New Photo of McGonagall from "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
November 10, 2008, 08:13 PM

A new photo from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has now surfaced online. Bearing an official WB logo, this looks to be a new still of Professor McGonagall, as portrayed by actress Dame Maggie Smith. You can see this photo here in our galleries.

Thanks to ScarPotter for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

pandabearinsouth

It looks like shes upset. Also no robes, more like dress clothes. She has her hand inside the box/desk. There’s something in it you can see the edges of it coming up higher than the wood. The box/desk isn’t long or wide enough to be a casket. I’m thinking that this is a still from a added part. The director has already said that the funeral isn’t going to be in the film. Maybe, this is part of a end of term ceremony. McGonagall is headmistress now that DD is dead, she would conduct it.??? They’ve got to find a way to go from DD’s death to the end, without the funeral.

Posted by pandabearinsouth on November 11, 2008, 12:38 AM report to moderator
hpboy13

Looks just like I did on Halloween! Talk of which, vote McGonagall (Irvin) at Mugglenet’s Costume Contest before it’s too late!

Posted by hpboy13 on November 11, 2008, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Megan

Once again, I’m drawn to Ron’s arms in the nextdoor pic! LOL!

Posted by Megan on November 11, 2008, 02:17 AM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

im not sure what it is, it doesn’t look quite right to be a desk or a casket, perhaps a impromptu memorial of some sort but there is nothing the in pic to show that, and its definately not the headmaster’s office that Mc Gonagall is standing in, just not really enough inthe pic to positively identify what the msytery object is or whats happening in it, but i do agree by the worn out, pained lok on her face id say its after Dumbledore’s death

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on November 11, 2008, 02:33 AM report to moderator
jenn

go on maggie XD
looking rather stressed and worn down there.
and thankyou Beth A, i could only see the little tiny pic until i read your comment ;D

just my thought but the wooden thing to the left looks like one of those tall things people make speeches from?? like in church or whatever. normally with a book on to be read from??

and agreed with Gweneth, i liked the pictures.. made it look nicer..

Posted by jenn on November 11, 2008, 04:19 AM report to moderator
JOEY!

IT’S THE OPAL NECKLACE!!! LOOK!! YOU CAN SEE ON THE DESK IF YOU LOOK VERY CAREFULLY A FOLD WHERE THE NECKLACE WAS PLACED. SEE>>> http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/gallery/films/HBP/rumorsleaksandothermisunconfirmedthings/normal_movies_hbp_stills_02.jpg

Posted by JOEY! on November 11, 2008, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Audrey

Just a question… Don’t know if anyone can answer me. I had read that Dame Maggie Smith had breast cancer not too long ago. I’m pretty sure I read it on this site. Does anyone know if she’s better? Is she in remission yet? I hope so…

Posted by Audrey on November 11, 2008, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Moody One

She looks so stern! I can’t wait to see the movie! I miss the pic’s on the posts too!

Posted by Moody One on November 11, 2008, 09:45 AM report to moderator
dumbyforth

next week, i.e NOV. 21,was the original release date of harry potter and the 1/2 blood prince.I ABSOLUTELY LOATH THE WARNER BROS. omg 8 months to wait!!!!!!!!!!!. they could release some more pics. if they had a bit of decency. this one’s AWESOME though.i was desperate for nov. 21 four months ago.

Posted by dumbyforth on November 11, 2008, 11:07 AM report to moderator
dumbyforth

one last thing,I HATE WARNER BROTHERS

Posted by dumbyforth on November 11, 2008, 11:09 AM report to moderator
HudMug1712

i think its definately after dumbledore has died. i thort at first it was dumbledores podium but its far too long. might be the staff table

Posted by HudMug1712 on November 11, 2008, 11:09 AM report to moderator
hambro

Not too sure on the costume, it doesn’t look very authentic, and were’s the hat? It’s been missing for about 2 films. And she is supposed to be wearing amerald robes, like the first two movies. The little things…. Anyway, it’s not maggie’s fault, she is great as Minnie. I hope she portrays minnie kicking ass in the battle of hogwarts in the last film.

Posted by hambro on November 11, 2008, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Workin@theLibrary

Oh my gosh. JOEY!, I think you may be right. Everything fits. She’s wearing the same clothes, there’s snow in the background, and the podium thing looks the same in both pictures. It has to be the scene with the necklace!

Posted by Workin@theLibrary on November 11, 2008, 12:15 PM report to moderator
YoungMcGonagall

Her hand is behind something in this picture though, rather than flat on a table like the opal necklace one. =/ I thought it might be Dumbledore’s casket at first, but I think it looks like she’s ascending a staircase.

Posted by YoungMcGonagall on November 11, 2008, 12:32 PM report to moderator
YoungMcGonagall

Posted by YoungMcGonagall on November 11, 2008, 12:32 PM report to moderator

"No, don' go! I've -- I've never met another one before!"[br]"Anuzzer [i]what,[/i] precisely?" said Madame Maxime, her tone icy...[br]"Another half-giant, o' course!" said Hagrid.[br]"'Ow dare you!" shrieked Madame Maxime.