Clips of Dan Radcliffe's "Inside the Actors Studio" Appearance (Updated)

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
November 23, 2008, 08:11 PM

As TLC reported previously, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was a guest on the acclaimed Bravo program Inside the Actors Studio for their new season.  While the entirety of Mr. Radcliffe's interview will premiere on December 1st, a number of short clips from the interview are now online via the Bravo site.  In these various clips, Mr. Radcliffe discusses with host James Lipton such things as the budding relationship between Ron and Hermione, his place on the Hollywood Pantheon, his own shyness, his role as Alan Strang in "Equus," the late actor Richard Harris, his love for the game of Cricket, being a normal teenager, getting the role of Harry Potter, and his experiences filming the first film.  You can watch the entire interview with Dan Radcliffe when the program airs on Monday, December 1st on cable channel Bravo.

Update:  We now have for you these clips from Dan Radcliffe's appearance available in our Leaky Video Galleries for your viewing ease.

Many thanks to our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Scully

“my money’s on Celine Dione singing a ballad about the latter”.
LOL Jim but your wasting your time. I’ve had a few run-ins with Radcakesfan myself and there’s something you need to understand – Dan has the face of an angel and the talent of a god. The idea of any woman, fictional or otherwise, choosing someone else is incomprehensible. There are a few H/Hr shippers here you can have a sensible discussion with but, trust me, radcakesfan isn’t one of them.

Posted by Scully on November 25, 2008, 07:32 AM report to moderator
switshflickgurl

I can’t see the videos! the links don’t work.
can anyone make transcripts for the interviews???!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by switshflickgurl on November 25, 2008, 08:09 AM report to moderator
AA

I don’t recall people complaining when Dan and Katie kisses in 5. I think people are wanting it to be all about R/Hr but fact is that this scene is important. I also think overactive fans are scared that this kiss will outshine (because of the heat/taunting nature of it) will overshadow a R/Hr kiss, and it probably will. People’s choice prefer sexy kisses to ‘happy ending’ ones. But that’s OK. You still get the R/Hr ending. Isn’t that what you want? The HP fan base is varied. They have to satisfy everyone to keep them wanting to go to the theatre and see the film. Add onto that the Chemistry DR and EW have and it’s probably what they’re using to get the buck bang for the studio.

Posted by AA on November 25, 2008, 09:55 AM report to moderator
sml

Well – I’m not a shipper of any sort, for me that was not the main crux of the story. However, I would hate to see them take the Horcrux scene out, it was full of tension and suspense. And in the end – Ron and Harry’s relationship was made even stronger, not to mention that Ron destroyed the Horcrux. It seems foolish to want them to delete that scene simply because the Hermione figure will be seen kissing someone prior to Ron. It’s not really Hermione, remember, just her likeness. Is it in truth, a fear of seeing Emma kiss someone else in the movie before she kisses Rupert? Because really – that is just weird.

Posted by sml on November 25, 2008, 11:20 AM report to moderator
hayden

Agree with you there – sml. It just seems to me that the H/Hr shippers are happy that Dan and emma will concetize that relationship onscreen. It’s the other camp who seems to be “insecure” that this kiss will be more talked about than the R/Hr kiss. Okay, Ron gets the girl. Let’s not resurrect the shipping wars…

Posted by hayden on November 25, 2008, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Sonja

Hmmmm…I´m wondering if I´m the only one who thinks that some people are taking this “shipping-thingie” waaaaay to serious….just wondering

Posted by Sonja on November 26, 2008, 12:10 AM report to moderator
radcakesfan

There are some pathetic fans who actually feel upset that Emma kissing Dan in a scene first is not right, that it should actually be Ron getting her "first " kissing scene. How sick in the head are they? These are the same mental cases who do not want to see the evil h/hr kiss despite it being canon because they are so afraid it will overshadow the r/hr kiss, as some people have said. We find you lot rather amusing too Jim and Scully. Oh and just because the actors have chemistry, doesn’t mean there’s something there in real life. Most of us realize that. You lot apparently don’t. Also I don’t care about an
" act that releases unresolved feelings of love" because i’m not interested in the storyline of the sidekicks. That can go by the wayside, so far as i’m concerned. I’m going to quote Jonathan Ross on being questioned about what happens to Ron; he said “who cares?” lol.

Posted by radcakesfan on November 26, 2008, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Jim

We have Voldemort and his lovely background singers ( the radiant Bellatrix, the soulful Lucius, the rythmic Yaxley and the harp playing Alecto )
*Why do birds suddenly appear
Everytime….you are near

Just like me….they long to be….close to you*

Dan and Emma’s, oops I mean Harry and Hermione’s lips touch

OMG! OMG! SWOOOON…….SQUEE!!!

Posted by Jim on November 26, 2008, 10:17 AM report to moderator
iheartpink

I LOVE DAN RADCLIFFE!!!!!!! i swear i’m going to marry him one day!!!!!

Posted by iheartpink on November 26, 2008, 11:00 AM report to moderator
jam

It’s rather hilarious how insecure some Dan/Emma shippers plus harmonians are. And how they can twist “their lips met” (and that’s all there is in the book!) into meaning something hot and steamy.

Of course they will kiss in the movie, but it’s pathetic how some people insist it will outshine the R/Hr moment. eye rolling

Posted by jam on November 26, 2008, 11:52 AM report to moderator
bebe

I really enjoyed these clips (oh yeah, the topic, remember?) and look forward to the full interview. Hopefully, some of the audience stuff is included.

Posted by bebe on November 26, 2008, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Sarah

Jam,maybe for you but the media will be mad for that kiss,now i can see the headlines:“Radcliffe and Watson kiss”“They will be in love?”they are obsessed with D/E,their dream will be real so….i don’t understand why the R/Hr shippers are so afraid,you are always"oh,that NEVER happen"and when JK writes one kiss between them you are"oh nooo"LOL who are the insecure?

Posted by Sarah on November 26, 2008, 01:27 PM report to moderator
jam

I don’t pay too much attention to either group of the shippers these days, but it’s definitely “harmonians” who are obsessed about the kiss and eagerly grab every small bone thrown at them. R/Hrs, on the other hand, appreciate canon, and almost all of them will name “Silver Doe” as their favorite chapter in the last book.

Also I’ve never saw them doubt R/Hr getting together in the end, while harmonians were full of doubts. As for this movie kiss, I haven’t seen R/Hr shippers being “fearful” about it, and why should they be? They might point out, like I did, that all that was in the book was “their lips met”… and if you want to interpret that as being fearful, I’d say you’re deluded.

Where’s the fear, really? All I’ve seen in this thread is radcakesfan doing his/her usual trolling.
Posted by jam on November 26, 2008, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Sarah

"trolling"wow very mature….because he/she has other opinion than you he/she is a troll…jam how old are you?5 or 3?and if you aren’t a R/Hr shipper why are you talking for all the shippers?if the harmonians are excited for that kiss,fine,the R/Hr are excited for their kiss too.Get over it.

Posted by Sarah on November 26, 2008, 03:19 PM report to moderator
jam

I’ve seen enough of his or her posts to call her that.

And I’m not talking for all the shippers, obviously. I’m making observations. It’s funny that you’re accusing me of something like that while making presumptions about R/Hr shippers and their fears yourself.

Posted by jam on November 26, 2008, 03:41 PM report to moderator

"Very few people know that Lord Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle... [he] sank so deeply into the Dark Arts, consorted with the very worst of our kind, underwent so many dangerous, magical transformations, that when he resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, he

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014