New Half-Blood Prince Trailer

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
November 14, 2008, 12:00 PM

WB has sent fan sites the links to a new Half-Blood Trailer, which will be live with Twilight NEXT Friday. Enjoy!

(A special reaction PotterCast is now on our feed; subscribers, please update. You can also watch it with trailer clips at our YouTube channel.)

You can now view this video in our video galleries.

Windows HD

Large
Medium
Small
Low

IPod
IPod Version

This trailer features Harry and Dumbledore going on one of their missions; Slugnorn's class, Ron passing out, a return of Pyromaniac Seamus, Ron's "in love" with Romilda scene, Luna in her Spectrespecs, Tom at the orphanage, Harry being called the Chosen One several times, Harry and Dumbledore at the cave, Quidditch, the young Tom Riddle, a smoky Dark Mark, a scene of Death Eater excitement at Hogwarts, a pale and worried-looking Draco, the just-before-kiss for Ginny and Harry, Harry and Hermione talking on top of the Astronomy tower, the fire scene at the cave, "Fight back, you coward!", Snape, Death Eaters destroying a bridge, Harry trapped as Dumbledore faces Snape, and a score that sounds much different than those that have come before.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Professor Potter

Good day Confederate Lady :) And for goodness sake stop hanging your head in shame as if you insulted someone! You make a spontaneous opinion that you can change or stick with over time. Personally, I think its Luna (her posture, walk and same colour clothes). It would be nice to have a tad more of her character in the film as she has proven to be a perfect “charm” relief. Ron is obviously providing the bulk of comic relief. I believe Yates will have the perfect balance just as he had in OOTP.

Posted by Professor Potter on November 16, 2008, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Chris

David Yates is NOT the best director of the H.P. movies. He is responsible for making the shortest H.P. movie from the longest book in the series! The editing was sub-par on OOTP (the director picks the editor).

The last movie should have been at LEAST thirty minutes longer.

Don’t get me wrong. I love ALL the movies, but the last one was the worst interpretation (from book to movie). I was disappointed when Yates was picked to direct the last three movies. He has the same editor, Mark Day, on this movie. So expect the same choppy editing on this movie.

WB should be ashamed about pushing the movie out. The move is all about money! Look at the movies out now, they would have made a TON of money. We should have been seeing this movie in five days, not eight months!

Posted by Chris on November 16, 2008, 09:49 AM report to moderator
allie

omg i love it it is sooo awesome

Posted by allie on November 16, 2008, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Harry Loony

Stacey,you are right…I think David Yates is the best director in the series so far…followed by Alfonso…but the last movie was short a little way too short but I guess that was to try and capture the general atmosphere of the book…That’s my opinion!

Posted by Harry Loony on November 16, 2008, 10:28 AM report to moderator
tiffany

OMG, I love this trailer ! Hermione’s hair looks HUGEEE in Potion class !

I have a question though, can anybody understand what Harry says right before he and Dumbledore apparate? I just can’t seem to get that! Thanks!

But on the whole, wonderful trailer (although I do have a preference for the teaser trailer) !

Posted by tiffany on November 16, 2008, 10:31 AM report to moderator
MattJM

WB has apparently managed to herd many of the sheep back into the fold. All bitterness about the release date push-back, a truly catastrophic business move for every other party involved with the film (moviegoers, merchandisers, the production team and cast itself), has apparently evaporated is the face of this latest bit of bait from WB.

Yes, the trailer is excellent, the movie looks excellent, and I would like to congratulate the production team for what, so far, looks like a job very well done.

I would also like to say thankyou to WB, for saving me the price of a movie ticket. Because I’m still not going to see this film in the cinema. At all.

Looks like WB, as usual, is stepping on as many people as they like, and the way things are trending at the moment, is still getting exactly what they want.

Could we please try to reverse that trend by not mindlessly giving them the financial return they arrogantly expect to recieve despite what they have done? Boycotting will not change how much the cast and crew get paid, but it will change WB’s attitude in the future.

Posted by MattJM on November 16, 2008, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Chris

I love these movies, but “Hermione’s hair”?!!!!!! Do you REALLY understand what Rowling is saying with this story? Hermione’s hair!?!?!?!

Posted by Chris on November 16, 2008, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Chris

Also, the teaser was just Dumbledore saying about 11 (give or take) words with nothing but the Warner Bros. trademark. It was worthless!

Posted by Chris on November 16, 2008, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Ray

With all the trailers they’ve give us we’ve practically seen the whole film!!!
Well, the best bits, anyway :)
Lol.. “but I am the chosen one” will never fail to make me laugh :)

Posted by Ray on November 16, 2008, 11:10 AM report to moderator
JayPotter

I loved this Trailer is was superb. I am so mixed on feeling right now I am happy for the trailer but getting angry that I have to wait.

Posted by JayPotter on November 16, 2008, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Chris

Well, we’ve seen about 2 minutes of the movie. We’ll probable get another 3 or 4 trailers from the “great” Warner Bros. before the movie opens. Hopefully they won’t ruin it for the people that didn’t read the book. I wouldn’t put it past them!

Posted by Chris on November 16, 2008, 11:25 AM report to moderator
peteek

You know i think it’s kinda funny that we were all waiting for the trailer for like 2 months and now we’ve got 3 trailers! weird huh

Posted by peteek on November 16, 2008, 11:25 AM report to moderator
teddy bear

I know who is all on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Harry, Ron, Ginny, Katie, Coote, Peakes, and I think the other one is Demelza.

Posted by teddy bear on November 16, 2008, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Tucker

hmm.. wonder when the trailer cast is gonna be released?

Posted by Tucker on November 16, 2008, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Chris

Hey teddy bear, let’s not talk about the story for those who have not read the book.

Posted by Chris on November 16, 2008, 11:35 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Blimey, this is difficult. See, there was this wizard who went... bad. As bad as you could go. Worse. Worse than worse. His name was..."[br]Hagrid gulped, but no words came out.[br]"Could you write it down?" Harry suggested.[br]"Nah -- can't spell it. Al