Harry Potter Conventions Reminder: Registrations Open for Leaky Con 2009, Azkatraz 2009

Conventions
October 25, 2008, 04:09 PM

As the year begins to draw to an end, we've gotten many owls from those asking about Harry Potter gatherings due to be held next year, and so here is a reminder of two of the big events due in 2009.

First a reminder that our very first convention, Leaky Con 2009 will be held next May 21- 24, 2009 in Boston, Massachusetts. With this celebration of the Harry Potter series and the Harry Potter fandom, we also will aid two charities near and dear to us here at Leaky: Book Aid International and HP Alliance. Online Registration is indeed open to this event via this link, (and might make a great holiday gift!), with the $185 price including unlimited access to all of our formal, informal, and youth programming (for our younger attendees) as well as both the opening and closing feasts and Ball. Hotel reservations also open, information available here. In addition, we now have our parent pack information available, which you can download here (pdf) and permission slip here (pdf) for those under 18 interested in attending the event.  Finally, do be sure to head on over to our Leaky Con section of the forum for more.  Hope to see you in Boston!

Also, a second Harry Potter conference will occurr later this summer: Azkatraz 2009, A Harry Potter symposium due to take place July 18-21 in San Francisco, California. Registration for that event is now open, with details on that available via this link.
Admission to the  HPEF event will include four days of activities and programming, including the Podcasts, our Pajama Party, the Prison Break Ball, our Welcoming and Leaving Feasts, the History of Wizarding Fashion Show, and more. In a departure from past years, breakfast is not included but will be part of some special programming workshops and presentations. For the breakfast event, the presenter will be Susan Gunelius, author of Harry Potter: the Story of a Global Business Phenomenon.  As noted on their Live Journal, one package, a special Merlin's Circle registration is $300, and will only be available until May 31, 2009. Basic registration is currently $145 USD. Also be sure to check out the forums for more on hotel reservations for the event.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

Kevin

Too bad they dont have some around Washington, D.C.

Posted by Kevin on October 25, 2008, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Mandi

Aww….nothing is near me!Hope i can go!!

Posted by Mandi on October 25, 2008, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Mandi

Aww….nothing is near me!Hope i can go!!

Posted by Mandi on October 25, 2008, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Celtise

any in the UK or ireland by any chance??

Posted by Celtise on October 26, 2008, 01:12 AM report to moderator
k

@Kevin: Massachusetts is pretty close to DC. Better than California, anyway.

I wish I could go, but I have school and exams… :(

Why is there an advertisement and gallery part interrupting the news in the new layout? :\

Posted by k on October 26, 2008, 01:35 AM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

meh i Live in Minnesota and i am far away from both, and i have limited funds so i doubt ill be able to go to either of them :(

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on October 26, 2008, 06:59 AM report to moderator
H

I want to go to LeakyCon so badly but I have an absolutely unavoidable conflict. : ( : ( Everyone have fun for me!

Posted by H on October 26, 2008, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Orchid

Noo :( Living in Britain sucks sometimes…

Posted by Orchid on October 26, 2008, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Selina

I really wanna goooo! Ita Orchid! We should get something for you know, actually having Jo in the country! :P

Posted by Selina on October 26, 2008, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Slytherin4Life

Nothing ever comes to the south… when I asked my mom if she would go with me to LeakyCon… she said yes, but when I told her the price and the date she said this or Germany… and I will be going to Infinitus in 2010 so I picked Germany but I’m still super crushed bc I cant go to a con sooner… :( Maybe a con will come to the south soon…

Posted by Slytherin4Life on October 26, 2008, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Kim

Is Pottercast coming to Azkatraz?

Posted by Kim on October 27, 2008, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Amanda!!!

IM GOING TO THE SAN FRAN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Posted by Amanda!!! on October 27, 2008, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Anonymous

I wish I could go to Leaky Con but I’m going to be busy. It sounds really call though. I haven’t been to any convention yet…sad.

Posted by Anonymous on October 28, 2008, 09:35 PM report to moderator
sally s

I’m off to Azkatraz. It’s cheaper than Leaky Con and at the moment appears to have more organised.

Posted by sally s on October 29, 2008, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Joe Thordarson

I would like to invite everyone at the Leaky Cauldron to visit my website
thordarsonwands.com . I’m a huge HP fan, and a woodworker for more then 20 years. Last year I combined these two passions and began Thordarson Wands. I make very high quality, custom designed, hand finished Wands for fellow HP fans.
Last summer, on June 28 2008, the Commercial Appeal newspaper in Memphis wrote a very nice article about my company entitled “Just Like Magic”, if you’d like to read it.
Thanks for your attention, and your great website,
Sincerely Joe Thordarson

Posted by Joe Thordarson on November 26, 2008, 08:17 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...it was amazing how many girls Hogwarts suddenly seemed to hold; he had never quite noticed that before. Girls giggling and whispering in the corridors, girls shrieking with laughter as boys passed them, girls excitedly comparing notes on what they were