Video Interview: Robbie Coltrane Talks Flying Bike Scene for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
October 28, 2008, 09:07 PM

Actor Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) has given a few new interviews while attending the London Film Festival for the screening of his latest movie, The Brothers Bloom. Empire Online has a brief video interview at this festival where he briefly mentions the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies. In the interview (approx 2:42 in) reflects on completing the series, and also says he has some fight scenes coming up, and is looking forward to his stunt scene on the flying bike, a Triumph 500. Please note at the beginning of the video you can see a short clip with actor Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) where he discusses some of the many films and great directors he has worked with in his career.

A print interview has also surfaced with Robbie Coltrane where he addresses the filming schedule for the two Deathly Hallows films. Speaking with the BBC, Robbie Coltrane confirmed again that filming begins in February of next year and that "There's going to be downtime between film one and two. You know, they're shooting it in two parts, so there'll be a week or two in the middle." The piece continued:

Each Harry Potter film seems to get bigger and bigger.

Robbie Coltrane: They were always written as another year in the children's lives and they're 17 now of course. So life has changed for them.

Romance is in the air. The threats get more and more threatening as his powers and knowledge and all of their powers and magic get stronger. They have to up the anti. The books are like that, that's the way they're written.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

anne

agree with Anonymous. I was hoping they wouldn’t cut that scene. It will be fab.

Posted by anne on October 29, 2008, 06:35 AM report to moderator
Robbie

I REALLY hope they dont cut dubledores last scene EVER or the giganticly cool battle either. pivotal scenes. pivotal scenes. EXTREMELY so. the flight of the prince is cool and real important, but i really hope they dont cut the DA and the Order fighting the Death Eaters, and the bike scene, on a plus, sounds totally awesome.

Posted by Robbie on October 29, 2008, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Moody One

ravenclawguy1972 I’m in complete agreement with you. I would hope that they would end the film with a shot of the White Tomb. To Martha: I think I read somewhere that they might begin the DH with Dumbledore’s funeral. I might be mistaken. I know that HBP won’t be until July. But the 10 yr old in me has hope it’s released at Christmas. lol

Posted by Moody One on October 29, 2008, 07:44 AM report to moderator
decarus

I think that the final scene of the film is with the trio plus ginny somewhere talking. I think the top of a tower but don’t quote me on that. Ginny and ron are in the background and hermione and harry are in the foreground discussing the note in the RAB locket, discussing that they have to do something about it. Ginny does not take part in the conversation and just walks away when ron joins hermione and harry and we end with the trio together as usually.

I also think even though they have split DH into two films, that doesn’t mean that they are going to be able to include everything that is in the book. They are still going to have to make cuts and i was afraid that this would be one because it isn’t technically necessary. They could just have harry be at the burrow at the beginning of the film. Believe me, i hope not. The seven potters is a great scene that really shows the danger the entire group is in straight off.

Posted by decarus on October 29, 2008, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Sofia

My real fear is that the absence of DumbledoreĀ“s funeral means that they will mess up the hallows plot in DH. If we won’t see DumbledoreĀ“s tomb in HBP, maybe Voldemort will not take the wand from it in DH. And depending on how they will film Voldemort taking possession of the elder wand, all the explanation about why the killing curse rebound in the final book will be lost.
PS: Sorry about my writing. I’m from Brazil.

Posted by Sofia on October 29, 2008, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I may have misread, and someone may have addressed this. Some folks seem to be confusing ‘Half Blood Prince’ and ‘Deathly Hallows’…if I remember, there is
no “hagrid flying on the motorcycle” in ‘Half Blood Prince’…I’m kinda in a
run, so I’ll check later….let’s not get too excited about ‘Deathly Hallows’ until
‘Half Blood Prince’ has screened, eh?

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 29, 2008, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Lisa

It always makes me think of Hedwig!!! :( So sad that part… :(

But glad they are keeping it! everything should be in the movies since they are creating 2 movies! everything!

Posted by Lisa on October 29, 2008, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Moody One

Confederate Lady…we were talking about scenes we wanted to see in the DH movie. Sorry for the confusion. I hope they do the scenes justice. It’s gonna be awesome to see 7 Harry’s flying around everywhere. To Sofia….I agree with you, they really need Dumbledore’s funeral to set the mood for the DH movies. It’s just such an important part of the books. To leave it out would just be wrong. But I do have to say I love love loved the teaser trailer!!!!!

Posted by Moody One on October 29, 2008, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Scully

Looking forward to seeing ‘The Seven Potters’ on screen – should be exciting.

Posted by Scully on October 29, 2008, 12:09 PM report to moderator
decarus

I think the best reason for them to keep the seven potters and have harry begin at his aunt and uncles house is to show his aunt and uncle again. I mean this is the end. There is no more. I sort of think they should have that last moment at their house. I just don’t know if the scene is vital to the plot of the films.

I agree that not showing the funeral does bring a lot of questions of what happens with the wand. I remember reading that one of the reasons they split DH into two books was so they could actually show the hallows. There just wouldn’t have been time to rid the world of the remaining four horcruxes and then kill voldemort in only one film.

Does anyone remember in the pre-screening? Do they show draco disarm dumbledore? I just can’t remember it being mentioned.

Posted by decarus on October 29, 2008, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

@Moody One: LOL! I thought I had misread! I’m kinda “fuzzy”, that early. VERY cool. I agree with all of the thoughts. I hope it all goes well…DH is so far away. I [for one] hope they do NOT cut Dumbledor’s Funeral. But I’m afraid they will. I just don’t know how they’re going to “tie the two together”. At least, as they say, they will NOT be cutting much [if anything] from DH. It will be interesting, decarus, to see just where they split the last one.

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 29, 2008, 04:49 PM report to moderator
becca

i cant wait for the new harry potter movies either!! rupert gets HOTTER and HOTTER every time!! you would think it was impossible!!!! lmao

Posted by becca on October 29, 2008, 04:56 PM report to moderator
H

AAHH! Deathly Hallows! Just hearing discussion about these scenes gets me hyped. They better not mess it up, its my favourite!

Posted by H on October 29, 2008, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Susan

so many things come full circle in DH as Jo intended…so many friendly nods to the previous 6 books…I so hope that WB puts those little moments in for the fans…like Sirius’ motorbike—its the opening scene in HPSS and now we have it confirmed that it will be nearly “opening scene” in the last film (even if it is two parts)…God I can’t wait for the remaining films… but even more so, I keep hoping and praying that Jo will relent and write more HP in some form…I know in my heart of hearts she misses it as much as we all do! Take a long deserved break, but some day Jo, pleeeeeze write more HP…. PLEASE???? :-)

Posted by Susan on November 01, 2008, 11:43 PM report to moderator
jenn

hagrid is freakin’ ace, much love for robbie coltrane right here!

Posted by jenn on November 04, 2008, 12:06 PM report to moderator

"Master has given a sock," said the elf in wonderment. "Master gave it to Dobby."[br]"What's that?" spat Mr. Malfoy. "What did you say?"[br]"Got a sock," said Dobby in disbelief. "Master threw it, and Dobby caught it, and Dobby -- Dobby is [i]free."[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014