“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Wins People’s Choice Award

332

Jan 09, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” was named a winner at The People’s Choice Award, taking the “Best Movie , Drama” award. In a short video acceptance speech taped on the set of Dumbledore’s office, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) thanked the millions of fans who voted for the award, and noted he is back filming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You can watch the video of Dan’s acceptance speech via the People’s Choice website; to do so click here, scroll down to the Movie Drama category, then click where it says “watch speech.” Congratulations to all at Order of the Phoenix!

Thanks crown and Mary!

On a related note, actress Emma Watson also updated her website with news that she is currently back filming Half-Blood Prince after spending the holidays with her family.

25 Responses to “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” Wins People’s Choice Award

Avatar Image says:

‘Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix’ receives another, in what is surely a very long line of very well deserved awards! Before anyone else has a chance to say it, Fan voted or not, they deserve every accolade they receive! Congratulations, all involved!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to the Team of “Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix” for this well deserved Award. I wholly agree with you Confederate Lady, they deserve every bit of it. Dan looked great at the acceptance speech!

Avatar Image says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, I can’t believe it. The fans have spoken and the winner is OOTP :) Congrats to the whole HARRY POTTER CREW. I would also like to cast a vote for THE LEAKY CAULDRON FOR BEST POTTER SITE ON THE NET. One vote down millions more to follow:)

Avatar Image says:

You see in the video speech, do ya think that’s a Harry costume? never really thought of Harry as a checked shirt man, he’s back to his Dudley hand me down days

Avatar Image says:

But OOTP is classed as favourite drama film. Whilst Pirates wins Favourite Movie. I thought Pirates was slaughtered by audience and critics whislt OOTP was praised, yet it didnt even come in the top 3. I dont understand how these categories are defined and who is voting. Other categories have extremely shocking results too. Oh well, personally OOTP is my favourite film of the year anyway ;)

Avatar Image says:

Very Cool! couldnt be more happy to see this score for the wizarding world! and Dans acceptance speech is very well done!!

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations ! to the team and crew who worked so hard on OOTP to bring that wonderful book to life. You did a wondeful job and this award is very well deserved. And Thank you to all those people who helped in this film winning this award.

Avatar Image says:

Here Here!!!! Professor Potter!!!

Avatar Image says:

Congratz you guys totally disol. that

Avatar Image says:

I taped it and everything! The ONE morning I don’t watch an awards show the morning after it airs!!!! But nooooo, I had to watch Good Morning America because Hillary and McCain won New Hampshire.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations Harry Potter Crew! Absolutely fantastic and well deserved! Also, thanks to all the “People” that voiced their opinion!

What is absolutely amazing is how mature, courteous, gracious, unpretentious, well-spoken, NORMAL, etc. Dan is, also Rupert and Emma! This is a real testimony to their parents! They are so NOT little Hollywood Brats! Thank Goodness Jo insisted on an English cast, I am so glad that she has kept such a tight rein on her creation!

Avatar Image says:

ORDER OF PHOENIX really deserves it.danny was amaznggggggggg.congratulations to the crew.love u rowling..

Avatar Image says:

sweet going… i thought the film was mildly boring, but that’s awesome nonetheless. congratulations!

Avatar Image says:

cool deal, I’m glad they got that award and Dan was very gracious in his speech.

Avatar Image says:

You can definitely tell that it’s an internet vote. Sure, good movie, but look at the competition. No Country for Old Men isn’t even considered.

Avatar Image says:

Congratulations to all of the OotP cast, crew and JKR. You deserve each and every honor bestowed upon you.

Dan is such an excellent speaker and the fact that he takes the time out from his schedule to say thanks says a great deal about the kind of person he is. Now for the biased part of my post…. there is just something about him…

Avatar Image says:

kanedax, i couldn’t agree more! i don’t think people’s choice awards are all that important when you consider it…

Avatar Image says:

je veux qu’il m’envois des méssages:harry potter

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone actually watch the ceremony? I could not stop laughing… Queen Latifah certainly looked like she was having a ball.

Avatar Image says:

Totally agree kanedax these awards aren’t taken that seriously. They are like the MTV Movie Awards rather than the Oscars.

But I’m glad HP won something =)

Avatar Image says:

Ooooh, Congratulations to everyone who worked on the Order of the Phoenix film! :D

Avatar Image says:

lets not dumb down the fact that it one an award no matter what it was. Congratulations to all the cast , this is after all voted for by the people of america- that is saying something , and I for one think that the movie s keep getting better with every installment, which is why Im on pins and needles to see the Half blood prince this year.

Avatar Image says:

I just wanted to say congratulations to the OooP crew for the People’s Choice Award. My son and I have watched the film at least 10 times. We even traveled seven hours this summer to watch it on IMAX in 3D! We can’t wait for “Half-Blood Prince” this fall!!

Avatar Image says:

Congrats OOTP ! But I am SOOOOO FREAKING MAD because I watched only up until they had 20 minutes left, thinking “Oh, since they haven’t even MENTIONED Harry Potter, I might as well leave and go to sleep!” But noo, now I’m reading this and I’m frustrated ! breathes in and out , breathes in and out And Pirates of the Caribbean won for … best movie or w/e!? Um … how about NOT, and change it to Harry Potter – which should have gotten every award during this award show. :) The nominees for some of these awards were really weird , like they just plopped in some movies or actors / actresses thinking “Oh yeah, that’ll just do.” O_o

Avatar Image says:

@Amy S: I really wish I had! I don’t get “network TV”out here. I used to LOVE watching that ceremony! I am so glad that the fans did such a bang-up job, this year! And, yes, the “competition” WAS pretty good. Gemma: These awards are “serious” because they are voted on by the fans…not a bunch of suits who are getting paid really good to “vote for “my” candidate”....THIS award (like many others) is from those who actually saw the movies! What’s more, almost every acceptance speech (INCLUDING the one Dan gave) includes the words ‘It’s YOU the fans, that make this award so special”.

Write a Reply or Comment