Bonnie Wright Contributes Artwork for Prince’s Trust Charity Event

119

Oct 04, 2008

Posted by EdwardTLC
Uncategorized

Actress Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) has contributed artwork for a series of album covers for the band Satus Quo, who are marking the fortieth anniversary release of their ‘Pictures Of Matchstick Men’ single, as part of a charitable event benefiting the Prince’s Trust Charity. An image of the artwork, entitled “Time,” can be viewed right here via our Order partner BonnieWrightOnline.com. Miss Wright joins such other entertainers and artists as Jamie Cullum, Charles Billich, Brian Wilson, and Alice Cooper in providing original artwork to be auctioned off for the charity. The Prince’s Trust Charity aims to help young people reach their goals by providing the tools, education, and support the require. The Status Quo website, says this of Miss Wright and her contribution:

One of our youngest artists, but also one of our most famous, perhaps, is 17-year-old actress Bonnie Wright. Best known for her continuing role as Ginny Weasley in all five of the Harry Potter films ’ from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in 2001 to the most recent, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix ’ Bonnie is currently set to reprise her role in the next film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, where her Ginny character will be playing a leading role as Harry’s main love interest.

While the anniversary release event is invitation only, bidding for the original pieces created for the event is available online. Set to take place on November 5th at Bonhams, the online bidding is set to finish “midday on the day of the Bonhams auction and the highest bids transferred to the auction room at midday on 5th November (the highest bidders online will be given the opportunity to continue bidding).” Further information can be found right here.

Many thanks to our Order Partner Bonnie Wright Online.

24 Responses to Bonnie Wright Contributes Artwork for Prince’s Trust Charity Event

yeah!!! So cool!

Looks nice! She made that? I like it-

cool, but what is it?

Avatar Image says:

Mountains. With either trees or people in a row…

a very beautiful piece…

Avatar Image says:

It’s abstract. There are words, which I believe are taken from a Status Quo song (titled “Marguerita Time,” from which Bonnie’s piece takes it’s name). The lyrics read “Lost in a dream/ lost in a fantasy/ Lost in what seemed to be/ dreams to me/ Seemed to be/ had to be…” with the word “Quo” on the right-hand edge. Very nicely done, Bonnie! Congrats!

awesome for Bonnie :)

Avatar Image says:

Now that Brad mentions the word ‘Quo’ being written on it, on the left side there seems to be a letter ‘L’ as well- so maybe it’s not the whole picture?

Avatar Image says:

Interesting. Nice to see Bonnie in the News once in a while and for a good cause. Nice mountains

Avatar Image says:

That’s awesome, and it’s for charity, even cooler. It’s a very beautiful abstract piece.

Avatar Image says:

Wow Bonnie is a really talented artist,and I knew she was into art alot,but WOW I never knew she was really that good. Way to go Bonnie you rock.

Avatar Image says:

WOW and DOUBLE WOW! I’m not one for Abstract Art, but this piece is exceptional, in my humble opinion. Not being an “art critic”, but enjoying art, for Art’s sake. What a talent! I hope it does well. Just “being famous” doesn’t make you a good artist. This young lady has what it takes for both! Well done, Ms Wright!

I.love.you.bonnie.more.than.life.

Avatar Image says:

That painting looks so good, I really wish I could draw like that.

Avatar Image says:

sorry, but i don’t see whats so amazing about drawing mountains with words on it…just my opinion so don’t hype ppl.

Avatar Image says:

Well, that’s the wonderful thing with art, everyone has diffrent oppinions :)

Avatar Image says:

Breathtaking! What a talented young lady! I only wish I could afford to bid on the thing.

Avatar Image says:

Emmy, the “L” you see if the first letter of the word “Lost” (of the lyrics quoted above). The words are really hard to see in the scan, but I created a zoomed-in version and typed the words as closely as I can arrange them to Bonnie’s original. (I’ve always encouraged art appreciation, and in the case of auctions, feel people need to know what it is they’re bidding on.) You can view the image here (remove spaces, hopefully this will work): http: // www.photobrad.com /images /misc/ bonniezoom.jpg

Avatar Image says:

radders, it’s an abstract image. You see trees, but many people saw a timeline (since the title is Time), others have seen vibes from music, others moutains. That’s probably what makes it really good. Simple, but you can see a lot of different things.

Avatar Image says:

I honestly think she was pretty good and very creative putting the lyrics of the song in a very good interpretation of time. Not to bash or anything with Katie Leung, I think Bonnie’s art’s a lot better (could you remember Katie’s bird in a string or line art?). Anyways, again the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

Avatar Image says:

I assumed (as it’s an album cover) it’s music visually represented and some flowing lyrics.

Avatar Image says:

i love you soooo much!!! you are so cool! email me please if you read this on neemasafaie@hotmail.com/ i’ve meet you before. i dont think you would remember anyway bye for now!

Avatar Image says:

calm down neema its not lyk she’s gna add u, bloody hell talk bout deperate. y give ur email out where evry1 can read it?

Avatar Image says: Greetings, My name is Georgeann DeLuca. I am a committeewoman from New Jersey. To be brief…. In November of 2007 I wrote a Three Part Peace Plan and am working to formulate an International Peace Committee. I am looking for name artists and companies to collectively host a large promotional event to help publicize and move this initiative forward. Can you assist or refer me to those who may be able and willing? Thank you for your prompt action regarding this most important matter and worthy cause. Please get back to me as to what action you might be taking or any referrals you may have. Sincerely, Georgeann DeLuca (908) 231-0513 (908) 229-1456 (cell)

Write a Reply or Comment