Harry, A History: On Harrys’ Survival

114

Oct 09, 2008

Posted by Melissa Anelli
Uncategorized

Check out the Harry, A History website today for another bit from Jo, this time extending what she has previously said about Harry’s survival, and the reasons for it; war veterans, rebuilding, and moral choices, all at the link. (This is discussed on this week’s PotterCast.) Harry comes out on November 4 in North America (pre-ordre here), November 19 in the UK (pre-order here) and November 23 in Australia (pre-order link coming).

You can also check the book out on Facebook here.

18 Responses to Harry, A History: On Harrys’ Survival

Avatar Image says:

Im so excited for this book!

Pre-Ordered!

Love it

Avatar Image says:

Did anyone catch this in the seventh book—Why was Snape loyal to Dumbldore and the cause to bring Vol. down? Vol. killed the woman he loved and he also felt the need to honor her. Why didn’t Draco’s mother tell Vol. that Harry was alive? Her love for Draco. Notice that the series begins and ends with Harry being saved and the defeat of Vol because of a mother’s love. Dumbldore kept saying that love would bring him down.

Harry represents a soldier—now I want to go back and read the series again from that angle. I’m an English Major, and I keep telling people that there is alot of literature value in HP.

Avatar Image says:

I’ve requested it in for the library I work at. Sharing the Potter love!

Avatar Image says:

Excuse me, could somebody tell me why are there two versions of the book available for pre-order (On Amazon.co.uk)? One costs £6.74 and the other £8.15.

Avatar Image says:

Hey guys, i got a question, do u know who anyamarcos is? and is she a registered member on this site? i’d like to talk to her…

Avatar Image says:

Goury – the discrepancy comes about because on is the UK version and one is the US. (The covers are different.) The more expensive version is the US copy. I guess the price is different because it’s being imported?

Avatar Image says:

Thanks! So there is no real difference in the contents, right?

wow

Avatar Image says:

Harry lives and marries Ginny and they have three children, a daughter, and two sons Lily, James and Albus named after the Hogwarts head master.

Avatar Image says:

Can’t wait for this book!! I am loving all the extra little bits that Melissa is releasing on her website that didn’t make it into the book itself :) Hmmm November 23rd for Australia…Nah I think I’ll just order it in from the US and get it early! hehe

Avatar Image says:

How about NZ? Same as Australia? Or will i have to pay a lot to get it shipped from the USA again?

Avatar Image says:

Hey guys, Sorry to get off topic, but Do u know who Anyamarcos is?

Avatar Image says:

Harriett – wouldn’t it be cheaper to get it shipped form Australia?

Avatar Image says:

IM SOOOO UPSET that they had to postpone the movie till next JULY! im a HUGE fan i read all the books, i have all the movies and i study each of them every day, i all so have notes on the next movie from on my computer, Ive had like 30 marathons with my friends that are fans to, we were supposed to see the movie for my sisters birthday(she is in love with harry potter too)

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS!!!!

Avatar Image says:

I have somthing really cool NEW info on the 7th movie- Yes! JK Rowling reveals Ginny Weasley and Harry are married in the Epilogue of Book 7. They have three children as well. The eldest named after Harry’s father, James. The second, named Albus Severus, after Harry’s headmaster and the man that risked his life to bring down Lord Voldemort. And the third child is a little girl named Lily, after Harry’s mother. Also, Harry’s best friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasly are married with children of their own!

Avatar Image says:

NICole, what planet and Year are you in? we’ve known for over a YEAR since the book came out?

Write a Reply or Comment