New Photos of Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy and More

HBP Film
October 29, 2008, 01:17 PM

Several new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have surfaced online. New are looks at Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy, Teen Tom Riddle, Head table with Prof. Slughorn, as well as one of  Ron with Lavender Brown, Young Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore and Harry at the train station, another of Professor Slughorn extracting a memory.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to Potterish for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Miniature hippogriff

If I would guess, without knowing, which characters they play I would NEVER guess right!
C’mon! Slughorn doesn’t have a moustashe, Narcissa looks like Rita Skeeter(!) and that Riddle-boy doesn’t look handsome at all! (according to me)
And I expected Fenrir to look a lot “greyer”. That guy looks like he’s been more out in the sun than me!

Posted by Miniature hippogriff on October 29, 2008, 01:52 PM report to moderator
twiwizardjedi

I agree with those who said they can’t shake Makani’s artwork from their imagination, especially when it comes to anything Malfoy. Wish they could have cast the first teen Riddle for continuity’s sake. And Ron looks so happy wearing that necklace! Wonder if poor Hermione is looking on…

Posted by twiwizardjedi on October 29, 2008, 01:58 PM report to moderator
jensenly

Cissy’s face looks right, but that hair! WB – what’s wrong with you???

I am very much looking forward to McCrory’s performance, however.

Posted by jensenly on October 29, 2008, 02:03 PM report to moderator
SproutMdme

I think Greyback looks excellent, very frightening, and on the verge of attack, just as he should. I agree with most everyone: Narcissa would look a lot more appropriate without the Cruella DeVille split-hair look…it’s distracting from her sneering, smug face, which is how she is described. Tom Riddle and Lavender look terrific, but Slughorn really should have been fatter and had at least a small mustache. But he’s a great actor, and I think he’ll play him perfectly. Can’t wait, even though I’m still steaming mad at WB.

Posted by SproutMdme on October 29, 2008, 02:06 PM report to moderator
MIchele

Oh my I just noticed after many views that poor Ron has the necklace on. How funny is that.
I usually don’t get into the hair war that goes on before every movie. Usually I really don’t care if the hair matches the book description but I have to say why oh why did they do that to Narcissa’s hair. We are not a stupid audience that we could not figure out that they are sisters but with different color hair. Many families have children with different color hair. We don’t need the dead brown animal on top of her head to point out the link.

Posted by MIchele on October 29, 2008, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Roni

Narcissa looks ridiculous…stupid stupid hair, and I don’t get why they’d do that.

Posted by Roni on October 29, 2008, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Bri

I like Narcissa, though she doesn’t look much like I pictured her. That’s not a bother. She just has that expression I imagined her with and that’s enough for me.

Posted by Bri on October 29, 2008, 02:29 PM report to moderator
KoRn

could anyone tell me, when the station scene with dumbledore and harry is in the book? I can’t really remeber this happen…

Posted by KoRn on October 29, 2008, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Professor Cassandra

WOAH not how I pictured Greyback at all! They definitely made him creepy enough, though. Narcissa is ok. Not how I pictured her hair, but I love the outfit and the red lipstick. My favorite is the one of teen Tom Riddle. Ooh la la! <3

Posted by Professor Cassandra on October 29, 2008, 02:39 PM report to moderator
DJ_Whoo_Kid

Is it me or does Narcissa look like Cruella DeVille….never really pictured her like that

Posted by DJ_Whoo_Kid on October 29, 2008, 02:40 PM report to moderator
rymfirebolt

They said Cristian Coulson looked too old for the part. I dont remember how said it but I know I read it some where.

Posted by rymfirebolt on October 29, 2008, 02:42 PM report to moderator
remipau

Greyback is great, he will be better in the movie, here this is a make up picture with no “feelings”. But to bad they didn’t use the actor sexyness !

Narcissa is good too, maybe not as blond and beautiful as she should be, but at least the actress is talented.

Posted by remipau on October 29, 2008, 02:53 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Fenrir is what nightmares are made of. I have to say, I’m a little bit worried what the younger audience will think of him. I can’t look at that picture too long it scares me so much. Imagine what an elementary school kid will think.

Posted by Jordan on October 29, 2008, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Oh and I hate Cissa’s hair. I’d like to have a good sit-down with whoever was responsible for that mess.

Posted by Jordan on October 29, 2008, 03:02 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

Not crazy about Narcissa’s hair, but Greyback is VERY SCARY!!!!

Posted by KB Prez on October 29, 2008, 03:10 PM report to moderator

"...Miss Granger -- you can partner Miss Bulstrode."[br][Bulstrode was] a Slytherin girl who reminded Harry of a picture he'd seen in [i]Holidays with Hags[/i]. She was large and square and her heavy jaw jutted aggressively. Hermione gave her a weak smile

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014