PotterCast Emceeing Bryn Mawr Yule Ball with Moaning Myrtles, Mudbloods, Whompy and Ministry!

Wizard Rock
Posted by: Melissa
December 01, 2008, 11:06 AM

If you're anywhere near Philadelphia this Saturday, December 6, hie thee to the Bryn Mawr Yule Ball, a fantastic Wizard Rock Holiday concert at which The Moaning Myrtles, The Whomping Willows, Ministry of Magic, and The Mudbloods will be playing. All four PotterCasters will be in attendance as we shall serve as the night's emcees! It's also taking place in a Great Hall, people. Best of all?

It's FREE!

Get out your Yule Ball dresses and party suits, and we'll see you there for some fun with friends, music and holiday cheer.

All the details about the event (as well as a chance to RSVP, though you don't technically need to) are right here on the event's Facebook page.

It is at 8 p.m., Saturday, December 6, in the Thomas Great Hall at Bryn Mawr College:
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA
Click here for a map!
Directions and more at the Facebook page.

This is just one of several announcements about events this week so STAY TUNED! (The all-caps was worth it.)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wizard Rock News

Ravenmind

I am extremely jealous of everyone who gets to go to this. I’ve never been to a Wizard Rock concert (though I would absolutely love to) and this one just sounds too amazing to be missed. Alas, if only school didn’t exist, I lived nearby, and I could drive… So, a plea to those who go: Please post everything you can from it (especially if it’s video from Ministry of Magic- they’re one of my favorite bands)!

Posted by Ravenmind on December 01, 2008, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Economrs.

My husband just reminded me that we’ll be in NY that weekend—grr. Otherwise I would really want go! Thanks everyone for your encouragement to go!

Posted by Economrs. on December 01, 2008, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Thio

I would love to go and see live wizard rock… but Philadelphia is kind of far away from Brazil.
Just promisse me you won’t stop doing this encounters until I get the oportunity to go to at least one…

Posted by Thio on December 01, 2008, 09:17 PM report to moderator
pottervfd

God I wish I could go. I go to school in Erie, so I could find someone to drive me for 6+ there! I am going to plan this out so I will be able to go! maybe I’ll take the bus. I wish I hadn’t given Harry, A History to my brother so I could have Melissa sign it.

Posted by pottervfd on December 02, 2008, 12:27 AM report to moderator
pottervfd

Edit: Sorry, that’s 6+ hours.

Posted by pottervfd on December 02, 2008, 12:29 AM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

hey i’m so excited BUT it’s not showing up on my itunes. I’ve hit refresh about a dozen times. any body else with this problem? i guess for now I’ll just listen to it directly from the site. ;) hope everybody’s turkey day was good!

Posted by givemesomeTLC on December 02, 2008, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Thio

givemesomeTLC,
This is not a new pottercast… it’s just an “invitation” to a Yule Ball this saturday.
That avatar can be a little misleading!

Posted by Thio on December 02, 2008, 08:33 AM report to moderator
kowens

I definately want to go, only I’m 17 and there’s no way my mom is going to come into the city with me and sit around while i do this. is there any way around that?

Posted by kowens on December 02, 2008, 08:48 AM report to moderator
IndigoMisfit

Awesome!!!! I knew it was a good idea to move to Philly!!!!!!

Posted by IndigoMisfit on December 02, 2008, 09:07 AM report to moderator
janspach

It’s so sad that all the fun stuff is so far away. :-( I know it will be great, have fun east coasters.

Posted by janspach on December 02, 2008, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff Tim

I wish I could go it sounds awsome. How about a recreation in Chicago sometime. At least make it in to a full PotterCast. I still listen to the Detroit Wrock City episode and The Minstry of Magic has never apeard on a PotterCast before that I am aware of. I will be thinking of you all and be extremely jelous :(

Posted by Hufflepuff Tim on December 02, 2008, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Amy Darlene

i’m fairly close… but i’m doing my own concert until 7:30 in Wilmington….. i really want to go though… this would be my first Wizard Rock Concert…..

i’m so torn… if i come i’ll be late…

Posted by Amy Darlene on December 03, 2008, 09:19 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"You just wait till I tell Dad you had that thing out --"[br]"Running to Daddy now, are you? Is his ickle boxing champ frightened of nasty Harry's wand?"