Happy Birthday, Kenneth Branagh

Actor Birthdays
Posted by: Edward
December 10, 2008, 03:01 PM

Please join us here at TLC today in wishing a very happy birthday to actor Kenneth Branagh, who portrayed the character of Gilderoy Lockhart in the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets film.  Mr. Branagh celebrates his 48th birthday today.  Cheers to you!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Birthdays News

Lucas Cozort

Happy Birthday, Kenneth. Too bad you weren’t in the fifth movie…

Posted by Lucas Cozort on December 10, 2008, 03:05 PM report to moderator
daate

ok, so i have a kinda random question….who exactly is Edward? i’m thrilled you’re here, but you’re so behind-the-scenes—-i’ve never heard mention of you, never seen you on video at any of the events (or if so, haven’t realized it’s you) and you’re not listed on the “senior staff” list…would you mind clarifying for me who you are?

Posted by daate on December 10, 2008, 03:16 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kenneth Branagh!!!!

Your Gilderoy Lockhart was simpy PERFECT!!!!

Posted by KB Prez on December 10, 2008, 03:29 PM report to moderator
josh

he should have been in movie 5 too……………

Posted by josh on December 10, 2008, 06:02 PM report to moderator
scurvy_cur

Cool he’s exactly a year older than my dad! He did a brilliant portrayal of Lockhart in the 2nd film i wish he had been in OotP!

Posted by scurvy_cur on December 10, 2008, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Amy.

Happy Birthday Girdle-legs!! I am enjoying Wallander and I loved you in Ivanov last month you will always be one of my most favourite actors! And no one else who’s been involved in the Potter films has made my enormous list of British actors. I agree, should have brought him back for part 5!!

Posted by Amy. on December 10, 2008, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Pamela

Kenneth Branagh is an amazing actor. I loved him in so many movies, I think I lost count. And I’m still counting! Happy Birthday Kenneth.

Posted by Pamela on December 10, 2008, 06:34 PM report to moderator
HeDw!g

Ohh~~
Happy Birthday Professor!
lol

_______________________

Posted by HeDw!g on December 10, 2008, 07:38 PM report to moderator
llol

everything everyone else said and more. happy b-day!

Posted by llol on December 10, 2008, 09:06 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

Happy Birthday!

Posted by lily_luna on December 10, 2008, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Professor Potter

Happy Birthday to Kenneth, the man who made Shakespare famous and Gilderoy Lockhart a scene stealer ;)

@daate, you are onto something. “Edward” posts nearly half of the news items here, but we you’re right we never see “Edward” and does not have a blog amongst the 30 odd Leaky staff bloggers on this site. But I do remember Edward taking over Melissa’s reporting of the RDR trial so must have been with Melissa, Sue, John & Frak at the time.

So I have come to the conclusion that Edward is actually JO ROWLING

Posted by Professor Potter on December 11, 2008, 06:04 AM report to moderator
 Dontez Davis

Happy BDay

Posted by Dontez Davis on December 11, 2008, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Graymayne

Happy Birthday, Kenneth! I never knowingly miss anything you do on screen, large or small, because you are always superb. I’m currently following Wallander, I hope there will be more to come.

Posted by Graymayne on December 11, 2008, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Miriam

I’m surprised he’s only 48 – he’s been around for so long. And he directed Shakespeare ages ago, I was sure he would be in his mid-50s now! Anyway, happy birthday to him. I saw Wallander recently, it was quite good but I missed the ending. He’s directing Jude Law in Hamlet next year, isn’t he? That should be interesting.

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Kaela

Happy Birthday Kenneth! (Sorry I’m a day late)
I must say, I don’t think anyone could have played Gilderoy Lockhart better! You did an amazing job!
Too bad they didn’t have your part in the 5th movie! :(

Posted by Kaela on December 11, 2008, 05:45 PM report to moderator

"Sibyll Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleague