Clips of Dan Radcliffe's "Inside the Actors Studio" Appearance (Updated)

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
November 23, 2008, 08:11 PM

As TLC reported previously, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was a guest on the acclaimed Bravo program Inside the Actors Studio for their new season.  While the entirety of Mr. Radcliffe's interview will premiere on December 1st, a number of short clips from the interview are now online via the Bravo site.  In these various clips, Mr. Radcliffe discusses with host James Lipton such things as the budding relationship between Ron and Hermione, his place on the Hollywood Pantheon, his own shyness, his role as Alan Strang in "Equus," the late actor Richard Harris, his love for the game of Cricket, being a normal teenager, getting the role of Harry Potter, and his experiences filming the first film.  You can watch the entire interview with Dan Radcliffe when the program airs on Monday, December 1st on cable channel Bravo.

Update:  We now have for you these clips from Dan Radcliffe's appearance available in our Leaky Video Galleries for your viewing ease.

Many thanks to our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

pottershrink

Anyone else having a problem with the Richard Harris snippet – won’t play properly?

Interview is rather… strange. Kinda creepy. Would make a good Sanguini, methinks.

Love that Dan!

Posted by pottershrink on November 24, 2008, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Great stuff from Dan. He is quite a hyper fella actually, never quite sitting still ;) But he truly soars in confidence. He is never intimidated by anything as he has proven with Equus, and the countless interviews he has done. Lipton is quite an intimidating person but Dan just comfortably answers with a dynamic personality, giving the audience plenty of laughs and intelligent conversation. And Jeez, how many times is he forced to talk about being naked! Though I have to say, he doesnt seem to mind and always have something quite funny to say about.

But did I hear James Lipton state that Harry Potter was written as a result of Jo’s mother passing away? I tried to play the video back but for some reason it wont play anymore. I wonder where he is getting his information from. We all know thats not the case but her mother’s passing away did lead her to place more deep emphasis on the connection between Harry and his parents.

Posted by Professor Potter on November 24, 2008, 07:22 AM report to moderator
Scully

@ Jim – well said, I agree with every word! As for the interview, I’ve never liked this programme. Many times it just fuels guests pretensions about the ‘importance’ of their proffession. The fact Dan doesn’t fall into this catergory is one of the reasons he’s so likeable.

Posted by Scully on November 24, 2008, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Thio

Professor Potter,
I think he said that Jo’s mother passing away was what made Jo write “Harry as a boy who longed for his dead parents”.
It isn’t wrong, I think…. it’s just that Lipton didn’t get into any details.

Posted by Thio on November 24, 2008, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Liz

Frankly, I cannot wait to see Ron and Hermione smooch. I hope it’s as sweet and powerful as it is in the book. I for one would like to see a little more eye contact and those looks of feelings come from Ron and Hermione that works up to the actual kiss. I’m a romantic!

Posted by Liz on November 24, 2008, 10:49 AM report to moderator
Jordan

This is exactly way Daniel rocks!!!

Posted by Jordan on November 24, 2008, 11:12 AM report to moderator
twiwizardjedi

I’ve been looking forward to this. Dan’s fantastic in these interviews, truly. And just so adorable when talking about cricket. Can’t wait to see the whole thing.

Posted by twiwizardjedi on November 24, 2008, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Despina

There’s a smart young man! never boring, never repeating himself…
I love his interviews!

Posted by Despina on November 24, 2008, 12:05 PM report to moderator
kamion

He is pretty cocksure answering that question about Michelangelo’s David.

I never saw Lipton before, but I get the idea that it isn’t an intervieuwer who jokes about a lot, something that is Dan’s major forte, nevertheless he wasn’t itimidated at all, more mature then ever before I would say.

Posted by kamion on November 24, 2008, 03:58 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

I love Dan’s interviews even if the questioner is James Lipton. Lipton’s manner can be very sleep inducing. Dan never takes himself too seriously. He still has that wonderful sense of humor. I’m just MAD about him!

Posted by KB Prez on November 24, 2008, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

Why is it that Dan looks so much younger in this video even though he has a beard? In the trailer i swear he looks 25 or something. In the video he looks more 19/18ish

But whatver. Im wondering if this is going to play in Canada too and on what channel or is it America only as usual.?

Posted by Crown Victoria on November 24, 2008, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Kerri

Omg, that was so funny! Poor Dan. He sounded so smart and so funny, very much like the Dan we’ve come to love and expect.

Posted by Kerri on November 24, 2008, 09:00 PM report to moderator
radcakesfan

I liked what this lady said about Dan :
of all of the Harry Potter kids, Daniel seems the only one who is dedicated to building an actual acting career. Not content to rely on his “15 minutes” to get cheesy roles in cheesier projects, Daniel Radcliffe has braced himself to portray a really difficult and nuanced character and is, according to most reviews, largely succeeding. While many might go to see ‘Harry Potter’ drop trou, they’ll also get to see a young star developing into a real actor. This is the celeb performance to see this season.

I suppose that’s why he got into this show as well as being the lead in one of the major franchises. People are always anxiious to hear what he has to say.

The people/shippers who need to get a grip are those who are pathetically anxious about someone else’s ship lol. I agree with Severus, Dan and Emma have loads of chemistry and since Hermione is supposed to be even more beautiful than in “real” life, I would imagine Harry would look even more handsome as well. I cannot wait to see this scene. Done right, it will be one of the best cinematic scenes in this series. Quite frankly, ron bores the hell out of me, and his relationship to Hermione is about equivalent to the grawp/hermione one. Just not interesting to me in the least.

Posted by radcakesfan on November 25, 2008, 03:30 AM report to moderator
Jim

Mmm….interesting take rad. Let’s see, 1) boy has to watch genocidal maniac’s images of his best friend and the girl he loves kissing, while at the same time they both ridicule him as worthless. This causes boy to an instantanious thought of attempting to kill best friend. 2) after several years of unresolved sexual tension, due to insecurity and immaturity, boy and girl release those feelings in a passionate embrace in the midst of a war where it’s possible they could die. I don’t know about you, but my money’s on Celine Dione singing a ballad about the latter. Opinions on who is the more handsome or beautiful is irrelevant – it’s obvious the messages in Jo’s story has been completely lost on you. Oh well, I’ll leave you get back to the exciting world of ’ DanRadcliffe Land’ ( a lovely bloke with some lousy fans ), while I’ll return to the boring world of Harry Potter ( yeah, I know there’s a character called Ron in it, but I’ll just have to live with it ).

Posted by Jim on November 25, 2008, 04:06 AM report to moderator
lupinluvly

I agree with Jim, on some extend what’s wrong with people?! Actors are not characters. they don’t follow a script on their relationships. and DANIEL RADCLIFFE SAID HIMSELF that he thinks of Emma Watson as FRIEND and SISTER-LIKE.
i don’t think people should find entretaining at all. it’s creepy

so stop it with the shipping.

i can’t watch the video, can anyone do a transcript of it?

Posted by lupinluvly on November 25, 2008, 07:23 AM report to moderator

He pressed his badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced by another one, which glowed green: [i]POTTER STINKS[/i][br]The Slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them pressed their badges too, until the message [i]POTTER STINK