Video of “Order of the Phoenix” LA Premiere on “Ace of Cakes”

212

Jan 25, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Previously we told you the Los Angeles Premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was to be featured on the Food Network’s Ace of Cakes program. As highlighted in the last week’s PotterCast interview, master baker Duff from Ace of Cakes and his team created a special cake in the shape of Hogwarts for the after party. This amazing cake and party were the subject of the show’s opener , and you can now see a clip of the program here in our galleries, which features both the events on the red carpet as well as a brief interview with actor Dan Radcliffe as he admires the cake. If you missed it earlier, there are additional photos of the cake and after party setting here in our image galleries.

The Harry Potter cake episode of Ace of Cakes will be rebroadcast again on February 2 at 9PM (ET), and at these times on the Food Network.

28 Responses to Video of “Order of the Phoenix” LA Premiere on “Ace of Cakes”

Avatar Image says:

I’m glad it will be re-shown. I missed it the first time. I have seen the commercials, but now i can watch the whole episode. ;)

Avatar Image says:

this show is soooo good! Its one of my new favorites. Duff and the RV breakigng down was priceless. they should modeff use the cake for the HBP for the wideshots!

Avatar Image says:

oh man, i’ve never wanted to have a cake so badly before :[

Avatar Image says:

WOW!! Those cakes ARE amazing, cuz on the podcast I didn’t have any idea what it looked like(besides tha fact the its a replica of hogwarts).

Avatar Image says:

When they are serving the cake at the end of the clip, you have to notice that it’s Ralph Fiennes getting a slice…

“Lord Voldemort commands it: Let Them Eat Cake!!”

The cake was fantastic. It was interesting to note that Warner Brothers specified that the castle part of the cake would be “non edible” – wisely so that the castle wouldn’t be destroyed at the premier. We learn from PotterCast that the crew at Charm City Cakes are all HP fans. Having now built a model of Hogwarts, I bet they are true experts of the castle’s layout.

Avatar Image says:

I actually caught the show by accident last night. I was browsing through the cable guide, not even looking for anything in particular, and “Ace of Cakes” was the next thing about to air. I’m so glad I got to see it. I laughed my butt off when Duff mentioned wishing he could just say “Locomotor Cake!” to get it to the premiere. And the “Hey Dumble-dork…” line was priceless.

Avatar Image says:

I soooo wanted Duff to make a cake for my college graduation! He’s AWESOME! (said in my “Duff” voice)

And the cake was just amazing…The Charm City team did an absolutely superb, magnificent, extraordinary, perfect job!

Avatar Image says:

That cake is amazing! I really enjoyed the interview with Duff on Pottercast, too. Awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Amazing cake!! Duff seems like a really cool guy. In fact, I’m pretty sure he is. I laughed so much while listening to the PotterCast interview.

Avatar Image says:

I couldnt believe that WB gave them such crappy pics to work from. They did a fantastic job anyway though…....but then it is Duff and the gang…theyre awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Dan’s comment was spot on! What an amazing cake and so huge! Duff and the rest of the team are really talented.

Avatar Image says:

tea and cake or death, tea and cake or death. Lord Voldemort didn’t get any cake.

Avatar Image says:

Wait, I missed that show??!? Well, glad that the cake turned out so well! Now I’m really impressed that they did such a good job on that one and then turned around and did my wedding cake (Never fall in love with a wedding cake before seeing if there is anyone in the US that can make it) and grooms cake the next week. Oh, if you are wondering if the cakes actually taste any good, they are amazing. Definitely try to get your hands on a slice at some point, especially the pumpkin chocolate chip one.

Avatar Image says:

Amazing!! The cake they produced was totaly amazing!! How they did it and drove across country awing to me. Keep it up!!!

Avatar Image says:

I wonder how many hits the Food Channel site took for that show, and if some bright producer will say “let’s do a series on Hogwarts/Wizarding foods”? Cauldron Cakes, anyone?

Avatar Image says:

and for WB corporate hq, how about a cake that looks like Gringotts???

Avatar Image says:

Oh wow, head over to their website and have a peep at their Quidditch cake! That thing is made of pure awesome!

Avatar Image says:

Yay!!! I love Ace of Cakes—really I love practically anything on the Food Network. I was so incredibly delighted to find out (from FN, not TLC, sorry :P) that Ace of Cakes was going to be creating a cake for the premiere. Too bad I missed the first broadcast of it… I’ll just have to catch the second one….

Avatar Image says:

I noticed that, in character, Daniel and Rupert got cake, but Emma was not to be seen.

Avatar Image says:

Fair Ravenclaw Glenn! I’ll have to remember that line! “Lord Voldemort commands it :Let Them Eat Cake!” I’ve never seen this show, but that cake is amazing! I so wish I had been in LA. Oh, well…admiring work like that is just wonderful! Thanks, Leaky, for the video! Too cool. :D

Avatar Image says:

Yes, the cake was phenomenal. But however hard I looked, I couldn’t see Hagrid’s Hut! What, were they unable to install a working outdoor hot tub?

Avatar Image says:

This show was awesome – I DVR’d it and watched it yesterday. It was great listening to the TLC interview beforehand and then watching the episode – the two went hand in hand perfectly. I want the kitty cat decoration!!!!

Avatar Image says:

That takes soem talent right there. I’ve seen some of his other work (Duff) and he turns out some awesome stuff. He made a Cinderella pumpkin carriage cage once. See what happens when great talent meets. J.K. Rowling and Duff. I bet it was awesome, now I’m gonna TIVO it.

Avatar Image says:

It’s not Ralph Fiennes eating and cutting the cake it’s the other guy from Ace of Cakes. Ralph doesn’t have a tattoo on his neck or would ever cut his hair into a mowhawk. The guy does kind of look like he could be a long lost Fiennes relative.

Avatar Image says:

Owl, at the party everyone got cake, not only the ones you see in the video. ;) Daniel is a very nice person so he went to compliment Duff and his team for the work, which I’m sure Duff loved because in Pottercast he sounded like a big fan of him. Duff was very nice in the pottercast interview, really cool man.

Avatar Image says:

omg! Ace of Cakes is the best show ever! i think my fav line was”hey Dumble-dork…” that was priceless. you go Mary Alice!!!

Avatar Image says:

SWOON…..... that cake is gorgeous! I mean it looks too good to eat! Well done Ace of Cakes.

Avatar ImageFandom_United says: I was just watching this very episode of ace of cakes and was wondering if any of the fansites got to interview Chef Duff...

Write a Reply or Comment