"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Sophie

Congratulations! I bet it will rise to a higher number ;) 18 is amazing though! I can’t wait to read it when it comes. Everything I’ve heard on PotterCast and youtube has been amazing. We fans are so proud of you, Melissa! Thank you!!

Posted by Sophie on November 13, 2008, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Madeline

Congratulations, Melissa!! That’s fantastic!!

Posted by Madeline on November 13, 2008, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Bailey

Good Job Melissa!!! the book was so great i feel like you told all of our stories. It meant alot. You wrote a bestseller, way to go you’re awesome!!!!!!

Posted by Bailey on November 13, 2008, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Lisa

I’m almost finished with your book Melissa. I love it!

Posted by Lisa on November 13, 2008, 11:08 AM report to moderator
~*Cynthia*~

I stopped at Borders on my way to work the other day and picked up a copy. I was in a hurry, so I was about to ask the lady at the counter what section your book was in and I saw it was right in front of my face on the “Best Sellers” table!! I about peed my pants with excitement!

I am so happy for you Melissa… It felt like a moment of celebration for all of the fandom :)

Posted by ~*Cynthia*~ on November 13, 2008, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Karen

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Posted by Karen on November 13, 2008, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Jeannine

Malissa—That’s ROCKIN!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
I just bought your book yesterday ,haven’t yet had time to start reading it
but was just told how GOOD it is by a friend who also just read it.
Am looking forward to it.
WOW! what a accomplishment!!!!

Posted by Jeannine on November 13, 2008, 11:49 AM report to moderator
IndigoMisfit

Congratulations Melissa!!

Posted by IndigoMisfit on November 13, 2008, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Thio

Jim,

That’s precisely right!! I remember thinking the exact same think when I read the word “should”.

Posted by Thio on November 13, 2008, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Jessie

AHHH! That’s amazing, Melissa, congrats! I was waiting to hear news like this! SQUEEE!!! : )

Posted by Jessie on November 13, 2008, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Congratulations Melissa. Once uni work stops for the term I cant wait to be reading your book

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 13, 2008, 04:47 PM report to moderator
AvaB

Well done Melissa! I have just this minute ordered my copy from Amazon, and have had it gift wrapped to myself, along with the special edition of Beedle the Bard!!! It’s a Christmas present to myself after what has been a very difficult year. I hope to be able to sit on my hands and not open them until Christmas Eve, so that then a whole potterverse treat will be there fore me once my children are in bed!!!!! Best wishes and congratulations, Ava

Posted by AvaB on November 13, 2008, 05:08 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

That is awesome, you rock, congrats! I’ll be picking it up this weekend. I can’t wait. :)

Posted by ScottMan on November 13, 2008, 05:56 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

Posted by ScottMan on November 13, 2008, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-a!!!

Omg CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Soooooo cool!

Posted by Jen-en-en-a!!! on November 13, 2008, 09:43 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

He cleared his throat, and the emerald eyes seemed to flicker.[br][i]"Open,"[/i] said Harry, in a low, faint hiss.[br]The serpents parted as the wall cracked open, the halves slid smoothly out of sight, and Harry, shaking from head to foot, walked inside.