"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

elven*princess221

Congratulations Melissa! I’m so happy for you!

Posted by elven*princess221 on November 12, 2008, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Michelle

which list is it considered part of? the regular adult list?

Posted by Michelle on November 12, 2008, 07:34 PM report to moderator
Lys

Congrats, Melissa! The book is AMAZING. <3

Posted by Lys on November 12, 2008, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Lys

Congrats, Melissa! The book is AMAZING. <3

Posted by Lys on November 12, 2008, 07:41 PM report to moderator
daate

this is so amazing. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by daate on November 12, 2008, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Ethan

This is so great! Congratulations Melissa!!!!!!

Posted by Ethan on November 12, 2008, 08:12 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

Already said congrats on the HaH site, but I’ll say it here too. This is awesome. I hope the book continues to sell well.

Posted by mollywobble on November 12, 2008, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Thio

My friend promissed me she will bring me one copy of your book when she goes to New York! I live in Brazil and wanted to buy the book online from Amazon…. but she wants to buy me a copy (and one for her, of course), so I’ll just have to be patient… but I can’t wait to read your book Melissa!!

Congratulations to you!! \o/

Posted by Thio on November 12, 2008, 08:39 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

CONGRATULATIONS Melissa!!!

I’m about 1/2 way into “HaH” now. I became an HP fanatic less than 3 years ago, so it’s great to read about all the craziness that I missed.

Posted by KB Prez on November 12, 2008, 08:45 PM report to moderator
sPlattygroit

Congrats Melissa. My book was delivered last night….now if I can just get these kids to bed I can dig in. I know it will be great! You deserve this…..you worked hard for it!

Posted by sPlattygroit on November 12, 2008, 08:51 PM report to moderator
PigmyPuffPie

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!

Posted by PigmyPuffPie on November 12, 2008, 08:51 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Congratulations! That is such a great honor! I’ve enjoyed the book so far!

Posted by Carebie on November 12, 2008, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Mary

Congratulations Melissa! I love the book and I’m glad to see it being acknowledged for how great it is!

Posted by Mary on November 12, 2008, 09:06 PM report to moderator
NCMcGonagall

Terrific news, Melissa! I love your book and am looking forward to reading it a second time and many more times after that! Great book!

Posted by NCMcGonagall on November 12, 2008, 09:16 PM report to moderator
GL

Way to go Melissa!!!!!!! I got the book and was done in 36 hours. I expected it to be great, but it managed to exceed my expectations. Well done!

Posted by GL on November 12, 2008, 09:17 PM report to moderator

"I think we've got her! Just give me two seconds in the library -- just to make sure!"...[br]"Oi!" Ron called after her. "We've got our History of Magic exam in ten minutes! Blimey," he said, turning back to Harry, "she must really hate that Skeeter woman