UK Harry Potter Audio Book Ad Campaigns and Photos Now Online

Oct 03, 2008

Posted by SueTLC
Uncategorized

Hoop Associates, a company based in the UK, has posted online a host of behind the scenes marketing and photo shoots used in the marketing of the Harry Potter audio books. At this link, you can see many new rare behind the scenes photos of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, along with narrator Stephen Fry as the prepare the imagery used in the marketing of the audio books. UPDATE These are now available in our image galleries here, here, and here. Also, there are individual segments from the ad company focusing on the packaging of each of the audio books, the advertising campaigns, the packages from Bloomsbury, as well as feature on boxes and more. Click around and enjoy! (Be sure to spot the photo of Jo and Stephen in the flying car!)

Thanks to all who owled!

15 Responses to UK Harry Potter Audio Book Ad Campaigns and Photos Now Online

cool! first? yay!

Avatar Image says:

Wow! That’s cool. The audiobooks are AWESOME!!

Avatar Image says:

I have all of Stephen Fry’s version of the audiobooks. I just love them. I’m listening to Half Blood Prince (again), and once I’ve finished Deathly hallows (again), I’ll go back to Philosopher’s Stone (again). I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve listened to the whole series, but I find it so enjoyable and relaxing after a hard day’s work. Maybe it’s a bit obsessive though?

Avatar Image says:

Mrs Dobby: “Obsessive”? Whatd’ya mean? We Leaky fans don’t know the meaning of the word – do we?!

I, too, LOVE the Stephen Fry versions. If you’ve only ever lstened to Jim Dale, do yourself a favour and listen to the Brit versions – wicked!

Avatar Image says:

I loved the bit about the urn! “Only she knew whose ashes she had created” remembers days of not knowing the outcome of Deathly hallows

Avatar Image says:

Hello Mrs Dobby, i’m the same – i’m currently on Chamber of Secrets and will go through the whole series in chronological order. It’s great after a hard day at work – lying in the bath with my candles lit and Stephen Fry reading in the background. I also fall asleep to them – fabulous.

Avatar Image says:

Ahh! I literally squeed through all of these pictures. I love the both of them so much!

Avatar Image says:

“We gonna need a bigger urn”, said Stephen Fry (photo 3)

Avatar Image says:

“I agree” said Jo (picutre 4)

Avatar Image says:

After a glorious photo shoot, Hedwig now learns who is the first to go in the urn…(picture 34)

Avatar Image says:

If you click on “Flash Harry” on the side, pictures 1 and 15 are the loveliest of all of them with of Jo and Stephen.

To re-iterate others, do listen to a Fry read of Potter. Not to take anything away from Jim Dale but Fry’s voice and his eloquent delivery is music to the ears.

Avatar Image says:

A mini Disco Ball??? Whats up with that? LOL Hey, all kidding asside. Will any of these be available, in the US? There are a couple of items I wouldn’t mind having! I have a hard time finding the Audio Books, except on Amazon. I think the Silver Shoulder Bag, the larger of the Lunch Tins and the Yellow Tin are really neat! Questions, questions QUESTIONS! This is truely awesome!

Avatar Image says:

glad there’s something for everyone…..I love the Jim Dale versions and can’t tolerate Stephen Fry. I donated my copy of his version to the library and replaced everything with Jim Dale. His voices are amazing. and don’t start dissin’ me: I’m not the only one who prefers Jim Dale!!!

Avatar Image says:

Well the first six audiobooks I only had from Jim Dale, but than I went to the midnight sales of DH in London and bought Stephen for the first time, as it was the first Audibook of DH I could lay my shacking hands on.

I needed a bit of time to get used to his voice and switched between Stephen and Jim about three times each for DH so to figger out, whom I would prefer best. And well, Stephen won. To be fair Jim is exelent also, but Stephen takes more care of small details .. I like the different pronunciation of Grindelwald from Harry and Krum. Fleur’s english accent. Volemorts echoing voice.

What I dont liked from Stephen in DH, he doesn’t read the introduction of Aeschylus and W. Penn and Jim does read it, it sounds so great.

What I realy would like are Audiobooks read by Jo, I would be very happy to have a womans voice also (and especialy hers) Jo is great at reading and I would love to hear her read all her books by herself. Would there be any chance for this in a near future ?

Avatar Image says:

I visited London in 2005 and bought all 6 of the available Stephen Fry versions. £200 at Waterstones on Oxford St.

I had DH shipped from England: $100 CDN from Waterstones.co.uk.

I have an iPod touch devoted to the 7 books.

I’m listening to DH again (on chapter 22… “The Deathly Hallows” as I write this) and with all due respect to Mr. Dale, Stephen’s characters are a little more realistic, and every character is so recognizable. When I listen to him switch characters and intonation from line to line, simultaneously playing all these characters… switching from Hermione’s trepidation to Harry’s excitement over the hallows, then back to straight narration. The man is a genius.

If you’ve never listened to a Stephen Fry version of a Harry Potter book, as “pottershrink” said “do yourself a favour” (note the British spelling :-) ) and I’ll say you owe it to yourself as a Potter fan to experience what I feel is as close as we’ll get to a totally unabridged “movie”: superb acting, with NOTHING CHANGED OR LEFT OUT!!!

Write a Reply or Comment