"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Anjeli Singh

Congrats Melissa!

Posted by Anjeli Singh on November 12, 2008, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Hope

Congratulations!!! You deserve it!

Posted by Hope on November 12, 2008, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Addie

A. MAZE. ING.

just like you!! <3

Posted by Addie on November 12, 2008, 06:34 PM report to moderator
serena

Congrats Melissa! This is amazing!

Posted by serena on November 12, 2008, 06:40 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar

Way to go Melissa!

Posted by Ilzairspar on November 12, 2008, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Stine

Congratulations, Melissa! :) That’s awesome!

I got your book in the mail last Thursday and had finished it by Friday night. It’s amazing, and I don’t think anyone could have captured the fandom experience better than you. It really sums up the “era” we’ve gone through (which is why I’ve placed it right next to Deathly Hallows on my bookshelf), and it truly makes me proud to be a part of this fandom. :)

Posted by Stine on November 12, 2008, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Lydia

That is so awesome Melissa!!!
Congrats!!!

Posted by Lydia on November 12, 2008, 06:43 PM report to moderator
gabriellejoya

Congrats Melissa! I can’t believe that you made it to the list! This is totally amazing! Congrats!

Posted by gabriellejoya on November 12, 2008, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Melissa, this is so awesome! I can’t even imagine how surreal this must be for you. I read your book and enjoyed it to the enth degree. I wish I could say more, however Post’s comments are an insufficient medium.

Best of luck in everything!

Posted by Jordan on November 12, 2008, 06:53 PM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

omigodomigodomigodomigodomigod! CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA! THAT IS TREMEDOUS! I was lapping up your book all day at school today; I admire you so much! You really have become a role model for me!
Congratulations!!!!!!!! And thank you! I just can’t say either of those things enough.

Posted by givemesomeTLC on November 12, 2008, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Debo

I bought the book last week and didn’t want to put it down…alas work got in the way and didn’t finish it until Sunday. I LOVED IT!!! I’m giving it as Christmas gifts to all my family members who are Harry Potter fans. My youngest daughter was 10 or 11 when the first book came out and by the time GOF was out I decided to see what all the hoopla was about. I been hooked ever since…so is my oldest daughter (she’s your age) and son-in law. We have had so much fun discussing plot lines, desperately waiting for the next books and lamenting the end of the series. Your book helped fill a Harry Potter void left after Deathly Hallows and I’m so happy that it has made the New York Times best seller list…I didn’t think there would be any doubt about that! Congratulations!

Posted by Debo on November 12, 2008, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Old Mr Toad

I repeat, It is not you who must thank us. It is for us, the grateful readers of your work to extend our thanks to you for your unflaging dedication to the world of Harry Potter. You have helped us digest the huge volumes of canon, and to examine the most minute of details of his world. You, and you alone, have earned the trust and faith of our favorite author and provided us with insights we could have gotten no other way.

Thank you Melissa for Harry, A History. And thank you for Leaky as well.
Thank you for being you.

OMT

Posted by Old Mr Toad on November 12, 2008, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Oxymoronic

What an amazing accomplishment Melissa…CONGRATS!

Posted by Oxymoronic on November 12, 2008, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Congrats Melissa! I read the book last week when I got it and it was wonderful. My mother bought me another copy thinking I didn’t have it. lol I’m donating it to our public library. Keep up the good work Melissa! : )

Posted by Moody One on November 12, 2008, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Thank you Melissa!! Your book is amazing!!

Posted by Jordan on November 12, 2008, 07:18 PM report to moderator

"You're joking, Weasley!" said Malfoy, behind them. "You're not telling me someone's asked [i]that[/i] to the ball? Not the long-molared Mudblood?"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014