =D

Avatar Image says:

You’re all so lucky….I’ far away from America,so I will never see it…bad luck I guess…but maybe someone could send me airplane and park ticket?

Avatar Image says:

Figures I’ll be in college by then. Scaryyy. Eh, maybe I’ll go summer 2010 with my whole family. Gosh… things are going to be so different by then. It’s sad, really. ponders scary thought of future

Avatar Image says:

Gah!!! I’m sooooo excited!! I can’t wait!!! I’ll bet at least Jo will be there, probably some of the stars from the movies, too.

Avatar Image says:

Yay! I can’t wait! I want to go when it opens! I’ve never been to one of the conferences and that will be the ultimate one! I can just see it: we all meet in The Leaky Cauldron and chat and yay!

I just pictured us all walking around wearing nametags that have our online names on it. LOL.

Avatar Image says:

I will be there :) When can we buy tickets???

Avatar Image says:

Better start saving up for my trip to the US!

Avatar Image says:

Gah, I need to figure how I’m getting to Florida- California is pretty far away, lol. But yeah, super excited for it!!

Avatar Image says:

OMG…I just get soooo excited. I’ll def spend my xmas there in 2009. Whoohoo….

Avatar Image says:

this is so awesome =] i cannot wait !

Avatar Image says:

Why does everyone keep calling it a theme park? It’s going to be a part of Islands of Adventure with only a few additional rides and attractions. Plus, most of the new rides are standard rides with extra themeing, so waiting a year for fear they won’t work is ridiculous. Most of the times that new rides don’t work are because they use untested technology…that won’t be true for Harry Potter.

Avatar Image says:

Yeah I can’t wait either! I’ll be there when it opens!

Avatar Image says:

I am going to be in florida on december 1 2009!

Avatar Image says:

Oh my gosh i cannot WAIT! Just wish I could be there for the opening… oh, well, I’ll get there eventually!!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I was at Islands of Adventure during the holiday break, so I went on the Flying Unicorn ride to get a look at the site. Right now its just a whole bunch of dirt and machines sitting around. Nothing too exciting.

Avatar Image says:

YES!!!!!!!!!! I’ll still be living in Orlando! i’m 15 minutes from Universal!!!!!!

Avatar Image says:

i cant wait! i cant wait

Avatar Image says:

Oh, I’m so sad! I thought this would open just in time for my honeymoon, but no. :(

Avatar Image says:

I am going on the day it opens. It is for sure. My aunt is taking me. I can’t wait for my first butterbeer!!!

Avatar Image says:

I think they should have had this theme park (and it is a theme park, by the way. According to the offical website it’s a “theme park within a theme park” this thing is huge!) built a long time ago!!!

It’s debut is set for late 09’ or possibly 2010! It seems late to me. The last book came out last summer, the 6th film is in production and by 2009/2010 the 7th movie will either be in production or already released!

I am a true hardcore HP fan (read the books religiously for years-watched movies-blah blah) but as much as I hate to admit it, when it’s all said and done, HP will be just another fad among our generation.

All the secrets have been exposed in the series, the story has been told and there isn’t anymore anticipation for a next book. Even those who are strictly HP movie goers probably already know the entire story and how it ends. There just isn’t anymore excitment for somthing new in the HP world. This theme park has come along at a bad time in the HP era which is sadly close to an end. I’d love if Harry Potter could bask in his glory for a lot longer, but sadly he wont. After all the HP hype dies down, consumers will find somthing else to be obsessed with.

Sorry I’ve gone on and on—I just really think the park should already be in business. They’ll make loads of money when it first opens with it’s current opening date. The first year will be amazing probably-but after the new wears off so will the money for Universal. People will stop going.

=(

Avatar Image says:

Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a way to cast spells on different things when you go into the park. Too bad magic doesn’t exists the way it does in the HP stories. I want to make some cool things happen when I’m there. Anybody know of anything like this going into the park?

Avatar Image says:

I wonder if you can work there if you’re 15 when it opens?

Avatar Image says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT TILL IT OPENS IM GONNA TOATLLY BE THERE SINCE I LIVE IN ORLANDO FLORIDA I JUST CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT 2 TRY A BUTTERBEER!!!! I KNOW THE FIRST PLACE IM GOING IS THE LEAKY COLDRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Avatar Image says:

do you reckon they will do all the different types of sweets at honeydukes, i can’t wait

Avatar Image says:

it would be cool if somehow you really could fly a broom

Avatar Image says: YAY!!!!my friend and i are going together when it opens for our sweet sixteens its going to be soo.. awesome we have had this planned since they said they were building a theme park and only a year now!!!Avatar Imagepotter fan 911 says: i cant wait till it opens i am saving 520 to but things i hope it opens dec1st 09Avatar Imagepotter fan 911 says: when it opens i going to be there and buy all the stof i can

Write a Reply or Comment